Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 12, 2009 8:03 PM

Sep 2009
Welcome to the location of Milano, Italy, present day. It just so happens that there are mages(among other beings) who came over to our world from theirs, more than hundreds of years ago.

17 year old Alyssa Capello should know. One of them fell from the sky and landed on top of her one day! He seems unconscious and sickly for some reason, though. Feeling pity, she skips school and takes him home, in hopes that her grandmother can help her with nursing this guy back to health. What she did'nt take into consideration, however, was how it looks to 2 family members when they see the girl they've raised for years, skipping school and bringing home a boy.

If that wasn't enough, something happens a week later. Dominic Valiero, now woken up and in the process of healing, realizes that his powers are gone.... and inside of Alyssa!!!

What's Dominic going to do, now that his powers are gone, 'stolen' by a girl that celebrates when she gets a D on History tests? Left with no other choice, he guilt-trips Alyssa into following him around, using the powers she now has whenever he orders her to do so.

Will these opposites be able to tolerate eachother? And what with this "second world" that everybody around her seems to talk about so casually?

Who knows? But one thing we do know is...

Alyssa Capello has now entered a world magic and spells, courtesy of the one who pulled her in.

Huh, won't this be interesting?

The character profiles will be in the next posting of this story. Look foreward to it!!!

"'Up is down'? Well thats maddeningly unhelpful."- Captain Jack Sparrow
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 14, 2009 9:15 PM

Dec 2008
the summary sounds interesting. I can't wait to see the story.

~Signature made by Dea37s~

Night Academy I.D.
Oct 15, 2009 12:08 AM

Sep 2009
THE CHARACTER PROFILES!!!

name: Alyssa Capello

birthday: September 3rd,

looks: http://api.ning.com/files/25R-ge846RAU2IBtbG*4WbfSYKZmQepAhThSuXJ6PDoJ0Z8B*vC-L3Z85MJuKUK8VuEOzGlTN0xl0hDUyccj0Rcw2K2frQf2/cute_anime_girl.jpg

family: parents are divorced, grandmother living with her and her mother

personality: Not the tallest, probably the fifth shortest in her class. Her grades are high b's and c's, the exception being a whopping A in Creative Writing. Not the most attractive, not a lot of confidence, clumsy, and not very ladylike. But then, it always seems like theres a hidden quality that no one else has. When she has that, who needs high grades or curves?

name: Dominic Valiero

birthday: May 10th,

looks: http://s.bebo.com/app-image/7927807461/5411656627/PROFILE/i.quizzaz.com/img/q/u/08/03/10/4690033729a5775866340l.jpg

family: father has sent him away to his uncle for bounty hunter training as well as further mage training.

personality: Not the tallest, but still taller than a lot of people. Grades are low a's and high b's, the exception being a dwindling c in Literature. If you just met him, hell seem impatient, rude, and impulsive. But thats just the way he wants to seem towards other people. in other words, its all an act. In actuality, hes really a nice guy that doesnt have the ability to tolerate other people too well(especially people like Alyssa), so hence the act.(though he is still a bit impatient and impulsive, that much is true, unfortunately.)

name: Devin Belerose

birthday: March 31st

looks: http://s.bebo.com/app-image/7925951115/5411656627/PROFILE/i.quizzaz.com/img/q/u/08/03/25/anime16.jpg

family: all are said to have died long ago. He was taken in by the Valiero family at 10 years old.

personality: 2 inches taller than Dominic, as well as 4 times as strong, and 7 times as smart. Calm, cool, and poker faced at most times. Gets annoyed pretty easily, especially when Dominic's being stupid. the only thing that can get him to crack a smile is when hes hanging out with Alyssa or Dominic.

name: Kristen Valiero

looks: http://s.bebo.com/app-image/7925413866/5411656627/PROFILE/i.quizzaz.com/img/q/u/08/03/19/normal.jpg

family: father and little brother, Dominic, who's currently living at his uncles. She wants to visit, but her father doesnt allow it. So she comes up with a way to keep in touch with her dearest younger brother:

personality: Practically the opposite of her brother. Outgoing, wild at times, has more curves than the average person, and isnt afraid to show them. Seems to have all the confidence in the world, except in one subject: getting her brother to accept her as family.

name: Adrienne Capello, Alyssa's mother

looks: http://img3.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire2/ede7156e9fbd5dea8cb1bee497df3b231243209934_full.png

family: daughter, mother, divorced husband, and many others

personality: Well lets just say, we can see where Alyssa gets half of her personality from. And that when coupled with her mother, Adrienne(the apple) falls very far from Grandma Meg(the tree)

name: Margarette Capello, Alyssa's grandmother

looks: sadly, I could not find a picture. But imagine the grandma from the Disney movie "Mulan" and combine that with the character Yuuko from the anime "xxxHolic"

family: a daughter and granddaughter, as well as an ex-son in law and many others

personality: clever, crafty, mischeivous, completely different from her daughter, and the coolest, funniest grandmother you will ever meet. It seems that her mission in life is to hook Alyssa up with someone approved by her, and become a great-grandmother before she dies. She also enjoys making people think shes a cougar.

Well I hope you enjoyed this little profile of characters and I hope you will enjoy the story even more(a lot more). The next chapter will come out eventually, so look foreward to it!!!

Oct 16, 2009 2:17 PM

Sep 2009
Chapter 1. "Guys dont fall from the sky!" Common Misconception.

(Alyssa's point of view)

"Letsee, the summer homework for Literature was to write a poem." I recalled out loud, searching through my bag for it.

The principal said wed be getting a new teacher for that class, come to think of it. Wonder if its going to be the substitute from last year.

Last year's Literature teacher had the name Labelle. Very misleading I tell you. It took the vice principal a whole 3 years to realize that Mr. Labelle had been a weed smoker, and whats more, he gave it to all the people that got a high grade on exams last year. After giving them each a few, before they had a chance to even refuse the gifts, he calledboth the principal and vice principal in and tried to frame them!

Yep, you heard right. But luckily the vice principal noticed what Mr. Labelle had forgotten to cover up: his eyes and breath.The police and everybody's parents were called, Mr. Labelle was pressed with all sorts of charges, and all of us students were questioned. After that, the principal gave a speech about not doing drugs before introducing the substitute Mr. Adeline as our new teacher for the rest of the year.

After the poem had been looked over twice, and corrections were made wherever needed, I still wanted to keep it out a little longer. Call it whatever you want, but I sort of like making poems, and this one just happens to have a lot of work put in it. My grandmother even gave me ideas for it and that helped me out a lot.

"Hmmm... guess I can read it out loud then and see if it sounds okay." Just to make sure no people were around to hear, I looked around the arch/hall/bridge/thing that I had been standing under, searching for any signs of life. A smile crept on my face, once realizing nobody could be found.

And with that...

"A~hem."

...(switching to Dominic point of view)...

"Get back here!" I threatened, knowing full well that wasnt going to work.

"You wish. Besides, it seems youve slowed down to the point that you might as well give up. Youll never capture me at this rate."

"Heh, thats what you think. I could go faster if I tried."

Yeah, just in case you didnt know, I had been lying through my teeth, hoping that this one would at least slow down long enough for me to speed up and capture them. But sadly, I knew that bounty hunting just didnt work that way. Still, cant blame a guy for trying .

"Oh really? Then prove it. Otherwise, eat my dust, brat." she said smarmily, increasing her speed ten-fold. In the span of one millisecond, she was out of site.

I growled in frustration, gritting my teeth like theres no tommorrow. "Uuurgh!!!" Clenching my fists, I quickly think of a back road to take in order to catch up. I wouldve actually started to make my way over there at that, if it hadnt been for--

"Dominic, I dont think you should go after the bounty this time. Youve been chasing her for 2 and a half days without resting or eating.I think its best if you take your health into consideration and temporarily withdraw for now. Otherwise, you could end up unconscious and halfway to China like last time."

"Keep my health in mind? Why else do you think Im trying so hard? If the bounty isnt brought in, the captain of the hunter department'll give me a fate worse than death! Now let go of the paralyzing spell and let me do my job! Thats an order Devin!"

"...Very well. Its bad enough youll have to skip the first week of school because of this. You want to keep going after a second-rate bounty that hardly even worth the trouble, go ahead." he lazily stated, reluctant in releasing me from his binding magic. "Remember, your parents put me in charge of backing you up to make sure you dont screw up and die on the side of the road. I have a class in about 20 minutes, so by the time I get back, the job should be long done with. Promise me that Im not going to find you lying in a ditch 5 districts from here?" Actually I couldnt tell if he was serious or joking, but nodded anyway, then turned back to where the bounty had been 30 seconds ago.

I started to make my way east.

However, out of nowhere...

a weird chiming sound was ringing everywhere, even the wind around me was filled with echos and vibrations. It wouldnt stop for some reason, until I reached up to try and see if maybe it was just my ears. But my gut told me there was more to it than that.

In the next moment...

I cant move!

I was completely paralyzed, unable to so much as move my mouth to speak. Everything around me seemed to move in slow motion, getting blurrier with every passing moment.

Whats going on? I think Im falling,...

Whats more, I couldnt hear any of the sounds around me like before. I could only hear one sound.

A persons voice. Strange, huh? It gets even stranger. The person was reciting a poem.

"When separates the moon and sun

If they do not meet, they wont become one.

Lacking something the other has

Making up for what the other does not.

They have such a relationship

That one day it will return

To how it begun

Once more,

Surely,

They will again become one."

Everything went black.

Well, that was the first chapter to the story. Questions, comments, requests, or insults, just message them. Look foreward to the next chapter!

Oct 21, 2009 5:06 PM

Sep 2009
CHAPTER 2

...(Alyssas point of view)...

I sat on a chair in our guestroom, taking care of the stranger that had been sleeping on the bed in here for the past 3 days.

Why?

Long story. Very long story.

Sighing while staring at the wall in front of me, I recalled what happened yesterday.

Lets see, I was walking to school while checking the one subject of summer homework I actually worked on, then out of nowhere this guy fell on top of me!And when I say "fell on top of me" I mean literally fell from the sky and encountered me in a head collision. This, of course, resulted in me performing a face-plant, with the guy now landed on top of me.

Guys are'nt supposed to fall from the sky. Besides if they did, there wouldnt be so many people doing online dating-- wait --ack! Lets not get off track. Anyways, after the guy fell on top of me, I skipped school to carry him over to my house- thank goodness for the pro wrestler/gym teacher, otherwise I wouldve dropped the guy 2 seconds after picking him up. Why didnt I just leave him on the side of the road? I saw blood on his head (er, thats probably halfway my fault from the head collision), not to mention that his skin looked whiter than my button down uniform shirt. Bottom line, my conscience(pity) kicked in and I decided to take him to my house. There was a next door neighbor that used to be a doctor, so I could call him if anything urgent were to happen. However, when I brought him inside the house, something happened (that I shouldve seen coming but didnt)...

...(flashback: 3 days ago...)...

I managed to get the door open with one hand while still keeping him on my back with the other hand, making sure the hood on his jacket covered his bloody head. How all that was done in less than 5 seconds, Ill never know. Shutting the door behind me, I take one deep breath in preparation for going up the stairs, when two people interrupted me with a (rehearsed) gasp. Oh great, just who I didnt wanna be seen by right now.

"Shouldnt you be at school, Alyssa?" my mother inquired, squinting with a raised eyebrow.

I thought for a moment. "Well, I can explain that part at leas--"

"Ally, whos this handsome eye candy?" my grandmother gestured to the unconscious guy on my back.

And thats the part that cant be explained.

I swallowed nervously, quickly coming up with a good explanation. Did you seriously think I was going to say the truth? Alright, I thought not.

Moving on to less important matters... Is a grandmother supposed to use phrases like "eye candy"? Just wondering. Dont get me wrong, I love my grandma, and shes the smartest, coolest person in the whole wide world. But sometimes, I wonder if my mom really is her daughter. If so, then this is living proof that the saying"The apple doesnt fall far from the tree." is a bigger lie than those weight loss products you see advertised on commercials.

"Uh... Grandma, hes... a stranger, actually."

My eyes widened once I realised what way that couldve been taken.

Poor choice of wording. Extremely poor choice.

"He j-just kind of-auhmmm... dropped in?" I explained, carefully choosing my words this time. That way, if they were ever to find out what really happened, I could say that I (technically, but not really) didnt lie.

She smirked. "Hmmm... interesting... who is he really though? Come on, you dont have to tell your mother, but you can definitely let me in on it, right? Now spill." she whispered the last part lout loud, leaning in sideways and pointing to her ear.

"Mother!" my mom yelled. "How old are you?! Alyssa shouldnt be hiding anything from me. And why would she tell you and not me?"

My grandmother rolled her eyes and walked over to her. "Lend me your ear, Adrienne." She started whispering, looking over in my direction from time to time. A few minutes later, my mom's scowl turned into a mischeivous smile.They then walked over to me. What could they be scheming?

Grandma spoke first."Well, you dont have to say anything if you dont want to, hun. Must be complicated and all that jazz, right? Right. Just make sure to tell me before your mother. Okay?"

Well this is confusing, to say the least. "Umm... okay, good to know."

"Now go ahead upstairs and put him in the guestroom. Were going to go shopping." my mom added, recieving a nod of approval from grandma.

"And we might be out all night, too. So you dont have to leave any dinner out for us, well have eaten long since then." They both started to head out the door, but poked their heads back in for some reason. "One more thing, Alyssa."

I looked over my shoulder in response. "Uh huh?"

"Have a good time!!!" they exclaimed, howling with laughter as they closed the door and walked off.

Not even five seconds after they left, and I suddenly froze, my jaw dropping and eyes widening at the same time.

"Oh come on! Thats just-- thats-- uugggh."

Is getting offspring from me the only thing they can think about?! Are their lives that boring? Just when I thought they were giving up on that idea... You know what?

I shook my head in disgust, making my way up the stairs and into the guest room.

Perverts.

...(end of flashback)...

And thats how we got here. Thank goodness I was at least able to explain to them later on what "really happened". My cover story was that I found him lying in a ditch on the way to school, saw that he was injured, then decided to treat him at the house, since it was closer than the hospital. Pretty good, huh? I had enough time to think it up while they were out "shopping". My butt. They were probably somewhere close by, listening for anything interesting.

Ive had to skip school for a few days to take care of him. Though all I really did was get out the first aid kit and bandaged his head up. Then I let my grandmother do the rest, while my mother's hemophobia is what kept her from helping out. Other than that, nothings really happened, and he hasnt woken up yet, hence the reason why wall staring has become a hobbie recently.

"Ally? Im comin in." My grandma opened the door and looked over at the guy. "Is he still not woken up yet?"

"Nope. Just how long can this guy sleep?" I asked no one in particular, still looking at the wall. Ooh, that scratch on the baseboards is new.

She walked over to him and placed her hand on his forehead. "Ooh. He has a bit of a fever. Go get me a damp rag and an icepack, will ya?"

"Sure." I got up and walked down the stairs into the kitchen, searching for the requested items, when she started calling me from upstairs.

"Alyssa?"

"Is there something wrong, Grandma?"

"Get up here as quick as you can, okay?"

I did as I was told, running up the stairs, trying to not forget to breathe.

Somethings up. But what is it?

Guess Ill find out soon.
yukinothekonekoOct 25, 2009 9:15 PM

Oct 25, 2009 10:40 PM

Sep 2009
I nearly broke the door from turning the knob too fast.

Hey, when your grandma says get in here, you do what she says or else. Especially when shes a 7th degree blackbelt.

She calmed down a bit after realizing I came into the room. "Good, youre here. Listen closely, okay?"

I nodded. "Okay, but what is it?"

She cleared her throat in an attempt to regain composure. "This guy here should have woken up long ago. Im going to go across the street and get our neighbor Mr. Cleridell to come and take a look at him. Hes a doctor, so I think bringing him over here will be much faster than calling an ambulence or the like. While Im gone, you need to stay by the boys side, and if anything happens, do whatever would be most appropriate. Can you do that, hun?" she asked, looking at me expectantly.

"... got it." I answered, swallowing nervously at the very thought of screwing up now. She nodded, leaving the room immediately afterwards.

Putting me in charge of something like this? Bad move. What if he dies because I did the wrong treatment or something? It wouldnt surprise me, seeing as my luck's always been bad.

Or more likely...

I put my hands to my forehead, sighing loudly.

What if its because of whatever way I try to help that he dies?

"Ack! Why is it that both of those sound just as bad as eachother?"

It had been 5 minutes since she left, and only then did I remember what she told me to do.

I havent checked on him yet! Ugh, better go do that, otherwise he really will die because of me.

Knowing that you cant check on someone from halfway across a room, I carried the chair that I sat in earlier and pulled it up beside the bed, wondering what exactly I should do to see if hes okay.

Hmmm... this is gonna be a long day, isnt it.

....(Grandma Meg's point of view)...

"Thank you for agreeing to come to our house on such short notice, Mr. Cleridell. Its greatly appreciated." I turned to him, smiling politely.

He returned the smile. "Oh no problem, Miss Margarette. My wife and I have been friends with you all for years. How can we turn down a request as tiny as this? Speaking of, how are the other two? Are they home with you?"

I opened the door, motioning that our patient was on the second level of the house. Nodding, he proceeded to follow me up the stairs. "Oh, theyre doing fine. My daughter is about to get off from work, but my granddaughter is home. I told her to keep an eye on the patient while I came to get you. So if anythings happened, shes long since taken care of it."

"Well thats good. By the way, I saw Adrienne just last week when she stopped by the house to say hi, but the last time I saw Alyssa was summer break. She doing okay?" he asked, looking concerned.

I smiled slightly, trying to supress a chuckle. "I think shes grown a bit these past few days actually."

"Oh? Shes gotten taller, finally? Thats fantastic!"

Putting my hand on the knob, I turn to Mr. Cleridell. "Hes in here, and Alyssa should be in there with him."

"Okay, I understand." he smiled once again.

I opened the door, revealing a surprise. And on top of that, I happened to be in front of Mr. Cleridell, so most likely, hell see it soon enou--

"Lets see the patie..." his eyes widened.

I smirked.

Oh? Looks like hes seen it finally.

On the bed where the young man should have been laying...

Said young man seemed to have Alyssa pinned under him.

So Ill be a great-gradmother before I die? Victory!!!

Nov 8, 2009 12:05 AM

Jul 2009
Omg!!! It's terrific and hilarious!! I just hope Grandma Meg will listen to the truth!!!! XD
Nov 9, 2009 1:32 AM

Sep 2009
Wow! Thank you so much for replying!!! For some reason people dont like replying much but when they do it makes me want to update.

*sniffs and cries tears of joy* So happy! waaah!

Nov 9, 2009 1:36 AM

Sep 2009
CHAPTER 4

...(Alyssa's point of view)...

Heres the first thing that happened. Not sure of what to do first, I thought to check for a fever, like Id seen my grandma do thousands of times. Seemed like a good idea, right? Well heres where I made a mistake in thinking that. He happened to have an icepack with a towel wrapped around it on his forehead because of a fever last time we checked. So of course I would have had to remove the icepack from his forehead to do that, which I did.

Secondly, I dropped the icepack, and that happened about 10 seconds or so ago. Thirdly, it landed on his face, which happened about 7 seconds ago. This brings us to the fourth occurence, which happened about 4 or 5 seconds ago. Its a given that somebody will wake up after you drop something on their face, but for some reason,...

this guy felt the need to tackle and pin me to the bed!!!

Is it some kind of weird reflex that guys have nowadays or something? Or is this his idea of a good way to treat your hosts? Or could he just be a plain old pervert?

Then, the door opened all of a sudden, a familiar voice speaking up.

"Okay, lets see the patie--"

Both of us turned our heads towards the door to see who came in.

Ack! Not good. Its Mr. Cleridell AND my grandmother!!!

Mr. Cleridell looked shocked, eyes wide and all, while all my grandmother did was smirk, closing the door, then poking her head back in, the smirk still plastered on her face.

"Oooh, sorry for interrupting you two. Do finish up, though. Mr. Cleridell is here, and hed like to take a look at the young man. Haaave fun~~" she said, winking at the last part.

We both immediately got up, looking at eachother disgustedly. Turning towards the doorway, we ran outside of the room simultaneously, yelling “Thats not it!!!”

Sprinting down the stairs, we found my grandma and Mr. Cleridell sitting in the living room. They both turned their heads to see us, Mr. Cleridell immediately turning away, Grandma Meg running cheerfully over to the guy. She walked around him, looked him up and down, then grabbed his hands, smiling brightly.

“So youre going to be the father of my great grandchildren, huh? Its nice to meet you. My name is Margarette Capello, but you can call me Grandma Meg Come have a seat on the couch. You too, Alyssa. We need to talk about the wedding plans. And- oh! It seems I still dont know your name, young man.”

Come to think of it, I didnt know his name either.

When I thought that this was going to be a long day...

I was right.
yukinothekonekoNov 9, 2009 1:40 AM

Nov 13, 2009 3:22 PM

May 2008
Well done! Great characterization and story so far. My only irk is the seeming lack of apostrophes. Do update, though, don't leave it at a cliffhanger.
A past can last a lifetime.
How to Read Manga! | AnimeBytes | iMangaScans
Nov 15, 2009 10:56 PM

Sep 2009
Yaaay! Another reply. Thank you so much for the critique, too. Yeah, putting in apostraphes doesnt seem very important but I guess there are people that really notice that kinda stuff. Ill fix it as soon as I have time. As for updates, Ill post another chapter in a minute.

Nov 15, 2009 11:12 PM

Sep 2009
CHAPTER 5

....(Alyssa's point of view)...

After all the confusion, we finally got the chance to explain what really happened (much to Grandma Meg's dissapointment).

The explanation was then followed by Mr. Cleridell finally giving the guy a checkup. Everything turned out to be okay, just as long as he took it easy and let the head injury heal, which would probably take 3 weeks. A few minutes ago, Mr. Cleridell left with my grandmother to go pick up something for all of us to eat.

Though I couldn't help but hear her muttering something along the lines of "so close!" and other things. Oh well, I couldv'e been wrong.

Back to the situation at hand.

It turns out that his name's Dominic. He looks like a Dominic. Semi long, tousled-looking black hair, deep set charcoal eyes, a mouth that only seems to fire off insults.Yep, definitely a Dominic. And just wait until you hear him talk--

"That was your grandmother? That ecstatic to see her granddaughter look like she's getting--"

I cutt him off before he got a chance to say it. "It's your own fault for the misunderstanding, you know. Your'e the one who pushed me on the bed and pinned me down. What was up with that anyway?"

"It was a reflex that turned on when you dropped the icepack on my head! What was up with that?"

"Th-The condensation made it slippery, okay?"

"Okay." he said in an unconvinced tone, the expression on his face hard to read. He turned his head away, muttering the word 'idiot' under his breath.

...(Dominic's point of view)...

"I heard that. Who's the idiot here, getting sick like that and falling down from the sky? Landing on top of me, by the way. You have no room to talk."

And thus, I started to recall the things that happened.

Oh yeah. I was chasing a bounty and then got paralyzed. Afer that I was falling, and the only thing I could hear was somebody reciting a poem.

Turning back to Alyssa, I wanted to know whether shed seen me fly or Devin use the binding magic. "You said I fell down from the sky? What else did you see?" If she had, that'd mean another thing on my to-do list: erasing her memory of it.

She looked at the ceiling to ponder for a moment. "Well, first I heard a sound getting closer and closer, until I realized it was you falling from above me. But by that time, it was already too late. Your head landed on mine, then I fell foreward, so you must have bonked your head on the concrete before landing on top of m. Your head was bleeding and on top of that you were as pale as a ghost. So I carried you here and got my grandma to help heal you."

At least I know she didnt see anything.

I scoffed while smirking, running a hand through my hair. "You seriously just picked a guy up off the street and carried him home? I could be a rapist or an axe murderer and you'd be too stupid to know it."

She got up immediately, getting into a fighting position that looked like it came from a Chuck Norris movie. "Are you?!?"

This idiot.

"No. But youre missing my point. I couldv'e been a psycho, and if so, you would be dead by now."

By this time, she'd already calmed down, sitting on the couch in the same position as before.

"Well sheesh. Wev'e already established that your'e not, so the least you could do is be thankful for us bandaging up your head and nursing you back to health."

I froze, gritting my teeth 3 seconds later.

Devin told me not to hide my location after the job was done. Let's just hope it hasnt been long since I fell.

Running up to Alyssa, I grabbed her shoulders in an attempt to get her attention.

I looked her straight in the eye, wanting this question answered. "How long have I been unconscious?"

"Um, about a... week." she replied, taken off guard. My eyes widened.

Crap! Devins probably about to come looking for me with a chainsaw like last time!

Not wanting to be murdered in a place I didnt even know, I made my way up the stairs, Alyssa (for some reason) following me the whole way.

Nov 15, 2009 11:15 PM

Sep 2009
CHAPTER 6

...(Alyssa's point of view)...

"What are you doing? The wound on your head could still reopen and bleed everywhere if you run like that! Mr. Cleridell said so!!! Weren't you listening when he gave you a checkup? Slow dooown!" I yelled after him.

He looked over his shoulder. "Shut up! What I do is my business and not yours, so butt out!"

"It's my business if your head cracks open and blood shoots out from it. Who do you think will have to clean up the mess?!"

No reply. Instead, I followed him into the guestroom hed been sleeping in. He lifted open the window and shot his right hand out.

What the heck is he doing?

Within a few seconds, he knitted his eyebrows together and repeated the motion. I sighed once before walking over to where he was.

"Come on. Youll be able to do that as much as you want after you get better. But for now you have to rest--"

I was cut off by getting blown back after grabbing his arm.

Ugh, my body feels numb.

Peeling myself from the floor Id been acquainted with a few seconds ago, I then looked down at my hands that felt like they were on fire.

My eyes widened at the site.

They were covered in white sparks! Yes, you heard me!!! The kind that you see dancing in those bedside plug-in crystal ball thingies!

Dominic! Did he get electrocuted too?

As soon as I got up to see if Dominic was okay, he looked over at me, freaking out and walking over to where I had been standing a few minutes ago. I was trying to keep balance, trying my best to figure out what the heck was going on, while the only thing Dominic did at the time was glare from across the room muttering "...you." And that was just moments before my legs gave out, sending me crashing to the floor with a thud. He ran over to where I sat, grabbing my hand to take a look at it. I pulled my arm away, thinking that he'd get electrocuted if he touched my hand.

Well, apparently I shouldn't have done that. In the next second, Dominic got all angry for some reason, growls and everything. Getting a little scared, I started scooting as far away from him as I could. That is, until he noticed.

Is this guy an animal?

He pinned my wrists to the floor, making my whole back hit the hardwood. Before I even had a chance to resist, he was hovering over me, yelling stuff that didnt make sense.

"Thief!"

What?

Give it back... give it back or else!"

"What are you talking about?"

Give back what you stole, or I'm going to take it by force!!!"

"Take what? I didnt steal anything!"

"Liar! You stole them and you know it--" he stopped midsentence, his eyelids slowly lowering. He struggled to turn his head back where the window was.

Curious as to what he was looking at, I followed his actions, immediately finding out.

Over by the window was a man in his twenties, with silver dye in his hair. He seemed to be pointing his right index finger in our direction.

Dominic growled weakly. "... Devin... this isnt-a... g-good time..." he managed, fainting before he got to finish.

Nov 24, 2009 10:55 PM

Sep 2009
Though unfortunately, hed been hovered over me, so by this time, because of the priciples of gravity, I was getting crushed under his weight as a result. Even though all that was happening, the main thing I kept my eyes locked on was this "Devin" person, slowly making his way toward us.

Now 3 inches away, Devin stood there in front of us, looking down at the scene before him. Obviously annoyed, he bent over and peeled Dominic from offtop of me, throwing him over his shoulder carelessly. He then held his hand out to me. Realizing that I should grab it, I did so, finding out that my legs were finally back to normal.

I was now face to face with the one called Devin, er... face to chest, actually. This guy was pretty tall. Not only that, but the guy that was crushing me with his weight a few minutes ago? Devin now had him over one shoulder, hanging like a rag doll.

"My name is Devin Belrose. I apologize for this idiot's behaviour. What he did was unnaceptable and unforgiveable. If you could find it in your conscience to pardon us for today, I promise that it'll be made up to you, no question. Do you accept?"

"Ummm..." Not exactly sure how to answer, I blew off trying to think of a smart reply. "Sure. He didnt really do anything, since you came just in time."

He nodded, then turned back to the window, leaping out without hesitating. Shocked as to how he had no fear of doing that, I ran to the window and looked down to see if he was okay. Another strange occurence, though.

They both dissappeared into thin air!

"How'd they... oh forget it!" I yelled, shutting the window in frustration.

I had a right to be frustrated. This whole day's been nothing but frustrating and confusing. First, stupid Dominic had a 'reflex'. what kind of reflex is pinning somebody down on a bed? On top of that, my grandmother and Mr. Cleridell saw it, thinking it was something else!!! So of course we had to explain it to them and get that straightened out.

After that, stupid Dominic runs up the stairs all of a sudden, and stupid me has to follow him and see whats wrong. Instead of solving that problem, I try to get him to rest, not knowing that it would blow up in my face. That hurt like 5 tazers all at the same time!!! And getting sent flying just from touching him most likely gave me bruises from hitting the floor so hard! Is he some kind of walking bug zapper?

Then, my legs decide to give out right before he tackles me to the ground, so of course Im unable to fight back. And then the idiot starts accusing me of stealing something from him! 'take it by force'? Take what by force?! What exactly is it that he wanted to take? Well, then again... maybe I dont want to know.

To wrap it all up, a stranger comes and helps me out. But before I can thank him, he jumps out the window and they both dissappear into thin air!

I landed on the bed with a flop, accidentally hitting one of the bruises. "Ugh, this whole day was nothing but confusing and frustrating." I repeated, yawning afterwards.

And tiring.

'"My name is Devin Belrose. I apologize for this idiot's behaviour. What he did was unnaceptable and unforgiveable. If you could find it in your conscience to pardon us for today, I promise that it'll be made up to you, no question."'

Conscience, huh?

Come to think of it, conscience is what started this whole madness. Its what made me want to take care of Dominic when he was injured. If my conscience hadnt kicked in, I wouldve just called an ambulence and gone on my merry little way. So then I guess its only right; if conscience is what started it, conscience should be what ends it.

And with that, I fell into a deep unconsciousness, allowing my thoughts to form themselves into a complex dream. Little did I know just how complex.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» For Those Who Don't Believe in God (Part 3 posted)

FALLEN101 - Sep 14, 2009

6 by FALLEN101 »»
Nov 4, 2010 9:18 AM

» Practicing Roleplaying, Feedback is welcome.

BlackOperations - May 5, 2010

1 by BlackOperations »»
May 5, 2010 8:27 PM

» Gekokujou~

annabloem - Apr 8, 2010

1 by georgi »»
Apr 9, 2010 6:33 PM

» Define 'Criminal' (3rd Chapter Up)

FALLEN101 - Feb 17, 2010

7 by georgi »»
Apr 9, 2010 3:37 PM

» Member cards ( 1 2 )

BlazingDevil - Jul 19, 2009

87 by Kanra_Orihara »»
Apr 8, 2010 7:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.