Forum Settings
Forums
The Empty Box and Zeroth Maria (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 21, 2016 4:52 PM

Jan 2016
Even though I wish for an adaptation, this is one of the examples of an unadaptable source material. If someone tries to adapt it, it will be a hard task to pull off.
Apr 21, 2016 8:33 PM

Sep 2010
CapitalistGod said:
Even though I wish for an adaptation, this is one of the examples of an unadaptable source material. If someone tries to adapt it, it will be a hard task to pull off.
There has been times when Higurashi has been deemed as unadaptable, and when Kara no Kyoukai has been deemed as not suitable for animezation (i.e. it can be adapted but it'll lose "spirit", it'll be boring, it'll not produce any "impact" on viewers).

There is such thing as shit taste. Only idiots think that every "work of art" should have the same value.

Persona anime are good. Deal with it.
Apr 22, 2016 12:03 AM

Jan 2015
kitsune0 said:
CapitalistGod said:
There has been times when Higurashi has been deemed as unadaptable, and when Kara no Kyoukai has been deemed as not suitable for animezation (i.e. it can be adapted but it'll lose "spirit", it'll be boring, it'll not produce any "impact" on viewers).

Would you say TV or Movie would be the best route for this series? Because the novels aren't really long in length so a movie per volume would sound about right.

xaos12 said:
Too difficult for an adaptation. Ofc it will make this novel popular, but the monologues are too difficult to handle. Maybe shaft or madhouse can help, but quite tricky.

The only volumes that would be easy to adapt would be "The King's Throne" Arc since visually most can be explained without monologues and the 2nd guessing nature of it makes what monologues we'd get more enthralling.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Apr 22, 2016 12:21 AM

Sep 2010
bobzanny said:
Would you say TV or Movie would be the best route for this series? Because the novels aren't really long in length so a movie per volume would sound about right.
I'd say 0VAs (like KnK) because you wouldn't be bound by time (no need to steadily produce next episodes) and length (no need to cut whole story to 23 minutes or 1.5 hours pieces).

There is such thing as shit taste. Only idiots think that every "work of art" should have the same value.

Apr 22, 2016 12:31 AM

Jan 2015
kitsune0 said:
bobzanny said:
I'd say 0VAs (like KnK) because you wouldn't be bound by time (no need to steadily produce next episodes) and length (no need to cut whole story to 23 minutes or 1.5 hours pieces).

OVA's like which series? Because Kara no Kyoukai was all movies. But considering the popularity of the series OVA's would probably be best so the studio can get a proper reaction from the fanbase without wasting too much money.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Apr 22, 2016 1:00 AM

Sep 2010
bobzanny said:
OVA's like which series? Because Kara no Kyoukai was all movies.
You're seeing at MAL's definitions, which are - well, let's say, not every time correct, because MAL is so MAL.
It's actually 0VAs. It's marked as movies only because it's first runs was theatrical releases. By all other standards it's your typical 0VAs - standardized neither in length nor in time release schedule. Movie, by typical current standards, should have at least 8O minutes, usually it's 9O or longer (that's why DC-Warner comix "movies" are not movies at all - it's all has a length of about 7O minutes, i.e. three typical episodes of animated series combined).
P.S. 0f course, KnK means Kara no Kyoukai, I've never shortening a title if it wasn't already mentioned just before.

Apr 8, 2020 8:51 AM
Jul 2019
Well it's 2020, so I doubt there will be one. And besides, the way the story flows, it can't be turned into an anime. And there are so much hidden details in the novel that an anime can't show it. You expect Kazuki to do a monologue every time? Yeah, that won't be good.

This is novel is like Mona Lisa, you can't copy it. You could, but nothing can top it.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Volume 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

TheHollowShrine - Jul 7, 2015

253 by Alvie48xi »»
Feb 26, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Volume 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

RadiGen - Sep 3, 2013

79 by Alvie48xi »»
Feb 24, 7:41 PM

Poll: » Volume 5 Discussion

RadiGen - Sep 3, 2013

37 by Alvie48xi »»
Feb 23, 8:16 AM

» The missing volumes

Perfectrockstar - Jul 4, 2021

4 by EmrysTatari »»
Feb 8, 1:36 PM

» Anime Adaptation possibility?

DarkHumor04 - Jan 11, 2022

14 by Hikool101 »»
Nov 20, 2023 9:52 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.