Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 15, 2014 3:46 PM

May 2014
Yo! so I've looked into this anime it seems a like a good series. I just want to know when the anime begin to differ, or are they different from the the start, utilizing the same characters with a different plot? If I want to continue the series in manga form after the anime, what episode should I drop the anime at?
Jul 15, 2014 3:53 PM

Mar 2008
It's been so long since I last watched it, but both adaptations were excellent. As usual though, the anime stopped too soon. The manga continues on after the anime is done. Essentially, I believe the anime finished the same time as volume 8 in the manga. From Volume 9 on, was their college/adult years.

If memory serves me right...
Jul 15, 2014 11:31 PM

May 2014
Zeatha said:
It's been so long since I last watched it, but both adaptations were excellent. As usual though, the anime stopped too soon. The manga continues on after the anime is done. Essentially, I believe the anime finished the same time as volume 8 in the manga. From Volume 9 on, was their college/adult years.

If memory serves me right...
I appreciate the thought, but Hmmm does that mean that the anime just abruptly stopped and was cut off, marked with an open ending?

Does anyone know if the plot stays the same or not, there are no major inconsistencies or much changed?
Jul 21, 2014 8:37 PM

Mar 2008
_Dazzle_ said:
I appreciate the thought, but Hmmm does that mean that the anime just abruptly stopped and was cut off, marked with an open ending?

Does anyone know if the plot stays the same or not, there are no major inconsistencies or much changed?
Open ending... I suppose. I'm trying not to give spoilers, but what I'm trying to say is that the ending of the anime is the same ending in the manga in volume 8. There are 16 volumes. So imagine half of the actual plot is missing in the anime, which was during their 'adult' years.

The plot is the exact same as the mangas. Episodes 1-26 is the same from volumes 1-8. There were no major changes and the scenes that stands out--ones that you'll need to know to have an idea of the back story--for this, I know for sure are shown in the anime.
Jul 22, 2014 4:30 PM

May 2014
Extremely helpful, thank you Zeatha, you really cleared this up for me =D Kudos to you knowledge on Bokura ga Ita!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bokura ga Ita Episode 16 Discussion

jacobpaige - Mar 16, 2008

33 by miyatobio »»
Apr 6, 11:28 PM

Poll: » Bokura ga Ita Episode 19 Discussion

26 by Suoly »»
Mar 20, 10:10 PM

» Bokura ga Ita Season II Discussion

Rufus - Jul 4, 2008

25 by chrisma »»
Feb 7, 8:57 AM

Poll: » Bokura ga Ita Episode 11 Discussion

28 by poobular »»
Jan 20, 12:54 AM

Poll: » Bokura ga Ita Episode 1 Discussion

sifma - Jun 24, 2008

48 by JoexySun »»
Dec 27, 2023 1:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.