Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 19, 2014 7:40 PM

Jan 2014
Moog- said:
No, I love myself and recognize my abilities, as well as my flaws.
Yeah, I have my problems, but I'm me and nobody else gets to say that. So ha! all you jealous jealous people.

The thing is, the problems about myself that I want to change, I can. And I am. I just don't pressure myself to change too fast or too unnaturally. Becoming a better person is a little by little endeavor. And making mistakes is a good thing too, it let's you know what areas in life you need to work on.

So I guess I can say I am comfortable with myself without being apathetic to my shortcomings.

In my mind that is true self esteem. I don't feel like I'm struggling with myself anymore.
Apr 19, 2014 7:41 PM
Dec 2013
I love myself.
Apr 20, 2014 5:32 AM

Dec 2013
Nope. I consider myself to be the king of self-esteem and why wouldn't I be? I'm the definition of perfect ;)

Sometimes people say I have too much
Immahnoob said:
They say Jesus walked on water.
People are made out of 79% water.
I can walk on people.
So I am 79% Jesus.
Sourire said:
I once fucked an apple pie.
Apr 20, 2014 5:44 AM

Jan 2012
I almost feel like I have too much pride in myself. T.T *Cringes*
Live, Laugh, Love.

Apr 20, 2014 5:48 AM
Apr 2014
Endycia said:
LadyRenly said:
Perhaps I do.

Develop, I find lots of enjoyment in asking these kinds of questions, it allows me to understand people better.

Out of curiosity, do you ever play around with people, I.e. Manipulation, or things like creating interesting social situations to see how people react?
Apr 20, 2014 5:54 AM
Apr 20, 2014 5:56 AM

Jun 2013
Sometimes in social situations, yes. I generally do fine around friends. However, when it's a matter of.. um.. relationships, I'm like "Who the hell do I think I am, wanting her for myself?". And that's why I don't have any.
If you generalize, you're wrong.
Apr 20, 2014 5:58 AM

Aug 2013
Jackrabb1t said:
Moog- said:
Yeah, I have my problems, but I'm me and nobody else gets to say that. So ha! all you jealous jealous people.

The thing is, the problems about myself that I want to change, I can. And I am. I just don't pressure myself to change too fast or too unnaturally. Becoming a better person is a little by little endeavor. And making mistakes is a good thing too, it let's you know what areas in life you need to work on.

So I guess I can say I am comfortable with myself without being apathetic to my shortcomings.

In my mind that is true self esteem. I don't feel like I'm struggling with myself anymore.

Good post, and I can agree with that. I think that a lot of people give themselves unrealistic expectations of what's supposed to be "acceptable" for them, and they probably also obsess over comparing themselves to others, rather than recognizing their own personality for what it is. This creates a lot of unneeded stress, and it becomes difficult to grow and develop as a person.

Recognize your abilities, and be wary of your flaws. Be comfortable in your own skin. That's true self esteem indeed.
MoogApr 20, 2014 6:02 AM
Apr 20, 2014 3:05 PM
Jan 2014
Moog- said:
Jackrabb1t said:
Moog- said:

Good post, and I can agree with that. I think that a lot of people give themselves unrealistic expectations of what's supposed to be "acceptable" for them, and they probably also obsess over comparing themselves to others, rather than recognizing their own personality for what it is. This creates a lot of unneeded stress, and it becomes difficult to grow and develop as a person.

Recognize your abilities, and be wary of your flaws. Be comfortable in your own skin. That's true self esteem indeed.

That's quite a realistic way of approaching things and I like it.
Apr 20, 2014 3:49 PM

May 2013
No, my self esteem is not low. I am quite happy with the way I am and while I know that I am not very good at some things I have many skills and recognize those :)
Bokura wa Minna Ikiteiru
Apr 20, 2014 4:04 PM

Feb 2013
My negativity level is at 99.7%.
My self esteem level is at 00.3%.
So yes, I guess I don't have enough.
Apr 20, 2014 5:33 PM

Jun 2011
In most cases, yes. I do have the tendency of putting myself below most people because of my constant focus on my own flaws no matter how hard I try to tell myself otherwise. Preventing failure rather than attaining success seems to be my focus lately. Whenever I look back at my past all I can see are mistakes. This mainly applies to social situations (usually not around friends or family), otherwise my self-esteem is alright. Probably why I'm an introvert.

Apr 20, 2014 5:39 PM
Jan 2014
No, I dont.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you hide or deny your dark side to others or society?

deg - Today

29 by cyandaqil »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

62 by 707supremacist »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

41 by 707supremacist »»
12 minutes ago

» Do you think there should be an age limit on friendship?

Thy-Veseveia - Feb 28

38 by cody »»
40 minutes ago

» proxy

jackfrostenson - 1 hour ago

1 by vasipi4946 »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.