Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 9, 2014 7:37 PM

Jun 2014
Why not everyone can use alchemy in military? Like for example Hawkeye, she's a great soldier even w/o alchemy but she's more stronger with alchemy. Its better to strengthen the military

Is their any qualification to learn alchemy? Like in HxH to learn a Nen, you should pass first the super hard Hunter Exam.

Elric Bros learned alchemy just by reading books, i think learnin alchemy is not that hard right?
Jul 13, 2014 6:02 PM
Jan 2013
I will assume you have finished the series, otherwise it is pretty stupid to ask questions.

Considering their father is a walking philosopher stone, it's sort of obvious why those 2 boys are inclined to be amazing at alchemy, they got the genes.

Mustang got tutored by Hawkeye's father, and as far as I'm concerned, he can't do anything without the tattoos on her back.

For the rest, I'm pretty sure you must be extremely talented in some field, and/or do massive research to be able to be an alchemist. And considering there is only 1 state alchemist made in a year, there are many candidates, but only few are selected to be the best.
Jul 13, 2014 8:20 PM

Mar 2014
I dont know if this is right, but I'm assuming Hawkeye doesn't use Alchemy because she is against it, she doesn't like ppl to use it, because she's seen the harm it has done, for example, what Kimblee did in Ishval.

In the original FMA it shows Ed go through various tasks/qualifications to become a state alchemist, and it's not likely that just anyone can become one, especially not a kid, however, Ed is extremely skilled, and does become a state alchemist. The first part of the test, I believe is a written test, then the next stage is evaluation, which is where Al stopped because he didn't want ppl to find out he didn't have a body. Then the last stage Ed uses his alchemy to show ppl what he's got. And he becomes a dog of the military, a state alchemist. I bet Al would have passed as well if he would have been able to go all the way through.

I'm assuming anyone can do alchemy if they learn how to. Some are just not advanced enough to be good at it, some ppl can't comprehend it as well as say Ed or Al.

I would say learning Alchemy is hard though, otherwise, more ppl in the fma world would be alchemists.
Jul 17, 2014 9:22 PM

Jun 2014
well i guess thats the flaw of the story, they didn't explained why other can use Alchemy while some are not. Like the Armstrong siblings, Olivier cant use while her lil bro Alex is a alchemist.
I made this post when im still on episode 18 or something.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

132 by Chewbaccaccino »»
Apr 21, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
Apr 19, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.