Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 22, 2014 3:29 AM
Jul 2018
So, I stumbled across an "interactive teaser" for Silent Hills on YouTube. I've never played a Silent Hill in my life, but this one...

Silent Hills is being worked on (I dunno in what way) by the creator of Metal Gear Solid, and a personal idol of mine, Hideo Kojima. This game also apparently uses the FOX ENGINE, which, as you can see with MGSV, is a damn good looking engine.

My go-to survival horror game series was always Resident Evil, but now I seriously am hyped, and terrified for Silent Hills. What do you guys think? Good or bad? Should Hideo Kojima be doing a survival horror game? Do you like Silent Hill as a series, or a newcomer like me?

I'd like to talk about this, personally. I'm still shakey from the demo I saw, haha.
Aug 22, 2014 3:44 AM

Dec 2008
Silent Hill 2 and 3 are two of my favorite video games but sadly the series went downhill after 4. Fucking Konami and their outsourcing to shit studios.

I'm pretty excited for the new one because Del Torro is a pretty good director and Kojima made one of my favorite series, Metal Gear. I just hope it won't be like the P.T teaser. The atmosphere was awesome, but the cryptic puzzles and jumpscares were bad.
Aug 22, 2014 3:46 AM

Jun 2011
If the PT is any indication, I'd say Silent Hills is in good hands. Kojima and Del Toro seem to understand that atmosphere is paramount in Horror, not cheap scares. The PT only had like 1 or 2 jump scares, enough to make us anxious of every turn but not enough to dull our senses. I also have to give major props to the sound design of the PT. I'd say 80% of the success of the PT is attributed to it.

I played Silent Hill 2 and 3, and I've been always wanting a new Silent Hill to satiate my desire for a good horror game. Needless to say, I'm very hyped for the Silent Hills :).
Aug 22, 2014 3:47 AM

Jul 2008
I enjoy watching the SH gameplays on youtube but I myself can't play them :P I'm terrified of horror games, even a small pinch of horror is enough to keep me away :D
Aug 22, 2014 3:56 AM
Jul 2018
I think Kojima probably wanted some specific outcome with the fans as far as the puzzles go. Look at Phantom Pain. When it was first announced, it was a horror game by Moby Dick Studios.

As soon as it was officially announced as MGS, Kojima dropped the act entirely and showed us what we wanted: Metal Gear.

I think the PT exists for ONE reason Kojima wants US to figure out. He's a total troll, lol.

But hey, maybe MGSV was announced originally as a horror game to prepare us for this? I wouldn't doubt it, with Kojima.
Aug 22, 2014 5:41 PM

Jun 2008
Series hasn't been the same since "Team Silent" stopped developing them. However, P.T. really seems to have potential, so I am hoping this game will at least turn out "decent." Especially since it has a big name behind it.
Aug 22, 2014 5:44 PM

Dec 2012
Ah, I saw the teaser from pewds two nights ago (didn't sleep well), it was amazing. I can't wait for the game!
Aug 22, 2014 5:56 PM
Jul 2018
Would any of you be mad if it was a great horror game, but awful as a Silent Hill game?
Aug 22, 2014 5:58 PM

Sep 2011
After seeing psycho mantis, all of the final moments of MGS 2, the sorrow, and any of the beauty sequences in MGS4 if you wait around a bit I have been convinced that kojima can do horror, I can already tell this game is going to attempt and mess with our perception of reality which is probably the scariest thing that anything can do, i remmember del toro said he wanted to do that with his now on hiatus horror game from a few years ago and now that hes teamed up with a guy who has successfully done that already I can only get excited terrified of what is coming.

Also P.T. has some really freaky moments

Ambient_ said:
The PT only had like 1 or 2 jump scares, enough to make us anxious of every turn but not enough to dull our senses.
I also think they were fantastic jump scares, especially the turn around one, its because it gives you that second of recognition instead of abruptly happening, with the turn around bit you willingly followed its orders so when it actually happens you are thrown off guard. its jump scares done correctly.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 22, 2014 9:23 PM

Mar 2013
At least the Japanese team are working on this title. The last couple of Silent hill included spin-off were made by Western and the scare factor are weak.
Aug 22, 2014 9:32 PM

Aug 2014
I played the PT. It was a terrifying experience. :(
The game is awesome though. Since it's Kojima, I expect GREAT things.

Xway101 ~By me~
Aug 22, 2014 10:00 PM

Feb 2014
Norman Reedus is in it as well, which is pretty cool

More topics from this board

» Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door censors catcalling!?

rohan121 - Apr 28

35 by FanofAction »»
28 minutes ago

» My computer auto turn off due to overheating when playing game, is there a way to reduce the overheating non-physically?

aLotQuestion_ - May 1

12 by Coaghim »»
1 hour ago

» Tsukihime remake will not have adult content rating!? What do you think?

rohan121 - Yesterday

4 by Lucifrost »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Esg redesign for pokemon go before and after

rohan121 - Mar 30

5 by WaffleMaster89 »»
Today, 1:45 AM

» Are We Headed For Another Video Game Crash?

Retro8bit - Mar 15

23 by WaffleMaster89 »»
Today, 1:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.