Forum Settings
Forums

The most overrated characters that everyone loves

New
The most overrated characters that everyone loves
Dec 1, 2020 3:43 PM
Jul 2020
Well, I know that we have different taste about which character is better than the other. But some characters feel like they don't deserve so many praises as if the show is nothing without them. Like they don't have any unique personality, or they don't have any development and on top of that, they are not really special. But still people can't see them as an overrated character.

No hate, I just wanna know your opinion
Who is the most overrated one and why?

Why do I choose these characters?
(I can feel the hate people will send to me)

Levi is a good characters but seriously he's not amazing just like people said. I understand that he's a lovable character but people seriously think he's better than Reiner, Zeke, and Eren. And I saw poeple said on instagram that he was better than L (Death Note) and Askeladd.

Lelouch is pretty much a lovable character. Tbh I also like him but I think he's not that genius. For some reasons I feel like people around him are just pretty much stupid. Like he doesn't have a good rival like Light and L in Death Note.

Luffy .... well I think he has his own personality and development but his development is soooo slow. IMO One Piece is great but I can't find him as an interesting character.

Itachi is not a bad character. But I don't think he's as great as people said.

Rem is fine but I don't understand the hype. Like yeah she's cute but still ...

Zoro is kinda like Levi. Good character but not amazing.

Killua is pretty good. But people think he's overrated more than Zoro and Levi (on Instagram) So that's why he's here.

Remember those are only my opinion. You can agree or disagree with me. And sorry for my english
Lizz_AleisterDec 1, 2020 4:12 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 1, 2020 3:51 PM

Sep 2014
All aboard the Levi hate bandwagon.
Dec 1, 2020 3:53 PM

Oct 2018
Killua is the only good character in the poll
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Dec 1, 2020 3:54 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
inb4 thread gets locked
Where the hell are any of the characters from AnoHana? Now those are some overrated characters for sure.
Dec 1, 2020 3:55 PM

Nov 2017
Kaori Miyazono is my choice for this kind of threads.
Stay gold!
魔法よ魔法よ生まれておいで!
Sasuga Kasuga! Osaka fan club on MAL. Join us if you like Osaka-san!
Dec 1, 2020 4:08 PM

Nov 2008
Fario-P said:
inb4 thread gets locked
Where the hell are any of the characters from AnoHana? Now those are some overrated characters for sure.

Hey, I like those characters :(

But Anohana isn't mainstream shounen like everything listed in the poll either. Not even Menma, cute as she is, can hope to compete with a Shounen Jump protagonist's popularity.

Dec 1, 2020 4:12 PM

Feb 2019
Levi, the king of overrated character
Dec 1, 2020 4:14 PM

May 2020
Rem is the least interesting and most stupid character in Re:Zero, and that's coming from someone who is a huge fan of the series. I legit did not understand why she became so popular.
GilgameshuuDec 1, 2020 4:26 PM
Dec 1, 2020 4:15 PM

Dec 2018
Levi is only good character in this pool.
Dec 1, 2020 4:21 PM

Nov 2008
Not in the poll but I'm going with Asuka and Rei. Holy crap, Japan's so obsessed with both girls and I just don't get it.

I'm not a guy either but...as a judge of character, neither one of the girls is that great. Asuka is highly unpleasant and Rei is....a statue, practically.

You want kuudere and tsundere? Every example of one I can think of are better than these two. Except maybe Kirino lol

In contrast, Shinji is over-hated.

It's probably just because Rei and Asuka are the "first of their archetype" (I guess?) but so what? Character archetypes that were created after these two were a vast improvement, imho (Saber and Rin are prime examples)
ChiibiDec 1, 2020 4:30 PM

Dec 1, 2020 4:29 PM

Feb 2016
I don't even know all those characters, and Killua is the only one from a show I completed. I just voted for the one with the most favorites.

Chiibi said:
Rei is....a statue, practically.

Truer words have never been spoken.
その目だれの目?
Dec 1, 2020 4:30 PM

Aug 2013
Levi is literally Itachi with a lamer backstory and more style. And an awesome VA who adds to that. But as a character, he's the laziest thing ever.

Fario-P said:
inb4 thread gets locked

The moment that guy showed up dressed as a girl and the anime tried to make us sad because of it I burst out laughing.
Dec 1, 2020 4:52 PM
Jul 2020
i chose Levi on the poll but I’d say hisoka morow is the number one.
Dec 1, 2020 4:54 PM
Jul 2020
Fario-P said:
inb4 thread gets locked

wait people actually like them? The characters are one of the biggest reasons why I hated the show.
Dec 1, 2020 5:22 PM

Nov 2008
Aryale said:
Fario-P said:
inb4 thread gets locked

wait people actually like them?

Duh, of course people like them.

https://myanimelist.net/character/40592/Meiko_Honma?q=menm&cat=character

Dec 1, 2020 5:24 PM
Sep 2020
How can you hate Luffy he’s just a guy you would hang out with
FUCK HER RIGHT IN THE PUSSY!!!
Dec 1, 2020 5:25 PM
Jul 2018
HamAndBacon said:
How can you hate Luffy he’s just a guy you would hang out with

Marine hates Luffy. I think the OP is a marine.
Dec 1, 2020 5:26 PM
Jul 2020
Chiibi said:
Aryale said:

wait people actually like them?

Damn...I thought menma was such a selfish, spoiled kid who couldn’t just leave and go to hell. She just had to stay cause she likes torturing her friends and putting them through pain again.

Oct 2020
Rem and Lelelouch are the best answers. Rem is such a generic waifu character, at least Lelelouch is kinda cool with his dorito chin and superpowers.

All of the shows these characters are from are good or at least amusing to watch though
kurosawarubertDec 1, 2020 5:31 PM
Sep 2020
Gilgameshuu said:
Rem is the least interesting and most stupid character in Re:Zero, and that's coming from someone who is a huge fan of the series. I legit did not understand why she became so popular.
Same with the series...... 😳😬
FUCK HER RIGHT IN THE PUSSY!!!
Dec 1, 2020 5:55 PM

Nov 2008
Aryale said:
Chiibi said:

Damn...I thought menma was such a selfish, spoiled kid who couldn’t just leave and go to hell. She just had to stay cause she likes torturing her friends and putting them through pain again.

Cannot tell if you are trolling or just misunderstood Menma's character entirely. :/

SHE didn't even know why she was there. She was not there because she wanted to be either. She is so unselfish that she hardly ever cries for herself, but cries in her friends' place instead.

Blame the god of their world for sending her back...but sending her back to her friends WAS a good thing because everyone was finally able to get closure and reconnect.
ChiibiDec 1, 2020 6:05 PM

Dec 1, 2020 5:56 PM

Apr 2020
im sorry, ZORO IS NOT OVERRATED.
I am malding.
he is best character.
all praise zoro, best husbando, best crew mate, and best badass (next to Guts)

why is luffy and him even up here besides being favored a lot
Kenzolo-folkDec 1, 2020 6:00 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2020 6:20 PM

May 2020
HamAndBacon said:
Gilgameshuu said:
Same with the series...... 😳😬

It's your opinion, I heavily disagree tho.
Dec 1, 2020 6:24 PM

Jul 2020
I like all of them but Rem... Not that her character is bad, I just hate that hairstyle and I don't really like maid fits.
Dec 1, 2020 6:29 PM

Sep 2020
Well, Lelouch is in my favorites so I'll say Lelouch is the most overrated cuz I love him :/

“𝑻𝒉𝒂𝒕’𝒔 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒊𝒕 𝒊𝒔. 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒕𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆. 𝑰𝒏𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒂𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒕, 𝒚𝒐𝒖’𝒓𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒆𝒓𝒗𝒆𝒅 𝒔𝒊𝒎𝒑𝒍𝒚 𝒈𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒍𝒐𝒘.” – 𝑺𝒉𝒖𝒏𝒔𝒖𝒊 𝑲𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒂𝒌𝒖
Dec 1, 2020 6:33 PM

Oct 2015
I love AoT anime and manga. Hiroshi Kamiya is my fav VA in all of anime. And yet, I still don't get the Levi hype. I like him but he's nothing special.
Dec 1, 2020 6:45 PM

Aug 2017
Levi. He's cool and all but I don't see the damn hype at all. People just like him cause he's short and have yaoi fantasies with him and Eren.
Dec 1, 2020 9:09 PM

Jun 2012
Misaka from Toaru. I don't see what is so great about her. Kuruko is a much more interesting character.
Shoot first, think never.
Dec 1, 2020 9:15 PM
Nov 2020
Seems like a lot of people didn't watch Aot S3 when levi became a great character.
Lelouch isn't even overrated.
So is levi.
Tbh most of these are actually pretty good. Op is tryna sound cool isn't he?
Dec 1, 2020 9:17 PM

Sep 2018
I would say that would go to Megumin from Konosuba. She is mostly a 1 trick pony loli that people really seem to like. Besides her Vegeta is incredibly overrated due to being mostly static throughout the entire series of Dragon Ball.
Dec 1, 2020 9:37 PM

Jan 2020
Ayanokouji and Oreki , whoa so pretentious edgelord who think they are king in their own world lmao lol
Хайде, хайде, хайде, това е първата зона, брато, първа зона, първа зона, добре, добре, добре, това става тук горе, отива тук горе, само спокойно, само спокойно... Ха, отдясно е, навсякъде отдясно отдясно къде е дясното ти о да добре добре добре тихо мълчаливо не успях да се съсредоточа върху това ЕХ ТЪПАК КОГАТО СИ БАВНО БАВНО ... ой е путката на моето момиче прасе куче, аз Чувствам се добре, о, мамо, *шамар*, какво е това госпожице татко-
Dec 2, 2020 3:49 AM

May 2016
i don't understand what's up with this rem love, roswaal is clearly superior
Dec 2, 2020 7:00 AM

Feb 2016
rohan121 said:
I would say that would go to Megumin from Konosuba. She is mostly a 1 trick pony loli that people really seem to like. Besides her Vegeta is incredibly overrated due to being mostly static throughout the entire series of Dragon Ball.

I think fans of Dragon Ball simply have poor memories.
その目だれの目?
Dec 2, 2020 7:03 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Shinobu Oshino is the most overrated character of all time and if you use her in your forum set I am probably just immediately going to dismiss you as a boring and conformist person

Dec 2, 2020 7:05 AM

Jun 2020
I was pleasantly surprised to see Levi leading the poll, I thought it'd definitely be Rem
This anime shit is addictive
Dec 2, 2020 7:06 AM

Feb 2020
I had to choose lelouch. My no 1 option kiritsugu emiya is not present in the poll. None of the fate characters are there in this poll. Atleast u should have provided with eren yeager (since u put levi in the options)
I just checked your profile. Now i know why u didn't include those characters in the poll. Unfortunately my opinion are just polar opposite to yours
AdampkDec 2, 2020 7:33 AM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Dec 2, 2020 7:09 AM

Feb 2016
@Manaban
I’d rather see Shinobu than Hitagi. I believe Akumaxd has a unique forum avatar.
その目だれの目?
Dec 2, 2020 7:10 AM

Aug 2018
overrated or not, levi is sexy af ngl
Dec 2, 2020 7:16 AM

Aug 2018
The edge quartet whom every teenager relates to.
Ayanokouji Kiyataka,Hikigaya Hachiman,Oreki Houtauro & Azusagawa Sakuta.

I'm not going to put effort into talking to people and make friends.I'm gonna make philosophical ideologies about why the society and it's norm sucks.How every person except me is a superficial person trying to score brownie points.I'm always a loner and nobody cares for me even though I have girls who love me to death.But I must act as the outcast because it's cool.

Even though Oreki ditches his gimmick after a few episodes.I don't like his idea that everything is a bother to do.
Dec 2, 2020 7:19 AM

Jun 2020
!?!?! Zoro is on this list???? What? Luffy - I can understand if some people find him annoying or call him a "typical shounen protagonist" although I would disagree, I have never heard a single soul in my life say that "You know what, bro, Zoro fine and shit, but he do be a lil overrated tho" like no never happened, Zoro is far, far, far from being an overrated character. He's not underrated either, he's exactly where he deserves to be.

Also, if you're gonna add popular characters to your poll, add the top 10, not just the ones from the top 10 that you personally don't get the hype for. No Elric/Gintoki/Light/L/Okabe?

Light and Gintoki are fucking fantastic, I doubt either of them would be highly voted on this poll, Elric is hmmm not bad, but I do remember finding him pretty annoying and glaringly unfunny. L? Did L have any charismatic personality traits besides being exceptionally deductive and intelligent? Don't tell me you liked all his weird quirks like his sitting posture and shit because that's a weak ass reason to call his character good or interesting. Okabe is okay ig, kinda feels like Subaru where you pity his circumstances more than you like the dude. His chunibyo shit is fun yet kinda embarrassing tbh
This anime shit is addictive
Dec 2, 2020 7:20 AM
Jul 2020
I really don't understand the word overrated lol so if i like a character but i find a certain number of people liking them before me i shouldn't do it so that they stay rated and don't become overrated is that it? Where is the peoblem if a big number of people have the same taste which is different from yours? What makes that certain charavter or show not deserving of the hype it gets?
Dec 2, 2020 7:28 AM

Feb 2016
@spectrojan
Elric is the reason I dropped FMA. He definitely deserves a spot on the poll over some character I never heard of.
その目だれの目?
Dec 2, 2020 7:31 AM

Dec 2015
I would say Light or L.

To find worst characters will be hard.

I haven't read the Manga, I have heard it's better then the Anime.

But based on what I have seen and how people are acting around Death Note.
I would say Light and L is the most overrated trash characters.

Dec 2, 2020 7:38 AM

Feb 2016
@Nillwas
L is the same in the manga. Although the manga is less melodramatic as a whole, most of the biggest differences only happen after Near and Mello show up.
その目だれの目?
Dec 2, 2020 11:15 AM

Feb 2019
Levi, Killua and Rem. Actually all of them are slightly overrated but the most overrated character would be megumin. She's just a loli who screams explosion and basically nothing much else.
Dec 2, 2020 11:04 PM
Jul 2018
you forgot L!!!!!!!! kakashi too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 2, 2020 11:06 PM

Sep 2019
Lmao, the fact that this thread has been done so many times that OP even knows what choices people have and made it a poll is reaching meta-irony status
Dec 4, 2020 3:38 PM

Aug 2017
Fuck Luffy, all my homies hate Luffy.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 4, 2020 3:42 PM
Apr 2020
I know this is not one of the choices but Megumin from konosuba is overrated af. The other characters are much funnier
Mar 27, 2021 5:02 AM

Aug 2020
ReegrezSNK said:
Levi is only good character in this pool.

haha, really you are just an ackerman simp
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you read light novels?

EverRealm - 4 hours ago

19 by OmegaMilo »»
2 minutes ago

» Has there been an anime fanbase that hyped up their anime so much that you were turned off from watching it?

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 26

26 by Merve2Love »»
4 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 3 4 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

166 by FFandMMfan »»
11 minutes ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Anime/Character' Thread (v10) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Dec 21, 2020

7200 by damiJESUS »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » A question, what is worse when it comes to a bad anime

Dillq24 - Today

17 by Merve2Love »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.