Mar 10, 2010 1:33 PM
Mar 2008
JadedGoth said:
Lol, Salim. You're kinda overstating it a li'l, no? =P

no, not at all, meri Jaan! what're you talking about? XD

Mr-Pumpkins said:
MAY THIS BE A HAPPY COUPLE,MASHALLAH.

you got it, mate!

@Behna: nice intro! way better than mine! adaab aur khush amdeed! =)

@-K0K0-: noooo, i'm noooot!!! >=@
Mar 10, 2010 3:20 PM

Dec 2008
@ SSS: Oo hoo, chalo good to know that you guys are such a loving couple. =P
Mar 11, 2010 12:26 AM

Sep 2008
eyerok (koreye backwards)
Karachi
Anime
Reading
whining
gaming
food
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Mar 12, 2010 10:07 AM

Aug 2009
-K0K0- said:

@ Behna: Khush amdeed Behna, I like your introduction. It took me a few seconds to comprehend such advance urdu (or so it seems to me) but it's very well put.

Exactly my thoughts. Great intro though!

And yes, my best future blessings on this amazing couple! <3
Mar 14, 2010 10:35 AM

Feb 2008
@ Adeel: Aww! That's SO sweet, Pumpkin! Thank you! Ot's rare to see you post such cutesy, sweetsy, girelsy stuff. *iLove*

@ Schezar: OMG, another Berserk fan! <3
Also, aap ka intro intehaayi maaloomaati saabat hua. Parhtay huay lutf aaya aur mehzooz bhi hui.

@Maling -K0K0-: Exactly my thoughts, lol. Also, yes, we ARE that loving. =)

@Maling k0k0: Aw, that made me smile. =)
Thanks so much, sweety! <3

@eyerok: It's been aaaaaaaaages! And that was a delightfully short & understandable intro. Awesome.
Mar 14, 2010 11:30 AM

Sep 2008
hehe yea...long time no 'read' :P
lame, I know...
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Mar 14, 2010 3:20 PM

Aug 2009
hey korai!
who's on your avvy????
Mar 15, 2010 2:17 AM

Sep 2008
Thorfinn from the Manga 'Vinland saga'
Mar 15, 2010 4:11 AM

Feb 2008
Oh, God. I just love the mangaka to bits! Vinland Saga is the shitz! Have you watched Planetes?
Mar 15, 2010 5:34 AM

Sep 2008
I've read planetes; I just had to after catching up to all the vinland saga chapters. The manga (planetes) was mind-blowing - it had all the right emotions. I've watched only like 3 eps of the anime but I couldnt bear it more than that. I think they completely screwed up the manga. I've got it on-hold though, and I'm planning to watch it as soon as I forget the manga :P
Mar 15, 2010 5:42 AM

Aug 2009
Thorfinn from Vinland...aaah right right right!
And seems like you two are having some fan moments. xD
Mar 15, 2010 10:45 AM

Feb 2008
@koreye: I meant exactly that! =P
The manga, as always, was brilliant. Just as Vinland Saga is. It's so unfair how anime adapted from the greatest manga can be totally worthless even after just 1 episode (that it becomes painful to watch). *sigh*
Lol, well, don't push/force yourself. XP

@Maling k0k0: Hell, YEAH! You should read it (IF you haven't, that is!).
...and, yup. =D
Awesome 'stuff' deserves fan moments, no? ;)
Mar 15, 2010 11:40 AM

Aug 2009
Haha, I don't usually go with mangas but i'll take a look if you insist. =)
Mar 15, 2010 1:12 PM

Feb 2008
I was never a manga fan myself but I started reading about 4-6 months ago and I just love it. It's goes something like this:
"Hmm, so what anime should I watch today?"
*looks up available anime*
"Nope, too long. Nope, too corny. Nope, too much harem for me. Nope, too dramatic for my tastes..."
*starts something, tries to get into the mood for it*
*watches a bit more*
*realizes she's only been 10 minutes into the anime and still hasn't clicked with it*
*grumbles & stops watching*
"Hmm, why not a manga? It should be relatively shorter..."
*starts reading One-Shots*
...et voila!
=D
So, if you aren't a manga fan (yet), I'd suggest you start by reading One-Shots and try getting into a rhythm until you can't stop! *evil laugh* >=D *fails* *cough, wheeze* *starts laughing, again* *realizes what a bad idea it was* =.='
Annnyywayyyy, hope that helps! =3
Mar 15, 2010 1:44 PM

Aug 2009
LOL!
Same's up with me. It's just too damn difficult to pick up a new anime. I donwload so many popular ones I want to watch but there's so much conflict in choosing that I end up watching something crappy and boring! =O

Ok then i'll give one shots a try
It's hard for hardcore anime onely fans to pick up manga y'know. xD
Mar 16, 2010 11:08 AM

Feb 2008
Yes, I know. Been there, remember? XP
Trust me, you'll slowly get into it. =D
...but try!
Mar 17, 2010 12:10 PM
Mar 2008
yo pumpkin!

if you liked Black Cat, you should check out Rurouni Kenshin, which (imho) is even BETTER!
it's because the author of Black Cat was heavily influenced by it which is no surprise, once you know that he worked as an assistant for the author of Kenshin! a small world we live in, huh? =D

so basically, i like Black Cat too but RK > BC! =P
Mar 17, 2010 12:14 PM
Apr 2009
Rurouni Kenshin, Tsuiokuhen is the best version.
Mar 17, 2010 12:17 PM

Aug 2009
@Pumpkin
It's already there in my PtW! =D And I intend to watch it soon too.

@Behna and SSS
You know i've been meaning to start on RK but the length and art of the series puts me off sometimes. Then again there are so many different movies and OVAs and i'm lost as to where to start from.
Any piece of advices?
Mar 17, 2010 12:20 PM
Apr 2009
Tsuiokuhen.
Mar 17, 2010 12:21 PM

Aug 2009
Schezar said:
Tsuiokuhen.

Just that? I don't need to watch the rest fo the episodes or anything?
If so then I shall gladly do.
Mar 17, 2010 12:28 PM
Apr 2009
Trust and Betrayal dekh kar sub kuch bachgaana lagta hae, par if you can watch 90+ episodes then do give the series a try!
Mar 17, 2010 1:01 PM

Feb 2008
Mr-Pumpkins said:
I have a coolest anime for you

its Black Cat
It's one of my favorite anime, as well. =3

k0k0 said:
Just that? I don't need to watch the rest fo the episodes or anything?
If so then I shall gladly do.
Believe me sweety, you won't regret it. If you're into samurai & swords, that is. It's a gorgeous manga/anime - the plot is captivating, the flow of the story intrigues you and just sucks you in, the art is lovely, as well.

Start with Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen, move on to Rurouni Kenshin, and finish with Rurouni Kenshin: Seisouhen. You don't need to watch the side stories or the alternate version. Oh, and, in case you're curious, the manga is even better. Actually, it's mind-blowing. <3
Mar 17, 2010 1:14 PM
Mar 2008
i beg to differ...

even though Tsuiokuhen is more realistic in terms of art, you can actually skip the pre- and sequel altogether! the original anime is still much more suited to capture the essence of the characters and the overall depth and flow of the story. since Tsuiokuhen is more of a summary and even though the anime may seem lengthy, there's so much comedic relief in between, you won't even notice the time flying by... yes, the art may be outdated but it really works FOR the storyline, not against (as in some other cases)!

Huma Jani's right though, the manga is a straight 10! =)
Mar 17, 2010 1:17 PM

Feb 2008
I agree with Salim but the reason I wrote that particular sequence is because I watched it the same way but, yes, there's no need to watch the 'prequel' nor the 'sequel' - the original anime is more than enough for anyone to get the plot/story-line.
Mar 17, 2010 2:13 PM

Aug 2009
OH well then, gotta give some priorities to it now!
Thanks guys! =)
Yessh, I LUFFLES samurai and swords! (with romance)
Mar 17, 2010 2:19 PM
Mar 2008
k0k0 said:

like me! =D
but the romance in this is quite subtle! don't worry, it's there, just meant to say: don't watch it for the romance ONLY, it IS a shounen after all...
Mar 17, 2010 3:46 PM

Aug 2009
SSS said:
k0k0 said:

like me! =D
but the romance in this is quite subtle! don't worry, it's there, just meant to say: don't watch it for the romance ONLY, it IS a shounen after all...

Ofcourse ofcourse. As long as it's there. =D
I'm more focused onto the adrenaline pumping action.
Mar 18, 2010 4:16 AM
Mar 2008
k0k0 said:
Ofcourse ofcourse. As long as it's there. =D
I'm more focused onto the adrenaline pumping action.

perfect! there'll be plenty of that! ;-)
Mar 18, 2010 5:47 AM
Apr 2009
I like my samurai and ninja in a more "serious" Anime, with little if not any jejune comedy, hence I preferred Trust and Betrayal.
Mar 18, 2010 10:15 AM

Sep 2008
I'd go with schezar here. Tsuikohen is on a completely different artistic level and its not just a summary, but something that can stand on its on. I started with the series and I really coudnt bear it. But I went on cuz ppl said the second season was the best. It had a few decent moments but I found the show to be boring, kiddish and quite ridiculous. If you call still shots with constipated sounds action, then yea the action in the series was amazing. And the humor was too goofish and silly for my taste. In short, the show was completely opposite of what I normally watch: mature seinen stuff which takes its audience seriously and doesnt treat them like 6 year olds with no brains.
But in the end I guess it all depends on taste. If you're a sucker for shounen 'action' with goofy humor, dont miss the series. If you're the seinen type, and you're looking for a samurai drama, look no further than Trust and Betrayal. If you're looking for some good samurai shows in general, samurai champloo, sword of the stranger and Afro samurai are pretty decent as well
Mar 18, 2010 10:35 AM

Feb 2008
I would agree with that: Tsuikohen is much better in terms of artistry & 'seriousness' (for people who are more into Seinen stuff). For me, I absolutely adored Seisouhen - not only was the art beautiful, it made me cry. *sigh*

Hm, I've yet to watch SC. Afro Samurai was pretty decent - I loved the art. It was pretty surreal, to say the least.
Mar 18, 2010 10:43 AM

Sep 2008
wha-? you still havent seen champloo :O
Mar 18, 2010 11:02 AM

Feb 2008
Lol, I get that ALL the time. I watched half of eppy 1 but got distracted with...Life. *sigh*
Not to worry! will finish it this week, 'kay? =D
I already love Mugen & Jin. <3
Mar 18, 2010 3:55 PM

Aug 2009
JADOOOO! FINISH WITH SC!!! =OOO

Oh and people, like many of you already know and agree with, i'm a dumbass. And I can't differntiate between specific anime terms.
Seinen, Yander, Loli (no wait, I DO know this one), mahoujo etc. I have no idea to what these terms apply and likewise, can't differentiate well between two, like seinen and shonen (they both are targeted at a male audience so wth?)
Mar 19, 2010 2:13 AM

Sep 2008
Shounen is aimed at a younger audience, boys in their teens mostly (Naruto, one piece, Bleach etc). Seinen has mature themes; concept, story and characters that are more realistic. Monster, Akira, Elfen lied, Berserk, hellsing and 20th centure boys are good examples of Seinen.

@Jaded - lol...you make it sound like I'm forcing you :P
Mar 19, 2010 4:41 AM

Aug 2009
Thankyou Korai! =)

What's yandere, tsundere and mahoujo stuff though?
Mar 19, 2010 6:31 AM
Apr 2009
I've heard of Mahou Shoujo, which is "magical girl".
Tsundere is another word for... oh dear I have to resist the temptation to swear... anyway, it describes a female who is all bossy and snobbish, to the point of being bloody annoying, at first, but towards the end of the Anime opens up to the male lead (read: luvluv desu~).
Yandere describes a character that is generally considered evil, but has a good side to it as well - one that is usually shown to the main character.
QuitMalMar 19, 2010 6:44 AM
Mar 19, 2010 8:13 AM

Aug 2009
Oh I see I see...
*notes all down*

Thankyou for the info behna. =)
I must dig into this stuff.

So the girl from bakemonogatari is a Tsundere AND a Yandere.
Mar 19, 2010 11:03 AM

Sep 2008
you can wiki it
Mar 19, 2010 11:04 AM
Apr 2009
lulz
Mar 19, 2010 11:18 AM

Sep 2008
:P
Mar 19, 2010 11:23 AM
Apr 2009
My reply wasn't enough? You hurt my ego. -_-
Mar 19, 2010 11:56 AM

Sep 2008
huh....?
Mar 19, 2010 11:58 AM

Aug 2009
Haha Korai, don't be tensed. Behnoo likes to play around with words. xD
Mar 19, 2010 12:01 PM

Dec 2008
MAYBE THIS IS TOTALLY OFF TOPIC (then again not) but umm why is every thread drifting away from it's topic. ^^"

I will take the honor of making two new threads for you guys to go all fangirl/boy crazy on. =D
Mar 19, 2010 12:04 PM

Sep 2008
whatre u talkin abt...we're discussing our latest member. His name is Rurouni Kenshin :P
Mar 19, 2010 12:04 PM

Aug 2009
HAHA great idea koks!
Mar 19, 2010 12:07 PM

Sep 2008
*sigh*...
Mar 19, 2010 12:10 PM

Dec 2008
@ Eyerok: lol oh he's def. the man but still his intro ain't worth 2 pages. ;P

@ Koko: TY. ;)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Ramadan Mubarak

blazinc - Apr 2, 2022

0 by blazinc »»
Apr 2, 2022 12:14 PM

» Shahzor Urdu Fighting Game *insert appropriate accent*

teenoli - Dec 21, 2011

6 by SushiPie »»
May 17, 2021 7:53 AM

» Ramadan Mubarak![late]

blazinc - Apr 19, 2021

0 by blazinc »»
Apr 19, 2021 7:53 AM

» Winter Animes

blazinc - Mar 22, 2021

0 by blazinc »»
Mar 22, 2021 2:21 AM

» What anime left the strongest impression on you? And for how long were you hungover it?

ShiroNeko89 - Feb 11, 2014

18 by removed-user »»
Jan 27, 2021 8:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.