Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 11, 2012 3:17 PM
Feb 2011
A vote for Haruhi from Ouran HS. She never really relied on the boy's in a damsel in distress kind of way much, that I can remember. Not to mention she wasn't that girlish at all, even at the end.

^ Yay! Your vote's been counted Thank you!! ^^
-BlackRabbit-Mar 17, 2012 6:23 AM
Mar 17, 2012 12:23 AM

May 2010
Maria Kawai from Akuma to Love Song is great.first of all,she is not a cliche.She doesn't cry for smallest things so you can say she is a strong character.

Yukina Himuro from Watashi ni xx Shinasai is also a great character.I love her trying-to-fall -in-love game.

Nakaba from Reimei no Arcana is also a strong one.She does not rely on others unless she has a reason to do so.

Hibino Tsubaki from Kyou,Koi wa Hajimemasu will also catch your interest,probably...

Last but not least Yukino Miyazawa from Kare Kano is also a likable character.

Akuma to Love Song has been nominated
Watashini XX Shinasai is already in the club's relations...
Your vote was counted for Renmei no Arcana
Kyou,Koi wa Hajimemasu has been nominated although I only read 1c of it, it was all over cliche... you sure about it?
Vote counted for Kare Kano! :)

Thanks for your input! :D
-BlackRabbit-Mar 17, 2012 6:33 AM
Mar 17, 2012 4:15 PM

Jun 2008
Face_Faith said:
Users cannot submit genre edits, but you can request them here for manga.

For genre definitions look here: http://myanimelist.net/info.php?go=genre

Thanks for telling me, one of the mods added "shoujo" now :D

Yuukia-Chii said:
Your votes have been counted except for Koi Dano Ai Dano, it's already been approved! No need to vote anymore ;)

Oh, then I can put it at a lower priority, that's good xD

Alrighty! En was nominated :D
-BlackRabbit-Apr 4, 2012 3:41 PM
Mar 19, 2012 6:24 AM

May 2010
Hi!!!I have some more likable characters for you:D

1 - Yamate Midori from Uwasa no Midori-Kun,If you don't mind some football/soccer then uwasa no midori kun is pretty good.Yamate Midori is a strong character,I think you will like her but read it only if you don't mind ecchi~~

2 - Sonoda Neiro from Obaka-chan, Koigatariki,Another good manga.Neiro is likable along with everyone else.

3 - Shirayuki from Akagami no Shirayuki Hime.I haven't read much but from what I have seen,it is good.

4 - Momo & Odagiri Yume from Momo,They both are great.

5 - March Elizabeth from Dear My Girls,She is one of the best manga characters I have seen.

Also I 2nd Futaba Yoshioka from Ao Haru Ride.Count my vote...

Thank you Ahmed the Great~! :)
Here it goes...
  • Yamate Midori = don't mind the sports in the least! And don't mind the Ecchi either :) So she's been nominated! Now she only needs 5 votes OR for me to get around to read it !
  • Same goes for Neiro Sonoda ^^ Thank you for the nomination :)
  • Shirayuki = I read up until chapter 16 and I wasn't impressed... She's not the typical weak yet she didn't stand out to me as "strong" or unusual either. So I'll make you a deal, feel free to suggest her again once you read more chapters? Like 20 chapters :)
  • Momo = will be nominated but who's the lead? There's usually only one per serie. Let me know and I'll add her... I think Momo? From the description it looks like it
  • March Elizabeth = woah that looks GOOD! :o But there's no shoujo nor josei tag :/ Users cannot submit genre edits, but you can request them here for manga.
    For genre definitions look here: http://myanimelist.net/info.php?go=genre
    And please do, that manga looks awesome :)
  • Ao Haru Ride = vote counted my dear! ^^

Thank you sooo much for your input! I highly appreciate it :)
-BlackRabbit-Apr 4, 2012 4:33 PM
Mar 19, 2012 10:53 PM
Jun 2011
Hrm. I nominate Etou Kizuna from Torikagosou no Kyou mo Nemutai Juunintachi.

Also, placing votes for those already on the list:

Kawai, Maria (Akuma to Love Song)
Kousaki, Kayana (By Hero)
Mikoto Kujou (Last Game)
Hanazono Hikari (Special A)
Tachibana Mei (Sukitte Li Na Yo)

I'm sure there are tons more out there, but for now, we'll stick with these. Hope this helps!

Oh my gosh VOTES :O
I love you !! xD
Etou was nominated! Thanks, that one has been in my Plan to Read for ages, you just moved it up a notch :)
All your votes were counted :D
Your input is much appreciated, THANK YOU :)
-BlackRabbit-Apr 4, 2012 4:40 PM
Mar 29, 2012 1:33 AM

Jun 2008
I'll also vote for Kujou, Mikoto from Last Game. You could say she's a combination of the heroines from Kaichou wa Maid-sama! (without the tsundere aspect) and OHSHC.

^ Vote counted!
-BlackRabbit-Apr 4, 2012 3:42 PM
Mar 31, 2012 8:39 AM
Jan 2012
Huhu~ YO~~~~~~~~~~~!
Newbie here huhu~ I'm glad that this club exist in MAL! >.<

I vote for...
Kurosaki Mafuyu
Ayuzawa Misaki
Sakura Mikan haha maybe not! I take that back huhu I just remembered that she likes to cry a lot but she is a strong character. I mean she's getting stonger by each chapter.
Kurebayashi Teru
Fujioka Haruhi
Tsubasa Uehara

Muhahahhahahaha!!!XD

First off, welcome to the club ^^
Hope you enjoy it and mostly, find it usefull! Be sure to visit often :)
Secondly, THANK YOU for linking your heroines, it helps a lot !!!
Thirdly :
  • Mafuyu is in the Club's relation, no need to vote. The ones needing votes are in the first post of this thread ;)
  • Your vote for Kaichou-wa has been counted!
  • Gakuen Alice... does she REALLY get stronger as chapters go? Coz crybabies aren't welcome here muhahaha! >:] I wouldn't want for our members to pick it up and be disappointed ;) Should I count your vote as a -1? It's perfectly fine to vote against a heroine so do feel free to do so okay? Anyway, let me know! ^^
  • I loooove Teru! :D But like Kachou-wa, she made it through the voting phase. She's in the clubs relations ! (Yusss! :3) So no need to vote for her anymore ;)
  • Haruhia Fujioka = vote counted (^o^)y
  • Tsubasa Uehara has been nominated! Now all she needs is to get 5 votes OR for me to get around to read it :)

I would recommend reading one of the manga in the club's relation, you won't be disappointed :)
And finally, it would really help me if you picked up one of the series suggested in the first post. Especially those under "Nominees -> Priorities".
Oh and nice to meet you! ^^
-BlackRabbit-Apr 4, 2012 4:08 PM
Apr 8, 2012 8:03 AM

May 2010
Ahmed here with two more recommendation:D

Antoweif, Asurey from A Kiss to the Prince,,It is manhwa by the way so read it from left to right if you like it.it is from the same mangaka as the one from Dear my girls (which is also a manhwa).

Hinamori Amu from Shugo Chara.I am amazed that no one voted for her.

I vote for kujou Mikoto from Last game & Tsubasa Uehara from Arisa too as well as Fujioka Haruhi from Ouran high school host club.

Gald you like March Elizabeth from Dear my girls.I requested the shoujo tag for it & it seems like they added it in shoujo genre.Now you are ready to give it a chance,:)
ahmed_great2005 said:

• Momo = will be nominated but who's the lead? There's usually only one per serie. Let me know and I'll add her... I think Momo? From the description it looks like it

• To answer your previous question Odagiri Yume is the protagonist.

Yosh! Added all three :)

-BlackRabbit-Aug 30, 2012 7:40 AM
    Apr 8, 2012 7:38 PM
    Feb 2012
    I vote for Mizutani Shizuku, I like her a lot and also her role in Tonari no Kaibutsu kun :3

Why?

I half expected her to lose her cool-for-everything-except-studies composure when she realises that she is in love. But she doesn't, and continues on her all-for-studying-and-studying-only attitude while dismissing the guy's attempt to get closer to her while not denying that she loves him. That is in itself an awesome thing, her struggles seem really legit and her reactions to different situations is just hilarious and at times easy to relate to. She's the reason why the guy behaves properly, absolutely practical and far from naive, cooks well but studies even better, fell in love with a guy but balances every new found emotion with a practical reaction. Hopefully people will learn more about Shizuku the ice queen and the awesome manga, Tonari no Kaibutsu kun <3

She looks awesome :D
    Your nomination was added to the list! Thanks ^^

-BlackRabbit-Aug 30, 2012 7:43 AM
    Apr 22, 2012 2:19 PM

Oct 2011
    I vote for:

Kawai, Maria (Akuma To Love Song)
    Hanazono, Hikari "Miss Rank Two" (Special A)
    Ayuzawa, Misaki "Devil President, Kaichou" (Kaichou Wa Maid-Sama)

I want to nominate:
    "Choi Yodah" Choi (from He Dedicated To Roses)
    Hana "Megane" Adachi (from Yankee-kun to Megane-chan)

Omg votes!! TT_TT
    *bows down*

Votes counted, Choi added but Yankee-kun to Megane-chan doesn't have a shoujo tag :(
    -BlackRabbit-Aug 30, 2012 7:48 AM
    Jul 1, 2012 5:52 PM

Feb 2012
    I vote for:

Tsukushi Makino and Hana Yori Dango
    Misaki Ayuzawa and Kaichou wa Maid Sama
    Haruhi Fukjioka and Ouran High School Host Club
    Sunako Nakahara and Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge
    Maria Kawai and Akuma to Love Song
    Tsukasa Kozuki and Tokyo Crazy Paradise
    Mikoto Kujou and Last Game
    Hikari Hanazono and Special A
    Kiri Koshiba and Beauty Pop

By the way, I really, really love this club!! Just so you know.

OMG, OMG, OMG!!!
    VOTES!!! I love you! :D
    I also love that you love this club! :3

All your votes were counted; you were the fifth voter for Special A!! Thus, added to the manga relations :D
    Hell yeah!! ^-^

Kaichou-wa I agree with Alynitca; she doesn't fit this club anymore... at first maybe but as the manga progresses, she becomes a cliché :(

-BlackRabbit-Aug 30, 2012 8:02 AM
    Jul 2, 2012 8:54 AM
    Jan 2011
    Voting for:

Misaki (Kaichou wa Maid-sama)
    Kujou (Last Game)
    Haruhi (Ouran High School Host Club)
    Tsukasa (Tokyo Crazy Paradise)
    Kiri (Beauty Pop)

Would like to mention:

Shirayuki (Akagami no Shirayuki-hime)
    Feng Lan/Prince (1/2 Prince)

By the way, is it possible to down vote a character?

Votes counted 'cept... Kaichou-wa I agree with Alynitca; she doesn't fit this club anymore... at first maybe but as the manga progresses, she becomes a cliché :( She's been added to the refused character list at the bottom of the post.

Akagami no Shirayuki Hime has been added although I'm pretty sure she doesn't fit criteria #8... we'll see.
    1/2 Prince is not Shoujo :(
    -BlackRabbit-Aug 30, 2012 8:09 AM
    Jul 15, 2012 9:28 AM

Feb 2012
    Meister said:

By the way, is it possible to down vote a character?

I'm not sure, but if is, I down vote Misaki. She breaks two of the rules posted on the homepage (rule 5 and 8).

Yup, it totally is and I'm counting on it!
    I agree with you regarding Kaichou-wa, maybe not so much at first but def as the story progresses, she turns into a cliché. She's been added to the Refused Character list at the bottom of the post.

Thanks for down voting; it's as (if not more) important then up voting! :)
    -BlackRabbit-Aug 30, 2012 8:11 AM
    Aug 29, 2012 4:58 AM

Mar 2010
    Of course you can downvote you guys, it's the whole point! :)
    Otherwise... it's just a matter of time before a manga gets added you know... and that defeats the purpose.

For those who haven't read my beautiful image (which I took time to make - read : "GO READ MY FREACKIN' BEAUTIFUL IMAGE!") ;)

Here are the rules again :

MEMBERS WE NEED YOUR HELP!
    1. Browse the list of nominees below
    2. Let us know which nominees you can vote for (or not)
    3. Once a nominee gets FIVE (5) votes, they'll be added or refused
    Aug 30, 2012 7:31 AM

Nov 2009
    OMG, such an amazing thread, can't believe I missed it ~.~

First and first,
    Suggesting:
    1. Junai Tokkou Taichou!
    -----Chiemi Yusa
    She is definitely not a damsel in distress. Even though she's violent, she also has inner strength and meets all the requirements. I don't think I ever saw her cry or ask for help and she definitely doesn't turn helpless talking with her boyfriend.

2. Not a popular manga yet but...
    Usotsuki Lily
    -----Saotome, Hinata
    Hinata is... well, not a damsel in distress, she's not naive, she's quite confident in her appearance, she never cries and she never gets kidnapped/abused/used. Meets the requirements.

I also wanted to say about how disappointed I was not seeing Dengeki Diasy on the list, but then I saw it on the front page already added so I'm sorry for being disappointed even for a second-! C:

Now let's get voting~
    I UpVote for:
    Yoshioka Futaba [Ao Haru Ride]
    Kino Hime [Seiyuu Ka-!]
    Kaburagi Naka [Nousatsu Junkie]
    Tachibana Mei [Sukitte Li Na Yo]

I DownVote for:
    Makino Tsukushi [Hana Yori Dango]
    She breaks some laws: 1,2,5,8
    I simply can't see her as a strong heroine. Of course, at the beginning she's more than a strong heroine but after she falls for the guy she becomes... a weak heroine. Well this is my opinion, hence I downvote her, if I can? since she has 0 votes.

Ayuzawa Misaki [Kaichou wa Maid-sama!]
    3 votes? seriously? people don't read the rules. It clearly says she mustn't turn helpless when the guy talks to her, cry a lot and be kidnapped/abused/used easily. She doesn't deserve to be called "strong".

Well, this is all for the moment. I'm sorry if I was harsh and maybe definitely I will be hated for downvoting misaki, but don't misunderstand. I don't hate her. Actually I like that she is responsible and rough with the boys but this is a club for strong heroines, not favourite ones. Many people like me for example come here looking for shoujos with strong heroines. What will they think when they see Misaki crying and turning numb and naive when it comes to Usui.
    even tho I understand we can't meet all the requirements

Ok added Junai Tokkou; looks pretty good :)
    Sorry to tell you however that Usotsuki Lily was debated and refused :(
    Saotome, Hinata #7 and gets all weak with the guy (for more details, please see this post & this post)

Dengeki Daisy is my fav shoujo manga, of course it's in the club's relations xD
    <3

Hana Yori Dango is one even I'm not sure about; hence why I decided to let it go through the voting phase. Yes you can down vote a "0", if she reaches -5, she'll be moved to the refused characters list :) - note that she reached +1 though, I just hadn't updated this thread in a while xP So now she's back at 0 again.... this is the second time it happens lol, she got +2 votes and -2 votes... everyone isn't sure I guess :)

Totally with you on Kaichou-wa; she's been moved to the refused list at the bottom of the post. And no, people do NOT read rules *sigh*

HinoKahoko said:
    this is a club for strong heroines, not favourite ones

Pardon my language but I'm fucking glad you joined :)

Alright, lots of more work to be done!
    Thank you again for all these inputs! And WELCOME :)
    -BlackRabbit-Aug 30, 2012 9:07 AM
    Aug 30, 2012 8:13 AM

Mar 2010

First and first : thank you for using URLs!!! I love you.
    I also like the different sizes of text, makes it easier to read :3

Ok, gonna read it now :)
    Aug 30, 2012 3:48 PM

Feb 2012
    I've only seen about half of the anime (crappy subs - I plan on buying the Funimation DVDs soon), but so far, Sana Kurata from Kodocha seems to fit the bill. The only rule I think she breaks is 2, and that's justified - she's eleven years old. I think it's forgivable that she doesn't know what a pimp is.

I upvote Sana because she's courageous, outgoing, popular, and a leader. When her love interest, Hayama, is being a jerk...Well, she becomes worse than a jerk. Without giving away any spoilers, the quote "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned," seems to be made for Sana.

She's definitely Hayama's equal. She cries once in a while, but she's eleven year old and a major drama queen. Sana is not a damsel in distress, either. She much prefers to be the hero. But she is not violent and she is not tsundere. She's simply a handful.

She's been nominated but you can't upvote a serie you suggested yourself ;) The arguments are good though, I'll refer to them when someone votes for/against your nomination.

Thank you! :)

-BlackRabbit-Aug 31, 2012 6:08 AM
    Aug 30, 2012 4:49 PM
    Jul 2012
    I haven't watched many animes or read many mangas so I don't think I'll be much of help.

Kyouko Mogami from Skip Beat. I hope she doesn't turn out like Misaki from Kaicho-wa Maid Sama.

Sunako Nakahara from Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge. She lives with four guys but she isn't all naive and weak. She does get constant nose bleeds when she sees them, but that's due to her fear of "bright" creatures (She gets nosebleeds with pretty girls too).

Haruna Nagashima from High School Debut (Koukou Debut). She's a tomboy and very hardworking. She did want to get a boyfriend in the beginning since she though that High School life is all about dating but I don't think of her in the weak way. She's very hardworking too. I'm not sure if she's completely anti-shoujo cliché though. She does get a bit cliché as the story process but I tthink she was able to go back to her normal way by the end of the manga :)

Ida Choi from He's Dedicated to Roses. She reminds of Hyun-Bin from Love in the Mask. They're very similar too. She does dress up as a boy, but that's only when she's Choi Yodah. She's extremely strong and her sarcastic thought are funny too :)

Hyun-Bin Suh from Love in The Mask. Very strong and since she's suppose to be a boy, not that feminine and weak ^-^

Haruhi Fujioka from Ouran Koukou Host Club. A lot of people nominated her, probably because of her blunt personality and the fact that she doesn't mind wearing boy clothing and she's not that naive girl that thinks boys are everything. She even goes studying a broad. knowing that she'd leave her boyfriend in Japan (he follows her though.)

Hoped I help :D

I'm counting those as votes(?)
    Skip beat is already in the Club's relations... no need to vote for it unless you think it doesn't belong there anymore.
    Yikes, koukou debut... ô.O Well it's not nominated... did you want to nominate it? You don't seem so sure yourself... do you really think she fits this club? O.ô

Fujioka, Haruhi from OHSHC reached 5 votes coz of you; added to the Club's Realtion! *pops champaign*

I read Koukou Debut along time ago so I don't remember much of it, just the general plot :) But yeah, I remembered, she's too naive...
    BeathebearAug 31, 2012 9:05 AM
    Aug 30, 2012 5:21 PM

Feb 2012
    Beathebear said:
    Haruna Nagashima from High School Debut (Koukou Debut). She's a tomboy and very hardworking. She did want to get a boyfriend in the beginning since she though that High School life is all about dating but I don't think of her in the weak way. She's very hardworking too. I'm not sure if she's completely anti-shoujo cliché though. She does get a bit cliché as the story process but I tthink she was able to go back to her normal way by the end of the manga :)

I have a soft spot for Haruna. I also think she's strong, but I haven't voted for her, because she does break some rules; 2, 7, and 8, to be specific.

When it comes to our brave little heroine, her weaknesses are huge and her strengths are huge. What makes her stereotypical and weak is made up by what makes her unique and strong. She's pretty controversial. I think many will either love her or hate her.

Very clear explaination; I'm adding her to the refused character list so she won't get nominated again.
    Thank you!
    -BlackRabbit-Aug 31, 2012 6:21 AM
    Aug 30, 2012 5:29 PM
    Jul 2012
    Her strong points do make up for a lot of her flaws, and I do think she's not that weak like most stereotypes. But I guess she does break some of the rules so that makes her a no... I still like her very much :) especially her determination and obliviousness of social happenings :) And the one-shot in the end shows that even though she really wanted to see Yoh she still gave the tickets to one of her co-workers cause she's a nice person in general.
    Aug 30, 2012 5:37 PM

Feb 2012
    Beathebear said:
    Her strong points do make up for a lot of her flaws, and I do think she's not that weak like most stereotypes. But I guess she does break some of the rules so that makes her a no... I still like her very much :) especially her determination and obliviousness of social happenings :) And the one-shot in the end shows that even though she really wanted to see Yoh she still gave the tickets to one of her co-workers cause she's a nice person in general.

It also shows that she's not dependent upon him. In my opinion, Haruna is the man in the relationship - what with her shoveling the snow from his driveway without being asked, giving Yoh her jacket when he's cold, and being physically stronger than him, too.

Plus, she's so passionate and caring, yet with flaws. When his ex girlfriend pops up, instead of trying to monopolize him, she forces him to get "closure". Yet, when Yoh starts becoming close with another female friend, she expresses her jealousy and even gains weight from eating out of depression. That's very human, to gain weight.
    Cpl_BallerinaAug 31, 2012 5:53 PM
    Aug 31, 2012 12:03 AM

Nov 2009
    hm... I wouldn't name Haruna a weak heroine but she's not that strong, either of course, we aren't reffering to physical strength, since she has enough. And I also love Haruna but even though she's strong physically she's naive and gets used easily and cries if something doesn't happen how she wants and she's also very angsty about her outer appearance. It's like Saotome Hinata from Usotsuki Lily which was rejected, not weak but doesn't meet the requirements.

Thanks for your input, having not read it I was starting to hesitate.
    Haruna is rejected!
    -BlackRabbit-Aug 31, 2012 6:24 AM
    Aug 31, 2012 3:12 AM

Apr 2012
    i vote for :
    ~ kawaii maria (akuma to love song) - vote counted

~ tsubasa uehara (arisa) - vote counted

~ shirayuki (akagami no shirayuki hime) - vote counted

~ kubozuka yuiko (beast master) - nominated

~ kurebayashi teru (dengeki daisy) - Already in the Club's related manga, no need to vote

~ lys lily (hanatsukihime) - nominated.

~ sugina hatsune (kimi wa girlfriend) - nominated.

(i'm sorry, i'm quite confused with the votings and stuff.. - it's not complicated if you take the 5s required to read the rules on the first post - so i don't know what i should vote or nominate .. - read the rules, you'll know - sorry for combining the listed and unlisted characters >_<;;;; )
    -BlackRabbit-Sep 8, 2012 6:50 AM

http://12years.smackjeeves.com : READ MY ORIGINAL WEBMANGA!
    Sep 1, 2012 1:28 PM

Mar 2010
    Special A and the case of the Hard workers!

You can be tempted to nominate or vote for a character you like because you find her strong and granted, we're all on the look-out for those gals!

However, being a hard-worker isn't related to their behavior towards romance. I could see a heroine being a hard worker yet still a cliché... could happen. And it has.

Special A
    This is exactly the case of Special A where the lead struggles constantly to prove herself (mainly to herself...), she studies hard, she does clubs activities all the way, never refuses to help others, never turns down a challenge and the classic : she screams often and for the smallest things.

Sadly though, she breaks one fundamental rule of this club and she breaks it repeatedly!

Rule #2 : too naive (especially for her age)

• When she falls down in the basketball match and Kei (M.Expressionless) runs to her with a face that's anything but calm, she's red to her ears and yet she thinks what? "I got to see something good" referring to him loosing his composure and not to his reaction to her injury or to her own emotions at the time;
    • She never realized he liked her, someone actually had to tell her(!!!);
    • She takes too long to realize her own feelings;
    • She can never see the "aura" coming off of Kei and is utterly oblivious to his emotions (when he gets angry because another touches her, etc) while, on the other hand, everyone around them notices...;
    • Never realizes... well anything on her own.

She's strong, she doesn't rely on others, doesn't cry all the time, doesn't spend the day in the kitchen (thank god coz she sucks at it!) but she's just too naive to be allowed in this club. I couldn't get passed ch11.
    Sep 1, 2012 2:27 PM

Feb 2012
    I'll have to downvote Amu Hinamori from Shugo Chara. Shugo Chara was my first anime, as well as my first manga, so it will always have special place in my heart. However, Amu is a stereotype.

Rule #3:
    - When Amu attempts to bake cookies for Tadase, and Ikuto destroys them, she begins to cry.

Rule #5:
    - Nearly the whole Amuto (Amu x Ikuto) relationship.

Rule #6:
    - Feels constantly pressured to dress a certain way, as to not disappoint her fanbase, which has built her up to be a cool and spicy girl.

She has probably broken many more rules, but I have not read the manga/seen the anime in years.
    Sep 1, 2012 2:32 PM

Feb 2012
    I am also downvoting Mei Tachibana from Sukitte Li Na Yo. I just recently started reading it (I am about four chapters deep), and already she is clearly a cliche.

Rule #4:
    - Expresses zero feelings towards love interest until he protects her from a possible stalker.

Rule #5:
    - If you've read the manga, then there is no need to pinpoint a specific scene, because this has basically been the case on every single page so far.
    Sep 2, 2012 12:15 PM

Nov 2011
    I nominate for Nino, Okamura from Kyou no Kira-kun

I've read the summaries up to chapter 12, I think until now there isn't anything cliche.
    At beginning, she seems to be dull, and an outcast, but she improves very well.

I up vote for:

Mizutani, Shizuku from Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
    Yoshioka Futaba from Ao Haru Ride

I down vote for:

Hinamori Amu from Shugo Chara
    > She seems to be " Cool & Spicy", but after a while turns into cliche.
    Shugo chara is one of my all time fave manga & anime, it's my first shoujo and manga

Neiro Sonoda from Obaka-chan Koigatariki
    > I totally agree she strong physically, but not mentally.
    She is too naive and gets tricked easily.
    QualmSep 2, 2012 12:28 PM
    Sep 2, 2012 2:48 PM

Feb 2012
    -Rollin- said:
    I nominate for Nino, Okamura from Kyou no Kira-kun

I've read the summaries up to chapter 12, I think until now there isn't anything cliche.
    At beginning, she seems to be dull, and an outcast, but she improves very well.

I up vote for:

You have to provide a reason for them to be an ASH.

-Rollin- said:
    I down vote for:

Hinamori Amu from Shugo Chara
    > She seems to be " Cool & Spicy", but after a while turns into cliche.
    Shugo chara is one of my all time fave manga & anime, it's my first shoujo and manga

Two people downvoted it. Is that enough to add it to the refused characters list?
    Sep 3, 2012 11:44 AM

Mar 2010
    Alynitca said:
    You have to provide a reason for them to be an ASH.

I like justification for nominations as they provide arguments but they're not mandatory. It's hard enough to get people involved, I don't want it to become too much work for them to just nominate.
    Especially since I intent to read all those manga and will disqualify whoever doesn't fit the club ;)

Both of you seem to love Shugo Chara yet you both down voted her so I'm inclined to say yes. However, we require five (5) votes to pass or fail a serie. Since my beloved admin (Alynitca) voted, everything is possible...
    1- HinoKahoko, what's your take on it?
    2 - -Rollin- can you tell me which rules you think Hinamori breaks?
    I'll take it from there.

All votes and nomination have been counted.
    -Rollin- you get a gift!
    Sep 3, 2012 12:23 PM

Feb 2012
    -BlackRabbit- said:

I like justification for nominations as they provide arguments but they're not mandatory. It's hard enough to get people involved, I don't want it to become too much work for them to just nominate.
    Especially since I intent to read all those manga and will disqualify whoever doesn't fit the club ;)

Oh, really? Whoops! I understand that logic. People are lazy, and if making reasons optional is what gets people to participate, then so be it.

-BlackRabbit- said:
    Both of you seem to love Shugo Chara yet you both down voted her so I'm inclined to say yes. However, we require five (5) votes to pass or fail a serie. Since my beloved admin (Alynitca) voted, everything is possible...
    1- HinoKahoko, what's your take on it?
    2 - -Rollin- can you tell me which rules you think Hinamori breaks?
    I'll take it from there.

Oh, I haven't watched Shugo Chara since I was eleven years old. I doubt I'd like it much now. I was just saying that I don't hate it, because it's sentimental to me. Amu is most definitely a stereotype.
    Cpl_BallerinaSep 3, 2012 12:32 PM
    Sep 3, 2012 12:48 PM

Jul 2009
    I nominate
    http://myanimelist.net/manga/4207/Boku_no_Hatsukoi_wo_Kimi_ni_Sasagu
    the heroine is very strong mentally and she doesn't love the guy because he can protect her she appears very realistic to me and the whole story made me cry
    Sep 3, 2012 2:42 PM

Mar 2010
    Alynitca said:
    I was just saying that I don't hate it, because it's sentimental to me. Amu is most definitely a stereotype.

Alright, I'll take your word on it seeing as you seem to have good judgment and objectivity (and I really don't feel like reading it)

@Loskierek Tks for the nomination! ^^
    Boku no Hatsukoi wo Kimi ni Sasagu has been nominated but...

I'll leave this one to my elves as I read it a long time ago and while I remember the jest of the story (thus don't feel incline to re-reading it) I don't recall whether the Heroine is a cliché or not.
    Sep 3, 2012 4:16 PM

Nov 2011
    The reason I up voted for:

> she is smart, honest with her feeling, she never cries, independent,
    not a damsel in distress.

> So far she is a good character, she is not a damsel in distress, doesn't get helpless and gooey when the guy talks to her.
    -------------------------------------------------------------

Hinamori Amu breaks highly breaks the fifth law, and the fourth law, and a little bit of the third law.

Also Neiro Sonoda breaks the second law, and the eighth law
    Sep 4, 2012 2:08 AM

Oct 2008
    i vote for Mayu from BokuKimi and Tsukushi from Hana Yori..

also, i would like to nominate
  • Aizawa Haruna from Saruyama!
  • Kurata Sana from Kodomo no Omocha
  • Mamiya (Maku), Shizuka from Sonan Jyanaiyo
  • Wakamura Sachie from Arakure
  • Tateishi Ayu from Ultra Maniac
  • Nana from Othello

feel free to reject any of them if it doesn't fit the list in your opinion.. :)

Votes counted; series nominated!
    Thank you -.^
  • -BlackRabbit-Sep 5, 2012 4:44 AM
    Sep 4, 2012 2:18 AM

Jul 2009
    i vote for Torikagosou no Kyou mo Nemutai Juunintachi

Vote counted! Thanks
    -BlackRabbit-Sep 5, 2012 4:45 AM
    Sep 4, 2012 1:46 PM

Feb 2012
    czerah said:

• Kurata Sana from Kodomo no Omocha

• Thank you! :D

SOMEBODY JUST UPVOTED MY NOMINEE. YESH!
    *throws flower petals everywhere and skips merrily around Czerah*

-BlackRabbit- said:
    I'll leave this one to my elves as I read it a long time ago and while I remember the jest of the story (thus don't feel incline to re-reading it) I don't recall whether the Heroine is a cliché or not.

Yes, ma'am! On it! *salutes*
    Sep 5, 2012 4:46 AM

Mar 2010
    Thanks Alynitca! ^-^
    Sep 6, 2012 5:57 AM

Nov 2009
    Hello hello~ I see lots of new things around so I wanna try again~

Suggesting:
    1. Yoroshiku Master
    -----Kurumi Sagara
    Okey, so, let's take it in order. Kurumi is not a damsel in distress, almost never needs any help. Actually the manga was dropped by the scanlation team but I don't think it matters here, right? And I don't think she's naive, even though she accepts things easily but it's a manga so these are fictional things. She rarely is seen in the school so valentine chocolates law is met. She falls for the guy because... she likes him. I mean, she doesn't need any help from him. She doesn't turn helpless if the guy talks to her (sometimes blushes, but even teru does it). Never talks about her outer appearance. Never cries (from what I can remember). And she doesn't get used/kidnapped or abused easily. It's long but I covered everything xD

2. Kamisama Hajimemashita
    -----Nanami Momozono
    I don't remember the details but I think I'd have remembered if she was naive, a damsel in distress or a crybaby (damn it, it's okay to cry if your father runs away and leaves you homeless xD). I'm a bit unsure about #4 but I'd like opinions, I don't wanna miss suggesting this manga only because I thought so. She gets once or twice kidnapped but not so easily.

Now let's get voting~
    I UpVote for:
    Shirayuki [Akagami no Shirayuki Hime]
    Koshiba, Kiri [Beauty Pop]
    Kousaki Kayana [By Hero]
    Kurata, Sana [Kodomo no Omocha]
    Aizawa, Haruna [Saruyama!]

I DownVote for:
    Taneda, Mayu [Boku no Hatsukoi wo Kimi ni Sasagu]
    I didn't read it much but I remember her breaking #2 and #7. Even so, I remember her being a weak heroine.

Tachibana, Meru [Fly High!]
    She's soooo breaking #2 Of course, she's strong, she trained so all her life but it's physical strength. C'mon, she didn't tell her father she's a girl until that age? Something's definitely wrong.

Have a good day~
    Hino~
    Sep 6, 2012 1:50 PM

Feb 2012
    HinoKahoko said:

I DownVote for:
    I didn't read it much but I remember her breaking #2 and #7. Even so, I remember her being a weak heroine.

I am planning to read that right after I am done responding to you. That is actually a manga that -BlackRabbit- says that she is unsure about, since she read it long ago and remembers it being too heavy to reread. I'll add Boku no Hatsukoi and the other suggestions soon (not now, because I am still confused about how the first page is supposed to be organized), and I'll count your votes along with mine (whatever they shall be).

Unless -BlackRabbit- beats me to it. She designed the list, so she knows how it's supposed to go.
    Sep 7, 2012 8:32 AM

Jan 2011
    Um, not sure if this is the right place, but may I suggest a list of nominees along with their voters (both ups and downs) be made (if it hasn't been made yet)? It doesn't need to be publicized, but I reckon it might help avoid "double-voting" by accident.

The reason I suggest this is because I looked at the list and wanted to put in my votes, but I wasn't really sure which one had already got my vote, so... =|
    I know I should keep track of my choices, or at least go back and check my votes (sorry!), but I think some others might have the same problem, too. When the pages get above 10, I highly doubt they might want to go all the way back and... you know. ^^" Plus, the list can also help make sure the votes are not made twice just in case. ;D

Anyhow... (I'll go back and check my votes after this.)
    1 vote up for:
    Meru Tachibana (Fly High) - She's physically strong and determined to finish her goal. She is beaten up and (depressed?) but then gets back up again? I read this a long time ago, so I can't remember much of the details, but I'm quite sure it's one of the stories that get a fairly high score from me because of the female lead.

Kujou Mikoto (Last Game) - Smart, calm, a little bit lacking in life experience but in overall still super cool. Wait, I think I voted for her already? Yep, I nominated her.=|

Kaburagi Naka (Nousatsu Junkie) - She does cry, for good reasons, though. She doesn't give up easily and acts as a supporter for her boyfriend and their relationship a lot. There was one moment where she quite surprised me:
    Already voted.

Kino, Hime (Seiyuu Ka-!) - From the author of Special A. Hikaru did once or twice irritate me for a bit, but Hime has so far been pretty nice. She is definitely strong-willed and determined to fulfill her dream. She can be a little naive, though (which is, however, not to the point of annoyance for me)

Mizutani, Shizuku (Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun) - Another quite similar version of Kujou? I must say I prefer Kujou but there is nothing wrong with Shizuku, really. If anything, she's probably better at handling her relationships?

Plus, if possible, I nominate:
    Itou, Chihiro (Suki desu Suzuki-kun!!) - A yes from me for her 'sacrifice' (big word, but well...) and ability to recover. She is forgiving and kind-hearted. Note that the database lists her as a "main" character, but the story seems to strongly focus on Hoshino and her relationship. If Hoshino happens to be on the list, though, it's a big no from me. <<" I got tired of her crying and naivety.

1 vote down for:
    Tsubasa Uehara (Arisa) - #1, #8 and possibly #4. She was cool and strong at first, and then the whole twin sister thing and her sister's boyfriend just made her turn all gooey and ugh. =| I would drop the manga if it didn't appear to be reaching the end.

Ida Choi (He's Dedicated to Roses) - Probably one of the stories that I will continue to regret for all of its potential being ruined terribly by the female lead.=| The moment the boyfriend appeared, the strong, determined, bad-ass female lead I like got replaced with a wimpy crybaby.

Hibino, Tsubaki (Kyou, Koi wo Hajimamasu) - #1, #2, possibly #7 and #8? I dropped this one so I can't remember quite clearly, but she is definitely one of the turning-gooey-after-having-a-boyfriend type of leads for me.

Also, does Cucumber Sandwich actually have a female lead with her romance? I haven't read the story yet, but the manga description doesn't show anything along the line? o_o

Okay, hopefully I didn't vote twice...

On a side note, not sure if anyone has noticed it but... aren't we trying to bring together the stereotypes with a list of "un-stereotypical" characters? Is this what is considered as ironic? XD
    Edea_SorceressSep 7, 2012 8:41 AM
    Sep 7, 2012 12:46 PM

Feb 2012
    Edea_Sorceress said:
    Um, not sure if this is the right place, but may I suggest a list of nominees along with their voters (both ups and downs) be made (if it hasn't been made yet)? It doesn't need to be publicized, but I reckon it might help avoid "double-voting" by accident.

The reason I suggest this is because I looked at the list and wanted to put in my votes, but I wasn't really sure which one had already got my vote, so... =|
    I know I should keep track of my choices, or at least go back and check my votes (sorry!), but I think some others might have the same problem, too. When the pages get above 10, I highly doubt they might want to go all the way back and... you know. ^^" Plus, the list can also help make sure the votes are not made twice just in case. ;D

I think that is a good idea. I'll probably put it in the admins section and check over it every once in a while.

Gah, that is a lot of reading I'll have to do. I might procrastinate for 30 minutes, but I'll get it done before today is over.
    Sep 7, 2012 3:03 PM

Jun 2008
    HinoKahoko said:
    I DownVote for:

People kept talking about it in the club comments, so I started this one. I read the first volume in one go (the first five chapters) for now and I don't see how she's weak at all. O.O How is she naïve? When the guy lied to her saying everything is all right, she kept asking him about it instead of believing in his lies. If anything, it's the opposite. Up until I read, she was shown until she was 12 years old, I think it's completely okay for a girl of that age and most of all in such a situation to cry. ô.o It's probably better to read it until the end, but I'm not too interested in the manga tbh... ~_~ I'm not sure if she's exceptionally strong, but I don't consider her weak at all. I mean for now I don't see how any of the eight criteria apply to her, but I wouldn't say that makes her strong. Although coping with such a situation at such a young age is commendable imo.

HinoKahoko said:
    2. Kamisama Hajimemashita
    -----Nanami Momozono
    I don't remember the details but I think I'd have remembered if she was naive, a damsel in distress or a crybaby (damn it, it's okay to cry if your father runs away and leaves you homeless xD). I'm a bit unsure about #4 but I'd like opinions, I don't wanna miss suggesting this manga only because I thought so. She gets once or twice kidnapped but not so easily.

I've been thinking of suggesting Nanami (+ KH), but I'm not sure if this club's idea of strength is the as same kind I see in her :S I've read 70+ chapters and at first I really thought she wouldn't qualify as a strong person, others might have perceived her as normal or some even as weak, but in the later half I became sure of it. Her personality is very much like Kagome's from Inuyasha if you ask me, might get in trouble often (not her fault XD) but instead of relying on someone else while waiting, she thinks of a solution on her own. If she got kidnapped, it's because she couldn't do anything as Nanami is "only" a human being... So I'd like to vote for both her and the manga. (Oh, and I don't think criterium #4 applies at all... I would never even think that o.o)

But wait...
    HinoKahoko said:
    (damn it, it's okay to cry if your father runs away and leaves you homeless xD)

So that's okay, but in Boku no Hatsukoi wo Kimi ni Sasagu it's not? ô.o

Edea_Sorceress said:
    Mizutani, Shizuku (Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun) - Another quite similar version of Kujou? I must say I prefer Kujou but there is nothing wrong with Shizuku, really. If anything, she's probably better at handling her relationships?

If it's okay, I'd like to vote for Shizuku as well. I've only read six chapters up until now, though. But it looks like we can "downvote" even after reading one or two chapters, so... ^^' I'm going to continue reading either way, but I'm sure she won't change the way she is right now. o.o (When I thought of what she's like just now, Kujou came to my mind as well XD)
    Sep 7, 2012 6:20 PM

Feb 2012
    Alynitca said:
    Edea_Sorceress said:

I think that is a good idea. I'll probably put it in the admins section and check over it every once in a while.

Gah, that is a lot of reading I'll have to do. I might procrastinate for 30 minutes, but I'll get it done before today is over.

Although a delayed update, better late than never.

Because it would take a while to record all previous votes by myself (although it would be a breeze if I had help), I am deciding to start recording individual votes now.
    Sep 7, 2012 8:24 PM

Jan 2011
    :)) Okay. Then if you don't mind, I'll record the past votes (up to this post).

Another thing that was brought to my attention when I read Face_Faith's post is that some of the qualified manga and the nominees are still ongoing. So I was wondering if it would be possible for us to put up a character for reconsiderations, or remove our votes (possibly only in the case that the character is still being considered)? It can be unlikely that the leads will change (for the better or worse) so much after a while, but I reckon it is not impossible.

Plus, I also notice that we have more members now, but not many are voting (regularly). So perhaps it would encourage them to join if there were some kind of thread or place that (weekly/monthly?) features nominees? A poll can be made for the convenience and used to aid in assessing, but it would be more reliable if people make a post for their choice?

Up to page 2. First name on the list is the one who nominated the character. I thought it might be convenient to put in the ones that have already been accepted/rejected as well, just in case.
    (down) = Vote against
    There might be some mistakes.

@-BlackRabbit-: I'm not quite sure which one you voted for and against, as I guess that might have been done when the updates were made. I only put your username next to the ones that I'm quite sure about, so you might want to recheck it. ' '
    Edea_SorceressSep 7, 2012 9:22 PM
    Sep 8, 2012 7:35 AM

Mar 2010
    Kamisama Hajimemashita I have to say I read a few chapters but quickly dropped it. However, I think she doesn't fit rule #3 as she aims to please all the time and rule #8 since she's 100% defenceless and ungarded.

Argue against my arguments otherwise I'm refusing her :P

Alynitca said:
    Unless -BlackRabbit- beats me to it. She designed the list, so she knows how it's supposed to go.

Yup, that's right; taking care of the list ^-^

Edea_Sorceress: Asper usual, I love your recommendation for the club; as per usual, you're giving so much work xD
    List has been edited to reflect all past voters :)

Edea_Sorceress said:
    Note that the database lists her as a "main" character, but the story seems to strongly focus on Hoshino and her relationship. If Hoshino happens to be on the list, though, it's a big no from me. <<" I got tired of her crying and naivety.

Well that's a no then; MAL lists secondary characters as "Main" if they're the best friend or just that much present in the story. But if the plot doesn't revolve around her; she,s not added. see this post

Edea_Sorceress said:
    Another thing that was brought to my attention when I read Face_Faith's post is that some of the qualified manga and the nominees are still ongoing. So I was wondering if it would be possible for us to put up a character for reconsiderations, or remove our votes (possibly only in the case that the character is still being considered)? It can be unlikely that the leads will change (for the better or worse) so much after a while, but I reckon it is not impossible.

I reckon I've seen it happen and most definately YES; their relation to the club can be challenged!

Alynitca : maybe you could admin a thread of relations (the ones who passed the voting phase and have been added to the club's) but are still ongoing?
    That way people can then voice their concern to remove them from the relation's if they turn BAD (yes, BAD is the word I choose :p)

I could keep all the votes you guys made on each serie even if it's added to the club but I won't. You should see how long that thread is already T_T

So I'm giving this task to Alynitca; you may admin that new idea however you see fit ^-^

Post was edited to include all your past votes... don't underestimate my dedication to this club!

-BlackRabbit-Sep 8, 2012 8:32 AM
    Sep 8, 2012 8:11 AM

Mar 2010
    Alright ladies, it's done!!

I also included the post # in "(pxx)" so you guys can easily go to said post and find out arguments.

The "(#x)" at the end of a Heroine's name is the rules she's being challenged on; think it might help ;)
    Sep 11, 2012 4:33 AM

Mar 2010
    Lots of nominees have made it to the club's Relations!! :D

Akuma to Love Song
    Beast Master
    Boku no Hatsukoi wo Kimi ni Sasagu
    By Hero
    Ouran Koukou Host Club

Keep up the good work everyone! ^-^
    Sep 14, 2012 7:15 AM

Jan 2011
    Sorry for leaving the work unfinished, and thank you for your hard work. =]
    Un, shouldn't Kujou from Last Game be part of the list as well, though?
    Sep 16, 2012 4:45 AM

Mar 2010
    She's in the nominees but I haven't read it yet and she doesn't have 5 votes so I'm not sure which list you're talking about
    Sep 17, 2012 3:24 AM

Mar 2010
    Tokyo Crazy Paradise has been added to the Club's relations
    Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
    Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Cross-dressing

-BlackRabbit- - Jan 22, 2012

5 by nekoolit »»
    Jul 25, 2016 9:52 PM

» RECRUITING! [GFX position OPEN]

-BlackRabbit- - Feb 2, 2012

11 by editing »»
    Sep 21, 2015 12:40 AM

Sticky: Poll: » Newsletter Sign-up!

-BlackRabbit- - Jan 19, 2012

42 by mymarie »»
    Mar 1, 2015 12:07 AM

» School Manga

-BlackRabbit- - Jan 16, 2012

11 by -BlackRabbit- »»
    Sep 4, 2014 1:58 PM

» Yakuza/Delinquent

-BlackRabbit- - Jan 22, 2012

8 by -BlackRabbit- »»
    Sep 4, 2014 1:51 PM
    It’s time to ditch the text file.
    Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.