Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 29, 2014 8:26 PM

Nov 2011
Hello everyone, just wanna show my water color painting that i just finished yesterday. I've had to admit that water color painting was my weakest point, since i really prefer sketching. But i'm practicing hard to make it more realistic. I usually paint landscapes and structures so this is my first attempt to color a human using water color.

Medium used: Prang Water Color
Board: Berkeley Board

*the concept wasn't original, another artist already created a painting with this theme so to differentiate it, i change the child from boy to a girl and that girl is derived from the mangaka named Pon.

I accept any opinions but not harsh and foul words that wouldn't help me improve at all. Thank you very much! <3
[right]
B Y ☆ H A N R E - I C H I H A R A ☆
Jul 30, 2014 4:16 AM

Jan 2014
It looks really amazing!
coloring looks nice and smooth, i like it :)
but i would suggest trying to put more colors, how should i say this :/ for example try using purpule (or green because your drawing has alot of green) as shadows and mix it with skin color or hair, or clothing, if you know what i mean, but this really looks awesome.
People say that more colors gives more life to the drawing, thats something i learned recently, because i have big problems with coloring, i can't get colors right.... :(
Jul 31, 2014 12:59 AM

Dec 2013
I didnt see the painting:/ Anyway painting is my weakness too especially drawing Avenue or landscapes.
Jul 31, 2014 3:26 AM

Jan 2014
So gorgeous! Those lips are so pretty, you just want to kiss her (>//.//<)
The writer who penned Clashing Feelings. You can buy the light novel on Amazon.
Jul 31, 2014 8:42 PM
Aug 2009
I like it a lot. I love how it is both realistic and whimsical. I'm not much of an art critic, but IMO, if the grass that the person is on was a different shade from the moss on the head, it would help make the moss stand out more.
Jul 31, 2014 8:44 PM

Mar 2014
Shading is great and it looks really nice. The body looks a bid awkward/wide, but still good!
"Fuck this shit, fun things are fun!"
Jul 31, 2014 11:35 PM

Nov 2011
hello everyone. first of all i would like to thank each of you for your time reviewing my work :D yeah i'm kinda having problems with mixing and producing shadows so thank you each for the advice and compliment. hihi <3 Godspeed!
[right]
B Y ☆ H A N R E - I C H I H A R A ☆
Aug 1, 2014 2:41 AM

Nov 2013
Do more do more! its really amazing and well painted.
Aug 1, 2014 2:46 AM
May 2014
Don't like it. It looks like a child draw it. But I guess it's just not my kind of what I consider good art. Keep it up or don't.
Aug 1, 2014 4:15 AM
Jul 2018
Not bad.
Need to work on the arms! And I completely disagree with Bloodania, since I can't paint like that :P
Aug 1, 2014 7:08 AM

Mar 2009
I would try bringing the glow of the skin to the green and the shirt, have some more form shadow especially on the torso, and adjust the angle of the arm and hand. Bring some green from the grass to the torso too!

Bloodania said:
Don't like it. It looks like a child draw it. But I guess it's just not my kind of what I consider good art. Keep it up or don't.

Hey, what the fuck's your problem?
Aug 1, 2014 7:11 AM
May 2014
Keilis said:
I would try bringing the glow of the skin to the green and the shirt, have some more form shadow especially on the torso, and adjust the angle of the arm and hand. Bring some green from the grass to the torso too!

Bloodania said:

Hey, what the fuck's your problem?

Nothing, yours?
Aug 1, 2014 7:17 AM
May 2009
Looks awesome, I love her head.

Bloodania said:
Made me curious how good your drawing is.
ありがとう♪
ここだけ アニメとマンガアップデート
Aug 1, 2014 7:34 AM

Mar 2009
@Bloodania: If you've got nothing constructive to say, don't say it. Comments like yours are easy to give and easy to dishearten growing artists. You were nothing but hurtful, and if you think it made you look like a badass, it didn't. Grow up.
Aug 1, 2014 8:07 AM
May 2014
Keilis said:
@Bloodania: If you've got nothing constructive to say, don't say it. Comments like yours are easy to give and easy to dishearten growing artists. You were nothing but hurtful, and if you think it made you look like a badass, it didn't. Grow up.

She didn't say constructive criticism, just criticism in general.
Aug 1, 2014 8:13 AM
Jul 2018
I love it, really have nothing to say other than it's awesome! :)
Aug 1, 2014 8:43 AM

May 2014
Don't like it unfortunately.
The arms look glued to the body which resembles a potato in stockings and the right arm doesn't even look human.
The grass and face are ok but the background seems out of place as I feel it should show the sky or something.
Just some honest criticism.
I've been here way too long...
Aug 1, 2014 8:44 AM
May 2014
TheConquerer said:
Don't like it unfortunately.
The arms look glued to the body which resembles a potato in stockings and the right arm doesn't even look human.
The grass and face are ok but the background seems alright even though I feel it should show the sky or something.
Just some honest criticism.

Thank you for preaching the truth!

More topics from this board

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

362 by nin-tendo »»
8 hours ago

» Protect or punish?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

4 by DollzchanAi »»
Today, 6:15 AM

» BL reference in Tomodachi Life

Kinspie13 - Yesterday

4 by Kinspie13 »»
Yesterday, 9:41 PM

» How to Export/Backup Your Anime List Automatically! (TamperMonkey Script)

hacker09 - May 18, 2020

3 by Vapor_AU »»
Yesterday, 8:41 PM

» advice for someone returning to art

Crystepsi - Apr 4

5 by haaku-san »»
Yesterday, 4:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.