Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 4, 2014 1:53 PM
Nov 2013
I just finished Ao no Exorcist and the movie, gave both 9's only because I want a second season that continues the manga.I'm in need of a new anime to watch and it would be great if you guys can recommend me some based off of my list or any recommendations from people with high compatibility with my list. I have a few anime in mind but idk if they're worth watching:
Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin
Toaru Majutsu no Index
Beelzebub (on hold at ep.2) (seems like it won't be a 9 or a 10)
Death Note (on hold at ep.2) (seems like it won't be a 9 or a 10)
May 4, 2014 2:18 PM

Feb 2013
bakemonogatari > nisemonogatari> nekomonogatari> monogatari 2nd season
(funny witty dialogues)
mekaku city actors (jsut 4 eps but looks very interessting) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XxS8APzdx8 the opening to it
^^^these 2 are from shaft and all shaft animes are all very unique and i think they have all similar humor (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jm-xrO2c_0 example scene for bakemonogatari)

you seem alos to like darker animes with a very well story here 2 examples
shinsekai yori
baccano (same writer as durarara, has many similarities)
My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
May 4, 2014 2:21 PM
Nov 2013
I don't like dark animes that much that's why Death Note doesn't seem as good to others as it does to me. It has to be a certain type of dark anime, like Psycho Pass. Other than that, any opinions on To Aru Majutsu no Index or Rainbow? Or any new recommendations?
May 4, 2014 2:27 PM

Feb 2013
index is pretty childish in many ways but it was very entertaining at least
maybe darker than black (it has very good action, and its serious in many aspects of espers

and to the darker thing you gave steins gate a 10 psycho pass a 10 code geass a 9, fate zero a 9 and they are not lighthearted so i thought i give you smth in this direction

if you want comedy you might give baka to test, world god only knows a try
if action well index is as i said enteretaining nothing wrong with watching it, but dont expect it to be an awesome spectacle like many other animes
sword art online (similar to log horizon but much more focus on romance)

eureka seven might be worth a shot, its pretty light hearted but a good story, fine characters, you might enjoy it
My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
May 4, 2014 2:29 PM
Nov 2013
Thanks for the recommendations, I've tried watching or watched the animes you recommended to me so I'll just keep searching. If Index is something that's not an awesome spectacle then I'll probably try Rainbow or maybe look into some other anime if I get more recommendations.
May 4, 2014 4:18 PM
Mar 2013
Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
One Piece: Omatsuri Danshaku to Himitsu no Shima - My favourite One Piece movie

EDIT: The first series of Clannad was hard to get through for me as well, it gets better and the 2nd season is REALLY worth watching.
May 4, 2014 4:29 PM
Nov 2013
shiddyhero said:
Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
One Piece: Omatsuri Danshaku to Himitsu no Shima - My favourite One Piece movie

EDIT: The first series of Clannad was hard to get through for me as well, it gets better and the 2nd season is REALLY worth watching.

Idk about Clannad, it's just so wierd and slow and I don't get it at all. That's why I only watch rom-coms and not wierd romances like this but if you really say so then I guess I'll try watching it again because I've seen a lot of people with high compatibility watched it. Other than Clannad, how about:
Kaze no Stigma
Death Note
Beelzebub
Rainbow
May 4, 2014 4:44 PM
Mar 2013
I have only seen Death Note & Beelzebub.
Beelzebub was pretty average for me, there's just way too many episodes for what it was. I wouldn't recommend watching it to anyone.
Death Note on the other hand is something else. It's really one of a kind and I'd recommend giving it high priority.
May 5, 2014 1:00 AM
Apr 2012
Rainbow
May 5, 2014 1:56 AM
Sep 2011
kobe2k248 said:
I don't like dark animes that much that's why Death Note doesn't seem as good to others as it does to me. It has to be a certain type of dark anime, like Psycho Pass. Other than that, any opinions on To Aru Majutsu no Index or Rainbow? Or any new recommendations?

Problem with Index is it spent so long on the shit arcs, rather then getting to the good stuff. As it is, its hard to recommend.

Deathnote is the best out of that list you posted
May 5, 2014 10:02 PM
Nov 2013
I ended up watching Rainbow, I'm on episode 8 and it's pretty good. Once I'm done I'll probably try to watch Death Note since it's only about 37 episodes? I think I'll give up on index, it doesn't seem too good anymore.

More topics from this board

» looking for mystery anime recommendations

Nemuri-no-Kogoro - 5 hours ago

2 by UberBat »»
2 hours ago

» what to watch after Lain

kerokero- - Sep 14

8 by JoeChip »»
3 hours ago

» Anime that fits this criteria? (or similar to GaoGaiGar)

GoldionHammer - Yesterday

10 by JoeChip »»
4 hours ago

» Romance Drama

AdityaRizkiS - Sep 15

6 by KyanBun »»
8 hours ago

» Looking for a certain shade of brown hair

Nagi_Karman - Yesterday

3 by mo_lave »»
Yesterday, 2:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.