Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 12, 2009 11:08 PM

May 2009
Apololypta

not really new to be discovered, but i listened to 'em more today than ever?

.[We Are The Ocean]. - "Nothing Good Has Happened Yet"
Aug 13, 2009 3:33 AM

Oct 2008
The most recent band I discovered is Versailles and one day later the bassist, Jasmine You died. It's very sad :(
Aug 13, 2009 9:52 AM

May 2009
I just found

The Follow Through :')

Aug 13, 2009 12:54 PM

Jun 2009
Ontario said:
Pierre_Bezukhov said:
Ontario said:
Pierre_Bezukhov said:
Ontario said:

(videos)

I wouldn't normally listen to this kind of music, but I like it.

Some decent stuff, but not my type of ambient.

Would you care to share what your "type of ambient" is then? :P

Sure, but after I listened to the stuff you posted again, I started to (really) like it. Especially the second one.

I posted my type of ambient on the page before, but here's some more:
Slug - Passengers (Brian Eno with U2). The entire album is apsolutely amazing.
[video]
Music For Airports (2/2) - Brian Eno
[video]

Actually, the 1st and 3rd songs aren't even ambient. They belong to a genre called dubstep, which I'm slowly getting into. I think you should check it out (if you haven't already). I recommend Burial, Burial & Four Tet, Joker, and Mount Kimbie.

[video]

The first video you posted was actually pretty good. I'm not too big of a fan of U2, but I liked Bono in this particular song. It was very calming, smooth like. The video accompanying it was pretty rad to. Some nice trippy space movie effects.

The second vid wasn't as good as the first one. I don't know what it is, but I just don't like the sounds used in this song (sounds kinda weird, I know). Sort of does sound like it belongs in an airport, though.

Do you have a last.fm account? Would love to see what you listen to.

I've actually just started getting into electronic music (really any experimental music too) a few months ago after switching over from my many years as a metal-head (I still enjoy it, but I don't solely concentrate there). So I really don't know too much about it, mostly since my range of what I've listened to is confinded to Pandora radio.

I created a last.fm account right after you mentioned it, but I don't really like it so far since I can only create one multiple artist station (but I haven't tried much on the site anyways since I'm at work, but I'll give it more of a try later). Below are my Pandora radio stations (if it wasn't blocked to everyone outside of the US, then I would link you up with my account).

Pandora radio stations: (italicized indicates rarely listened to, bold means often)
-A Day at the Races (rap, based off the video of the same name on the 1st page, so probably expand it to make it my abstract hip-hop station)
-Aphex Twin (Aphex Twin+Passengers+Brian Eno, just created it today and have been listening to it ever since)(experimental/ambient).
-The Aquabats (ska)
-The Boxer Rebellion
-Children of Bodom (Scandanavian metal, used to listen to a lot).
-The Clash (though I do listen to the album London Calling a lot)
-Coldplay
-Dragonforce
-Dream Theater
-Helloween (European power metal)
-Juno Reactor(Juno Reactor+Infected Mushroom+Astral Projection)(psy-trance)
-Lazy Eye
-Metallica
-Muse
-Rage Against the Machine
-Rise Against
-Robert Johnson (Blues, made it after reading Me and the Devil Blues)
-The Shins
-The Strokes
-Romantic (classical, works such as Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Shubert, and the such)
-Tiesto (progressive trance)
-Trains (based off the song by Porcupine Tree)

As you can see, there is a wide variety of stations. Simply looking at them doesn't really describe what I listen to though. Working in an office all summer has really expanded my range and interest since I has access to wikipedia, youtube, and pandora. I've still been trying to define my taste, all I can say is that I like cerebral stuff. Of what else I listen to that isn't on my list mostly is the obscure sub-genres such as Krautrock, Suomisaundi, the more experimental works, and also specfic songs. I just started listen to Animal Collective today too. Below is an attempt to encapsulate my music tastes from about a year ago. It is really outdated, but is helpful and forms a good foundation. I plan on updating it though in the next week. Last thing of noting, I don't pay any attention to the lyrics since I mostly started listening to music with classical, AC/DC, and metal.

Pierre Bezukhov's Facebook said:
In order for me to like the music I am listing to, it must fulfill these requirements:
1. Be creative and original
2. The structure of the song must be complex, multilayered, and evolving. But by saying this, I might be raising the standard too high. But I mean that it cannot be simple and must change as the song progresses.
3. Most importantly, it must be EMOTIONAL. If the music brings out my feeling to such an extend, it doesn't matter whether it qualifies for the other requirements, I still like it.
4. The last requirement is that it must be ear-piercing. The music must be smooth-flowing.

With these requirements, my taste tends to roam though the genres. I tend to stick to classical music and metal (with a handfull of general rock thrown in, but I'm picky about which ones). My favorite artist happens to be the (very, very) obscure French romantic compose Charles- Valentin Alkan (simply known in the music world as Alkan). My favorite band is Children of Bodom, Helloween, Metallica, and the sort. Other places I dip my feet in is ska (The Aquabats), classic rock (Boston, Led Zepplin, AC/DC), and a bunch of others. For people who still don't understand the requirements, the perfect example is Dmitri Shostakovich's 8th Symphony, 3rd movement (you can find it on youtube in the video entitled Dmitri Shostaovich).

On another note, here are some more songs:
Mushroom - Can (from the classic album Tago Mago, hugely influential in the development of Krautrock)

My Girls - Animal Collective (you've probably already heard this, but I love it after only one day).

Dmitri Shostakovich (see Facebook quote)

Pierre_BezukhovAug 13, 2009 1:13 PM
"In the Beginning, the creative energy radiates from within."
-
No, no. That's Lame. Sounds like something out of a Jodorowsky comic.

The Tokusyu Manga Club - Features alternative comics/avant-garde comics/outsider comics/psychdelic comics/surrealistic comics/underground comics + La Nouvelle Manga (part of Alternative).

If I'm here, its because I have nothing better to do.
Aug 13, 2009 8:45 PM

Jun 2008
Pierre_Bezukhov said:
Ontario said:
Pierre_Bezukhov said:
Ontario said:
Pierre_Bezukhov said:
Ontario said:

(videos)

I wouldn't normally listen to this kind of music, but I like it.

Some decent stuff, but not my type of ambient.

Would you care to share what your "type of ambient" is then? :P

Sure, but after I listened to the stuff you posted again, I started to (really) like it. Especially the second one.

I posted my type of ambient on the page before, but here's some more:
Slug - Passengers (Brian Eno with U2). The entire album is apsolutely amazing.
[video]
Music For Airports (2/2) - Brian Eno
[video]

Actually, the 1st and 3rd songs aren't even ambient. They belong to a genre called dubstep, which I'm slowly getting into. I think you should check it out (if you haven't already). I recommend Burial, Burial & Four Tet, Joker, and Mount Kimbie.

[video]

The first video you posted was actually pretty good. I'm not too big of a fan of U2, but I liked Bono in this particular song. It was very calming, smooth like. The video accompanying it was pretty rad to. Some nice trippy space movie effects.

The second vid wasn't as good as the first one. I don't know what it is, but I just don't like the sounds used in this song (sounds kinda weird, I know). Sort of does sound like it belongs in an airport, though.

Do you have a last.fm account? Would love to see what you listen to.

I've actually just started getting into electronic music (really any experimental music too) a few months ago after switching over from my many years as a metal-head (I still enjoy it, but I don't solely concentrate there). So I really don't know too much about it, mostly since my range of what I've listened to is confinded to Pandora radio.

I created a last.fm account right after you mentioned it, but I don't really like it so far since I can only create one multiple artist station (but I haven't tried much on the site anyways since I'm at work, but I'll give it more of a try later). Below are my Pandora radio stations (if it wasn't blocked to everyone outside of the US, then I would link you up with my account).

Pandora radio stations: (italicized indicates rarely listened to, bold means often)
-A Day at the Races (rap, based off the video of the same name on the 1st page, so probably expand it to make it my abstract hip-hop station)
-Aphex Twin (Aphex Twin+Passengers+Brian Eno, just created it today and have been listening to it ever since)(experimental/ambient).
-The Aquabats (ska)
-The Boxer Rebellion
-Children of Bodom (Scandanavian metal, used to listen to a lot).
-The Clash (though I do listen to the album London Calling a lot)
-Coldplay
-Dragonforce
-Dream Theater
-Helloween (European power metal)
-Juno Reactor(Juno Reactor+Infected Mushroom+Astral Projection)(psy-trance)
-Lazy Eye
-Metallica
-Muse
-Rage Against the Machine
-Rise Against
-Robert Johnson (Blues, made it after reading Me and the Devil Blues)
-The Shins
-The Strokes
-Romantic (classical, works such as Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Shubert, and the such)
-Tiesto (progressive trance)
-Trains (based off the song by Porcupine Tree)

As you can see, there is a wide variety of stations. Simply looking at them doesn't really describe what I listen to though. Working in an office all summer has really expanded my range and interest since I has access to wikipedia, youtube, and pandora. I've still been trying to define my taste, all I can say is that I like cerebral stuff. Of what else I listen to that isn't on my list mostly is the obscure sub-genres such as Krautrock, Suomisaundi, the more experimental works, and also specfic songs. I just started listen to Animal Collective today too. Below is an attempt to encapsulate my music tastes from about a year ago. It is really outdated, but is helpful and forms a good foundation. I plan on updating it though in the next week. Last thing of noting, I don't pay any attention to the lyrics since I mostly started listening to music with classical, AC/DC, and metal.

Pierre Bezukhov's Facebook said:
In order for me to like the music I am listing to, it must fulfill these requirements:
1. Be creative and original
2. The structure of the song must be complex, multilayered, and evolving. But by saying this, I might be raising the standard too high. But I mean that it cannot be simple and must change as the song progresses.
3. Most importantly, it must be EMOTIONAL. If the music brings out my feeling to such an extend, it doesn't matter whether it qualifies for the other requirements, I still like it.
4. The last requirement is that it must be ear-piercing. The music must be smooth-flowing.

With these requirements, my taste tends to roam though the genres. I tend to stick to classical music and metal (with a handfull of general rock thrown in, but I'm picky about which ones). My favorite artist happens to be the (very, very) obscure French romantic compose Charles- Valentin Alkan (simply known in the music world as Alkan). My favorite band is Children of Bodom, Helloween, Metallica, and the sort. Other places I dip my feet in is ska (The Aquabats), classic rock (Boston, Led Zepplin, AC/DC), and a bunch of others. For people who still don't understand the requirements, the perfect example is Dmitri Shostakovich's 8th Symphony, 3rd movement (you can find it on youtube in the video entitled Dmitri Shostaovich).

On another note, here are some more songs:
Mushroom - Can (from the classic album Tago Mago, hugely influential in the development of Krautrock)

[video 1]

My Girls - Animal Collective (you've probably already heard this, but I love it after only one day).

[video 2]

Dmitri Shostakovich (see Facebook quote)

[video 3]

I'm a fan of electronic music, so if you need some recommendations, I can help a bit. My electro knowledge isn't that great, but I'm sure I could help. I'm not too much of a metal fan (some progressive metal is alright), but I guess I haven't really listened to too much metal to judge the genre yet.

I wish I could use Pandora, but I'm in Canada, so I can't use it. I should be able to, I live like an hour away from the US. Wonder why they don't let Canadians in...

It's a shame, I don't really listen to or like the your pandora bands (except for Aphex Twin). I've always wanted to give infected mushroom a try though.

I know what you mean when you it doesn't describe you're music tastes. I'm sure if people see that I list to deathcore and think it's shit, then they will assume the rest of what I listen to is shit also. I do listen to deathcore, but I listen to other kinds of music too. Especially dubstep and electronic. It kinda bugs me when people are branded with one genre. I haven't heard of those two sub genres until you mentioned. Suomisaundi looks pretty cool, and seems pretty obscure. None of the bands in this genre have over 100,000 plays, which I find kind of funny (not in a bad way though). Looks like good music to listen to when you're high.

I love Animal Collective. If Animal Collective was a woman, I would have it's babies by now. Strawberry Jam is a wonderful album.

My requirements are quite different from the ones you posted. As long as it has a good beat, is really weird, or has good vocals, I'm usually all for it. But I get what you're saying you want it to be original and emotionally moving. The song Cuckoo Cuckoo by Animal Collective moves me, but I don't know why. I've teared up a few times from listening to it. Same thing happens when I listen to Avril 14th by Aphex Twin, all though not to as great of an extent.

That song by Can was quite... different. I don't think I've heard anything quite like it before. Seem's like the band member's were high while playing. Not too sure what to make of it, but it wasn't that bad.

Yea, I've heard My Girls already. Not one of my favourite songs by them, but still pretty good.

Not a big fan of orchestra music. Sorry, I paused it after only 30 seconds. :(
(づ°‿°.)づ
Aug 14, 2009 3:29 PM

Jun 2009
I found this video that I want to show everyone before it gets taken down for being over ten minutes long (yeah, its really long but absolutely amazing). The works were composed by Alkan and performed by Jack Gibbons.

Above was the first movement of Alkan's Concerto for solo piano, this is the third one (sorry about the second one, it isn't up on youtube but is absolutly beautiful and dark).

Even if you don't like piano, just watch it to see his fingers. Blows your mind.

Fuck, just look at the sheets on this one. Quite possibly one of the hardest things to play. After listening to it, it is quite apparent why Lizet feared Alkan.

Conversation between Ontario & Pierre Bezukhov said:
Quite a bit has been talked about and some cool videos were posted too.

The reason why Pandora radio is only in the US is because of copyright laws. I am pretty fed-up myself with the US government and its laws (especially the copy-right ones), but thats a completely different topic.

I agree with you when people are branded to a specific genre, but mostly its the people who brand themselves to that genre because by that they shut themselves out from the rest of the music out-there to stay in their own little music world. Thats one of the reasons why I don't really like a lot of the metal community is because many of them are "elitist" and say whats metal or not. Tool isn't even listed in the Encyclopaedia Metallum. I don't know why, but its probably because it is part of the post-grunge metal scene (and since the sub-genre is influenced by alternative rock, then its not metal, or something like that--bullshit). In a way, its more of a thing of pride and to call themselves different from others or to be accepted. I, on the other hand, want to try to expand my music range as much as possible. I personally believe classical music is hugely underrated since it is associated with the "high-brows" and the culturely elite and isn't for the "average" person. I have to learn some music theory and learn sheet music where I'm going to for college (plus sing Gregorian Chants), so thats going to be fun.

I wouldn't get high while listening to Suomisaundi. A few of the artists purposely tried to make their music give their high listeners a bad trip (Mandalavandalz in particular named his newest album "King of the Bad Trips"). Probably because they are aiming for a completely different purpose, thier work becomes highly original. I posted one of his videos on the first page of this thread (its the psychadelic looking one with mushrooms). Actually, just smoke some pot to it before moving onto the really heavy hallucinogens (if you take them that is). I personally don't do drugs so I don't need to worry about that.

My new college roomate introduced me to Animal Collective and he's really big on music, so we will undoubtily be influencing each other heavily. I really like the modern psychadelic music rather then the classic stuff from the 60's and 70's. Probably because there is a heavy electronic and ambient influence that the classic stuff lacks. Now that I think about it, in my Facebook description, I use the word "emotional" in a very vague sense. Usually when its used in modern society, the emotions of sadness and pain are associated with it. Not so much with me. What I mean by "emotional" is the ability to bring out an emotion. Not just the ones already mentioned, but any emotion. That includes happiness, awkawardness, angery, frustration, you get the picture. I don't reallly know specifically what emotion it is, but stuff like trance where it creates an atmosphere and you become completely immersed in it (which is what I really like). So in a way, many of the more popular/popy stuff that is very simple and doesn't change I let it fall under the "emotional" catagory. An example is The Strokes pandora radio station (The Strokes, The Artic Monkeys, Franz Ferdinand to name a few). I should rename it, but don't know what to change it to.

Heres an Infected Mushroom song. Its Echonomix from their album Converting Vegetarians. Its the place I started, but I haven't got too much into them since I don't have the time to fully explore everything.

I would like some help on where to start off with Aphex Twin and other stuff like him. There is so much out there that it is quite overwhelming.

P.S.: What's with the girls on your profile? At least it proves that you have a life (unless you met them on the internet).
Pierre_BezukhovAug 15, 2009 9:52 PM
-

The Tokusyu Manga Club - Features alternative comics/avant-garde comics/outsider comics/psychdelic comics/surrealistic comics/underground comics + La Nouvelle Manga (part of Alternative).

Aug 19, 2009 4:29 PM

Jun 2009
Found this blog. I need to check out the music, but the blog itself is awesome.
-

Aug 19, 2009 6:01 PM

May 2009
Adelitas Way,
Age Of Daze,
Course Of Nature,
Deepfield,
Jet Black Stare,
Rev Theory,
Seven Wiser,
Stereoside.

http://myanimelist.net/blog/xEPICFAILx

Aug 19, 2009 8:38 PM

Jun 2008
Pierre_Bezukhov said:
I found this video that I want to show everyone before it gets taken down for being over ten minutes long (yeah, its really long but absolutely amazing). The works were composed by Alkan and performed by Jack Gibbons.
[video 0]

Above was the first movement of Alkan's Concerto for solo piano, this is the third one (sorry about the second one, it isn't up on youtube but is absolutly beautiful and dark).
[video 1]

Even if you don't like piano, just watch it to see his fingers. Blows your mind.
[video 2]

Fuck, just look at the sheets on this one. Quite possibly one of the hardest things to play. After listening to it, it is quite apparent why Lizet feared Alkan.
[video 3]

Conversation between Ontario & Pierre Bezukhov said:
Quite a bit has been talked about and some cool videos were posted too.

The reason why Pandora radio is only in the US is because of copyright laws. I am pretty fed-up myself with the US government and its laws (especially the copy-right ones), but thats a completely different topic.

I agree with you when people are branded to a specific genre, but mostly its the people who brand themselves to that genre because by that they shut themselves out from the rest of the music out-there to stay in their own little music world. Thats one of the reasons why I don't really like a lot of the metal community is because many of them are "elitist" and say whats metal or not. Tool isn't even listed in the Encyclopaedia Metallum. I don't know why, but its probably because it is part of the post-grunge metal scene (and since the sub-genre is influenced by alternative rock, then its not metal, or something like that--bullshit). In a way, its more of a thing of pride and to call themselves different from others or to be accepted. I, on the other hand, want to try to expand my music range as much as possible. I personally believe classical music is hugely underrated since it is associated with the "high-brows" and the culturely elite and isn't for the "average" person. I have to learn some music theory and learn sheet music where I'm going to for college (plus sing Gregorian Chants), so thats going to be fun.

I wouldn't get high while listening to Suomisaundi. A few of the artists purposely tried to make their music give their high listeners a bad trip (Mandalavandalz in particular named his newest album "King of the Bad Trips"). Probably because they are aiming for a completely different purpose, thier work becomes highly original. I posted one of his videos on the first page of this thread (its the psychadelic looking one with mushrooms). Actually, just smoke some pot to it before moving onto the really heavy hallucinogens (if you take them that is). I personally don't do drugs so I don't need to worry about that.

My new college roomate introduced me to Animal Collective and he's really big on music, so we will undoubtily be influencing each other heavily. I really like the modern psychadelic music rather then the classic stuff from the 60's and 70's. Probably because there is a heavy electronic and ambient influence that the classic stuff lacks. Now that I think about it, in my Facebook description, I use the word "emotional" in a very vague sense. Usually when its used in modern society, the emotions of sadness and pain are associated with it. Not so much with me. What I mean by "emotional" is the ability to bring out an emotion. Not just the ones already mentioned, but any emotion. That includes happiness, awkawardness, angery, frustration, you get the picture. I don't reallly know specifically what emotion it is, but stuff like trance where it creates an atmosphere and you become completely immersed in it (which is what I really like). So in a way, many of the more popular/popy stuff that is very simple and doesn't change I let it fall under the "emotional" catagory. An example is The Strokes pandora radio station (The Strokes, The Artic Monkeys, Franz Ferdinand to name a few). I should rename it, but don't know what to change it to.

Heres an Infected Mushroom song. Its Echonomix from their album Converting Vegetarians. Its the place I started, but I haven't got too much into them since I don't have the time to fully explore everything.
[IM video]

I would like some help on where to start off with Aphex Twin and other stuff like him. There is so much out there that it is quite overwhelming.

P.S.: What's with the girls on your profile? At least it proves that you have a life (unless you met them on the internet).

I haven't really listened to any piano music, but from what I have heard I prefer the slow kind of piano work (Avril 14th fuck yeah). That is quite mindblowing though, he hands are moving at light speed. I'm trying to broaden my musical horizons more as well, so I might check out some more piano stuff.

Fuck copyright laws. They piss me off. So do private websites that require invites to join. I managed to get into one via an interview, but god damn, it was a pain in the ass to get into. I've always wanted to be able to get into waffles.fm, but that will probably never happen.

I know, I wish some people had a wider music selection. I don't want to say I listen to everything, but I do listen to a fair amount of different stuff. You would probably be quite surprised to learn that I downloaded Aphex Twin Albums and the new Breathe Carolina album on the same day. I'm quite proud of my musical diversity. I know what you mean when you say you dislike the metal community. The ones on last.fm often spam artist's pages saying things like "fake metal" or "this is shit compared to real metal". They especially seem to go after the deathcore/metalcore bands, which pisses me off even more. I don't know if it counts as classical, but I do enjoy the Cowboy Bebop OSTs (from what I've heard of them). I really enjoy Tank! (then again, who doesn't?), The Egg and I, Space Lion, Goodnight Julia (awesome saxophone). It's not that I don't like classical music, it's just that I haven't really tried it out. That college sounds kick ass, but is it only classical and that kind of music, or is it all kinds of music. I kind of doubt it's all kinds, I don't they would be teaching you about knob turning in college (Al though they might if you're lucky).

Hahaha, that's awesome. I'll have to check some of these artists out then. I don't do drugs drugs either, and I don't really plan to. It's something that hasn't really appealed to me. Same as getting drunk.

There are some songs out there that do induce a lot of emotion, and its not always a negative emotion. For example the song Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley induces the emotion of anger into me. I'm sure it does that to a lot of people. I haven't really listened to a lot of trance (another genre I need to check out, I am open to suggestions :D), but there is a song by Burial & Four Tet that get me calm, happy, and especially drowsy. It's like entering another dimension, you kind of lose focus of all the other stuff going on and just concentrate on the music. I don't know if its that popular of a band, but the song Hate Me by Blue October gets me so emotional I that I can't listen to it.

That Infected Mushroom song is pretty good. I'll add them to the list of artists I plan to check out (This list already includes all of Aphex Twin's aliases, Squarepusher, Atari Teenage Riot, Prefuse 73 Four Tet,µ-Ziq, and those Suomisaundi bands, to name a few).

If you are just starting out with Aphex Twin, I would recommend listening to Selected Ambient Works Vol.1 [85-92] first. Then maybe move on to Come to Daddy, and Windowlicker. I would say listen to the Richard D James album and Drukqs album last. But it's really up to you. I haven't even listened to all his albums, so you can try them out in any order you want.

Drats, I've been found out. I didn't meet those girls on the internet or do I know them in real life. I just found their pictures on 4chan, and saved them. What a loser I am. I took em off my profile because I'm working on a new profile that will kick ass.
OntarioAug 19, 2009 8:48 PM
(づ°‿°.)づ
Aug 20, 2009 8:24 PM

May 2009
LOL ?

Aug 21, 2009 1:54 PM

Nov 2007
RazorBeamz said:
YMCK! J-pop meets 8 bit!

^This.
And more importantly Coaltar of the Deepers. Holy crap it is awesome.
Aug 21, 2009 9:44 PM

Feb 2008
Expedición a Las Estrellas

A really interesting post-rock/post-metal band.
Aug 22, 2009 10:21 AM

May 2009
TRUSTcompany

Aug 22, 2009 12:10 PM

Dec 2008
Orangevision said:
Coaltar of the Deepers. Holy crap it is awesome.

yes
Aug 23, 2009 9:18 AM

Apr 2009
Heroes del Silencio - I love spanish rock.

Jimmy Eat World - Clarity and Bleed American are just awesome!
Aug 23, 2009 11:19 PM

Jun 2008
I recently discovered Princess Dragon-mom, Hair Police, Sissy Spacek, and Raionbashi & Kutzkelina. All fucking awesome, ear-splitting noise. I love it.

Aug 24, 2009 1:42 AM

May 2009
My last discovery was Swallow The Ocean. It's a bit like Isis, but the clean vocals are a bit unexpected.
Aug 25, 2009 4:30 AM

Nov 2006
Hello hello everyone, I'm getting into unsigned bands at the moment, a lot of the bands whom I used to listen to have recently slumped (Foo Fighters, Incubus).

I've been to a couple of gig night and best bands that I've found are:

Twin Atlantic
Jocasta Sleeps

Both have largish collections on myspace music, catering to indie maybe a couple of twin atlantic songs are slightly heavier.

Enjoy
Aug 25, 2009 8:42 PM

May 2009
eatmewhileimhot!
&&
10cc love affair

[check my blog]

Aug 26, 2009 10:01 PM
Jun 2009
These bands ----> Los Campesinos and of course.... Pendulum
Aug 27, 2009 3:22 PM

Feb 2009
matt379 said:
These bands ----> Los Campesinos and of course....
Pendulum

best pendulum songs imo:

blood sugar
tarantula
propane nightmares
fasten your seatbelt
visions
Aug 28, 2009 1:41 AM

Jan 2008
Esbjörn Svensson Trio

also, thank you MAL Mixtape #6
Aug 28, 2009 10:35 AM

May 2009
Eatmewhileimhot!

Aug 28, 2009 1:03 PM

Jun 2008
I recently discovered Princess Dragon-mom and Sissy Spacek(noise band, not the actress) awesome stuff

Sep 4, 2009 1:35 PM

Oct 2008
Pendulum, Papa Roach and P.O.D. tho not really a musical find since I had some songs from them in past but now I got time to download their albums and listen to them.

On other hand I found Hardcore TANOC and his album Hardcore Syndrome 2
Sep 4, 2009 3:20 PM

Jan 2008
TheAlxEnigma said:

best pendulum songs imo:

blood sugar
tarantula
propane nightmares
fasten your seatbelt
visions

The Tempest, Hold Your Colour and Girl in the Fire.
Sep 6, 2009 11:19 AM

Sep 2009
a cool band that puts samurai type music in there music they are called whispered
There is no reason for me to stay in the real world any longer. In the real world, it dosen't matter if I am here or not. When I realize that, I am no longer afraid of losing my body.
Sep 8, 2009 6:04 AM

Jan 2008
Ulver have finally clicked with me after a few of the songs on the mixtapes, and then subsequently got me interested in Drudkh, Professor Fate and Vulture Industries via last.fm's Ulver radio.
Sep 9, 2009 4:56 AM

Aug 2008
For me its a somewhat local band called The Scandals, their sound is Street Punk mixed with Skate Punk lyrics.

Also I found another local band called The White Rabbits.
Sep 9, 2009 1:56 PM

Jun 2009
Lightning Bolt
Dracula Mountain (song) - Wonderful Rainbow (album)

Boredoms
Super Going - Super ae

Other Bands/People:
In Slaughter Natives
Steve Reich
Melt - Banana
Dexter Gordon
Arvo Pärt

I found this blog a month ago, but only recently did I search through it.
A Special Plan For This World
-

Sep 9, 2009 7:46 PM

May 2009
2NE1

Sep 11, 2009 9:07 AM

May 2008
Katatonia's Dance Of The December's Soul is pretty nice album.
And right this moment I'm checking out Unexpect, since seeing them on a Progressive Nation tour with Opeth and Dream Theater.
And I'm making some plans of seeing 'em.
Sep 11, 2009 11:51 AM

Jan 2008
Oren Lavie
Kings Of Convenience
Sep 12, 2009 2:31 PM

Nov 2008
Arthemis
Really good Power Metal
Sep 13, 2009 2:49 PM

Jun 2008
Sigur Ros.

Awesome stuff.
(づ°‿°.)づ
Sep 13, 2009 9:25 PM

Jul 2009
hmmm recently heard some songs by the "Rock-n-Roll Soldiers"
Sep 18, 2009 8:55 PM

Dec 2007
Sep 20, 2009 11:12 AM

Jun 2009
Hm, most recent band I found was Authority Zero.
A Ska Punk band.
Sep 20, 2009 3:35 PM

Jan 2008
Disillusion.
Sep 21, 2009 11:30 AM

Jun 2008
Kashiwa Daisuke
Sep 21, 2009 2:41 PM

Aug 2008
Arctic Monkeys 8D
Well, not really a find, but the first time Im listening to them.
Nov 3, 2009 11:52 AM

Jun 2007
The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain
Nov 3, 2009 12:28 PM

Jan 2009
Diablo Swing Orchestra
Nov 3, 2009 1:02 PM

Apr 2007
Them Crooked Vultures

Nov 3, 2009 1:44 PM
Nov 3, 2009 9:23 PM
Nov 2007
The Devil Makes Three.
Nov 4, 2009 6:24 PM

May 2009
The Ghost Inside

Nov 5, 2009 6:21 AM

Jan 2008
Have a Nice Life, thanks to the Halloween mixtape.
Nov 6, 2009 9:55 PM

Aug 2008
Cab.

a pretty chill jazz-fusion band.
Nov 7, 2009 3:59 PM

Jun 2007
Fleshgod Apocalypse's "Oracles" album
second best tech death album this year for me
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» What song is stuck in your head right now? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

shygirlnerd - Apr 20, 2010

230 by removed-user »»
Oct 30, 2023 2:48 PM

Poll: » Your Favorite Music Genre ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Mathes - Mar 19, 2008

308 by removed-user »»
Oct 30, 2023 2:46 PM

» favorite openings of 2023

TyDrian - May 17, 2023

8 by TyDrian »»
Jul 24, 2023 11:45 AM

» favorite endings of 2023

TyDrian - May 17, 2023

4 by TyDrian »»
Jul 7, 2023 1:15 AM

» Favorite Guitarist/Drummers/Bassist/Vox

SymbolliC - Sep 24, 2008

36 by victimiZe1337 »»
Sep 30, 2022 6:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.