Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 14, 2014 9:05 PM
Apr 2014
just ran across this manhwa yesterday and finally caught up to the lastest chapter. reminded me of veritas. It's soo good i love it!
Mar 30, 2015 11:34 AM

Jun 2008
I wouldn't mind if it did, but it then be a Korean animation. A first to hit the US shores?
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Apr 13, 2015 4:28 AM
May 2013
I Just finished Girls of the Wild's my first Manwha/Manga(Not sure if there's a difference apart from what country made them), I wanted to know if this had the potential to get a anime adaptation.

I'm definitely going to keep following this though even without one, was a epic read.
Apr 13, 2015 1:24 PM

Mar 2013
No. The animation industry is too small in Korea to support adaptations except in extremely rare circumstances. This, unfortunately, is not one of them.
Apr 13, 2015 1:41 PM
Apr 2015
zhope213 said:
(Not sure if there's a difference apart from what country made them)

Not really, except the ratio of breast size (A.K.A. Super huge VS Loli (because god forbid there's a normal sized woman in a manga/wha).), wich is clearly in favor of the Koreans for the Big Boobs. Also, Mangas and Manhua (chinese) are read Right to Left, while Manwha are read Left to Right. The art style is more refined I guess you would say in Manwhas though, from what I've noticed. There is a noticable change in style between both.

Other than that, there's not much difference.

Also, Sweet_Love is essentialy right for the rest.
Apr 13, 2015 2:46 PM

Jan 2013
Threads Merged
Sep 20, 2015 9:26 AM

Nov 2014
Sweet_Love said:
No. The animation industry is too small in Korea to support adaptations except in extremely rare circumstances. This, unfortunately, is not one of them.

So japanese studios only animate japanese works?that kind of sucks.i have a feeling this series would be one of the more popular ones if it was adapted.but seeing as it has already reached 200 and there doesnt seem to be any sign of an adaptation....sigh...
Oct 6, 2015 9:37 PM

Jul 2008
PrevE said:
Sweet_Love said:

So japanese studios only animate japanese works?that kind of sucks.i have a feeling this series would be one of the more popular ones if it was adapted.but seeing as it has already reached 200 and there doesnt seem to be any sign of an adaptation....sigh...

Manhwa published in Korea aren't adapted as an anime, ever and that will very likely never change.

It does happens that sometime, some manhwa artists affiliate with Japanese publishers. Still, you cannot call their work a manhwa anymore since they're supervised by a Japanese editor and restricted to the same standard as a normal manga. It's basically manhwa artists writing a manga, an example of this situation is the manga Kurokami. Those "manhwa artists" written mangas can be adapted since they are manga.

It's not even about being hopeful; You should eliminate the very thought of any existing manhwa (no matter how popular it is) to ever receive a Japanese anime adaptation. You probably have way more chance to be hit by a car three days in a row than it happening.
Oct 18, 2015 5:13 AM

Dec 2013
Shangetsu said:

It's not even about being hopeful; You should eliminate the very thought of any existing manhwa (no matter how popular it is) to ever receive a Japanese anime adaptation. You probably have way more chance to be hit by a car three days in a row than it happening.

Wow your really unhappy about this aren't you??? You need to be more optimistic.

PrevE said:

So japanese studios only animate japanese works?that kind of sucks.

I know right? I really wish that some japanese studio goes against the flow and decides to adapt manhwa- there are many that i enjoy- usually more then manga.
Oct 18, 2015 10:37 PM

Jun 2013
If chinese comic like school shock get an anime adaptation, then there are still possibilities for GOTW too
Oct 18, 2015 11:37 PM

Jul 2008
ironace said:

Wow your really unhappy about this aren't you??? You need to be more optimistic.

I'd like for some manhwa to be animated but it's stupid to act like it's a realistic outcome when it's not. You can keep dreaming if you want but at least realize it's a dream.

ironace said:

I know right? I really wish that some japanese studio goes against the flow and decides to adapt manhwa- there are many that i enjoy- usually more then manga.

Japan hating Korea is nothing new and even if it's far from being a war-like situation, there is a very strong rivalry between the two countries. Japan in particular is a country that is proud of it's own culture to a fault and it is unthinkable that they will ever consider merging a rival's culture to their own except if they feel a strong necessity to do so.

There is also an insane amount of manga and visual novel to adapt with more of them being created every day. It is already impossible for the anime industry to keep up with the amount of work to adapt so it is one more reason for them not to dwelve far away from home.

Hidayat246 said:
If chinese comic like school shock get an anime adaptation, then there are still possibilities for GOTW too

Chu feng is a Chinese animated show, it's not made in Japan.
It's getting a Japanese dub and air on Japanese TV but it's a Chinese work altogether.

That's why misinformed people get high hope for something that will not happen. Unless a Korean animation studio decide to animate GotW you can pretty much forget it ever getting an anime adaptation. Same goes for every other manhwa.

If you're not happy with it then get rich, hire an animation studio, pay the royalty fee to the author and have them animate whatever work you want.
Oct 19, 2015 3:24 AM

Dec 2013
whats wrong with dreaming- it can give people some sense of happiness? :(

I understand that they have some sort of rivalry- but Im quite sure that even the studios are beginning to realize that most of the stuff not animated is just shit. Some fans are not happy with the direction the anime tropes are heading towards. They need to do something other then just adapt manga and videogames.
BTW, there is an anime called maplestory- even though its not popular- has been adapted from a korean game, which shows that if enough popularity is there they will adapt it- what happens next is another story.
And recently a web series RWBY has been greenlit for an anime and/or manga adaptation. So whats wrong with dreaming about stuff that has more chances of occuring then one being hit by a car 3 times a day?
BTW, pennyiscute (admin of the webtoons club on MAL) went to japan and she later showed a picture of girls of the wilds and noblesse on a poster on the train that was probably promoting it and the naver webtsite. So...... fingers crossed that someone comes across this and eventually webtoons a regularly adapted.
ironaceOct 19, 2015 3:28 AM
Oct 19, 2015 6:54 AM

Jul 2013
ironace said:

RWBY will only get a manga which isn't saying much since a shitton of stuff can get a manga adaptation like the High School Musical movies.
And you don't know how anime is adapted. It's not the studio picking a source material to make an anime but the publisher contacting a studio to make one for the sake of promoting it so unless Naver tries to do something you shouldn't get your hopes up really.
Oct 19, 2015 10:26 AM

Dec 2013
Kruzy said:

RWBY will only get a manga which isn't saying much since a shitton of stuff can get a manga adaptation like the High School Musical movies.
And you don't know how anime is adapted. It's not the studio picking a source material to make an anime but the publisher contacting a studio to make one for the sake of promoting it so unless Naver tries to do something you shouldn't get your hopes up really.

Shit really? If thats the case then i hope naver does do something about it. All the parties involved will have much to gain if its turns successful.
Oct 20, 2015 7:20 AM

Nov 2014
I think naver is trying very hard to promote itself since there is already merch being produced and sold.so like you said hopefully we'll get an animation sooner or later
Nov 18, 2015 6:44 AM

Dec 2013
Hell yes!
Noblesse OVA has been planned and a pv is out!
Since that and girls of the wilds as well as tower of god are the 'big 3' webtoons of naver, one can expect at least an ova of this series in the future!
Nov 23, 2015 10:15 PM

Jul 2008
ironace said:
Hell yes!
Noblesse OVA has been planned and a pv is out!
Since that and girls of the wilds as well as tower of god are the 'big 3' webtoons of naver, one can expect at least an ova of this series in the future!

Few points to note before you drown in your hype.

Noblesse's OVA will be made by Studio Animal which is a Korean animation studio iirc. At best it'll get a Japanese dub like Chu Feng. It isn't an anime since it isn't made by a Japanese studio.

This point lead to :

Although Korea do some animated short, they cannot be compared to Japan when it comes to make animated series. The number of animated series they did is extremely small compared to american cartoon and anime. Another particularity of Korean animation is that they most often reserves shorts / ova-like episodes for adaptation purpose but almost never base any of their animated TV series on manhwas. I said almost never but it might as well be never, I only said it in case an exception or two exist for people not to chirp on my words.

Even by a Korean studio, Girl of the Wild (or even Noblesse) being animated as a series is extremely unlikely. It's not impossible for it to get a short someday (as long as its popularity stop lowering by the week) but it'll be by a Korean studio and is likely to be the last animated thing of this series you will ever see.
Nov 24, 2015 7:43 AM

Dec 2013

I knew that the studio was not Japanese, but nonetheless progress was still made.
True Korean and Japanese studios cannot compare, but im not comparing.
The probability is low but not less the 30%. As long as it gets animated i will be happy.
Jan 18, 2016 8:37 PM

Nov 2014
Highly unlikely to get adaptation, and highly unlike that it would be just as awesome drawing quality.

More topics from this board

» Does this get better?

Ubada03 - Dec 7, 2023

1 by afrid_istiaq »»
Dec 8, 2023 5:30 AM

Poll: » Girls of the Wild's Chapter 260 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2016

101 by Doutei-kun »»
Jul 23, 2023 4:07 PM

Poll: » Girls of the Wild's Chapter 145 Discussion

Spider-titan55 - Jul 12, 2014

37 by Doutei-kun »»
Jul 23, 2023 8:04 AM

Poll: » Girls of the Wild's Chapter 143 Discussion

Spider-titan55 - Jun 22, 2014

17 by Doutei-kun »»
Jul 23, 2023 7:40 AM

Poll: » Girls of the Wild's Chapter 132 Discussion

Spider-titan55 - Apr 5, 2014

30 by Doutei-kun »»
Jul 23, 2023 2:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.