Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 28, 2014 6:55 PM
Jan 2014
1. Does misato love Shinji or is it like a hint romantic scene or something?

2.Is it gonna be romance between Rei and Shinji or just Asuka ._.

no huge spoiler only minor please if going to debt.
Jul 28, 2014 7:12 PM

Oct 2013
Pretty sure this is in the wrong section of the forum but ohh well

I will answer your question and will assume you are talking about the original series (tough luck if not because I haven't seen the rebuilds).

1. Yes she does but it doesn't go anywhere
2. Its hinted at there there might be something between them but nothing is ever really built upon.

Truth be told, no one really gets any proper romantic development as romance takes a back seat in this anime. The directors cut of episodes 21-24 have more explanations of how people feel in terms of romance but its still pretty underwhelming.

And lets not even talk about how Shinji shows his affection in the first 5 minutes of End of Evangelion (you'll know what I mean when you get there).
People die if they are killed but that's no reason to pleasure yourself with a fish
Jul 28, 2014 7:21 PM
Jan 2014
birdwithoutaword said:

I will answer your question and will assume you are talking about the original series (tough luck if not because I haven't seen the rebuilds).

2. Its hinted at there there might be something between them but nothing is ever really built upon.

Truth be told, no one really gets any proper romantic development as romance takes a back seat in this anime. The directors cut of episodes 21-24 have more explanations of how people feel in terms of romance but its still pretty underwhelming.

And lets not even talk about how Shinji shows his affection in the first 5 minutes of End of Evangelion (you'll know what I mean when you get there).
ok, thanks for the answer, I have another qustion tho i heard that Misato gets her ex boyfriend back and is that true or its never happening that misato or kaji has any romantic feelings left for each other or is it just one sided?
Jul 28, 2014 8:25 PM
May 2014
I don't think there are definitive answers to your questions. The anime is deliberately vague on the character relationships, which are open to interpretation. The fact that there are so many different versions of the story doesn't help.
Jul 28, 2014 8:40 PM

Jun 2011
I would say not to worry about the ships. <3
The anime community in a nutshell.
Jul 29, 2014 6:48 AM

Apr 2010
Thread moved

Thread moved to Neon Genesis Evangelion board.
Jul 29, 2014 6:57 PM

Oct 2013
blastyblasty said:
birdwithoutaword said:

ok, thanks for the answer, I have another qustion tho i heard that Misato gets her ex boyfriend back and is that true or its never happening that misato or kaji has any romantic feelings left for each other or is it just one sided?

Have you seen parts of this anime before? You say you want to avoid spoilers but you know stuff from quite far into the anime.

As for her and Kaji, yes they do get back together at one point and seem to genuinely have feelings for one another and saying anymore than that is major spoilers.

Honestly take Jounichi's advise and forget about the ships, it only really matters all that much in End of Evangelion and even then its up for debate how important the romance is (I personally argue its very important to the movie).
People die if they are killed but that's no reason to pleasure yourself with a fish
Aug 2, 2014 9:32 AM

Jul 2014
Misato is not romantically drawn to Shinji, it is just sexual attraction. The reason for this is because of Misato having a sort of father complex (this is why she dates guys like Kaji, who remind her of her father). This could also be the case with Shinji due to his withdrawn nature or the possibility of him becoming like his own father, cold and distant
Take care of yourself

Sep 18, 2014 12:31 AM

Jun 2014
razortongue said:
Misato is not romantically drawn to Shinji, it is just sexual attraction. The reason for this is because of Misato having a sort of father complex (this is why she dates guys like Kaji, who remind her of her father). This could also be the case with Shinji due to his withdrawn nature or the possibility of him becoming like his own father, cold and distant

Wow. I thought that Misato loved Shinji and was drawn to him, no sexually, but because she is lonely and seeks companionship, and she sees that Shinji is lonely too. I also thought that because Misato was attracted to her father figures (her dad and Kaji), she assumed that Shinji would be attracted to his mother-figures, which at the time is her.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Voltlighter - Nov 29, 2007

188 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Yesterday, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Voltlighter - Dec 10, 2007

152 by sailorneptunelvr »»
Yesterday, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Voltlighter - Dec 10, 2007

214 by sailorneptunelvr »»
Yesterday, 2:59 AM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Voltlighter - Dec 9, 2007

175 by bronzeagesungod »»
May 7, 3:24 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

CitizenGeek - Mar 27, 2008

167 by bronzeagesungod »»
May 6, 5:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.