Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 21, 2014 11:36 PM

Jun 2014
Im an avid action/adventure anime watchter but for some reason these last couple months ive been indulged in SOL/ROM/Rom-Com animes. It started out good with very good romances i loved but. This has got to be the 5th anime in a row now that ive watch recently where the supposed to be couple dont end up together in the end and/or dont get anywhere in the relationship. IM TIRED OF ALL THIS BULLSHIT. JUST WHEN I THINK "HEY!!! THEY'RE GOING TO KISS NOW FUCK YEA". Nope....They just smile at each other and the anime ends. Pls.Pls.Pls. Help.
-Something off my PTW is cool too
-No harem/horror
-I hate ecchi but if thats what it takes to get some good romance then im just going to have to live with it.
-No pussy guys with constant nosebleeds pls.
-TY
tankker5Aug 21, 2014 11:54 PM
Aug 21, 2014 11:43 PM

Jun 2014
tankker5 said:
IM TIRED OF ALL THIS BULLSHIT. JUST WHEN I THINK "HEY!!! THEY'RE GOING TO KISS NOW FUCK YEA". Nope....They just smile at each other and the anime ends. Pls.Pls.Pls. Help.
-No harem/horror

So.... no Higurashi?

Theres always this
http://myanimelist.net/anime/1195/Zero_no_Tsukaima

Hammer through all 48 episodes. You'll get what you want
Aug 22, 2014 12:10 AM

Jul 2013
Yes every romance anime I have seen either the love interest die and the other person his to live miserably or they are both alive and still none of them confess.
It's true sad reality but what I like about them Is the moments that happens In between.

If you want some cheesy ending go watch notebook
Aug 22, 2014 12:15 AM
Jul 2014
Watch Clannad already, for Christ's sake
Aug 22, 2014 12:35 AM

Feb 2009
thekittennX3 said:
Yes every romance anime I have seen either the love interest die and the other person his to live miserably or they are both alive and still none of them confess.
It's true sad reality but what I like about them Is the moments that happens In between.

could you tell me what to avoid then. I like some of these romcom's i've been watching lately, but i haven't actually finished one, b/c it starts to get serious in the later episodes, and i just turn it off.
Aug 22, 2014 12:38 AM

Jun 2014
Marthgun said:
thekittennX3 said:

could you tell me what to avoid then. I like some of these romcom's i've been watching lately, but i haven't actually finished one, b/c it starts to get serious in the later episodes, and i just turn it off.

u gotta just power thru
Aug 22, 2014 12:57 AM

Apr 2014
Btooom! is the real romance with some real kiss.
Aug 22, 2014 1:13 AM

Jun 2014
tr1ckst3r said:
Btooom! is the real romance with some real kiss.

seen it. loved it
Aug 22, 2014 1:22 AM

May 2014
Try Lovely Complex, it's funny and cute same goes with Bokura ga Ita, but Bokura ga Ita has less comedy and more on drama.

Sukitte Ii nayo.
I heard that Skip Beat! is good.
You gotta watch Fruits Basket it's really really good.
Ao Haru Ride is cute,too.

You could check my list, I love romance but I'm really focused on action now.
Aug 22, 2014 1:31 AM

Dec 2013
I believe Ao Haru ride is very very decent for an anime or manga romance. Though the first season will have only 12 episodes and manga is long and the most fun happens later in it, so I don't expect much from anime.

You can try Kaichou wa Maid-sama, the ending is what you are looking for, but only if you don't punch and break your computer screen cause some things there are rage inducing.
Aug 22, 2014 2:27 AM
Mar 2013
Amagami SS, Amagami SS+
Chobits
CG, believe it or not
devil survivor 2
Dragon Crisis
Hanasaku Iroha
Ichigo 100% (though I'd recommend the manga)
Inuyasha
Macross, Macross Zero, Macross Frontier: Sayonara no Tsubasa (the TV series did not have a conclusive ending)
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
S&W 2 (Go.Watch.Now.)
Redline (awesome movie)
Seikai no Monshou, Seikai no Senki + sequels (one of my favorites)
Seto no Hanayome
Sola

Note, I am not saying I recommend all those anime, just that they fit your criteria (as far as I can recall).
Don't you think "Oh, not again" when you hear an anime start with cicadas?
Aug 22, 2014 2:31 AM

Mar 2013
You should start watching serious anime
Serial Experiments Lain
Texhnolyze
Boogiepop Phantom
Ghost Hound
Kemonozume
Narutaru Bokurano (may seem childish....but...)
Now and then
Aug 22, 2014 2:51 AM

Nov 2009
Want a romance where shit happens? Read manga . . . I know that is an extremely half-assed answer but in anime kissing is like ZOMG . . . In manga (especially shoujo/josei) that (or more) can happen by chapter one. (I love romances where they get together earlier on and it goes from there as opposed to it being all about the chase which rules out a lot of shonen/seinen)

But other than that you could always try:

- Aishiteruze Baby★★ (Shoujo, Main character is a male, if that matters at all to you, know that a female MC is a hang-up for some who dislike shoujo, anyways this definitely doesn't end right at the end, however two possible issues, 1) This starts off as a child rearing anime, so the first half is more slice of life with the second half being more of a romance, however having said that I actually like this anime more for the child rearing part more, was definitely well done and 2) probably the major issue, the art. This was done with an extremely low budget so . . . It's bad by any standards. Perhaps read the manga)

- Nodame Cantabile (Josei, This is probably my favorite romance anime, the female MC is one of my favorite characters of all times. This series again starts off very slow as far as romance goes, and in fact doesn't really kick off until the end of season 1, however it is also just a very funny series (in my opinion) so enjoyable to watch for more than just the romance. Also I should point out it is tagged as drama . . . Not sure why though as this has less drama than series like Naruto or One Piece.)

- Onegai☆Teacher (Seinen, Well . . . The set-up for this one, or rather the pairing, is something very uncommon, that is an older female (a teacher no less) and a student male MC. Anyways, I don't rate this series as highly as the previous two however it definitely does contain a complete romance that doesn't have some kind of "confirmation" at the very end)

- Planetes (Seinen, I kind of stuck this on since it is a seinen romance I rated slightly higher however at the same time, I should warn you that while the romance doesn't happen at the very end . . . It still kind of gives off that annoying "what the @#$%" feeling if I recall correctly (may be misremembering), either way a pretty good series)

If you are interested in looking into romance manga (since there are quite a few more, and I will point out that if you were to ask me my top 10 romances, not one of them would be anime) feel free to message me or comment on my page and I'll point some out to you (although make sure you list what you do/don't want (like is a certain demographic not okay? Completed/incomplete? etc.)

Otherwise if you can cope with old anime, and are looking for something that isn't a romance (as a break from it or whatever, since getting into a rut on just one genre is bleh) you should check out Legend of the Galactic Heroes, definitely the best anime I have ever seen, it is long but it sure as heck won't feel long once you get drawn in to it. By far it has the most solid plot I have ever encountered.

P.S. Sorry for assuming you may have a beef w/ old anime / shoujo / etc., just something that a lot of people do, so kind of just throw it up as a flag if you do.
Pirating_NinjaAug 22, 2014 2:56 AM
Aug 22, 2014 2:56 AM

Nov 2011
You can give Hana to Akuma manga a try.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Aug 22, 2014 9:51 AM

May 2012
Pirating_Ninja said:
Also I should point out it is tagged as drama . . . Not sure why though as this has less drama than series like Naruto or One Piece.)

Most of the drama in Nodame concerns the tensions of performing in concert. The arc near the end of season one where Nodame is preparing for a piano competition has a lot of dramatic moments.
Aug 22, 2014 3:47 PM

May 2014
You can always spoil the ending before you watch an ecchi harem anime, this has saved le atleast 48 hours of my life.

Now on to the reccomendations:
Golden time (on your PTW already.)
Finish of from where you dropped sakamichi no apollon.
Amagami SS.

I agree with the post above though. The anime you want doesn't really exist or you've already seen it... So go ahead and read a ton of shoujo manga.
Aug 22, 2014 3:59 PM

Apr 2014
SupreSam said:
Watch Clannad already, for Christ's sake

We Clannad fanboys apologize to the community for these occasional outbursts.

PS: +1 for Clannad

Aug 22, 2014 4:01 PM

Mar 2013
Redline - orgasmic animation with some nice action and some sweet romance all blended together

B gata h kei (some ecchi but the dude actually closes the deal at the end)

Yosuga no Sora (has some nudity in it, but the guy isn't a little wuss whos afraid of girls)
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Aug 22, 2014 4:02 PM

Sep 2012
Why did you drop Bokura ga Ita?
Aug 22, 2014 4:24 PM

Jun 2014
Red_Keys said:
Why did you drop Bokura ga Ita?

couldnt stand the art

More topics from this board

» Any sort of smut where someone isn't innocent to the degree of not seeming human?

isseixkoneko - 1 hour ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
24 minutes ago

» can you recommend me an anime i havent watched?

berkcan4you - Yesterday

8 by Eleben »»
5 hours ago

» Anime/ Manga to binge

theD00mGuy - May 1

5 by Eleben »»
5 hours ago

» need some loli Hmanga recommendations

Introvert_ShutIN - Yesterday

2 by MadanielFL »»
6 hours ago

» Any anime/manga with birds as the main focus?

doomteensy - Yesterday

4 by Lucifrost »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.