Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (48) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 12, 2008 5:37 PM

Dec 2007
lol..but im glad to know his past...
sad and inspiring...=D

the guy who was taking care of laboon was wrong...
brook's crew remembered their friend til the time they died,
well for brooke, even after he died..
its not a "cliche" plot
Feb 12, 2008 5:39 PM

Nov 2007
Juni354 said:
OMG...i'm tired of these useless chapters. Nobody cares about that idiot Brook.

It ain't useless it's called "fleshing out" a character. Every single crew member went through one and it's the same for Brooke/Brook (which ever it is) which we can happily say 99.999999% he's joining the Mugiwaras. If you didn't give characters a background, then you wouldn't care for them.
Feb 12, 2008 8:29 PM

Dec 2007
=D that being said...straw hats will be the weirdest pirate crew ever

rubberman + talking reindeer + cyborg + skeleton... what more can u ask for
Feb 12, 2008 8:32 PM

Dec 2007
Firana said:
Juni354 said:
OMG...i'm tired of these useless chapters. Nobody cares about that idiot Brook.

It ain't useless it's called "fleshing out" a character.

ahaha..."fleshing out" brook? was that intended to be a pun...
cuz either way its hilarious ( that's a certified brook joke )
Feb 13, 2008 3:44 AM

Oct 2007
Spade said:
And now you editted it out to make me look like a liar? Very clever... *glares at you from behind a lamp-post*

gomenasai T___T .
i actually edited a few minutes later until i saw your reply T-T .
Feb 13, 2008 9:22 AM
Nov 2007
danrev123 said:
=D that being said...straw hats will be the weirdest pirate crew ever

rubberman + talking reindeer + cyborg + skeleton... what more can u ask for

A Cerberus ^^
Feb 13, 2008 9:36 AM

Dec 2007
well the cerberus temporarily became their nakama, sort of (luffy tamed it by force) =D
and they almost had that unicorn and the tree too...lmfao
Feb 13, 2008 9:45 AM

May 2007
danrev123 said:
well the cerberus temporarily became their nakama, sort of (luffy tamed it by force) =D
and they almost had that unicorn and the tree too...lmfao

Haha, if it were solely up to Luffy, all of the zombies would be in his crew at the moment.

Firana said:

It ain't useless it's called "fleshing out" a character.

Haha, that is pretty funny.

Anyway, I hope that the Strawhats finally make it to Merman (Fishman?) Island. I have a feeling that the next arc is going to be on par with Enies Lobby.
Feb 13, 2008 10:06 AM

Dec 2007
vindemon64 said:
Anyway, I hope that the Strawhats finally make it to Merman (Fishman?) Island. I have a feeling that the next arc is going to be on par with Enies Lobby.

Impel Down...i hope. Well, I am thinking it is, since that's the significance of bringing up "ace's fate" during the arc
Feb 13, 2008 1:17 PM
Nov 2007
Ace isn't Luffy's nakama (yet). But i guess the following chapter could be outside the direct main story.(Like Whitebeard vs. Shanks, Dragon or something else that has relevance to a coming arc) Anyway i guess Merman island is going to be the next big arc, i don't think that Oda's a huge fan of the maiden in distress theme. (Especially when that "maiden" is Ace) I mean even Robin wasn't a real maiden in distress in the Enies Lobby arc.
Feb 13, 2008 1:54 PM

May 2007
Too bad there isn't a One Piece chapter this week! ;__;
Oda is taking a 'break' to do some research on whatever that may be.
I really can't wait for the next arc already! I want Merman Island! I wanna know how they're gonna go underwater! >0<"

Feb 13, 2008 5:37 PM

Nov 2007
Lofoc said:
Ace isn't Luffy's nakama (yet). But i guess the following chapter could be outside the direct main story.(Like Whitebeard vs. Shanks, Dragon or something else that has relevance to a coming arc) Anyway i guess Merman island is going to be the next big arc, i don't think that Oda's a huge fan of the maiden in distress theme. (Especially when that "maiden" is Ace) I mean even Robin wasn't a real maiden in distress in the Enies Lobby arc.

Ace wouldn't join Luffy's crew, as he stated very strongly that he was going to help White Beard achieve One Piece or what ever goal it was (been a long time, since it was back in the Arabasta arc)
Feb 13, 2008 6:07 PM

Dec 2007
Lofoc said:

I know...I didnt say they will rescue Ace but somehow, I want to see how this "legendary" impel down is. Kinda interesting.

Firana said:
Ace wouldn't join Luffy's crew, as he stated very strongly that he was going to help White Beard achieve One Piece or what ever goal it was (been a long time, since it was back in the Arabasta arc)

who knows?? anything can happen...=D
Feb 14, 2008 1:07 PM
Nov 2007
Firana said:
Lofoc said:

Well what if White Beard isn't there anymore. Even he cant live forever you know...
Feb 16, 2008 10:53 AM

Sep 2007
danrev123 said:
I want to see how this "legendary" impel down is. Kinda interesting.

I want to see it too. Impel Down has to be awesome.
We also might have a little reunion with Crocodile as well as Mr.1,2 and 3 who are imprisoned there as well. ;)
Feb 16, 2008 4:24 PM

Dec 2007
Spade said:
We also might have a little reunion with Crocodile as well as Mr.1,2 and 3 who are imprisoned there as well. ;)

Is Legendary Tom in Impel Down too?
Feb 16, 2008 11:57 PM

Sep 2007
No, he was brought to Enies Lobby to be executed.
We don't know if it really happened though, it would be cool to see him there as well.
Feb 17, 2008 11:20 PM

May 2007
Spade said:

Oooooh, I wanna see Mr. 2 Bon Clay again! I miss him, he was such a funny character. XD (Okama waaaay~~) He's also an ally of the Straw Hats so maybe he will come back and help them in the future. Or they will help him if they ever go to Impel Down. :D *is being hopeful?*

Feb 18, 2008 9:25 AM
Nov 2007
Didn't Bon Clay escape somehow? i didn't read all the "what happened to" chapters of One Piece that well so i don't remember that clearly..Anyway i don't think that Oda-sensei would be all for big reunions with old enemies, they could have some comic relief but i don't think that we well see all of them back that much. Although we could see Buggy again, but hes never been permanently arrested.
Feb 18, 2008 9:35 AM

Aug 2007
Nah. He was sent to Impel Down with Mr.0 Mr.1 and Mr.3.
Feb 18, 2008 10:53 AM

May 2007
*Shrugs* As I stated before, after the Enies Lobby arc, I really don't think Oda will go about another "rescue by breaking into the World Government sanctuary* arc. Oda is built upon creativity. I'm sure he'll once again surprise us with something outrageous. I mean, c'mon - can anyone honestly tell me that they had predicted (before Thriller Bark) that Oda will unveil a world of zombies to us?

But then again, Oda just may go contrary to that line of thinking and do something of the sort. Regardless of what it may be, I can't wait to read up on it.
Feb 19, 2008 1:53 AM

Sep 2007
He doesn't have to make it another rescue-arc. They can meet Jimbei on Fishman Island and he manages to capture them all and they get thrown into Impel Down as well. Then it's an escape-arc.
Not a big difference but enough to solve this problem. ;)

I see many possibilities with this one. I trust Oda more than any other Mangaka. ;)
Feb 19, 2008 1:35 PM
Nov 2007
Luffy loosing to a crazy and arrogant merman like Jimbei...I don't think so...No i still don't think well see Luffy at Impel Down in the next arc.
Feb 21, 2008 7:04 AM

Nov 2007
wait a min, how did u no that he recovers wen in the latest chapter i read it was all abt brook and ddnt mention anything abt zoro?
Feb 21, 2008 10:58 AM

Dec 2007
zoro still has a strong will to live, so i don't think he would die
Feb 21, 2008 12:54 PM
Nov 2007
Well we saw chopper with Zorro a chapter ago, i guess he was already resting and recovering a bit. And i guess no one really expects Zorro to die before he becomes the strongest swordsman in the world.
Feb 21, 2008 5:36 PM

Aug 2007
New chapter tomorrow. >_> Can't wait.
Feb 22, 2008 9:41 AM
Nov 2007
New chapter today ^^ (Didn't see a scanlation yet though) But what i saw and read was pretty much and pretty interesting...Cant wait for next weeks chapter lol.

Oh and Oda-sensei on the break he took last week;

"I'm very sorry. The break I took last week was for the sake of everyone's enjoyment in the year to come. It will be very exciting. I'll do my best."

lol that qoute makes me even more psyched for the next arc.. ^^
Feb 22, 2008 2:11 PM

May 2007
Lofoc said:
Oh and Oda-sensei on the break he took last week;

"I'm very sorry. The break I took last week was for the sake of everyone's enjoyment in the year to come. It will be very exciting. I'll do my best."

lol that qoute makes me even more psyched for the next arc.. ^^

Oda = God.
Feb 22, 2008 2:49 PM

Nov 2007
So with the 489 officially adding Brooke to the crew (bonzai), the most interesting part was how Lola explained the biblocard paper, and how she explained Ace's condition was declining (very cool to go back to the reason why Ace gave Luffy the paper). Wonder what is happening to him, since all we know is that he was beaten by Blackbeard and sent to impel down.
Feb 22, 2008 4:30 PM

May 2007
So finally the meaning of that piece of paper Ace gave Luffy back in the Alabasta Arc is revealed. Oda really is a genius storyteller, isn't he? ^^ But anyway now I have no idea what is going to happen next week! Even though Luffy, Sanji and Brook were sooo excited about going to Merman Island, now that they know Ace is in danger will they drop everything and go rescue him? Plus Brook, Robin and Franky don't even know who Ace is! Hahaha.
I am also wondering why Ace's life force is vanishing... is Impel Down that awful that just by staying there Ace is slowly dying? ;[
But anyway... yeah. I have no idea. I want both Merman Island (been waiting forever) and Impel Down arcs! Oh well I know that Oda will make either one awesomeful and exiting. ^__^

I'm also really glad Brook has officially joined the crew! He's such a fun character. Plus its seems like he have a great respect for Zoro. Mmm~ I wanna see some swordsmen bonding. xP

Feb 22, 2008 4:59 PM

May 2007
I think next chapter, when Oda will (possibly) reveal the reactions of the crew to the news of Ace's life force diminishing, then we'll get some idea of the next destination for the Strawhats. Again, Impel Down, like Merman Island (via rumors) is supposed to be under water somewhere. So both could coincide with each other really well.

Haha, Sanji and Brook only want to go to Merman Island because they know mermaids don't wear panties. Lol.
Feb 22, 2008 11:30 PM

Dec 2007
interesting chapter...
straw hats got an idea on ace's fate
that's an awesome way of foreshadowing...good job =D
Feb 23, 2008 12:17 AM

Oct 2007
this chapter was a good one, since he took one week of break to do his research :D
i hope to see luffy's serious face in the next chapter .
i really love it when luffy is serious .

cant wait for the next chapter :D .
Feb 23, 2008 12:53 AM

Sep 2007
Damn, Oda is a genius. I thought he forgot about that piece of paper he gave Luffy years ago and suddenly it's so important. Please adopt me as your Son, Oda-sama! >.<
Feb 23, 2008 10:51 AM
Jun 2007
hmmm, after re-reading the chapter, I realized that I overlooked a detail because I was caught up in the whole Ace situation. One of the members of the Rolling Pirates mentioned Empress Hancock. Possibly one of the Yonkou? Is it a subtle hint by Oda-Sensei that all 3 major powers will be involved in the next arc?
Feb 23, 2008 11:14 AM

May 2007
Avarice said:
hmmm, after re-reading the chapter, I realized that I overlooked a detail because I was caught up in the whole Ace situation. One of the members of the Rolling Pirates mentioned Empress Hancock. Possibly one of the Yonkou? Is it a subtle hint by Oda-Sensei that all 3 major powers will be involved in the next arc?

I thought about that too when I heard the name. Though I'm not going to think too much of it in case that this thinking is wrong. Because then I'll probably be depressed about it for a bit. But hopefully, it'll be something along those lines. If they do indeed go to Impel Down, I'm pretty sure someone from the very top (or near the top) ranks will be involved.

I personally am waiting for Doflamingo to be unveiled again. His power seems so interesting and he seems like an eccentric character - a perfect One Piece villain. Hehe.
Feb 23, 2008 11:29 AM
Nov 2007
Yeah well i guess they had to have another strong leading female character, since that was already way to long ago. But i think that the whole new world isn't just divided between the four warlords. There could be other Islands too.(Like Elbaf for example.)
Feb 23, 2008 12:00 PM
Jun 2007
vindemon64 said:
Avarice said:

I thought about that too when I heard the name. Though I'm not going to think too much of it in case that this thinking is wrong. Because then I'll probably be depressed about it for a bit. But hopefully, it'll be something along those lines. If they do indeed go to Impel Down, I'm pretty sure someone from the very top (or near the top) ranks will be involved.

I personally am waiting for Doflamingo to be unveiled again. His power seems so interesting and he seems like an eccentric character - a perfect One Piece villain. Hehe.

Depressed lol. I'm curious to see what Impel Down would be like. It was stated that Enies Lobby was impregnable, we all know what happened. Impel Down on the other hand is said to be inescapable so I'm very intrigued as to what lies in there.

I agree about Doflamingo. its been ages since we've last heard from him. I think its about time he got into the mix.
Feb 25, 2008 10:46 PM

Jan 2008
Avarice said:

I'm not so sure about that. I noticed that the Shichibukai, with the exception of Blackbeard, have animal themes (crocodile, hawk, flamingo, gecko, etc.), so I since they have a theme, I think the Yonkou will have a theme, too.

Since two of the four are "Whitebeard" and "Red-haired" Shanks, I think the theme for the Yonkou is going to be colors. We don't know if Kaidou fits this theme or not, yet, though. So, unless Empress Hancock has a color associated with her, I would doubt she's a Yonkou. Might be a weird way to look at it, but that's my thought on it.
D&D Club

Because my sig making skills are non-existant.
Feb 26, 2008 10:18 AM

Dec 2007
i think Empress Hancock is one of the yonkou since it was mentioned that she was a great pirate in the new world. The only thing is, will they meet her in the next arc.
Feb 26, 2008 11:03 AM
Nov 2007
No i just think that they'll have to defeat smoker first and get well underway in the new world before she shows up...but then again you can never predict Oda-sensei's plans.
Feb 26, 2008 2:12 PM

May 2007
I'm going to credit my friend, Avarice for finding this, but...

Nightmare Luffy is Blue!

Edit: Here's the source.
VK11Feb 26, 2008 2:56 PM
Feb 26, 2008 2:25 PM

Aug 2007
More like purpley.
Feb 29, 2008 3:07 AM

Oct 2007
danrev123 said:
i think Empress Hancock is one of the yonkou since it was mentioned that she was a great pirate in the new world. The only thing is, will they meet her in the next arc.

Maybe this empress is a wife of a yonkou? ..
Feb 29, 2008 1:27 PM

May 2007
So in the end, Luffy decides not to go looking for Ace. I wonder if that's how its going to end up happening. You would think that Garp would have some kind of heart and actually think about Ace's condition. But he seems more interested in his tea leaves! Haha.

Latest chapter had some great laughs. Brook already wants to see Nami's panties and a mermaid has appeared!!!! And a pretty one to boot! I'm sure we'll be seeing some love-cook action next chapter. Lol.

So....let's take some early polls. Who thinks that Caimey will be the 10th member to join the strawhats? She's different enough (mermaid - don't have one of those) and she's a female, as give the recent male joining in Franky and Brook, I think the next member needs to be female to help balance things out. Who knows though.
Feb 29, 2008 1:43 PM
Nov 2007
Meh i think its way to early to call Caimey the 10th strawhat. Maybe if the next arc goes on for like another year or two.... But i guess she could tell them how to get to the island. ^^
Feb 29, 2008 1:48 PM
Jun 2007
vindemon64 said:
So....let's take some early polls. Who thinks that Caimey will be the 10th member to join the strawhats? She's different enough (mermaid - don't have one of those) and she's a female, as give the recent male joining in Franky and Brook, I think the next member needs to be female to help balance things out. Who knows though.

I'll be holding back my opinion, regarding her being a member of the DH, until a couple more chapters. we don't know what her role would be yet. I sense that she could be a merchant though. which doesn't seem right considering her reaction when she encountered humans. lol.
Feb 29, 2008 1:51 PM
Nov 2007
Well we don't know if she has a tragic past and a seemingly unattainable goal, so its a bit early to call. Also the last panel made me lol
Feb 29, 2008 4:07 PM

Nov 2007
it's 50/50 whether they will get another crew member at the moment since they've only just got Brooke last chapter, plus we've seen arcs where we have no one new join the crew. Personally i would love to see a mermaid DF user who might be exiled.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (48) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Arc with the best Outfits? :)

cannibalsushii - Jun 14, 2023

1 by softpillow »»
Jun 17, 2023 11:35 AM

» changing Monkey D. Luffy's picture

softpillow - Nov 15, 2022

3 by softpillow »»
Jun 17, 2023 11:30 AM

Poll: » Which one of the Strawhat Crew has the saddest story? ( 1 2 )

Zatoichi - Aug 21, 2008

99 by cannibalsushii »»
Jun 14, 2023 5:18 PM

Poll: » Your Favourite Strawhat Pirate ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Azuriel - Dec 3, 2007

268 by cannibalsushii »»
Jun 14, 2023 5:03 PM

» Princess Vivi

hal02god - Apr 9, 2010

12 by Vexez5102 »»
Aug 15, 2021 11:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.