Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 14, 2014 6:06 PM
Jul 2013
I want to read watch these the most:

Time Travel (or Historical/Samurai/Ninja/Arabian Prince etc.)/Romance

Fantasy/Adventure/Romance

Action/Adventure/Friendship(or sports/camaraderie)

But anything outside those Genres that you think are interesting would be fine too, I'm just super bored ahaha...

The only restrictions I put is no Yaoi(shounen Ai) or Yuri(Shoujo Ai)
Also it's fine if someone in the plot is Yaoi/Yuri as long as it's not the main characters, I have nothing against those relationships but I find it hard to uh how do I say it? "link" to it I guess? Sorry if this is offensive in any way ><
Honestly, if you think it's really good I might go try it anyways, I mean I loved No.6 so I might like some others like that.
No Hentai
Smut is OK as long as it doesn't obscure the plot too much

Don't worry about picking old manga from like the 1980's or something because I like those too! I usually don't judge too much from art style, I find it's fun to get to know new ones!

Thank you in advance! ^^

Edit: my anime list is mostly up-to-date but my manga list is no where near close, so if you suggest something I might have already read it, but don't be scared to suggest anything even if you think it's well known enough for me to have read it, I might not have!

Edit: I really do prefer romances from girl point of view (female pro-tag). And, although I know it's sort of hypocritical because I watch/read reverse-harem, I usually don't like stories that are regular harem ^^" sorry >< but thank you for the suggestions anyways

Edit: Also age-gap romances are really cute, I prefer older-guy/younger girl but have read some good ones that are older girl/younger guy!
The min age for the youngest is 12 (as long as there aren't any explicit scenes ><) the max for older character is 30-45-ish depending on how old the other is (the only really REALLY old person romance I've watched is Ristorante Paradiso and that was not too bad)
If the older person is immortal/vampire or what-have-you their age does not matter :)
PenellopeApr 16, 2014 6:39 PM
Apr 14, 2014 6:10 PM
Apr 2013
Anime

Zipang
Cross Game
Apr 14, 2014 6:19 PM
Jul 2013
worldeditor11 said:
Anime

Zipang
Cross Game

Oh Thank you! Cross game remind me of Case Closed's art style! I'll def check that out :)
Apr 15, 2014 5:25 PM
Jul 2013
Kirie_Himuro said:
Maybe try the Threads of Time manhwa? it has time travel and a romantic subplot.

I see you liked Red River and Kanata Kara so you might want to try Basara.

I would also suggest Rose of Versailles to you although it's not entirely what you asked for it does have romance and it's historical.

There's two 80's movies you might want to try that have fantasy and romance "Windaria" and "The Sea Prince and the Fire Child"

Romeo and the Black Brothers has friendship involved with a historical setting mixed with adventure.

Hopefully something looks interesting to you.

I have read most of Basara, I might go finish i now although the plot point I'm at right now makes me upset (UGGH Dramatic Irony HURTTS)

I tried Rose of Versailles, but got impatient waiting for the romance part so i googled to see if there was any and ended up spoiling it for myself, and now since i know how sad it's going to be i've been avoiding it >.>

The Windaria movie looks pretty interesting so I'll go check it out!

I'll add Romeo and The Black Brothers to my list of things to watch, Right now I really just feel like watching romances but I'll probably swing back into wanting to watch something friendship-y before long :)

Thank you so much for the recommendations!
Apr 15, 2014 5:32 PM

Apr 2013
orange marmalade

Superior

Unbalance x Unbalance

Michiko to Hatchin

Baccano!

Musekinin Kanchou Tylor

Mahoromatic

Nodame Cantabile(music sub for sports lol)

R.O.D the TV

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (just the first season and movie, watch the second season at your own risk)

Tasogare Otome x Amnesia
Apr 15, 2014 6:29 PM

Aug 2009
Manga/Manwha:
Blue Haze
Tower of God
Eden no Ori
Gantz
Mahou Sensei Negima!
Kurohime
Mx0
The Legend of Maian

Anime:
Basilisk: Kouga Ninpou Chou
Beck
Black Lagoon
Hajime no Ippo(try manga as well)
Star Driver
Tokyo Ravens
Apr 16, 2014 3:33 PM
Jul 2013
Ninjapiratehobo said:
orange marmalade

Superior

Unbalance x Unbalance

Michiko to Hatchin

Baccano!

Musekinin Kanchou Tylor

Mahoromatic

Nodame Cantabile(music sub for sports lol)

R.O.D the TV

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (just the first season and movie, watch the second season at your own risk)

Tasogare Otome x Amnesia

Ohh I've read/seen a lot of these! I like a lot of them (Expecially Superior) so I'll for sure check out the others :D
Apr 16, 2014 3:37 PM
Jul 2013
TensaiShonen said:
Manga/Manwha:
Blue Haze
Tower of God
Eden no Ori
Gantz
Mahou Sensei Negima!
Kurohime
Mx0
The Legend of Maian

Anime:
Basilisk: Kouga Ninpou Chou
Beck
Black Lagoon
Hajime no Ippo(try manga as well)
Star Driver
Tokyo Ravens

I've read all (that's out) of Tower of God, and I'm trying to catch up on Blue Haze, is Basilisk the one where the main character/or first person's wife dies? Because that made me cry and I stopped watching it D: maybe I'll try it again =w=
Thank you!
Apr 16, 2014 5:38 PM

Aug 2009
Penellope said:

I've read all (that's out) of Tower of God, and I'm trying to catch up on Blue Haze, is Basilisk the one where the main character/or first person's wife dies? Because that made me cry and I stopped watching it D: maybe I'll try it again =w=
Thank you!

Basilisk is pretty much the Japanese version of Romeo & Juliet but with ninjas. If you know how R&J pans out, well I guess you'll know how Basilisk will turn out, It's the production value in between that makes the series special for me I guess(hence my rec).

Also forgot to mention Oda Nobuna no Yabou which falls under your time travel/historical/samurai criteria. It's a fun anime to watch and considering its done by Madhouse, the production value is excellent.
Apr 16, 2014 5:55 PM

May 2013
Manga/Manhwa
Bokura no Kiseki (Really enjoyed this one) Highly recommended.
Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (highly recommended)
Kangoku Gakuen (Really enjoyed this one too) Highly recommended.
Medaka Box
KONO S O, MI YO!
Orange Marmalade
Ga-Rei
Wagatsuma-san wa Ore no Yome
Countrouble
Apr 16, 2014 6:31 PM
Jul 2013
TensaiShonen said:

Basilisk is pretty much the Japanese version of Romeo & Juliet but with ninjas. If you know how R&J pans out, well I guess you'll know how Basilisk will turn out, It's the production value in between that makes the series special for me I guess(hence my rec).

Also forgot to mention Oda Nobuna no Yabou which falls under your time travel/historical/samurai criteria. It's a fun anime to watch and considering its done by Madhouse, the production value is excellent.

Ohh I see, I'll have to reconsider Basilisk then ahaha I hate lovers dying *cries* but I usually watch then anyways ahaha...

Hmm I'll try the nobunaga one, since I loooove nobunaga, But I forgot to mention that i prefer romance to be from the girl point of view, but I do love guy-point-of-view ones mostly too so I'll check it out anyways!
Thank youuuu!!

More topics from this board

» Any anime with a despicable/contemptible villain?

Gfralp - 4 hours ago

3 by Spunkert »»
59 minutes ago

» looking for anime recommendations from people who has similar taste

windyshadow - Apr 21

21 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
2 hours ago

» Anime recommendations please

MeZaDefined - Apr 24

2 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
2 hours ago

» RomCom Suggestions for someone who's seen a lot of em

Benassiesto - Yesterday

7 by Tsuyatoash »»
3 hours ago

» Almost cyberpunk sci-fi anime

Eternal-Destiny - Yesterday

4 by Zarutaku »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.