Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Did you like the English Dub of Attack on Titan?(thoughts in the comments please)
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 16, 2016 7:15 AM
Dec 2013
but i choose dubs on most of the characters. pretty much everyone gives this dub some bs treatment. like most of the people not only contradict themselves but they don't seem to know how the characters are like especially when it comes to fancasting like travis willingham as both levi and erwin, maxey whitehead as armin, etc. like most of these voices don't fit the character's personalities and looks. i tried to agree with maxey on armin but her voice doesn't fit with armin when it comes to his big scenes. travis doesn't fit levi in general and he doesn't even fit with erwin's intelligence. i thought he would've done great with reiner. people for some reason mistakened mikasa for miKASA. i thought they were just mememing her name but they actually think that mikasa is mi casa despite them prouncing the name right in the sub. i also like to talk about the performances which they've criticized because the guys basically said that the vas in the show didn't give enough emotion nor anything else when clearly they did. with every screams of agony, tears, bravery, focus, etc. they actually express the right emotions with so much effort. i seriouasly doubt these people even watch the show and the way they criticize the voices haven't even watched most of funimation's works or haven't really known what the characters are like since most of the characters don't have any character until the second half of the manga which is season 2. what i do agree on are the titan screams and the dub on mikasa. the titan roars i have a problem with like many others gave their reasons but i welcome that change since they aren't really humans at all anymore and the dub for mikasa didn't seem like a good change as she sounds a bit emotional than what mikasa is suppose to be like trying to hide her emotion unless it deals with eren. i also found it funny how people complained back then that funimation uses the same voice actors when it has been that way in cartoons and other anime outside of funimation.
Apr 21, 2016 8:25 PM

Feb 2015
I think the dub is good, I watched it 38 times (SnK fan (.-. i watched the sub too, and I gotta say its the first time where i liked the dub more... the only voice i thought was off was Eld Gin... but you know, he's dead now
Apr 24, 2016 8:47 AM

Jul 2010
I felt more emotion coming from the Japanese voice actors, but the dub isn't horrible. I think they did a good job with it.
Jan 18, 11:30 AM
Aug 2023
Reply to NemuriNezumi
personally I adore the dub so far!

I even find some voices better than the originals to be honest (Mikasa, Annie, Sasha and let's not forget Erwin! darn I love their english voices so much! <33)

I would say it helped the fact that I only watched the anime once when it was airing and I restrained myself from re-watching it until the dub version was released because I didn't want to be biased while comparing both :x

because yeah, it's the inevitable "the first one you hear the one you prefer" but in my case I'd say the english dub sounds better and fits better the atmosphere of the show~

now let's just wait for the german dub
@NemuriNezumi so true dude.
I really prefer aot dub more
Jan 18, 11:32 AM
Aug 2023
Reply to mattbenz99
IntroverTurtle said:
Dub lovers are annoying. They always have to make threads whenever dub haters complain about dubs.
yes and it call could of been avoided if the dub haters wouldnt insult dubs
@mattbenz99 dub haters argument are so pathetic it really like they tell you how to enjoy anime
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.