Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Tsubasa Omnibus
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 3, 2008 10:02 AM

Sep 2007
Wow, you can see how good TTR is with all the fansubs competing. There are currently 3 groups who have done OVA 01 and I'd like to know your pick. Well, here's the rundown:

Shinsen-Subs
Well, nobody beats them at releasing TTR first. However, if you understand a bit of Japanese, you'll notice that they translate some sentences and phrases inaccurately. More like, they translate the "implied" thought of the dialogue, rather than following the actual script. Their release also lacked sound and they missed 2 lines for the English lyrics of the OP song. Video was also blurry. Subtitles are plain, but easy to read.

AnimeONE & Diffusion
This was the second group who released TTR. I must say, they had the best OP/ED karaokes. When it comes to the translations, they did have a small mistake of translating "Record City" to "Recolt City". The sound quality is way better and video is more sharp and crisp. Subtitles are easy to read and change colors as different characters speak.

Conclave Fansubs & Mendoi Fansubs
Who else doesn't know this group? Don't we just wish they stay fused permanently? Anyway, they are currently the latest fansub who released TTR. OP/ED karaokes are also very good. Perhaps, they rank 2nd in that part. Translation-wise, they pretty much got the terms right. Like AonE-Diffusion, they followed the script accurately. The best sound quality is with this group and video quality is pretty much the same with the previous fansub, although Menclave's release was at 704x400 as opposed to AonE-Diffusion's 700x396. It's not much of a big difference, but it still counts. Subtitles aren't as flashy with the colors, but they are very easy to read.
Jan 4, 2008 9:21 AM

Jul 2007
I must say that the only ones who did a rightful translation(well, for me at least) were DATS...

Shinsen comes the last, although i was happy that they did it really fast, there were too many mistakes...
Jan 4, 2008 9:35 PM

Sep 2007
Oh, can you give me an MU link or something? The torrent for DATS only had 1 seed. >.< I'm really picky when it comes to accuracy of translations. :P
Jan 6, 2008 1:48 AM

Jul 2007
Well there are two torrents - one .mkv version and one .avi version. Did you try both?

there's also MU versions for both versions:

*links removed*

AhenshihaelJan 6, 2008 5:55 AM
Jan 6, 2008 5:56 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Fai said:
Well there are two torrents - one .mkv version and one .avi version. Did you try both?

there's also MU versions for both versions:

You agreed not to post direct links to downloads. I removed them.

Please make sure it doesn't happen again.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 6, 2008 12:31 PM

Jul 2007
god...oh well

@kathy
you could find these links at forums in DATS website I guess...

More topics from this board

» watch order to link tsubasa with xxxholic

kay84 - Jan 8, 2022

5 by VampireLine »»
Feb 8, 10:13 PM

Poll: » Status poll about Tsubasa: Tokyo Revelations

KingSunWukong - Jan 9

3 by MeatBallHead_78 »»
Jan 10, 9:20 AM

Poll: » How would you rate the opening of Tsubasa: Tokyo Revelations ?

KingSunWukong - Dec 14, 2023

0 by KingSunWukong »»
Dec 14, 2023 1:22 AM

» How dark, violent, brutal, bloody, gore, emotional, sad, gritty and mature and cut content are the arcs preceding the "Tokyo Revelations" arc in the manga compared to the animated television series and the "Tokyo Revelations" arc onwards ?

KingSunWukong - Oct 30, 2023

2 by MeatBallHead_78 »»
Nov 2, 2023 6:36 AM

» Reboot?

Yuuki-Manaka - Jul 12, 2021

4 by LordYozefu »»
Aug 8, 2021 11:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.