Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 18, 2010 1:40 PM

Sep 2009
*shrugs whenevers good for me ill just switch with people at work to get days off.
Feb 19, 2010 3:11 AM
Jul 2009
Woo Hoo! I've finally moved back to Calgary! I'd love to go to a Karaoke night and meet everyone!!
Feb 19, 2010 7:33 PM

Apr 2009
Hey there Poohkiez. Strangely enough, I actually have a weekend off (this one) and money to do something, but of course nothing to do. I'm starting to think I should either go stir crazy from isolation or just get used to being a hermit.
Feb 20, 2010 5:22 PM

Oct 2009
Rukia13 said:
teiza said:
Hey! Lars and I are back in Calgary (finally....lol)

SO when are we all hanging out? ;)

You and Lars? Am I missing something here?

I wanna go for karaoke. I can't do this weekend though (recitals all weekend). How about next weekend?

We should seriously have that game night too!

Lars came to Sask with me. After sushi night he became my (not-so) better half.

I would definitely be up for Karaoke! I am free pretty well whenever, so just let us know what day works best for you. (MAYBAY game night can happen after or before karaoke? On the same day...possibly?)
Oh sheesh ya'll
Twas a dream.

Instagram | Deviantart
Feb 20, 2010 5:39 PM

Jun 2009
teiza said:
Lars came to Sask with me. After sushi night he became my (not-so) better half.

I would definitely be up for Karaoke! I am free pretty well whenever, so just let us know what day works best for you. (MAYBAY game night can happen after or before karaoke? On the same day...possibly?)

AHA! I knew I wasn't dreaming about the sparks that night (and afterwards)!

I just realized I have another commitment on the 27th. Is everyone ok with karaoke @ Nanta's on Saturday, March 6? If we show up between 9 - 9:30 pm, it's quiet enough that we can chat and have our choice of tables. Things usually pick up at 10. Get your Jpop/Pinoy/English/Chinese/Vietnamese tunes ready!

As for games night, I can only swing one event a day due to my other commitments.
---
ChibiSamuraiTV | My YT Channel | www.youtube.com/user/chibisamuraitv
Feb 20, 2010 6:27 PM
Jul 2009
Krimson said:
Hey there Poohkiez. Strangely enough, I actually have a weekend off (this one) and money to do something, but of course nothing to do. I'm starting to think I should either go stir crazy from isolation or just get used to being a hermit.

Hey Krimson... becoming a hermit helps you save money!! :oD I'm going to keep my funds in check for karaoke night on the 6th!!
Feb 20, 2010 8:54 PM

Nov 2009
Angels die when I sing, so would people hold it against me if I just got drunk instead?
Feb 20, 2010 11:12 PM

Oct 2009
Jules, you can do whatever you'd like.
HOWEVER, keep in mind that I have a terrible voice, but will be singing anyway ;P

Poohkiez, I will be doing the same thing!!

Lars and I will definitely be there on the 6th, sparks and all ;)
Oh sheesh ya'll
Twas a dream.

Instagram | Deviantart
Feb 20, 2010 11:42 PM

Nov 2009
Well we'll see how I'm feeling.
Feb 21, 2010 1:47 AM

Jun 2009
JulesRuby said:
JulesRuby said:
Angels die when I sing, so would people hold it against me if I just got drunk instead?

You could dance behind the singers....or just cheer them on. And get drunk.

Hooray! the 6th it is! Looking forward to it.
---
Feb 21, 2010 10:36 AM

Nov 2009
Rukia13 said:
JulesRuby said:
JulesRuby said:

You could dance behind the singers....or just cheer them on. And get drunk.

Hooray! the 6th it is! Looking forward to it.

I can't see myself dancing, there's a reason back up dancers don't do the robot. I can cheer though! :D
Feb 25, 2010 1:43 AM

Apr 2009
poohkiez said:
Krimson said:

Hey Krimson... becoming a hermit helps you save money!! :oD I'm going to keep my funds in check for karaoke night on the 6th!!

True - though new tablet laptop and external HD have kept me occupied. I think that night I ended up spending the night with a case of beer and Shakugan no Shana.
Feb 26, 2010 10:56 PM

Jun 2009
@ Jules Ruby - excellent! Cheering squads are always appreciated - as is the company.

@ Krimson - what? No sake or soujuu?

@ everyone going to Nanta's next week: Should I bring my panda cosplay cap or yoshi plushie so newbies can find the right table?
Rukia13Feb 26, 2010 11:02 PM
---
Feb 27, 2010 12:33 AM

Nov 2009
I have no idea where this Nanta's is, so if you have like... A Panda large enough to be identified from SAIT, that would be great.
Feb 27, 2010 12:55 AM

Jun 2009
Here you go:
Nanta Karaoke & Bar - 512 6 Street SW
---
Feb 27, 2010 6:12 PM

Nov 2009
Oh okay, thanks :)
Feb 28, 2010 12:52 PM

Jun 2009
Dou itashimashite.

Poohkiez and I met a bunch of folk last night who were there for the SAJETA and Japanese Meetup.com groups. We invited them to come join us next week as well.
---
Mar 1, 2010 6:16 PM
Nov 2009
so Nanta Karaoke & Bar - 512 6 Street SW on the 6th after 9? anyone mind if i join in? id be the tall guy in a Desert punk hat beside the woman wearing Urahara's hat. I mean if it dosent bother anyone.
"Hello? Yes, Ill be needing you to get me another car immediately. Preferably one that cant be BLOWN UP BY A *!&$(*@ CAMERA!" - Tsujido - Speed Grapher
Mar 1, 2010 10:06 PM

Jun 2009
Brassiris said:
so Nanta Karaoke & Bar - 512 6 Street SW on the 6th after 9? anyone mind if i join in? id be the tall guy in a Desert punk hat beside the woman wearing Urahara's hat. I mean if it dosent bother anyone.

Excellent! You are both very welcome to join in the festivities.

So it looks like we've got:

Lars
Teiza
Rukia
Poohkiez
JulesRuby (hopefully)
Brassiris (+1)
Krimson (maybe)

And anyone else who cares to join us. I'll bring my panda cosplay cap.
Rukia13Mar 3, 2010 9:04 PM
---
Mar 1, 2010 10:22 PM

Apr 2009
Rukia13 said:
@ Krimson - what? No sake or soujuu?

Not the kind of booze I want to be drinking alone. Sake and soujuu is best enjoyed with company. Oh, and I might actually have that day off so I may be able to make it to Nanta's.
Mar 1, 2010 10:23 PM
Dec 2007
Who What Where When Why and i might join
Mar 2, 2010 12:28 AM

Jun 2009
@ Krimson: That's so true.

@ Darkdemon8:

Who: any MAL member 18+, family, significant other and friends
What: Karaoke, hanging out, feeding our fascination for the Japanese culture, sake, soujuu
Where: Nanta Karaoke and Bar (512 6 Street SW)
When: Saturday, March 6 @ 9:00 ish (PM) until 1ish (AM)
Why: Something fun and wacky to do?

It sounds like a few of us will be sporting cosplay related caps or t-shirts, which should make it easy to find the right table. If we're joined by other groups (I invited a meetup.com group I'm in and the AkiBAKA gang), I may make up a table sign.
---
Mar 2, 2010 7:27 AM
Dec 2007
=/ Darn, I can't on a saturday
Mar 3, 2010 11:31 AM
Nov 2009
WOOT!!!
"Hello? Yes, Ill be needing you to get me another car immediately. Preferably one that cant be BLOWN UP BY A *!&$(*@ CAMERA!" - Tsujido - Speed Grapher
Mar 3, 2010 9:03 PM

Jun 2009
@ Darkdemon8: That's too bad. What nights work best for you? I suppose finding one night that works for everyone will always be a challenge.

@ Brassiris - WOOT! indeed. See ya Saturday.
---
Mar 4, 2010 12:10 PM

Apr 2009
After talking to Rukia, she suggested I ask around as I lack a vehicle of my own. I live in MacEwan, but with people being in the south, I can stay the night at my mom's place in Woodbine if someone is in a relative close proximity. I'm more than willing to chip in some gas money if needed.
Mar 4, 2010 4:54 PM
Nov 2009
Id would be more then willing, but i live in the NW and were takin teh train in case we have some of the fun juice (sake and other). sorry.
Mar 4, 2010 5:57 PM

Oct 2009
Lars and I might be taking the train because we plan on drinking too, but if we don't, we might be able to give you a ride.

I'm so excited for this weekend!! :D
Oh sheesh ya'll
Twas a dream.

Instagram | Deviantart
Mar 4, 2010 7:27 PM

Apr 2009
No worries, if it doesn't work out I'll have another Shakugan no Shana marathon.
Mar 4, 2010 8:53 PM
Jul 2009
Krimson said:
No worries, if it doesn't work out I'll have another Shakugan no Shana marathon.

Do what I do when it's too late to take a bus home... take the train to your closest stop and cab it home from there. It's pretty inexpensive - from the train to our house is only about $12.
Mar 4, 2010 11:13 PM

Nov 2009
I'm training as well because I plan to drink.

Also I will probably be bringing my GF if that's of any consequence to anyone, I'm not sure people need to know these things.
Mar 6, 2010 10:38 AM

Apr 2009
Well I might give that a go. If there's no cabs at the train station around 1ish I suppose I could walk to Woodbine from Anderson. Wouldn't be the first time. I'll check the bus schedules though.
Mar 6, 2010 10:50 AM
Jul 2009
Well, I haven't seen a lot of taxis just waiting at the train stations... I usually just give the cab company a call from around 39th Ave or Chinook and tell them that I'm on the train and I'll be at my station in about 15 minutes. They'll dispatch someone specifically for you. :oD
Mar 6, 2010 11:03 AM

Jun 2009
@ JulesRuby: GF is welcome!

@ Krimson: I either keep a couple of taxi cab #'s in my cell or PDA. You never know when you need to call for a cab.
---
Mar 6, 2010 11:35 AM

Apr 2009
Meh, unfortunately I don't have a cell phone anymore. I think the cards are stacked against me this round, so I'm probably just going to go home tonight and watch Shana instead. Have fun tonight!
Mar 6, 2010 4:53 PM
Nov 2009
Sorry! i will be unable to make it tonight it looks like. a bunch of stuff came up. if i can i will show up. I am Very sorry. I bring Cookies next time! *hide*
Mar 7, 2010 12:55 AM

Jun 2009
Brassiris - if you bring cookies to mahjong night, all will be forgiven. ;-)

It was a fun night. JulesRuby, it was great meeting you, your gf and friend. Long live Bohemian Rhapsody!!!!

So, we learned a valuable lesson tonight. If you're leaving early, give your receipt to the people left behind so when the staff says "Your friends didn't pay," those who are left have proof. Teiza, I hope they didn't razz you too badly. If I was thinking, I would have left my receipt with you. Next time.
---
Mar 7, 2010 9:47 AM
Nov 2009
When is Mahjong night? and how do you play? and what cookies did you want?
Mar 7, 2010 2:26 PM

Nov 2009
Yeah it was nice meeting you guys too, btw my friend is Realmwalker, he's a member here. He just never says much online.
Mar 7, 2010 9:35 PM

Jun 2009
@ Brassiris: We haven't set a date for Mahjong. Teiza is going to teach us all how to play. Chocolate chip cookies onigaishimasu.

@ Realmwalker - good meetin' ya. Don't be a stranger. Talk with us! We don't bite.

So....when are we going for Marble Slab? Bubble tea?
---
Mar 8, 2010 7:45 PM

Dec 2007
^ Which type of Mahjong are you talking about? o___o Riichi?
Mar 9, 2010 9:44 AM
Nov 2009
Deal! i will play. and there will be cookies :) home made ones. maybe burnt cuz i suck at cooking.... but there will still been some. and i will do all in my power to go to the next event :P Are we doing anything as a group at Otafest?
Mar 10, 2010 12:46 AM

Jun 2009
@ Sarvison - you'd have to ask Teiza, our mahjong expert.

@ Brassiris - home-made is always the best!

@ Minna-san: The Calgary Comic Expo is next month. WE SHOULD GO! Here's the linkies: http://www.calgaryexpo.com/
---
Mar 10, 2010 2:18 PM
Nov 2009
I will learn if you will teach me :) and the Comic expo! i wanna go :P
if work will let me....
Mar 12, 2010 10:33 PM

Jun 2009
Anyone up for doing anything tomorrow night (Saturday)?
---
Mar 13, 2010 3:43 AM

Sep 2009
what you got in mind?
Mar 13, 2010 5:36 PM

Jun 2009
Haven't thought much about it really. Finished work and then felt crappy so I slept for three hours. That's where it's at now. Still have to do office work so perhaps another time?
---
Mar 17, 2010 8:01 PM

Sep 2009
hang out friday or saturday anyone?
Mar 18, 2010 1:48 AM

Jun 2009
What to do, what to do?

I was thinking of going to a photography meetup but saw that the demographics weren't in my favour so we could get together and photograph geeky things....

If we go cheap, then I'd suggest a run to T and T and perhaps games at someone's house (I could host if we did it on Saturday).

Or we could hang out at Chinook Centre again (or another mall).

Or if we want to go out and spread out geekiness, we could try Nanta's again, or try a new karaoke bar, like Sole Korean Restaurant or Kuya Victors

Or we could go for sushi...or to a place like Sushi BBQ Inn or try a Japanese noodle house like Sobaten - they have noodles and sushi.

Dunno if there's anything great movie wise...

Oh yeah, we could always get together to watch anime...

Personally, I'd like to go out for a bit. Mind you, work's been hectic, so I'd be just as fine with doing a T and T run and then hanging out for games and anime. Then again, I've never been to a noodle house before...ARGH! Cannot decide.
Rukia13Mar 18, 2010 1:52 AM
---
Mar 18, 2010 12:24 PM

Nov 2009
I'd love to but I have soooo much homework this weekend that I couldn't afford to do anything =/.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» What game(s) are you playing right now?

JulesRuby - Mar 18, 2010

16 by 00001111qmpz »»
Aug 17, 2012 5:18 PM

» Otafest 2011

kirant - May 20, 2011

2 by kirant »»
May 23, 2011 9:42 PM

Poll: » Day Trip to Banff! - TAKE 2

Rukia13 - Mar 13, 2011

0 by Rukia13 »»
Mar 13, 2011 12:47 AM

Poll: » Day Trip to Banff! - IGNORE THIS THREAD

Rukia13 - Mar 13, 2011

0 by Rukia13 »»
Mar 13, 2011 12:36 AM

» The Karaoke Thread

Rukia13 - Apr 26, 2010

13 by Rukia13 »»
Jan 12, 2011 11:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.