Forum Settings
Forums

The wii u and the fact that Nintendo has never had the powerfull console of gen

New
Jul 26, 2014 3:06 AM
Mar 2011
people bash the wii u saying oh it is a week system and what not but here is somthing that will shock you even when Ninti was US marker leade or in 2nd or in 3rd or they never had the gen powerhouse system in gen 3 they had the 4th most powerfull and won in the US came 2 nd from 5 in japan

every one know the PCE was the power house ststem of that gen hell they had the fully voiced RPG on a console almost 15 years before any body else and aound

the Mark III was much more powerfull and the famicom but lacked 3rd party in both Japan and The US

16 bit gen

PCE was still the most poerfull by far
maga drive was 2nd most powerfull to begin with
Sufami was a distant 3rd in power
but the biigest selling system of the gen was the GBC

32/64 bit
it sold like crap and was Japan only but the PC Fx was the most powerfull if this gen by far hell it even had voices in alot of is longer
the Saturn was the 2nd mowt powerfull but got buried in the US beacuse S O A and there Idiot division head sanders
The PSX stll not provind voices in there RPGs ike the Rom2 add on for the PCE was by 1988 biggest seller of its gen by far
the n64 sold well in the west badly in Japan and was by far the weekest home system of it gen

Gen 6
the GC was the 3rd place system in spte of the fact its was the 2nd most powerful
PS2 2nd bigget system of all time in sales and biggest selling home console of all time 2nd weekest of the gen
Dreamcast 3rd most powefull and failed cuase S O J this time The Saturn was doing fataisc in Japan still active after 6 years and still proudcing good games and they pull the plug on it so Japan Truned here back on the Sega just as they had on NEC the gen before
Xbox Most powerfull of its gen it was the 64 ll over again sales powerd by the west

Last gen
the wii and ds line sold well over 300 million units be ween them and nither of them were in fact the most powerfull system of there markets

PS3 by gen end the most powerfull console was 3rd higest selling behind the WII and DS line

the 360 by gen end 4th place ir the 2nd most powerfull system

"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jul 26, 2014 3:12 AM

Jan 2013
As long as you have casuals, you have money.
Jul 26, 2014 3:29 AM
Nov 2008
nintendo has always been about using tried and true technology to release cheap game boxes with quality software. heck, the wii didn't really push any boundaries - it just introduced the masses to a technology that had been in use for a long time by a niche community.

the idea behind the original gameboy was absolutely genius. the rest of the industry is STILL playing catch-up, with the only real competitors being King.com's mobile games on iOS and Android.
Jul 26, 2014 3:33 AM
Mar 2011
as iv said
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Jul 26, 2014 6:17 AM

Jul 2008
The major problem with the WiiU is the lack of games. With a small amount of 1st party titles and poor support from 3rd party developers, the console just flat out has a poor catalog of games to choose from. I personally bought a WiiU for Mario Kart 8 and I do not regret my decision, but this one of the immediate problems I noticed. I currently own 4 games for my WiiU: Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World, WindWaker HD and New Super Mario/Luigi Bros U. Outside of those games, I honestly can't think of any other 1st party titles I even care to mention.

Now I will mention that there are upcoming titles that will help bolster this small roster of 1st party titles(New Zelda, Hyrule Warriors, Xenoblade Chronicles X, New Smash bros, Bayonetta 2) that the WiiU has, but the lack of 3rd party support is very concerning still. The fact that I own a gaming PC and a WiiU means that I am STILL unable to play Destiny, which is coming out for every other console on the market other than the WiiU. Also, I can't think of a single 3rd party WiiU exclusive even worth mentioning.

All that being said, the WiiU is not a "bad" console. But the lack of software is highly concerning.
Jul 26, 2014 6:50 AM
Jul 2018
One of Bethesda directors said that they don't plan making ports for WiiU because Nintendo pretty much imposed the hardware and didn't ask any developer for opinions, unlike Sony and Microsoft.

So in my understanding, WiiU is a pain the *ss for multi-platform devs.
Jul 26, 2014 7:07 AM
Mar 2011
@boomhawks
the WII U is the case study in how Nintendo has always worked hell in th 32 bit i could have listed the 64 as the 5th most powefull b cause the Geo was 2nd they were dead last in power that gen as the last gen and this gen

@ JCAPER
hell most of the bigger Japanese devs are not backing he Wii U either thay back the DS/3ds the Wii has ok Japanese 3rd party

Jul 26, 2014 7:53 AM

Aug 2012
Nintendo doesn't earn sales with hardware. They earn sales with games that are actually fun to play. Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Legend of Zelda, Pokémon, among others. Those games are legendary masterpieces that will bring fun and happiness to the whole family. Those games do not include stupid DLCs that just want to grab money. Those games are not some random unfinished crap. Those games don't have issues with FPS or bugs/glitches. Those games are professional masterpiece made with just one objective: Bring fun.

Nintendo is a legend. The best game developer company around. No company will ever be able to compete with Nintendo in the handheld market. The Nintendo DS stomps on the PS Vita and spits on it. The Wii U may have way worse hardware than the Playstation 4 and Xbox One, but seriously, Mario Kart 8 and the new Smash Bros for Wii U together will be more fun than ALL the games that the PS4 and the XBONE will ever have.

/thread
Jul 26, 2014 8:09 AM
Jul 2018
@ lupadim

That's really subjective. For example, I would never buy a WiiU over PS4.

And the reason PS Vita failed miserably is simply because it has too much power. Because handheld market is very small compared with the consoles, handheld devs prefer to make low-cost games for that area. And here's the problem: because Vita has too much hardware, games that would fully explore the PSV capabilities are too expensive to make. And because it didn't sold that well outside of Japan, it's just not worth the risk, unlike Nintendo DS since it's more cheaper and has larger market.

This video explains better:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REaUzHef9h4
Jul 26, 2014 8:25 AM

Jan 2011
Nintendo has made and continues to make the most perfect games ever, doesn't mean I'll buy a Wii U until it's cheaper than peanuts.
Jul 26, 2014 8:58 AM

May 2013
lupadim, what exactly is that a chart of? I wanted to say most popular Nintendo characters, but there's no way Chatot or F.L.U.D.D. are in the top 50.
Jul 26, 2014 9:07 AM
Mar 2011
JCAPER said:
@ lupadim

And the reason PS Vita failed miserably is simply because it has too much power. Because handheld market is very small compared with the consoles, handheld devs prefer to make low-cost games for that area. And here's the problem: because Vita has too much hardware, games that would fully explore the PSV capabilities are too expensive to make. And because it didn't sold that well outside of Japan, it's just not worth the risk, unlike Nintendo DS since it's more cheaper and has larger market.

that is wrong the ds line is the biigest selling system of last gen by over 2 times compared to the wii

Jul 26, 2014 9:17 AM

Mar 2014
The Genesis did what Nintendon't, also known as blast processing.

Yet the SNES still was a fierce rival to the Genesis. The good ol' days.
Jul 26, 2014 11:04 AM
Jul 2018
FGAU1912 said:
JCAPER said:
@ lupadim

that is wrong the ds line is the biigest selling system of last gen by over 2 times compared to the wii

What is wrong?
Jul 26, 2014 11:40 AM
Mar 2011
JCAPER said:
FGAU1912 said:

What is wrong?

calling the handheld market small

Jul 26, 2014 11:43 AM

Nov 2008
FGAU1912 said:
JCAPER said:

What is wrong?

The handheld market is dwindling in Japan and West alike due to the predatory platform that are smartphones. The mobile market is filled with money pits, consumers who don't think things through, and corporate tyranny, think of the mobile market as the subprime investments of gaming.

Jul 26, 2014 11:45 AM
Mar 2011
Hoppy said:
FGAU1912 said:

The handheld market is dwindling in Japan and West alike due to the predatory platform that are smartphones. The mobile market is filled with money pits, consumers who don't think things through, and corporate tyranny.

3ds sales say different and ds sales is the biggest selling system in history

Jul 26, 2014 11:51 AM

Nov 2008
FGAU1912 said:
Hoppy said:

The handheld market is dwindling in Japan and West alike due to the predatory platform that are smartphones. The mobile market is filled with money pits, consumers who don't think things through, and corporate tyranny.

Yes, the 3DS is selling well but mobile is cutting into a huge share of the handheld market due to most people having them, mobile being more acceptable (which I call bullshit, that's just classic corporate and mainstream brainwashing) and consumers not thinking things through (they don't realize that the mobile market especially in Japan is filled with obvious money pits only there to take more and more money out of your wallet for intangible items).

Jul 26, 2014 11:54 AM
Mar 2011
Hoppy said:
FGAU1912 said:

Yes, the 3DS is selling well but mobile is cutting into a huge share of the handheld market due to most people having them, mobile being more acceptable (which I call bullshit, that's just classic corporate and mainstream brainwashing) and consumers not thinking things through (they don't realize that the mobile market especially in Japan is filled with obvious money pits only there to take more and more money out of your wallet for intangible items).

have ever played one of then so called money pits

Jul 26, 2014 12:02 PM

Nov 2008
FGAU1912 said:
Hoppy said:

Yep, anything with a gaccha system is almost always a money pit. To be fair some mobile titles in the West have just a small one time fee that's optional for extra cards, items, and such (usually the indie fare) and the West also has full games on mobile.

Jul 26, 2014 12:09 PM

Apr 2012
Wii u sucks dick because they have 0 games and don't give a shit about America.
Jul 26, 2014 12:11 PM

Nov 2008
Rivayne said:

You haven't seen E3 haven't you, the WiiU is getting games for 2015, if you are talking about third party then yes, it has no true 3rd party support.

Jul 26, 2014 12:11 PM

Mar 2014
KAMIN_A said:
Consoles are all weak compared to a gaming pc #PCMASTERRACE

I'm ashamed that the PC Master Retards are on the same preferred platform as me.

None on the consoles care for the power anyways. You buy an XBox One. Your games will work on the XBox One. Your games will be developed for the XBox One. You will buy games for the XBox one assuming there are XBox One sales already. Same for PS4 and WiiU. Nobody cares how powerful is the WiiU.

Its the game library that needs to be expanded, that's what.
Jul 26, 2014 12:15 PM

Apr 2012
Hoppy said:
Rivayne said:

You haven't seen E3 haven't you, the WiiU is getting games for 2015, if you are talking about third party then yes, it has no true 3rd party support.
No I haven't seen this year's E3 because they always end up being cringey as hell. First off It has almost 0 indie titles, second on release it only had like a few triple A titles, so the people who bought one in the beginning of 2013 have to wait 2 years to get a title they wanted. Not hating on any console I just see that as them not giving a shit about America.
Jul 26, 2014 12:16 PM

Apr 2012
Tsun_Pooka said:
KAMIN_A said:
Consoles are all weak compared to a gaming pc #PCMASTERRACE

I'm ashamed that the PC Master Retards are on the same preferred platform as me.

None on the consoles care for the power anyways. You buy an XBox One. Your games will work on the XBox One. Your games will be developed for the XBox One. You will buy games for the XBox one assuming there are XBox One sales already. Same for PS4 and WiiU. Nobody cares how powerful is the WiiU.

But without pc master race who will tell everyone consoles suck?
Jul 26, 2014 12:24 PM

Aug 2013
The Gamecube was the shit.

Best nintendo console I owned with a lot of memorable games including one of the best games ever made. The remake to resident evil 1, scared the shit outta me.

But im not a fan of nintendo, they only ever release the same few games every new console. We get a new zelda, a new smash bros and a fuck ton of rehashed mario titles and 1 or 2 edgy grown up 3rd party titles and thats it. I grew tired of the formula some time ago. Im not going to buy a new system knowing all im going to get is an updated version of the same three titles for the past 10 years.

Now if they started bringing out some other classic titles back from the dead on wii U I would be tempted. Give Dino crisis 1 the same type of remake as resident evil 1 and i'll throw money at them.
Jul 26, 2014 12:24 PM
Jul 2018
FGAU1912 said:
JCAPER said:

What is wrong?

Compared with the rest of gaming market (consoles + pc), it is small.
Jul 26, 2014 12:35 PM

Mar 2014
Rivayne said:
Tsun_Pooka said:

But without pc master race who will tell everyone consoles suck?

Phone and handheld gamers.
Jul 26, 2014 1:09 PM
Mar 2011
JCAPER said:
FGAU1912 said:

Compared with the rest of gaming market (consoles + pc), it is small.

the total salespf all all nintendo handhrld over the last two gens is close to 150 million the 3ds has 5 times the sales of the ps4 and xbone and th me me under selling it more than llikly

Jul 26, 2014 1:16 PM
Mar 2011
Hoppy said:
FGAU1912 said:

Yep, anything with a gaccha system is almost always a money pit. To be fair some mobile titles in the West have just a small one time fee that's optional for extra cards, items, and such (usually the indie fare) and the West also has full games on mobile.

the tales moblie gaes have no cash shop to my knowing and some of them are full 40- 60 hours RPGS that show you that Japanese Moublie games are ahead of the west look a the quilty of the deus ex game on Mobile

Jul 26, 2014 2:55 PM

Nov 2008
FGAU1912 said:
Hoppy said:

the tales moblie gaes have no cash shop to my knowing and some of them are full 40- 60 hours RPGS that show you that Japanese Moublie games are ahead of the west look a the quilty of the deus ex game on Mobile

Yes, the Tales mobile games don't have a cash shop but it's also a full game, there's others like FM 2089 I-II, Assault Gunners, and Damascus Gear Tokyo Shisen which were mobile and full games, but the vast majority of mobile games are F2P money pits. Also notice a pattern with some mobile games, the ones that have limited or no microtransactions are getting ported to handhelds.

Jul 26, 2014 3:06 PM
Mar 2011
Hoppy said:
FGAU1912 said:

Yes, the Tales mobile games don't have a cash shop but it's also a full game, there's others like FM 2089 I-II, Assault Gunners, and Damascus Gear Tokyo Shisen which were mobile and full games, but the vast majority of mobile games are F2P money pits. Also notice a pattern with some mobile games, the ones that have limited or no microtransactions are getting ported to handhelds.

abd there very good games at that i hope they get ported soon too

Jul 26, 2014 3:15 PM

Nov 2008
FGAU1912 said:
Hoppy said:

abd there very good games at that i hope they get ported soon too

Especially on Vita, while the Vita does have a nice game library in Japan, I'm afraid that F2P may overtake the download online side of the library soon although Judas Code seems interesting, well at least the single player is interesting, the multiplayer not so much so there's a few decent ones just not too many.

Jul 26, 2014 5:02 PM

Jun 2008
Nintendo does have good systems, but they bank to heavily on non-gamers and casuals. I think one of the main reasons why the Wii U is selling poorly is due to Nintendo's poor marketing. Heck half of the people out there thought the Wii U was merely an expansion of the Wii, and not it's successor. That and the fact that although they are getting more into online gaming, they still do things that hinders a full service community (such as not being able to voice chat in game with non-friends, etc). They still have their mind set back in the 1980's, where the whole family sat together on the cough and played. The Wii succeeded because mobile gaming wasn't a thing at the time. Now that it is? Casuals have moved away from it in favor of them. And lastly, too much gimmicky hardware. Don't get me wrong I love innovation, but it really should be "optional." Since it's not only forced on the gamer's, but developers as well, as they often times feel like they have to change their games around in order to adapt to Nintendo's new software. It's one of the reasons why developers are ignoring the Wii U game pad, and I for one am happy about that.

My opinion on the matter anyway. :)
Jul 27, 2014 5:58 PM

Aug 2012
JCAPER said:
@ lupadim

What?

So basically "PS Vita sucked because it was too awesome"? ROFL, look at the arguments of those PS Vita fans. Seriously. Nintendo has one of the best fanbases around, so that is another plus for Nintendo.

Developers are NOT forced to create games that push the console to the limit. Look at Nintendo DS, most of its games do not push ti to the limit and still make huge success (such as visual novels like Phoenix Wright/999 and puzzles like Picross)
Jul 27, 2014 6:01 PM
Mar 2011
lupadim said:
JCAPER said:
@ lupadim

What?

So basically "PS Vita sucked because it was too awesome"? ROFL, look at the arguments of those PS Vita fans. Seriously. Nintendo has one of the best fanbases around, so that is another plus for Nintendo.

Developers are NOT forced to create games that push the console to the limit. Look at Nintendo DS, most of its games do not push ti to the limit and still make huge success (such as visual novels like Phoenix Wright/999 and puzzles like Picross)

Phoenix Wright is not a vn

Jul 27, 2014 7:14 PM
Jul 2018
lupadim said:
JCAPER said:
@ lupadim

What?

Would you buy a ps4 game that you feel that even your old ps2 would run it?
Jul 27, 2014 7:37 PM

Nov 2008
The problem with the Vita is basically

1. Marketing, Japan got promotions off the scale for the Vita including a whole conference dedicated to the Vita. The West got no such marketing, E3 doesn't even get good Vita exposure, but TGS will, especially this year with Phantasy Star Nova coming in November.

2. Deals, in Japan, PS Plus gives you some of the sweetest deals I've seen in a while for the Vita such as discounts on games I want to play (not some no name indie title no one has even heard of), and good freebies, you get beyond your $55 worth (screw you Abe and your 8% consumption tax). The West is drier than the Sahara on the Vita scene, no deals on anything most people want, and few good PS Plus freebies, PS plus in the US should be $15 because it sure isn't worth $50.

3. Games, while the Vita is for a niche audience in both West and East, the West barely gets any games outside indies and some games that were Vita/PS3 in Japan don't get localized on Vita. Japan gets lots of great games for the Vita, even though almost all of them are for some sort of niche audience whither it be for casuals or the Otaku, but the Vita just seemed like it's made for (and definitely marketed) toward niche audiences.

Jul 27, 2014 8:26 PM
Mar 2011
Hoppy said:
The problem with the Vita is basically

1. Marketing, Japan got promotions off the scale for the Vita including a whole conference dedicated to the Vita. The West got no such marketing, E3 doesn't even get good Vita exposure, but TGS will, especially this year with Phantasy Star Nova coming in November.

2. Deals, in Japan, PS Plus gives you some of the sweetest deals I've seen in a while for the Vita such as discounts on games I want to play (not some no name indie title no one has even heard of), and good freebies, you get beyond your $55 worth (screw you Abe and your 8% consumption tax). The West is drier than the Sahara on the Vita scene, no deals on anything most people want, and few good PS Plus freebies, PS plus in the US should be $15 because it sure isn't worth $50.

3. Games, while the Vita is for a niche audience in both West and East, the West barely gets any games outside indies and some games that were Vita/PS3 in Japan don't get localized on Vita. Japan gets lots of great games for the Vita, even though almost all of them are for some sort of niche audience whither it be for casuals or the Otaku, but the Vita just seemed like it's made for (and definitely marketed) toward niche audiences.

based on the uncoming games list by fumistsu the Vita is getting 2nd least games than any other modern gen system [ fully annouced name and release date ] around 60 in the next year and ariund 100 total [ if you know what fumitsu list is like this will make sense
only the wii u has less in total there is going to be alot of cross paltform ones thougth vitaxps4/3 liike ryu ga gotoku 1 and 2 hd and shenmue hd [ god sammy loves us]

Jul 27, 2014 11:46 PM

Sep 2013
Nintendo is just experiencing an extreme low point after essentially owning the industry in the 80's and 90's. While they brought some of these problems upon themselves, it's still kind of sad seeing the Big N in this shape. The Wii's success was sort of a curse, they had a huge success with a gimmicky system and grew content. Now they're suffering for it. Hopefully the upcoming Smash, Mario Kart 8, and Zelda will restore confidence in the Wii U.
Jul 27, 2014 11:56 PM
Nov 2008
JCAPER said:
@ lupadim

eh, the 3ds and ds have fun games, but they don't have staying power.

like, i own way more 3ds games than i do vita, but i play the vita games for longer. it's weird.

More topics from this board

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

53 by BitChilly »»
42 seconds ago

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

523 by lcee_15 »»
1 hour ago

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

141 by Kajiuran »»
3 hours ago

» whats your least favorite video game

_spoon_ - Dec 10, 2021

30 by Kajiuran »»
Yesterday, 9:54 PM

» What's the best handheld console you recommend?

CursedFein - Apr 20

6 by rohan121 »»
Yesterday, 6:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.