Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 12, 2014 2:24 PM

Jan 2010
This thread is for the discussion of Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt.
  • Posts of any length are encouraged. However, in the case of very long posts, make sure each point made is concise or concise enough; it should always be easy to follow. In the case of very short posts, make sure what little you've said offers potential for further discussion.
  • Instead of writing from scratch, you can also try responding to a stance taken by a previous person, or elaborate on any interesting comment you've seen in the discussion so far.
  • Please try not to form too many comparisons. This makes it difficult for you to properly explain the significance of each one. Furthermore, you are limiting the scope of your message only to those who are familiar with the titles you are referencing.
  • Although it is natural for a conversation to take on a life of its own, avoid dragging the discussion completely off-topic.
  • Always be sure to exercise common sense, common courtesy, and clarity of argument.
danzOct 5, 2014 2:27 AM
"My tables-meet it is I set it down
That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain."
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Sep 13, 2014 8:50 AM

Jul 2013
I wish I watched this in the english dub because I found the crassness to add to the humor. In any case, it was a ridiculous show, that's for sure, but I didn't really enjoy it except for some scenes. I do remember laughing for some parts but sometimes for a whole episode I didn't crack a smile. I don't feel that there's much more I want to say about this one.
Sep 14, 2014 6:00 AM

Apr 2012
Hm, I really enjoyed half of what I watched I think, but damn, I can bear many things, but, I absolutely can't bear the vomit+shit combo :( !
So, I dropped after 6 episodes~ (I feel a bit ashamed about this one after all the praise this anime received though :')).
But yeah, it clearly has undeniable qualities such as the art, the characters (I personnally love how they abused each characters stereotypes~) and the rhythm of the stories was good, even if it's more *easy* to do when the stories last ~12 minutes (I thought at start that the stories were 25-minutes-long !).
Finally, I can't really talk about the humor as Nagisa did as I can only (and rarely) crack a smile at best when I watch shows :(.
Sep 14, 2014 2:06 PM
Lewd Connoisseur

Nov 2011
The English Dub fits perfectly with the show with how the voices feel suitable with the tone and humor, which is a rare case for anime dubbing. Loud and abrasive are two elements that make the humor significant and fresh every time.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Manga: Onanie Master Kurosawa

lpf - Apr 3, 2015

3 by Kuiper »»
Aug 21, 2018 9:31 PM

» Topic: "Buzzwords" and popular words/phrases you'd rather not see in critical discourse

lpf - Dec 12, 2014

16 by LuckyKrystal »»
Jan 12, 2016 12:33 AM

Sticky: » Spring 2015: General Discussion

mosaic_ - Mar 20, 2015

15 by danz »»
Jun 23, 2015 6:44 AM

» Topic: What really defines "pandering"?

mosaic_ - Apr 13, 2015

3 by removed-user »»
Jun 21, 2015 5:48 AM

Sticky: » Nominations

mosaic_ - May 8, 2015

1 by xm0123 »»
May 21, 2015 1:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.