Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 16, 2008 1:05 AM

Jun 2007
As I was saying in the other thread, I started reading the manga. I kept hearing everyone say that it's much better than the anime. However, besides the fact that it goes way beyond the moment the anime ends at, there's basically no difference. Same pace, same way of dealing with things. Someone told me that Fruits Basket anime should be re-made entirely. I don't think that's necessarily. A sequel or something may be good, however, I don't see why the whole series should be re-done, seeing as it captures the feeling of the manga. So I came to a conclusion: the manga is better just because it's manga, meaning that you may read it at any speed you desire, and not because it has something 'in particular'.
Anyone up for a debate?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Sep 22, 2008 2:09 AM
Jun 2008
it depends..i can't say for FB beacuase i only watched it,but for example such things as Kodomo no omocha and all this kind of comedies are best to watch not read, but Air Gear, Monster, Gunnm and many more are better in manga state, that also aplies to all ongoings
Sep 22, 2008 5:37 AM

Aug 2008
i've liked manga in most cases better than anime (unless the anime was done after a light novel). don't know about FB, since i haven't seen the anime, but the manga was crappy enough to scare me away from that anime.
Jan 1, 2009 2:28 PM

Dec 2008
Yes but that isn't saying much since they anime is pretty much one of the worst out there XD
But I do like the manga sooo much more then the anime, mainly because they put more then one backstory in it =OOOO
But the end is so cliche, especially with the random OC thing *stabs Machi* it ends with hoenstly all the couples I hate. But its still far better then the anime XD
Jun 22, 2009 12:15 AM

Jul 2008
Like I said on the other topic,
wolphie35 said:
since I didn't manage to get to the 2nd chapter of the manga (reading the 1st one took me a half an hour and I was yawning from 5 to 5 minutes), I can't actually tell much about the manga, except that the 1st chapter is similar to the beginning of the anime.

But as many say it's no better than the anime and that it even goes beyond the last episode, I don't think I'll continue rading the manga anytime soon. And if, by any chance, I do it, I'll do it fast, only to make sure that it's similar to my conclusion from everyone's opinions.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Why we hate Fruits basket

ruffeh - Jul 28, 2008

23 by classicqueen »»
Mar 17, 5:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.