Forum Settings
Forums

Anti Troll & Alt/Dup Account Review Voting - Private Comment

New
Aug 27, 2014 10:10 AM

Mar 2013
I have updated the first/opening post on the matter. Truth be told, it's been a long time since the thread's creation, so I might completely update the opening post as a whole, now that I see a few mistakes in it and points shared not being precise enough.
Aug 27, 2014 3:11 PM

Jul 2014
I even suspect the "helpful" and "not helpful" has spontaneous bug. A while back, I remember that a review I rated went from 15/41 to 16/42, which is normal and will usually return to the initial rating after refreshing the page; but about three hours later, it was then showing 15/42. I know it takes some time for the value to permanently update, but after three hours it should definitely have updated. I searched the forum and found a thread that implied this problem was not uncommon back in 2011/2012.
Aug 27, 2014 10:16 PM

Mar 2013
Hello, anime_papa. I highly recommend you to click the link in my forums signature and check the club out (Subpyro's Review Suggestions). In specific, check the Handy Review Tips, Hints & FAQ sticky thread. The matter of how and why is explained there. Look at the question no.5 for the matter at hand, "How can I see the correct current rating my review has?" The main point lies in a vote being stuck. After you've voted on the review, that previous vote got pushed through but your vote is the one stuck now.
SubbedAug 27, 2014 10:36 PM
Aug 27, 2014 11:04 PM

Jul 2014
Subpyro said:
Hello, anime_papa. I highly recommend you to click the link in my forums signature and check the club out (Subpyro's Review Suggestions). In specific, check the Handy Review Tips, Hints & FAQ sticky thread. The matter of how and why is explained there. Look at the question no.5 for the matter at hand, "How can I see the correct current rating my review has?" The main point lies in a vote being stuck. After you've voted on the review, that previous vote got pushed through but your vote is the one stuck now.

Thanks for directing me to your FAQ page. I kind of noticed that "my reviews" page updates the fastest by observing the votings on my only two reviews, but I haven't seen any vote that took longer than an hour to update on every other place where it's visible on MAL. Besides, since the review I was talking about was not mine, I can't know how things changed on their "my review" page. I don't currently remember the particular review that this happened, but I remember checking back on it some hours after voting and it was still 'bugged'. The only explanation would be that my vote was stuck there for hours (which I have not witnessed with my own reviews) or it got counted wrongly.
Aug 27, 2014 11:15 PM

Mar 2013
anime_papa said:
The only explanation would be that my vote was stuck there for hours (which I have not witnessed with my own reviews) or it got counted wrongly.

Votes get stuck for days if they are not pushed forward by another vote. Also, you can never really know that hasn't happened to you. Even now, a vote can be stuck that has been cast on one of your reviews, yet the result isn't displaying. But it's not big of a deal, they all appear at one point. One thing's for certain, the count doesn't count incorrectly. There were quite a few topics open on that matter, but it was always proven to be the matter of votes being stuck and pushed onward. I've done hours of examinations on that matter (have to brag).

shadowtsunami said:
Yeah, I'm just saying it sucks that we have to think of a non-code based solution.

I'm still doing that, daily. As silly as it may sound, it has yet to deliver any fruit. Therefore, yeah, "it sucks" might be a good way of putting it.
Aug 28, 2014 8:53 AM

Jul 2014
Subpyro said:

Votes get stuck for days if they are not pushed forward by another vote. Also, you can never really know that hasn't happened to you. Even now, a vote can be stuck that has been cast on one of your reviews, yet the result isn't displaying. But it's not big of a deal, they all appear at one point. One thing's for certain, the count doesn't count incorrectly. There were quite a few topics open on that matter, but it was always proven to be the matter of votes being stuck and pushed onward. I've done hours of examinations on that matter (have to brag).

Oh, now I understand what you mean. I thought "getting stuck" meant appearing on "my reviews" page without updating everywhere else on MAL.
Aug 28, 2014 8:56 AM

Mar 2013
anime_papa said:
Oh, now I understand what you mean. I thought "getting stuck" meant appearing on "my reviews" page without updating everywhere else on MAL.

It would be great if you could read the thread in my club, it's explained down to detail about how things are and run there.

More topics from this board

» Add the option to change profile favorites pictures

k1rb - Oct 21, 2022

19 by k1rb »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Add list setting to make notes private (on public lists)

S_h_a_r_k_93 - Nov 12, 2022

25 by anonymate »»
Apr 24, 9:57 PM

» Add number of episodes and number of members in the advanced search.

Yacine2104 - Jan 10

8 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 24, 12:26 PM

» Local Language districts

kuroneko99 - Apr 22

5 by Luchipher-Zen »»
Apr 23, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Change picture of favorite character ( 1 2 )

gehoti2822 - Nov 12, 2022

60 by AgravityBoy »»
Apr 23, 9:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.