Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 12, 2010 11:10 PM

Nov 2010
I feel a lot like MM is overshadowed by other shows like Ore no Imouto this season, which sucks because MM is definitely my favourite anime this season...well second to To Aru Majutsu No Index xD..also I'm not sure if this topic belongs in this forum, if it doesn't please just tell me and I'll re-post it there then xD

I am Lihn!
And I like asking questions!!
Dec 13, 2010 5:24 PM

Feb 2010
Ha, far from it. MM is absolute crap. To my mind, it's one of the worst shows of 2010.
Dec 13, 2010 5:30 PM

Mar 2010
It would of been higher rated if they didn't add the silly HENTAI-HA thing. and I think the rating is just where it should be.
It's all about opinion anyways, some people might not like it while some love it, like the guy above me has a different opinion than you do.

Dec 13, 2010 5:33 PM

Jan 2008
What Phinx said, all about opinion. People like different stuff, and a lot of MAL users, hate anything related to harem and fanservice.

This anime, though it does use some fanservice reference and speech, it never really gets to the point of showing anything, such as panty shots, etc. Though there are some fairly naughty commercial break pictures, that's all you'd probably find.
Dec 13, 2010 11:31 PM

Nov 2010
Hmm well Phinx does have a pretty good point, and I can understand the harem and fanservice hate, it ruined some shows that could have been so much better...like rosario + vampire. But in the case of MM i'm not really sure what it is, but personally I find it absolutely hilarious...especially then hentai-ha thing(just because it was so random and unexpected)....but I guess it does come down to a matter of opinion.
Dec 14, 2010 5:49 AM

Jul 2008
I would say it was underrated. It does have its share of faults, but there is a lot of good content in here and some pretty likable characters. The best episodes are easily the ones where it's just him and Yuuno and those really make the show as good as enjoyable as it is for me.

I just think people are being overly critical towards this show. It's supposed to be wacky and random and I personally found the whole hentai-ha thing hilarious. It's all just opinions.
Dec 14, 2010 5:52 AM

Aug 2010
I like it for its unpredictable situations. All the ridiculous things they throw into the show just make it that much better because it is letting you know that they are not trying to be a serious show. I guess it gets overshadowed, but who cares? I'm going to still like it regardless.
Dec 14, 2010 5:55 AM

Oct 2010
I would say this is absolute garbage but I watched Yosuga no Sora after watching this, and in comparison... this is a masterpiece. It is not underrated by any means, it is truly bad. Only some episodes with Tarou and Yuuno are enjoyable, but too much perversion ruins the series. If it was toned down considerably maybe I would have liked it.
Dec 14, 2010 5:56 AM

Nov 2010
Nope. MM! had some good episodes, but it also had some well less than average episodes in my opinion. So it's rating is quite normal, but yeah, the anime is nice, one of thoses, that I actually wait and want for the next episode to come
Dec 14, 2010 5:57 AM

Aug 2010
Zalxoras said:
I would say this is absolute garbage but I watched Yosuga no Sora after watching this, and in comparison... this is a masterpiece. It is not underrated by any means, it is truly bad. Only some episodes with Tarou and Yuuno are enjoyable, but too much perversion ruins the series. If it was toned down considerably maybe I would have liked it.

The perversion is what makes the show. If you take it out then it would no longer be MM!
Dec 14, 2010 5:48 PM

Oct 2008
It's rating is right around where it belongs.

Although I do have to say that the content of MM! might be overlooked by a few people this season. Not because of the 'strength' of the season, but since there are quite a few shows with similar comedy in them (Arakawa 2, Bakuman, Fortune Aterial, Samurai Girls, Ore no Imouto, The World God Only Knows, Love-ru, Zakuro, Squid Girl, Sora no Otoshimono, Milky Holmes).

The presentation, isn't what it needed to be. It feels too normal and predictable (way too predictable at times; minus hentai-ha scene).
Dec 15, 2010 3:53 AM

Nov 2010
I guess like with panty and stocking this show depends heavily on taste, but personally I love the scene's with Tarou and Yunno, AND the perverted scene's(i'm also liking the lack of giant boobs in the face and constant panty shots, not gonna lie, even as a guy...after a while excess ecchi is just retardedly annoying). So for me this is a great anime :P, but yea, compared to yosuga no sora....almost anything is a masterpiece....that show is kinda overkill with the sexualness...
Dec 15, 2010 12:31 PM

Mar 2010
For me, MM and Oreimo are tied. MM is slightly underrated though.
Dec 15, 2010 12:44 PM
Jun 2008
I put MM!! as my favorite Anime but its very hard to put it 10' =P
Dec 19, 2010 9:43 PM

Oct 2008
This is one of my favorite "parody" series.

This series isn't really that under-rated to see the true "quality" in it and understand the jokes you have to understand the other shows that it is stealing stuff from.
Dec 19, 2010 11:13 PM
Jul 2008
Yeah, it is kinda underrated. I'd say it should be closer to an 8. Maybe 7.9
Mostly considering that most of the reasons for the low scores the show get are pretty unjustified. Like, and I quote: "Being too perverted". C'mon, you obviously weren't paying attention, the fun of the show is that, every character has at least one perverted characteristic. If you didn't like this, then why did you even start this anime?

Anyway, It's not like it's too underrated, although comparing it with other tremendously overrated shows this season (like Sora no fanservice, and A certainly boring Index, for example). It DOES come down to just opinions, still, I think it gets too many negative votes just for being "perverted". That's as dumb as downvoting a fansub without watching a show, only cause you dislike the fansub.

Anyway, that was too long, and nobody cares that much.
Dec 19, 2010 11:31 PM

Jul 2008
it all depends...

i read the manga... pretty funny, the only problem is that there are only like 23 chapters (i think...)

the anime is a poor adaptation, and not very funny... at least oreimo made me laugh here and there, MM was just boring...
Dec 20, 2010 12:04 AM

Jul 2009
I think probably, but everyone has different tastes, apparently some dont like all of the immoral -isms in the show
If your going to complain that Yu-Gi-Oh! Mangas are on the top NY times manga best sellers, you must not realize how popular Card games are(as well as the fact that you get a free card).
Dec 20, 2010 7:49 PM

Jun 2008
Well, Ore no Imotou is definitely the most OVERRATED anime of the season...that's for sure.

As for MM, no it's not underrated, this is your typical Harem anime, there's nothing special about it.

All the characters are played out and every episode is a generic episode from all the other harem shows that have already been made.

However that doesn't mean it's bad, but it definitely doesn't make it "good".
Dec 20, 2010 8:54 PM

Aug 2009
If anything, it's overrated. Filled with overused generic charactertypes and cliches (they even had an amnesia ep, lolz). It's ok to just look through, but it's not really more than just an average show.

But hey, to each his/her own :3

Dec 27, 2010 12:47 AM

Dec 2008
At first it seemed like a series worthy of the attention it was getting.

Then it got massively de-railed, resulting in a pretty average series in what should have been one of this season's shining stars.
Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

Dec 27, 2010 1:03 AM
Nov 2010
No, I think the score it holds on here is pretty accurate, but maybe even a bit too high.

Spoilers ahead...

My main complaint about MM! is that it resolved to absolutely nothing. It had an ok build, and then the last episode is just... well another regular episode. Sado never picks between Mio or Yuno, neither Yuno or Sado are cured, and you never even really find out why Mio was all alone as a child. I mean, if they do a second season and answer and resolve everything, then that'd be fine, but there's been no news of it, and I just have a feeling it won't happen. Could be wrong though.

The main other complaint is the cliches and predictability of the whole thing. Don't feel like going into them as they should be obvious.

It was still pretty entertaining though, I liked it. It had an ok feel to it, and the development was alright.

More topics from this board

Poll: » MM! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 18, 2010

157 by mahdinner »»
May 8, 5:41 PM

» Has anyone heard of a 2nd season for MM! ??

Ikaros27 - Aug 18, 2011

27 by yveltalkyogre »»
Mar 19, 2:15 AM

Poll: » MM! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

chalco - Oct 29, 2010

228 by Karva1 »»
Mar 3, 10:43 AM

Poll: » MM! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Oct 15, 2010

147 by Karva1 »»
Mar 3, 9:49 AM

Poll: » MM! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

llamaben - Oct 1, 2010

205 by Karva1 »»
Mar 3, 9:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.