Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 19, 2008 5:33 PM

Jun 2007
Had anyone read it? Or all the manga? They are pretty hard to get in decant condition.
I love this one because of the back stories!

Episode Zero reveals a generous amount of what led the five protagonists of Wing to become Gundam pilots and what occurrences shaped some of the traits they are best known for. It also features notable information on certain other key characters and events that composed the Gundam Wing story.

One of the most prominent tales of the bunch is told within Issues 2 and 3, in which it's discovered that a younger Heero once fought alongside Odin Lowe -- the man who, years earlier, had made the attack on the real Heero Yuy.

A battlefield assault by Heero later on in the tale puts Treize in the hospital, where he would be tended to by Leia Barton -- the future mother of his child (who would become the main antagonist of the Endless Waltz story that takes place years later).

The stories involving Trowa Barton and Wufei Chang are, unexpectedly enough, romantic tragedies, as each meet young women who will have significant impacts on their lives. Trowa's story also implies that Catherine Bloom, the circus performer he meets during the series, is in fact his long lost sister who he was separated from during an attack by the Alliance which presumably killed their parents.

The focus is more on origin in the cases of Duo Maxwell and Quatre Raberba Winner. Duo Maxwell is revealed to not be Duo's given name. Instead, "Duo" was bestowed on him by a childhood friend named Solo who was suffering from a dire illness, and "Maxwell" was taken afterwards from a kind priest named Father Maxwell who ran an orphanage along with Sister Helen. Sister Helen and Father Maxwell played a large role in the childhood of Duo, acting in parental roles until they and the entire orphanage were made casualties of an Alliance attack on rebels within the church despite young Duo's best efforts.

Quatre, in contrast, has possibly the least tragic past out of all the pilots. Contrary to what he believes, he is not in fact the product of test-tube reproduction (however, his many sisters are). His mother, Quatrine, died in childbirth due to complications from living in space affecting the body's ability to give birth safely. As he refers to himself as a test-tube child in the series, it can be assumed his father and sisters never told him about his mother.

The histories of the two Peacecraft family members, Relena and Zechs Merquise, are unveiled as well. As the Sanq Kingdom fell, only two members of the royal family survived: Zechs and Relena. Relena was adopted by the Dorlian family and raised as their own.

The manga also features undetailed cameos from notable characters in the series, such as Lucrezia Noin and Sally Po.

Toward the end, the five heroes gather for a brief new mission that's set after Endless Waltz, an event that's anticlimactic but ends with a promising connotation. It all concludes with an affectionate parting message from writer Sumizawa himself to the fans of Gundam Wing.
^._.^ Neko-Chan ^._.^
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
May 19, 2008 5:40 PM

Nov 2006
I have it and love it!! It's so interesting reading about all their pasts and how they came to be Gundam pilots and do Operation Meteor.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2008 3:29 PM

Jun 2007
^_^ It makes me understand Wufei Chang-kun more! do you have a favorite backstory? Mine is Duo's story, I don't knnow why, but it seems the saddest...
^._.^ Neko-Chan ^._.^
Aug 3, 2008 3:50 PM
Mar 2008
I love it. It really gives you great insight into the chraracters past and helps you understand the series more.

Aug 4, 2008 2:49 PM

Nov 2006
I kinda like Heero's story...I think I was just intrigued with how it connected to Treize, Zechs, and Noin at the same time. Duo's made me kinda sad...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Nov 10, 2008 2:00 PM
Jan 2008
Its soo cool u get to see how wufei was like and how much he loved his wife. i loved trowa's story it was nice.
Jan 8, 2009 11:45 AM
Jan 2009
I just wanted to mention this since you were naming the characters that were present in the volume that in Trowa's past the girl spy looks remarkably like Lady Une. This might represent her aggressive behavior of always trying to complete her missions.
Feb 12, 2009 10:11 AM
Nov 2008
Hey can anyone help me find this manga? I can't seem to find it anywhere. :(
Feb 12, 2009 7:50 PM

Nov 2006
Hell88 said:

It's not in a bookstore? I bought mine in Barnes and Noble.
Feb 14, 2009 2:18 PM
Nov 2008
ivorykeys said:
Hell88 said:

I can't find it anywhere, I can't find it on any websites either.
Feb 14, 2009 2:58 PM

Nov 2006
Hell88 said:
ivorykeys said:
Hell88 said:

Here are some sites. Check these out:

Amazon.com-1
emerchandise.com
Amazon.com-2

amazon.com is the best bet. I'm positive you can find it there. ^_^
Feb 16, 2009 10:43 AM
Nov 2008
ivorykeys said:
Hell88 said:
ivorykeys said:
Hell88 said:

Here are some sites. Check these out:

Amazon.com-1
emerchandise.com
Amazon.com-2

amazon.com is the best bet. I'm positive you can find it there. ^_^

Thanks. :)
Jan 17, 2010 9:21 PM

Mar 2009
I own Episode Zero, Ground Zero and Blind Target. Bought them a number of ears ago in great condition ^_^ --> Brand new.
Bought them from Right Stuf international, not sure if their still selling them.
But you could try there too.
I love Blind Target the best.
Aug 29, 2012 4:28 AM

Apr 2009
I want to read all the Gundam Wing manga. I have the Gundam Wing volume 1-3. So I just need Episode Zero, Ground Zero, Blind Target, Battlefield of the Pacifists, and Endless Waltz.
I also hope that they bring Gundam Wing Frozen Teardrop to America when it is finished; I want to read that so bad.
Aug 29, 2012 5:47 AM

Oct 2010
Zeonic Scanlations are doing all Gundam novels and manga. They're even the licensed ones because the companies had them 'mirrored' for left-to-right reading and they're fixing that problem.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Poll: » Favorite Character (manga/anime) ( 1 2 )

ivorykeys - Oct 19, 2007

55 by DarkSharinganZ »»
Aug 30, 2012 4:41 AM

Poll: » Favorite Gundam?

ivorykeys - Oct 29, 2008

27 by kanon-chan »»
Aug 29, 2012 4:34 AM

» Favorite Couple

ivorykeys - Feb 2, 2008

32 by kanon-chan »»
Aug 28, 2012 11:28 AM

» YOUR FAVORITE?

neko_chan1987 - May 12, 2008

13 by FlameLightning17 »»
Dec 19, 2010 9:19 PM

» Quizzes

ivorykeys - Jun 11, 2008

25 by radikal_edvard »»
Dec 6, 2009 9:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.