Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 28, 2016 3:11 PM

Sep 2009
There's like 5 bajillion different iterations of this thing, so it must be popular to some people, but according my reputable sources (of anime and manga involving otaku), precure is primarily liked by otaku, but it's supposed to be a children's show. So is the actual target audience children or otaku? Which comprises a larger portion of the actual audience? (Otaku probably spend more $$$ though, which leads to the question is it a show actually targeted towards otaku (will spend $), under the guise of a children's show?)
(No, I haven't watched any of it myself yet, but it comes up surprisingly often in other anime/manga)
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Oct 28, 2016 3:15 PM

Sep 2015
I grew up watching Precure and have treated this show as a blast from the past. To hear that a lot of otaku watching this, it's a nice feeling. Despite that the Otaku audience are probably spending more merchandise than the children, I still believe that it's more of a children's show. It's just a nostalgia thing.
Oct 28, 2016 3:24 PM

Sep 2015
Oh god is this another My Little Pony case? not that I'm judging though

Welp, time to start watching dis shit then
Oct 28, 2016 3:30 PM

Feb 2013
The Precure series has ~14 seasons of ~50 episodes each, most featuring a new cast, and it airs Sunday mornings. Toei keeps this up because it's pretty successful, similar to One Piece. This series is a spiritual sequel to Ojamajo Doremi which was also a Mahou Shoujo series done by Toei in 50 episode seasons on sunday mornings.

Unlike late night "otaku" anime, this one occasionally shows up in top 10 anime ratings for the week (link), making me think that the actual audience is closer to the other series in top 10 (i.e. kids/girls) than otakus.

I also heard that it has pretty good fighting scenes, so this is probably one of the reasons it has a wider appeal.
Oct 28, 2016 3:32 PM
Mar 2011
romagia said:
The Precure series has ~14 seasons of ~50 episodes each, most featuring a new cast, and it airs Sunday mornings. Toei keeps this up because it's pretty successful, similar to One Piece. This series is a spiritual sequel to Ojamajo Doremi which was also a Mahou Shoujo series done by Toei in 50 episode seasons on sunday mornings.

Unlike late night "otaku" anime, this one occasionally shows up in top 10 anime ratings for the week (link), making me think that the actual audience is closer to the other series in top 10 (i.e. kids/girls) than otakus.

I also heard that it has pretty good fighting scenes, so this is probably one of the reasons it has a wider appeal.

its the only new franchise of of the past 15 years tthat is a mainstrem TV ANIME

so its needed
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Oct 28, 2016 3:34 PM

Feb 2013
DateYutaka said:
romagia said:

its the only new franchise of of the past 15 years tthat is a mainstrem TV ANIME

so its needed
what about youkai watch ? or do u mean tv original
Oct 28, 2016 3:38 PM
Mar 2011
romagia said:
DateYutaka said:

so its needed
what about youkai watch ? or do u mean tv original

yokai wathc is like .hack it was always ment to being multmidia Franchise while precure was not

Precure began as an anime became muitmia hit later

fucn fact of your a gamer there a push for pre cure mosou game just ot say
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong

More topics from this board

Poll: » Precure All-Stars DX the Dance Live: Miracle Dance Stage e Youkoso Episode 1 Discussion

Gar_Logan - Nov 30, 2011

8 by ImaAnimal »»
Sep 12, 2023 9:14 AM

» Has anyone seen this?

animedark - Oct 29, 2011

0 by animedark »»
Oct 29, 2011 9:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.