Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Nov 29, 2016 5:13 AM
Nov 2016
While I do not find Guilty Crown to be the worst anime of all time, it was certainly disappointing. The production qualities of this anime were outstanding. Some of the best music and animation I have seen with some great character designs (Inori is a character I have not ever seen a similar design to with the same sort of atmosphere, the rest are bland but reflect their personalities adequately). However, I did not appreciate the characters at all.

While they had strong motivations and one could understand their desires and why they would do what they did, I could not help but feel that they were anything other than unlikable. Rather than treat others like humans, they treat them as disposable objects which are to be manipulated. There are very few characters which are worth caring about, and Ouma Shu was not one of them for me. The main character's also a major issue since he is incredibly bland. In fact, they state that he is. Instead of creating comedy out of this, like many other animes would, they instead make this his defining trait. This is a cliche of anime that I have been able to live with (bland and trait-less mc) and have enjoyed at time, however considering how much of this anime is centered around how apparently special Shu is to every party, it simply comes off as a bad choice in traits. To put it plainly, I hate the mc because his spirit animal is a piece of A4 paper and is simply cringe-worthy to watch due to his incredible ability to be tricked into helping the wrong side in every story arc.

I will be completely honest though, this DOES have inherent bias to it since I am a person who prefers to see characters interact with one another and see emotional heart to heart moments in anime (some of my favorites are Anohana and Shigatsu wa kimi no uso). My other favorite genre of anime is rags to riches type animes (Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry is one of my favorites despite the ecchi). So I admit that the weaknesses of Guilty Crown may not be as prominent to those who do not prefer a strong cast of characters who are enjoyable to watch outside of large scale battles. However if you do prefer character driven plots and a powerful cast that you will actually care about, then Guilty Crown is not the anime for you.
Nov 30, 2016 3:37 PM
Dec 2008
i love this shows theme song. Atleast the first it gets me pumped up with the words i dont understand. so far im 4 eps in and im digging the show i was a code geese.
Jan 30, 2020 10:08 PM

Aug 2017
Plot sucked, lots of characters were detestable. Good production value, animation and songs. But you cannot win with a bad story and bad characters.
Jan 30, 2020 10:19 PM

Aug 2014
its alright, but i expected more, story fell apart in the middle

Mar 7, 2021 4:54 AM

Sep 2020
It's fucking horrible,on par with code geass(the bad if you take it seriously) and darling in the franxx,one of the most worst anime i ever seen,everything is so fucking obnoxious,dumb characters,plot holes even look like millions,and even a deus ex machina and plot twists is fucking dumb,worser than code geass(Albeit cg more fun due to it's mind games and many cool fun cheap twists) rushed ending.

Please skip this anime,watch CG or Attack on titan instead
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.