Forum Settings
Forums

J-ROCK J-POP discussion, your favourite bands.

New
Aug 15, 2014 2:46 AM
Jul 2018
As many of us should be aware, it's not so hard to get caught up in the Japanese side of the music industry. Do you listen to them pretty often? If yes, does they make you feel certain emotions? For example, when I listen to Asian Kung-fu Generation, most of my worries are gone, Nano.ripe always brings a smile. What are your thoughts?
Aug 15, 2014 2:49 AM
Dec 2013
Don't know who nano.ripe is but Nano is the best and a fucking goddess

i listen to her all morning | evening | shower | night

i picture her as a cute and hot asian tomboy

shes hot

real hot

real talk
Aug 15, 2014 2:49 AM

Mar 2012
Apart from Baby Metal, I don't really follow any j-pop or j-rock bands. I do listen to anime op/ed occasionally though. That and I used to listen to dir en grey a bit.
Aug 15, 2014 2:52 AM
Jul 2018
ScazoN said:
Don't know who nano.ripe is but Nano is the best and a fucking goddess

i listen to her all morning | evening | shower | night

i picture her as a cute and hot asian tomboy

shes hot

real hot

real talk

I completely agree, Nano's voice is amazing, I don't really understand why she keeps hiding her face however. My favourite song of hers is probrably...
Aug 15, 2014 2:55 AM
Dec 2013
kurosaki344 said:
[yt]2eGazzxcp3I[/ yt]
my nigga! yeah that was the first song i heard from her, still gives me chills

this is my playlist of my favorite songs from her
https://soundcloud.com/scazon/sets/scaz
Aug 15, 2014 2:56 AM

Sep 2013
ONE OK ROCK although my username is asiankungfu ehh.. whateva.

I like nano.ripe too. I liked the ed of hataraku maou-sama, bakuman and glasslip.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Aug 15, 2014 3:01 AM
Jul 2018
ScazoN said:
kurosaki344 said:
[yt]2eGazzxcp3I[/ yt]
my nigga! yeah that was the first song i heard from her, still gives me chills

this is my playlist of my favorite songs from her
https://soundcloud.com/scazon/sets/scaz

A nice playlist, omoide kakera is also one of my faves.
AsianKungFu said:
ONE OK ROCK although my username is asiankungfu ehh.. whateva.

I like nano.ripe too. I liked the ed of hataraku maou-sama, bakuman and glasslip.

I think I have all the albums of One Ok Rock, all time favourite of them is
Aug 15, 2014 3:05 AM
Apr 2013
kurosaki344 said:
Do you listen to them pretty often? If yes, does they make you feel certain emotions?

Yes but I just like music in general although Japanese music including OSTs are big part of it. I even have an entire folder stored in my computer dedicated solely for Japanese music.

Regarding favourites, nope, don't have any but Nakajima Megumi is very close to being one.
Aug 15, 2014 3:10 AM
May 2013
I don't actively follow Japanese music or listen to it as much as I did in high school, but I still have bands and artists I like.

Do As Infinity, Dir en grey, BESPA KUMAMERO, Ai Otsuka, Macdonald Duck Eclair, and piana are the ones I listen to most often. Aural Vampire, YMCK, Kanon Wakeshima, SOULHEAD, and to a somewhat lesser extent, Koda Kumi and Ayumi Hamasaki, are other ones I dig as well.
Aug 15, 2014 3:23 AM
Jul 2018
ayuxx said:
I don't actively follow Japanese music or listen to it as much as I did in high school, but I still have bands and artists I like.

Do As Infinity, Dir en grey, BESPA KUMAMERO, Ai Otsuka, Macdonald Duck Eclair, and piana are the ones I listen to most often. Aural Vampire, YMCK, Kanon Wakeshima, SOULHEAD, and to a somewhat lesser extent, Koda Kumi and Ayumi Hamasaki, are other ones I dig as well.

I don't think I have ever heard any of those bands/singers, any song that you recommend from one of the above?
worldeditor11 said:

Regarding favourites, nope, don't have any but Nakajima Megumi is very close to being one.

Too bad she took a break to focus on voice acting.
Aug 15, 2014 3:41 AM
May 2013
I'll do a couple of them or so.

Do As Infinity is my favorite of all the ones I mentioned. Tangerine Dream and Snail are my two favorite songs from them. They're most known for Fukai Mori and Shinjitsu no Uta, which were both ending themes for Inuyasha. They have ten normal studio albums, so there's a lot of music to go through.

BESPA KUMAMERO
R.R.D(Retro Radio Disco) and Air

Macdonald Duck Eclair
Tip Tap Mac

piana
In Silence and Snowflakes
Aug 15, 2014 5:51 AM

Sep 2013
The only J-Rock that i follow are One Ok Rock and UverWorld
Aug 15, 2014 6:18 AM

Oct 2013
YES I DO!!! I cant get enough.

My fav group is A Flood Of Circle

other faves are One OK Rock, Back-On, Nano, nano.RiPE, Asian Kung-Fu Generation,SCANDAL

im startin to get into Hello Sleepwalkers, Supercell and Ling Tosite Sigure. There music is very different n some part of me hates em but loves em at the same time lol its weird but Im slowly likin there music.

some J-Pop i listen to is

Rie fu, Tsuji Shion (she's hot btw), Home Made Kazoku (tho there more Hip-Hop than Pop)

I only heard one song but Annabel is real good. Above Your Hand is some song man.

Same goes for SID. That track they made called Uso is so fkn AMAZING!!

theres others but I cant quite remember.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Aug 15, 2014 6:39 AM
Jul 2018
ayuxx said:
I'll do a couple of them or so.

Do As Infinity is my favorite of all the ones I mentioned. Tangerine Dream and Snail are my two favorite songs from them. They're most known for Fukai Mori and Shinjitsu no Uta, which were both ending themes for Inuyasha. They have ten normal studio albums, so there's a lot of music to go through.

BESPA KUMAMERO
R.R.D(Retro Radio Disco) and Air

Macdonald Duck Eclair
Tip Tap Mac

piana
In Silence and Snowflakes

Thanks for the sharing Snail was nice.
daAmazinFatB0y said:
YES I DO!!! I cant get enough.

My fav group is A Flood Of Circle

other faves are One OK Rock, Back-On, Nano, nano.RiPE, Asian Kung-Fu Generation,SCANDAL

im startin to get into Hello Sleepwalkers, Supercell and Ling Tosite Sigure. There music is very different n some part of me hates em but loves em at the same time lol its weird but Im slowly likin there music.

some J-Pop i listen to is

Rie fu, Tsuji Shion (she's hot btw), Home Made Kazoku (tho there more Hip-Hop than Pop)

I only heard one song but Annabel is real good. Above Your Hand is some song man.

Same goes for SID. That track they made called Uso is so fkn AMAZING!!

theres others but I cant quite remember.

Our taste is pretty much the same, I agree on Uso being awesome. Also from Hello Sleepwalkers
A really nice song.
Aug 15, 2014 8:04 AM

Mar 2014
i listen to quite some japanese bands, but pretty much none of them are even close to anime related.
only ones i like that i know through anime are Yousei Teikoku and Ling Tosite Sigure, and dont listen to them that much besides openings and endings t hey did and stuff on youtube. all others dont fit under the J-Rock category anyway.

i really like Corrupted, they are my favorite band from japan. also have albums from Abigail, Sabbat, X Japan, Sete Star Sept and Gallhammer.
and would like to get some albums from Metalucifer, Hellen (way to expencive), GISM, Gauze, Crow, Loudness, Boris, Anthem, Barbatos and some others.
but those aren't really priorities.
gizter13Aug 15, 2014 8:12 AM
M.P.D.S./F.O.A.D.
Aug 15, 2014 8:19 AM

Sep 2013
UVERworld (couldn't find a better video... idgaf about Naruto)

Laruku

I feel kind of disappointed when I discover my favorite songs are anime openings tho :|
I also started liking TM Revolution and Hello Sleepwalker.
Aug 15, 2014 2:36 PM
Aug 2012
Gonna try to keep it non-anime related people...

J-ROCK

- Dragon Ash

- ONE OK ROCK

J-POP

- Daichi Miura

- Daesung (K-Pop singer but his solo work is Japanese)
Aug 15, 2014 3:37 PM

Mar 2014
Kirie_Himuro said:

Gizter mentioned some bands I like (Abigail, Sabbat, GISM, Boris for example). It's mostly metal, psychedelic rock, electro, harsh noise and punk for the most part that make up the Japanese music I enjoy though. It's kind of all over the place.

do you like Maruosa? great stuf. when i saw him live ge managed to get half the venue empty within 5 minutes. all the previous acts where all a bit softer kind of breakcore so i gues people didn't expect it.
M.P.D.S./F.O.A.D.
Aug 16, 2014 8:01 AM

Mar 2014
I really like LiSA, I listen to her a lot, also supercell, I listen to others like Eir Aoi, Minami Kuribayashi, I've been listening to Nano lately, and Nana Mizuki too, but not in the same proportion. I also listen to a lot of Openings and Endings, and some OST's but I won't count that
Aug 17, 2014 2:42 AM

Mar 2014
I listen to Japanese music much much more than English music, because I feel English music is going downside nowadays...

My all time / most favorite Japanese bands are X Japan (visual kei/metal) and L'Arc-en-Ciel (JRock)

Other Japanese rock/ metal musicians I like: Miyavi, Sid, Versailles, Vamps, Asian Kung-Fu, Tsuyoshi Nagabuchi, Gackt, UVERWorld

Japanese pop singers I love: Shiina Ringo (my favorite jpop singer!), Angela Aki, Mika Nakashima, Nano, Hikaru Utada, Origa (though she's russian), Tokyo Jihen, Kyu Sakamoto, Rie Fu, Rimi Natsukawa, Chitose Hajime.
Aug 17, 2014 3:53 AM

Aug 2014
I listen to a lot of Japanese music in addition to anime and game soundtracks. Here are some unique and creative artists I like, along with an example video for each. I made sure to pick only folks who have been active (new release / concerts) within 2014.

BABYMETAL
Song: Megitsune

Shoko Nakagawa
Song: 9lives

Wagakki Band
Song: Senbonzakura

Kanon Wakeshima
Song: Lolitawork Libretto ~storytelling by solita~
CasperBat
Aug 18, 2014 5:43 AM

Apr 2014
Most of them came from Anime, so idk if they considered J-POP??
Babymetal was one of the band I know/listen to lately. They have some weird song, and some nice song.
Aug 18, 2014 9:57 AM

Jun 2009

I dunno why but I love the vocals.
Aug 18, 2014 11:20 AM

Aug 2013
My favourite are Sukima Switch, Spyair, UVERworld, Rookiez is Punkd and i also like some songs from Coldrain
Aug 21, 2014 6:56 AM

Aug 2008
I listen to a lot of Japanese music, and it would difficult to post so many (If people are interested, I'm happy to give recommendations and such. I enjoy sharing music, and I the Japanese indie music scene very well. I can probably do some lyric translations as well). I've gone to a lot of concerts in Japan recently, so I'll post a few bands I saw at the Rock in Japan Festival this year (the biggest music festival in Japan). There is a pretty good variety of bands at Rock in Japan, so give it a listen:

Kyuuso Nekokami

Gesu no Kiwami Otome

Oomori Seiko

Hitorie

Dempa Gumi.inc

The Mirraz

Polysics

Androp

Trapalicious said:

I dunno why but I love the vocals.

I'm happy to see someone posting Shinsei Kamattechan. They're definitely one of my favorite bands. I can't wait for their new album to come out. I just barely missed seeing them live twice. I really want to see them perform.
私のホバークラフトは鰻でいっぱいです
Aug 21, 2014 8:35 AM

Aug 2014
J-Pop: fripSide

J-Rock: The Alfee

MechaKiryuAug 21, 2014 8:47 AM
Aug 21, 2014 8:35 AM

Dec 2013
Yes, I listen to Ganglion. But that's all I guess, I listen to many more j-metal bands.
AizixAug 21, 2014 8:41 AM
Sep 20, 2014 12:13 PM

Jun 2013
My ultimate favourite for years is the GazettE. The others I listen to are Girugamesh, Exist Trace, ONE OK ROCK, Miyavi....there are a bunch.
I like Kyary Pamyu Pamyu too haha!

Man with a Mission is a band I've recently been getting into. Those wolf masks they wear are cool too. I recommend you all give them a listen.
Sep 21, 2014 8:11 PM
Jul 2014
I'll come back and add more videos later, but I listen to some songs by:
SPYAIR

ONE OK ROCK

ELLEGARDEN

LM.C

Last Alliance

GOING UNDERGROUND

NICO touches the walls

Scandal

Flow, The Pillows, and a few other bands as well.
WanderingWispSep 22, 2014 2:14 PM
Sep 21, 2014 9:06 PM

Aug 2014
I listen exclusively to J-rock/J-pop, especially songs by Galileo Galilei, Aimer and One Ok Rock @@
Sep 21, 2014 9:32 PM

Apr 2009
it may just be me, but ONE OK ROCK isn/t really good at all lmao

i like;

andymori, the mirraz, fujifabric, orange range, kyary pamyu pamyu

also; if it counts..i like girls generations japanese songs
Sep 22, 2014 6:02 PM

Dec 2009
I don't listen to much of the newer stuff, but I love 80s J-pop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV8FAHyWnzg
Sep 22, 2014 6:33 PM

Nov 2012
Very recently got into Scandal. I usually listen to metal like Slipknot or classic pop like Frank Sinatra so it's a nice change of pace for me. Favourite songs by them at the moment are Shunkan Sentimental and Awanai Tsumori no, Genki de ne.

Also love listening to some of the Bleach openings and endings like Ichirin no Hana by High and Mighty Colour. For me it's usually just a song or two that I like by J-Pop bands.
Sep 27, 2014 10:42 AM
Sep 2014
You should check out Abingdon boys school. I really like their music. They have great guitar and backing while the lead singers voice is just amazing.
Sep 29, 2014 11:16 AM
Jul 2012
My favorite band is One Ok rock <3
And I really like Abingdon boys school, Uverworld and Uplift spice !
Sep 29, 2014 1:10 PM
Jul 2018
Yura Yura Teikoku are probably my favorite Japanese band.

^+^^Great to listen to whilst going on a walk at night.

Best music video ever

This one has a holiday feel

I love Babymetal, Masayoshi Yamazaki and Puffy AmiYumi too. But I haven't heard of many other Japanese bands. If any one could point out similar bands that'd be most appreciated.

Forgot to mention this, such a catchy song.

Also forgot to mention GIRLS' GENERATION. I know they're Korean but the Japanese version of Oh! is so good.
removed-userSep 29, 2014 1:18 PM
Sep 30, 2014 11:39 PM

Mar 2014
kurosaki344 said:
Do you listen to them pretty often? If yes, does they make you feel certain emotions?

I listen to japanese music more than English music nowadays. Japanese rock and metal, I feel, still hold the genuineness of emotions that has been lost in english music for quite a while now.
I'm a huge, huge fan of the japanese metal band, X Japan, and Jrock band, L'Arc en Ciel...

X Japan: Some of my favorite songs:

And, this: Epicness. X Japan's Magnum Opus:

Akashkun_otakuSep 30, 2014 11:44 PM
Oct 1, 2014 11:07 AM

Mar 2012
Might not be exactly what other people are posting in this thread because most of the rock music from Japan I've heard I didn't like at all

Oct 1, 2014 11:23 AM
Mar 2011
one og my fave bands is very hard to find video for lindberg and pop rock band forn midlate 80s - late 90's im also a huge fans ofr the GS bands lyje the tigers a the spiders and alike

and evne more so the fave harder muisc actcs are alot impossible ti find a vidoe for band like Der Wassar and mutina and key party bands and punk bands like slupihric acid and early era Visual kei bands too
DateYutakaOct 1, 2014 11:28 AM
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7587 by SilentAssassin88 »»
1 hour ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3387 by SilentAssassin88 »»
1 hour ago

» This is one the most gay music vids i have seen^^

tsukareru - 4 hours ago

0 by tsukareru »»
4 hours ago

» BEST WEEZER SONG???

removed-user - Jan 29

5 by Eternal_Rest »»
6 hours ago

» What sort of songs do you listen to ? ( 1 2 )

scarydragon - Aug 1, 2023

52 by Eternal_Rest »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.