Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 16, 2022 1:39 AM

Dec 2021
*SPOILERS DON"T READ IF YOU HAVEN"T FINISHED MANGA*

does the Gannosuke and Chika storyline ever wrap up ?

he was killing her fiances ,, then gets captured by Mr. Sadistic and Chika is called to the Castle to give up her virginity to him ...

they say they'll have a reunion the day of the tournament (somewhere in Vol 11) ...

does anyone know how their story concluded ? was it ever mentioned again in manga ?
Feb 24, 2023 7:32 PM
Oct 2015
I know this comment is 1 year old but I just finished the manga and I quite liked the sub-plot of Chika and Frog Guy.
The manga is based on a novel called Suruga-jō Gozen Jiai, perhaps the real answer lay there.

I personally came up with the theory that Chika is already dead by the time of when the tournament take place.
And why is that? we learn that very few women who were summoned to Tokugawa Tadanaga inner chambers leave it in one piece due to his sadistic-psychopathic nature.
Not long before the tournament we see a panel in which Tadanaga throws a human out of the window, and on the ground there are few bodies of other women.
Therefore, I presume that Chika found the same end.

What do you guys think?
Feb 25, 2023 4:07 AM

May 2020
who is chika i am in chapter 53 

Apr 15, 9:21 PM

May 2011
They are indeed characters with an actually complete role in the story of the original novel. As any synopsis will tell you, this manga is mainly an adaptation of only the novel's first chapter - this is because each chapter is dedicated to the lives of the people set to fight against each other (and some events after the tournament), with Irako and Fujiki's being the first because they have the first fight.

But that doesn't explain why Yamaguchi decided to include Gannosuke and Chika's backstory in the manga, not have it relate to anything, AND not resolve anything about it. absolutely baffling decision, because no, their storyline doesn't wrap up in the manga. Last we see of Chika is that she's called into Tadanaga's bedroom and he doesn't care about her magic penis. Last we see of Gannosuke is that we would be participating in the tournament, as one of the five characters we actually get names and faces for. Extremely unsatisfying.
Also to add to the confusion, none of the stuff about Chika's magic penis was in the novel. I have no idea what Yamaguchi was smoking when he decided to add that to the story.

And if anyone wants to know how they end up in the novel:

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigurui Chapter 84 Discussion ( 1 2 )

NP-3228 - Feb 17, 2011

54 by itstwentyfifteen »»
Aug 29, 2023 5:17 PM

Poll: » Shigurui Chapter 53 Discussion

alpir - Jul 31, 2013

2 by Gros »»
Feb 25, 2023 4:06 AM

» Ending

RAHUL-haque - Jun 19, 2021

4 by Nishinga »»
Feb 24, 2023 7:38 PM

Poll: » Shigurui Chapter 47 Discussion

Gros - Feb 24, 2023

0 by Gros »»
Feb 24, 2023 2:56 AM

Poll: » Shigurui Chapter 45 Discussion

alpir - Jul 30, 2013

4 by iDensity »»
Sep 9, 2022 4:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.