Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 16, 2014 6:42 AM

Jun 2013
Okay so apparently in the LN text she is stated to have black hair that turns read, but in the anime its blue that turns read. If she had black hair it would make sense why she is called Black Rabbit, however, the LN images which I would assume the author approves of or at least sees have her with the same blue hair as the anime, and in fact there are 3 or 4 colored images that all show her with blue hair. So what gives? Does she have blue or black hair and if blue, why is she called Kuro usagi.

This kind of reminds of Tales of Vesperia, where Yuri is described to have black hair in game, but clearly has purple hair.
May 30, 2014 1:44 AM

Jul 2012
It's due to how a pure black looks when animated.

You won't see black missiles, you'll see a black projectile coated in purple usually, or a darker red/blue.

It's a clear deviation, but it's a necessary one to cut down on budget.
May 31, 2014 7:34 PM

Jun 2013
Tespith said:
It's due to how a pure black looks when animated.

You won't see black missiles, you'll see a black projectile coated in purple usually, or a darker red/blue.

It's a clear deviation, but it's a necessary one to cut down on budget.

With all due respect, no. Her color in the light novels and anime is a blue, and not even a super dark blueish black or purple, but clearly a lighter blue. That has nothing to do with color distortion. I have seen plenty of anime where they have black hair, and they have various shades of black hair, from black with grey tones, black with blue tones, and just black black. Kuro Usagi has blue hair , and its solidly blue and not some borderline mistake of a color. Are telling me the studio that did the anime, and the artist that did the light novel illustrations are the only two individuals in the world that can't put black onto the tv screen or onto a piece of paper?

https://www.google.com/search?q=kuro+usagi&client=firefox-a&hs=sHx&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=sb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=b5CKU7nwM8XgsATUsILAAQ&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=953

If anything Asuka has black hair, or at least dark brown hair that looks a lot closer to black than blue.

And yea black looks black.

https://www.google.com/search?q=black+hair+anime+characters&client=firefox-a&hs=GNx&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=sb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=vZGKU6eNIYHKsQS5v4HwCg&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=953

I suspect what actually happened is what happened with Index and stiyl, artist changed something and everyone went with never bothering to correct it.
Aug 10, 2014 12:42 AM

Jul 2012
Some animation production companies stay away from black as most black isn't black. The rest is speculation. I made it sound like I was too certain.

It's certainly not impossible to make black hair.
There may have been no discussion.
Thinking about it months later, it could easily be a sort of artist's prerogative.
Naming a character black rabbit then just making her wear some black, when she was written with black hair, is deviant enough that I can't think of a solid reason to which it was allowed.
Sep 25, 2014 5:55 PM
Jan 2012
I feel like somewhere it mentions that her hair is in fact black but it reflects the color of the sky and therefore appears to be blue. I'm not certain if that is 100% credible but I think an idea that I had to help explain it is that she is a moon rabbit. The moon reflects the rays from the sun and therefore has a glow. From that I believe that her hair could have the same properties which in turn reflects the light and because little garden is covered by many covers to allow for vampires(and other races) that it causes her hair to be blue instead of a white color. That's my guess and some information that I saw somewhere.
Sep 27, 2014 10:28 PM

Mar 2013
Her hair is black, but according to volume 7 the moonlight makes it appear blue.
. and to Tespith, her name is Kurousagi
if i am remembering correctly.
May 22, 2015 9:15 AM
Mar 2015
zalfuse said:
Her hair is black, but according to volume 7 the moonlight makes it appear blue.
. and to Tespith, her name is Kurousagi
if i am remembering correctly.

What Zalfuse said is true. She was born with pure Black Hair and it stuck with her. As she aged her hair got lighter due to absorbing moonlight.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2013

196 by Fazewally »»
Apr 2, 1:43 PM

Poll: » Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2013

348 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Nov 10, 2023 6:17 PM

Poll: » Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2013

128 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Nov 6, 2023 10:24 PM

Poll: » Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2013

111 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Nov 5, 2023 6:21 PM

Poll: » Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2013

110 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Nov 4, 2023 11:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.