Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Witch Hat Atelier
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 18, 3:11 PM
Oct 2020
I think Wit would be perfect. Shaft of KyoAni would be good too. Any above-average studio plz. I just hope it gets the same amount of love as Frieren. In the end, the most important thing is the staff. Mad House with the same staff as Frieren would be incredible but that would also make a season 2 with same quality hard to achieve. So a studio with good in-house staff would be nice.

MAPPA's anime look stunning but their production schedules are hell but I guess that true for most studios even if MAPPA is even worse then most.
May 9, 5:06 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to Old_School_Akira
News from a reliable leaker.
https://twitter.com/cjAus101723/status/1662904976610344961

The Atelier of Witch Hat anime will be produced by BUG FILMS studio.

Director: Ayumu Watanabe

Art Director: Shinji Kimura

Shinji kimura has done some nice background art on kekkai sensen season 1, Dorohedoro and kaiju no.8 that’s coming out soon.
@Old_School_Akira, thanks! And any info when will it start to air?
May 10, 2:15 PM

Nov 2015
Reply to Memore
@Old_School_Akira, thanks! And any info when will it start to air?
@Memore no news yet. Sadly
HACKs! 🤢🤮
May 10, 2:36 PM

Feb 2021
@Memore no news yet. Sadly
@Old_School_Akira, ok, then we have to wait.
May 31, 11:45 PM
Sep 2022
shibidayo said:
FriendlyIncubus said:
Just looking at the artstyle i feel like the most suitable one would be Mappa

How on earth does wha's beautiful style translate into "mappa" for you. I don't understand..

Bro are you sure what you said?

May 31, 11:48 PM
Sep 2022
Reply to sagitarydevil
Why nobody mentioned SHAFT? I think it would be great
@sagitarydevil The shaft is having problems I don't think it would be a good idea
May 31, 11:57 PM

Nov 2021
Since there is no new announcement yet, i think they are taking their time with the adaptation, and I want them to take all of their time with witch hat atelier adaptation. Studio doesn't really mater, I hope it will be a passion project coz the source material is literally gold.
Jun 2, 4:56 PM

Jul 2017
Reply to nishant0
Since there is no new announcement yet, i think they are taking their time with the adaptation, and I want them to take all of their time with witch hat atelier adaptation. Studio doesn't really mater, I hope it will be a passion project coz the source material is literally gold.
@nishant0 For real, I just hope the time they're taking is for making the adaptation as perfect as it deserves...
I just don't want to see such an adorable and absurdly beautiful manga adapted as a generic fantasy anime, ffs. This has the potential to be one of the best fantasy anime in recent times...
Yesterday, 9:44 AM

Sep 2017
Let's review the main studios out there :

No, thanks :
- MAPPA : considering how they treat their employees, that's a no for me
- ufotable : they're too busy milking KnY anyways
- A-1 Pictures : same than MAPPA, they made good anime but their artstyle doesn't really fit with WHA
- Toei Animation : they're busy with One Piece
- Sunrise : WHA isn't a mecha, and Sunrise doesn't make great anime anymore sadly
- David Production : Fire Force was visually impressive, but they should focus on working on Steel Ball Run for now
- White Fox : the studio was pretty good in the early 2010s, now it's still somewhat good but not enough for WHA
- Pierrot : they prefer battle shonen and they're busy with Bleach
- J.C. Staff : please no
- Studio Bind : great studio but they should focus on Mushoku Tensei
- P.A. Works : they're busy with their original anime
- Doga Kobo : high fantasy anime isn't their thing and they're busy milking Oshi no Ko (gimme a S2 of Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle pls)
- Science SARU : great studio but too bold and weird for WHA
- TMS Entertainment : I do not have great faith in this studio despite loving Fruits Basket
- SILVER LINK. : no, they're busy adapting shitty light novels
- Orange : CGI for WHA is a no-no, and they better work on HnK S2 anyways
- OLM : great studio but focus on Apothecary Diaries S2
- Lerche : I like their anime but they're not ready for WHA
- Studio Deen : no.
- Brain's Base : the studio was great in the 2000s/early 2010s but they're pretty dead nowadays, sadly (Fumetsu no Anata e was good tho)
- Kinema Citrus : they're busy milking Shield Hero and not working on Barakamon S2
- 8bit : no thanks, keep milking TenSura
- feel. : absolutely not the right studio for WHA
- Passione : lol, no.
- LIDENFILMS : lol, no.²

Yes, please :
- Kyoto Animation : highly qualitative studio
- Madhouse : considering how astonishing Frieren was, they'd make a great adaptation for WHA
- Wit Studio : they nailed the magical atmosphere with Mahoutsukai no Yome and know how to use different artstyles (Ousama Ranking, Great Pretender, Totsukuni no Shoujo)
- Bones : the overall quality of their anime is weaker than before but it's still a great studio and gave us Mob Psycho 100 and Bungou Stray Dogs lately
- Shaft : the studio hasn't been doing well these past years but I love their anime and they're releasing a new Monogatari anime this year. Also 3-gatsu no Lion S3 pls
- Cloverworks : 2021 was a bad year for them but they redeemed themselves since, it's not my most-wanted studio to animate WHA but they'd still do pretty great I think
- Trigger : they surprised us with Dungeon Meshi this year, they nailed the fantasy elements so why not adapting WHA as well
- Production I.G. : pretty good studio (with some fails of course) but they're not really into high fantasy (they're more leaning towards sports and sci-fi anime)

So, yeah, 8 potential candidates but the best outcome would be Kyoto Animation in my opinion, quickly followed by Madhouse and Wit Studio
Yesterday, 10:35 AM

Apr 2021
A-1 Pictures : same than MAPPA, they made good anime but their artstyle doesn't really fit with WHA

What is "their artstyle" even supposed to be? A-1's workflow is heavily based on freelance work, much like the rest of the industry is, so there's really nothing about them that can be called a "house style".

Also, it's pretty funny that you mention MAPPA as a "no" but then include Wit, which also has been taking too many shows lately and had their fair share of scummy practices.
Yesterday, 12:08 PM

Oct 2020
Considering its big arc is still ongoing I reckon it will adapt 40 chapters which could make at least 20 episodes
8 hours ago

Nov 2015
Reply to Damuzen
Let's review the main studios out there :

No, thanks :
- MAPPA : considering how they treat their employees, that's a no for me
- ufotable : they're too busy milking KnY anyways
- A-1 Pictures : same than MAPPA, they made good anime but their artstyle doesn't really fit with WHA
- Toei Animation : they're busy with One Piece
- Sunrise : WHA isn't a mecha, and Sunrise doesn't make great anime anymore sadly
- David Production : Fire Force was visually impressive, but they should focus on working on Steel Ball Run for now
- White Fox : the studio was pretty good in the early 2010s, now it's still somewhat good but not enough for WHA
- Pierrot : they prefer battle shonen and they're busy with Bleach
- J.C. Staff : please no
- Studio Bind : great studio but they should focus on Mushoku Tensei
- P.A. Works : they're busy with their original anime
- Doga Kobo : high fantasy anime isn't their thing and they're busy milking Oshi no Ko (gimme a S2 of Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle pls)
- Science SARU : great studio but too bold and weird for WHA
- TMS Entertainment : I do not have great faith in this studio despite loving Fruits Basket
- SILVER LINK. : no, they're busy adapting shitty light novels
- Orange : CGI for WHA is a no-no, and they better work on HnK S2 anyways
- OLM : great studio but focus on Apothecary Diaries S2
- Lerche : I like their anime but they're not ready for WHA
- Studio Deen : no.
- Brain's Base : the studio was great in the 2000s/early 2010s but they're pretty dead nowadays, sadly (Fumetsu no Anata e was good tho)
- Kinema Citrus : they're busy milking Shield Hero and not working on Barakamon S2
- 8bit : no thanks, keep milking TenSura
- feel. : absolutely not the right studio for WHA
- Passione : lol, no.
- LIDENFILMS : lol, no.²

Yes, please :
- Kyoto Animation : highly qualitative studio
- Madhouse : considering how astonishing Frieren was, they'd make a great adaptation for WHA
- Wit Studio : they nailed the magical atmosphere with Mahoutsukai no Yome and know how to use different artstyles (Ousama Ranking, Great Pretender, Totsukuni no Shoujo)
- Bones : the overall quality of their anime is weaker than before but it's still a great studio and gave us Mob Psycho 100 and Bungou Stray Dogs lately
- Shaft : the studio hasn't been doing well these past years but I love their anime and they're releasing a new Monogatari anime this year. Also 3-gatsu no Lion S3 pls
- Cloverworks : 2021 was a bad year for them but they redeemed themselves since, it's not my most-wanted studio to animate WHA but they'd still do pretty great I think
- Trigger : they surprised us with Dungeon Meshi this year, they nailed the fantasy elements so why not adapting WHA as well
- Production I.G. : pretty good studio (with some fails of course) but they're not really into high fantasy (they're more leaning towards sports and sci-fi anime)

So, yeah, 8 potential candidates but the best outcome would be Kyoto Animation in my opinion, quickly followed by Madhouse and Wit Studio
@Damuzen you forgot Bug Films. The creator Kamome Shirahama follows the Bug Films co-founder Hiroaki Kojima on twitter.
HACKs! 🤢🤮
8 hours ago

Sep 2017
@Damuzen you forgot Bug Films. The creator Kamome Shirahama follows the Bug Films co-founder Hiroaki Kojima on twitter.
@Oongbuh A-1's general artstyle is quite similar from anime to anime and they didn't make a lot of anime with unique artstyle (the only popular one I can think of is Shinsekai Yori)

Witch Hat Atelier has a REALLY unique artstyle that would be hard to correctly adapt in the anime format, and I don't think A-1 Pictures could do that
Same goes more or less for MAPPA. They have more diversity and some cool-looking anime (in the original/unusual way) but Wit Studio has proved they can create a lot of different and really unique artstyles (just look at Totsukuni no Shoujo, it's unique and gorgeous)

@Old_School_Akira I saw that "leak" indeed, but Bug Films isn't a big studio, they've only done 1 anime (and I hope it won't be that studio that will adapt WHA)
7 hours ago
Nov 2019
Mappa is not suitable for this adaptation..
I was hoping for KyoAni, WIT, Cloversworks, or Shaft.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Who would you like to voice over Qifrey?

HorniQueen - Jan 12, 2023

8 by StevieRara »»
7 hours ago

» Crunchyroll to have Witch Hat Atelier panel at Anime expo July 4

Old_School_Akira - Yesterday

7 by okayesch »»
Today, 10:02 AM

» They announced the anime adaptation almost 2 yrs ago. What do you think they are cooking ?

Anienjoyer - Jan 19

10 by Tomguinho »»
Today, 8:36 AM

» It has been two years since the announcement

Khachaturian - Apr 15

13 by Memore »»
May 9, 5:14 AM

» I just saw this and I'm bdksnsldbfbsn

Koukyoukyoku - Mar 1

4 by Fang_Tooth »»
Mar 29, 3:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.