Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 20, 2017 11:36 AM
Apr 2015
I do have to agree with the reviewer here that yes, unfortunately this anime is bad, but out of curiosity I checked out to see what the radio dramas were like listed here and they're actually better written than what this OVA provided for a story (it should have been more than 3 episodes), plus it doesn't seem to have those random tone shifts that was one of the things that killed the OVA: http://www.usagi.org/doi/voogie/adrama/index.html

What do you think? Voogie even interestingly has an older sister in this drama, which the anime never used. I'm kinda thinking this OVA wasn't originally planned to be 3 episodes long, but was maybe planned to be more like a longer anime that used the stories of this radio drama, I mean, had it been like this, or maybe even one entire movie (these sound like all of these could even well paced enough to fit a movie, I'm not sure what the ending would have been though had it been listed), then it probably would have been better, or to quote Jerry Beck, a lot of ink and paint might have been used for better things.

Honestly this is an anime that I'd say should be rebooted using based on those things (I'm also thinking of having a TV size of the original opening, first two endings and such too), I'm not sure if it would work nowadays though, nor if any of the original VAs could return...but there could be a possibility, but don't let Toei try to touch it.

What do you think? Just something I thought up about.
Saint-SheepyJan 20, 2017 11:45 AM
Dec 4, 2022 1:49 AM

Jan 2020
Saint-Sheepy said:
I do have to agree with the reviewer here that yes, unfortunately this anime is bad, but out of curiosity I checked out to see what the radio dramas were like listed here and they're actually better written than what this OVA provided for a story (it should have been more than 3 episodes), plus it doesn't seem to have those random tone shifts that was one of the things that killed the OVA: http://www.usagi.org/doi/voogie/adrama/index.html

What do you think? Voogie even interestingly has an older sister in this drama, which the anime never used. I'm kinda thinking this OVA wasn't originally planned to be 3 episodes long, but was maybe planned to be more like a longer anime that used the stories of this radio drama, I mean, had it been like this, or maybe even one entire movie (these sound like all of these could even well paced enough to fit a movie, I'm not sure what the ending would have been though had it been listed), then it probably would have been better, or to quote Jerry Beck, a lot of ink and paint might have been used for better things.

Honestly this is an anime that I'd say should be rebooted using based on those things (I'm also thinking of having a TV size of the original opening, first two endings and such too), I'm not sure if it would work nowadays though, nor if any of the original VAs could return...but there could be a possibility, but don't let Toei try to touch it.

What do you think? Just something I thought up about.

No this ova is really good
It's got a nice story and it's really well animated
All the hate this ova gets is dumb and stupid

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dennou Sentai Voogie's★Angel Episode 3 Discussion

BlaizeV - Dec 6, 2018

2 by Eyth »»
Apr 16, 2022 3:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.