Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 12, 2023 10:46 AM
Mar 2021
A little backstory, I grew up watching Toonami and Adult Swim on the Cartoon Network. A lot of series I watched when I was a young teenager, I thought were pure masterpieces but over time a lot of those series don’t hold up especially after 20 years. s.CRY.ed is a series that I thought was just very good, nothing more or less and so I didn’t really rush to rewatch it until very recently. I’ve seen that this series had a mediocre reception on this site, and so I just assumed the series just was never all that good to begin with. 

After watching this series again after 20 years and watching 100’s of more animes and pieces of media, I can confirm with all biasses that this series is better than I remembered and holds up. I seen that the discussion board is barely even used, I wonder if I was actually one of the rare breeds that watched this series at 12am on adultswim 20 years ago. If this series is on your watchlist or if you haven’t watched this series in a long time, I definitely think nobody would be disappointed at all. They don’t make anime like this anymore with it’s animation style that died out with newer technology but using themes and character dynamics that is familiar. I want to know other people opinion on this series, especially because it’s hardly ever discussed.
Jun 12, 2023 11:49 AM
Aug 2018
kfsilver89 said:
A little backstory, I grew up watching Toonami and Adult Swim on the Cartoon Network. A lot of series I watched when I was a young teenager, I thought were pure masterpieces but over time a lot of those series don’t hold up especially after 20 years. s.CRY.ed is a series that I thought was just very good, nothing more or less and so I didn’t really rush to rewatch it until very recently. I’ve seen that this series had a mediocre reception on this site, and so I just assumed the series just was never all that good to begin with. 

After watching this series again after 20 years and watching 100’s of more animes and pieces of media, I can confirm with all biasses that this series is better than I remembered and holds up. I seen that the discussion board is barely even used, I wonder if I was actually one of the rare breeds that watched this series at 12am on adultswim 20 years ago. If this series is on your watchlist or if you haven’t watched this series in a long time, I definitely think nobody would be disappointed at all. They don’t make anime like this anymore with it’s animation style that died out with newer technology but using themes and character dynamics that is familiar. I want to know other people opinion on this series, especially because it’s hardly ever discussed.

Had seen a few eps of scryed growing up I just now finished it not long ago it’s definitely a great watch
Jun 12, 2023 12:50 PM
Nov 2021
this is a very good anime,toonami introduced me to it as well and in my opion it should be on the top ten best anime of all time
Jun 13, 2023 11:58 PM
Mar 2011
straight cougar is the best.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Scryed Episode 26 Discussion

Sheepshaman - Apr 23, 2011

27 by RKASHYAP621 »»
May 11, 7:30 AM

Poll: » Scryed Episode 15 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Oct 24, 2010

5 by Ae_Evolution »»
Nov 13, 2023 5:14 PM

Poll: » Scryed Episode 23 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 2, 2013

9 by JonathanBrando »»
Nov 19, 2022 5:36 AM

Poll: » Scryed Episode 8 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 31, 2010

4 by JonathanBrando »»
Nov 15, 2022 11:34 PM

Poll: » Scryed Episode 1 Discussion

Fallenrock - Feb 17, 2008

11 by JonathanBrando »»
Nov 13, 2022 1:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.