Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 24, 2014 11:15 PM
Jul 2014
Hi everyone. I got some time off recently and would like to enjoy a series that is addicting to watch. Meaning great pacing and quick start. If there is an older series, I wouldn't mind that either. I am currently watching a few anime that is airing but don't want to wait for it. What is the most addicting anime I haven't yet seen off my list? I would like to get to it asap! Thanks.

Note: Addicting doesn't mean best anime. Just means quickest hook =)

Edit: Reason explanation [ie. GTO = How the teacher gets all the students to side with him from scratch even though they didn't trust teachers before]
Takumi3000Jul 25, 2014 2:39 PM
Jul 24, 2014 11:21 PM
May 2014
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Angel Beats
Anohana
Clannad
Gundam Unicorn
Mirai Nikki
Macross Frontier
Clannad
Legend of Galactic Heroes
Ghost in the Shell
Kara no Kyokai
Neon Genesis Evangelion
No Game No Life
Jul 24, 2014 11:28 PM
Jul 2014
Thanks! Very interested in Anohana and Galactic Heroes from this list.
Jul 24, 2014 11:32 PM

Jul 2013
Free!

do it
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)dont hate me cause you aint me( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 24, 2014 11:32 PM
Apr 2010
Hikaru no go. Not joking, watch it and get hooooked. :)
Jul 24, 2014 11:37 PM
Jul 2014
ablooga said:
Hikaru no go. Not joking, watch it and get hooooked. :)

Yep I love HNG! One of my favorite anime back in highschool. It later would lead me to chihayafuru, which is another similar awesome anime!
Jul 25, 2014 12:36 AM

May 2014
Mahouka Koukou No Rettousei
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Jul 25, 2014 12:38 AM
Dec 2013
Hataraku Maou-sama
HxH 2011
White Album 2

I got addicted to the,
Jul 25, 2014 1:19 AM

Feb 2009
Hitsugi no Chaika

damn does that show start strong and just keep going. 2nd season starts in oct. its only 13 eps iirc, its probably one of the most interesting, quickest pickups i've ever watched. surprisingly good.
Jul 25, 2014 7:39 AM

May 2012
Another vote for Hikaru no Go and Chihayafuru

Monster captivated me for all 74 episodes.

Cross Game is pretty good at keeping your attention as well.
Jul 25, 2014 8:21 AM

Oct 2013
http://kissanime.com/G/152769?l=http%3a%2f%2fkissanime.com%2fAnime%2fInitial-D-Fifth-Stage
“And some things that should not have been forgotten were lost. History became legend. Legend became myth. And for two and a half thousand years, the ring passed out of all knowledge.”
Jul 25, 2014 9:23 AM

Jan 2014
Hunter x Hunter (2011) is the definition of an addicting anime. 139 aired episodes right now, and still airing (though there's talks it'll be put on hiatus to widen the gap between the anime and manga). If the "childish" look turns you off, just ignore it and dive in. I was the same way before and was proven wrong so quickly. It deals with very dark themes and challenges for the main characters, much darker than Naruto, Bleach and One Piece. The Chimera Ant arc (episodes 75-135) were just amazing, if Steins;Gate didn't exist, that arc would have propelled Hunter x Hunter to my all time favorite.

Anyway, clearly I'm biased but I really do think you'll enjoy it. It's extremely addicting, makes you wonder what the outcome will be in every arc, and the characters are very likable and interesting. You won't need to wait for the Chimera ant arc for the show to be great either, it's just my personal favorite as it is with some others. So please give it a try! At least give the first 20 or so a watch, by then you'll be all in.
Jul 25, 2014 1:14 PM
Jul 2014
Dofy said:
Hunter x Hunter (2011) is the definition of an addicting anime. 139 aired episodes right now, and still airing (though there's talks it'll be put on hiatus to widen the gap between the anime and manga). If the "childish" look turns you off, just ignore it and dive in. I was the same way before and was proven wrong so quickly. It deals with very dark themes and challenges for the main characters, much darker than Naruto, Bleach and One Piece. The Chimera Ant arc (episodes 75-135) were just amazing, if Steins;Gate didn't exist, that arc would have propelled Hunter x Hunter to my all time favorite.

Anyway, clearly I'm biased but I really do think you'll enjoy it. It's extremely addicting, makes you wonder what the outcome will be in every arc, and the characters are very likable and interesting. You won't need to wait for the Chimera ant arc for the show to be great either, it's just my personal favorite as it is with some others. So please give it a try! At least give the first 20 or so a watch, by then you'll be all in.

Awesome stuff! I have not yet watched the Hunter x Hunter (2011) but have seen the 1999 version. I remember it was pretty good but liked his other show (Yu Yu Hakusho) more at the time. It was so long ago so I think I'll put this into the shows I need to watch list!
Jul 25, 2014 1:15 PM
Jul 25, 2014 1:22 PM

Jun 2014
Senyuu
Inu x Boku SS
Fruits Basket
Watamote (depends on the person)
Ixion Saga DT (kinda like a parody of SAO)

I'm sorry if you don't like any of them
My signature is perfect.
Jul 25, 2014 1:57 PM

Jan 2014
Takumi3000 said:
Dofy said:

Awesome stuff! I have not yet watched the Hunter x Hunter (2011) but have seen the 1999 version. I remember it was pretty good but liked his other show (Yu Yu Hakusho) more at the time. It was so long ago so I think I'll put this into the shows I need to watch list!

Well as I understand, I think you could go right into the Chimera Ant arc if you've seen the 1999 version. I haven't seen the 1999 series, and I'm pretty new to the series as a whole, but as long as you've seen the Greed Island OVA's the 2011 series picks up right after Greed Island into Chimera Ant.

Either way, hope you enjoy when you get around to it!
Jul 25, 2014 2:39 PM

Apr 2014
+1 No Game No Life

Most intense and addictive anime ever, fast paced, funny and action packed.

(I sound like an advert :/)

-1 Watamote

You CANNOT marathon this anime. It took me over two months to get to episode 6, and I'm still there. It is soo funny yet gives you so many cringes! You will die if you attempt to finish this in one go. It is hilarious, but painful to watch. Anyone that has seen it will probably agree with me on this :3
if you run you get faster to your location

have a nice day
- FALL3RE
Jul 25, 2014 2:41 PM
Jul 2014
FullOfSurprises said:
Senyuu
Inu x Boku SS
Fruits Basket
Watamote (depends on the person)
Ixion Saga DT (kinda like a parody of SAO)

I'm sorry if you don't like any of them

I've seen Fruits Basket and Watamote. More shows to add to my list as I have just joined yesterday! Look into the others for sure.
Jul 25, 2014 2:44 PM
Jul 2014
RandomGuy2211 said:
+1 No Game No Life

Most intense and addictive anime ever, fast paced, funny and action packed.

(I sound like an advert :/)

-1 Watamote

You CANNOT marathon this anime. It took me over two months to get to episode 6, and I'm still there. It is soo funny yet gives you so many cringes! You will die if you attempt to finish this in one go. It is hilarious, but painful to watch. Anyone that has seen it will probably agree with me on this :3

I started No Game No Life when only 3 Episodes were out. Will go back to it soon! Watamote was definitely a strange anime. I watched it once per week as it was coming out lol. It was pretty interesting to watch it from a girl's point of view haha.
Jul 25, 2014 2:49 PM
Jul 2014
Dofy said:
Takumi3000 said:

Well as I understand, I think you could go right into the Chimera Ant arc if you've seen the 1999 version. I haven't seen the 1999 series, and I'm pretty new to the series as a whole, but as long as you've seen the Greed Island OVA's the 2011 series picks up right after Greed Island into Chimera Ant.

Either way, hope you enjoy when you get around to it!

I will re-watch the whole thing because I pretty much forgot most of the story. It has been too long. But this may be a blessing in disguise. My friend loves Hunter but constantly whines to me how lazy the author is for releasing very few new manga chapters. It could be a long wait for the anime to get some new story content soon.

Thanks for the recommendation though! Putting it into my watchlist for sure :)
Jul 25, 2014 2:53 PM

Oct 2011
I just finished Welcome to the NHK. I think its a must watch now ^^
It is VERY enjoyable and sometimes I felt like I know what they are talking about...

Plus, I finished it in 3 days...that should give you a hint :p
Sep 25, 2014 7:44 PM

Nov 2013
EmileNoir said:
I just finished Welcome to the NHK. I think its a must watch now ^^
It is VERY enjoyable and sometimes I felt like I know what they are talking about...

Plus, I finished it in 3 days...that should give you a hint :p
Holy shit is that anime addicting! I finished it in 2 nights and it was amazing. The first ED is still my favorite ED ever.

Sep 25, 2014 8:15 PM

Sep 2014
The Legend of Condor Hero. While this happens to be one of the best anime as well, It's exceedingly addictive.

Those of you who are into wuxia live action series know what I'm talking about, people that haven't seen wuxia series, yes the fact It's a wuxia series pretty much explains it all(which the anime is as true to the genre as you can be). The way the story is told, the chain of unexpected events, the coincidental meetings that changes the MC life forever, the very developed characters, the tragic hero who can't get a break, yet still finds the strength to move forward, ect.

Once you start a wuxia series, you are driven by a uncontrollable urge to marathon it. You may want to force your self to take a break, you'll say to your self, I'll just take a simple hour break. However after only a minute or so passes, you're back to watching it lol

Also Hikaru is very addictive, but not at the "very start", however it Isn't long before it sucks you in :)
ZoltorSep 25, 2014 8:20 PM

More topics from this board

» Any anime/manga with birds as the main focus?

doomteensy - 9 hours ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » Looking for Dolicon (Lolicon) Manga like Mujaki no Rakuen

wuhugm - Dec 3, 2013

10 by Introvert_ShutIN »»
2 hours ago

» can you recommend me an anime i havent watched?

berkcan4you - 11 hours ago

3 by Dariat »»
9 hours ago

» Drama/sentimental anime

xSamdavidx - Yesterday

7 by mo_lave »»
Yesterday, 12:21 PM

» Best horror anime?

Matteye - Apr 27

22 by mayoiko »»
Yesterday, 10:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.