Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 28, 2021 5:44 PM
May 2016
This anime was hyped around 2003-2004 until airing but it got mixed reviews, basically "pulled a cyberpunk" and wasn't as great as the trailer showed, poor animation and story and lots of pointless fanservice but was it that bad?
Sep 9, 2021 9:51 PM

May 2016
I remember having watched this show as a kid, got the disks from one of those rental stores.

From my memory the story waffled about and went pretty much nowhere, a lot of the arcs doesn't really serve the overarching story. The reveals during the later half felt as if it came out of nowhere, no real foreshadowing (at least from my memories). The finale suffers from Izetta the Last Witch syndrome, if you've ever seen that series. It gets really boring quickly because of near one dimentional characters. The ending also ends on a random "woh hoh don't you see how ambiguous it is? Aren't we so deep aha". The anime honestly felt like a fever dream ngl.

The animation is filled with mostly really stiff and basic shots. It's serviceable half of the time, but then it'd occasionally randomly just turn to straight mac n cheese.

(Also behold, it's Birdemic!)

Their mecha vehicles are also animated mostly in terrible early 2000s Japanese CG.. yeah... Excuse the spanish dub, the only clip of this that I can find. (timestamp 16:42) Just look at how the pilot's faces are warping like it's edited with windows movie maker after the spinning gun fight @16:54 lol...

In terms of the fanservice, there certainly is a lot of it. Jo and Meg have this weird lesbian tension between them. One of Jo's traits is "I want to strip my clothing off". All of the female leads are dressed like hentai characters (though some of their designs are pretty cool imo). Sometimes you even see the shading emphasizing nipple bumps on their clothing for no real reason (i.e Meg's tank top). The design can get so bad the worst example would be this.

But yeah. Unfortunately, it pretty much was that bad. Everything that could go wrong went wrong. :l
MonushaSep 9, 2021 11:18 PM
Sep 17, 2021 8:38 PM

Aug 2018
Monusha said:
Jo and Meg have this weird lesbian tension between them.

Not sure if you read the manga, but Jo and Meg are confirmed to be dating. Also, in the English dub, Maria calls Meg Jo's girlfriend, not sure if that happened in the sub because I didn't watch it.

I agree, there's too much fanservice, stiff shots, bad cg animation, and I don't like the ending. I feel like it had a lot of potential to be a good anime, but they just sexualized all the girls in the show and trashed the story/animation. It's disappointing.
Oct 31, 2021 1:16 PM
Oct 2021
I agree with your points, it basically felt like they were hopping on a hype trend with nothing to back it up. I only vaguely remember the show cause of how badass Joe looks and that she has white hair and uses guns. Remembering the fanservice also makes me remember their being no story, kinda gives me the same vibes as UFO Valkyrie back when I didn't know anything about anime. Also hi everyone here I'm new ^^
Jun 21, 2023 7:34 PM
Aug 2014
With the amount of fan service in this show, I'm confused why no site lists this as ecchi when shows that have almost zero fan service get that label for just for being slightly suggestive at times.

More topics from this board

» Spoilers in the character descriptions for Sei and meg. Admin?

Foreall908 - Jan 4

0 by Foreall908 »»
Jan 4, 10:43 PM

Poll: » Bakuretsu Tenshi Episode 1 Discussion

xXDaijinkazeXx - May 25, 2009

11 by AshRayKay »»
Oct 6, 2023 8:14 PM

Poll: » Bakuretsu Tenshi Episode 7 Discussion

Kvakond - Dec 12, 2008

3 by AshRayKay »»
Oct 6, 2023 8:08 PM

Poll: » Bakuretsu Tenshi Episode 24 Discussion

KillthisAccount - Mar 25, 2009

25 by Inexplicable »»
Feb 10, 2023 12:06 PM

Poll: » Bakuretsu Tenshi Episode 12 Discussion

Kvakond - Dec 12, 2008

2 by JaniSIr »»
Jun 6, 2022 7:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.