Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 28, 2019 1:57 AM
May 2018
I just finished watching this show and found it to be quite good. The plot was snappy and the characters were likable. The art wasn't bad either, for the era it came from.

All that being said, I cannot reconcile why the show has such a bad rating here on MAL (somewhere around 5.36 at this time). Can anyone else attest to this film's virtues, or perhaps someone can point out why popular opinion is against it?
Apr 1, 2019 4:21 PM
Feb 2019
I can only guess, but it's probably because people who would ever find this anime are people who have tried to delve deeper than MAL's top 100 and already have certain expectations for anime, and don't rate every anime they just like with 8-10 stars. People who actually find this anime also most likely have a lot of other anime to compare it to.
Sep 11, 2019 8:32 PM

Jan 2018
maybe its because the story is rushed, we never got an explanation to their powers, neko went from city girl to lead a small army in just 5 minutes after someone told her to go conquer a kingdom, and after she did exactly that we have no idea what hapened there cause on the next scene they were in japan, and it was a very fast finnal battle and the blue dinosaur was horrible.
but it was overall a fun movie, a cool story, the animation was okay for the time and the scene where neko is smoking and crying next to a river is just magnificent.
Sep 11, 2019 8:38 PM

Jan 2018
I would post the screenshot of neko smoking but I am too lazy to upload it somewhere else and then add the link here, but it was a beatifull scene.
Nov 1, 2020 2:30 AM
Jul 2020
This is one of the best old school animes!!
May 10, 2022 2:30 PM
Aug 2020
I think it's expectations muddying reality.
Essentially, if people expect an anime from the 80s to be old and bad, then even before watching it, they've already decided that it's old and bad, without taking the time to actually critically analyse the anime itself.
Jun 25, 2022 5:48 PM

Aug 2016
I watched this anime movie yesterday and its one of the worst anime movie I have ever finished, and its bad from the beginning. the only good thing about it is the okayish character chemistry and the barely decent visuals, but everything else is a mess

the characters have superpowers for the sake of having them, the story throws them into situation after situation in the most rushed way possible, and the girl is a war commander without any effort etc. Im all for messianic characters transported to a different world or time, but Im not gonna defend this. If you want something better, just go read this manga :
https://myanimelist.net/manga/103543/Ryuu

or even better: go watch the original Planet of the Apes.
MichaelJacksonJun 25, 2022 6:00 PM
:v

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tobira wo Akete (1986) Episode 1 Discussion

lanblade - Jan 25, 2014

9 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Feb 19, 11:45 PM

» This is yet another classic isekai...

Ajvisor - Feb 3, 2019

0 by Ajvisor »»
Feb 3, 2019 8:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.