Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 18, 2016 11:03 AM
Feb 2016
Because it's trash compared to Muv Luv.

It's basically THAT "realistic"and "mature" according to casuals spin-off series always get, the ones kids say are "not like your usual anime xD". The characters are not very interesting and neither is the fanfic story, it's not fleshed out properly and it just pales in comparison with the original.

A similar example is Fate/Zero, it got popular among the english community of 15 year olds that started watching anime so they think it's "not your usual anime" deep and mature despite it's characters being cookie cutter retards(but they smoke and have guns, so cool) and the story being many times inferior to the original. Reason why the characters are not well liked in Japan with the exception of the loud delusional dictator 'cause he's kinda fun, and the series sells no merch either, even less compared to the main series.

The difference is that the Muv Luv fanbase doesn't like to eat shit because people have actually read the fucking VN and they know this is meh at best and most casuals aren't really called into watching when they read the words mecha and aliens.

If you want to go outside of VNs there's always the currently airing Gundam IBO, considered trash by Gundam fans but liked by people that never watched Gundam before. Unlike SchwarzesmakasajhfjIern Gundam is a popular name so casuals might consider giving it a shot since "it's popular so it might be gud"
Dec 24, 2016 4:40 AM

Jul 2016
Well, episode 1 has heavy infodumping (which I think is still not enough to fully understand the full picture of Muv Luv Alternative timeline) that may bore some newcomers of the franchise.

Like the original VN has high entry barrier (it requires the player to endure 20++ hours of typical romcom VN until it reaches the "meat"), Schwazesmarken requires only anime viewers to have i) to have some knowledge about Alternative timeline
ii) to have some knowledge and interest towards the events during the Cold War
to fully appreciate the series.

Like all LN adaptation, Schwazesmarken suffers from heavy context cut from its transition from a 7 volume LN to a 12 episode anime. Some might found actions of certain character irrational in the anime that is well elaborate in the LN. One notable example is the notorious TheodorXLiz scene. In the newly released VN adaptation, Theodor is trapped within believing Liz out of his guilt of not able to protect her and her being his sole surviving family member and doubting Liz to a spy from Stasi to protect the team and his promise with Katia and Irisdina. When Liz offered herself to Theodor, his suspicion towards Liz being a spy from Stasi rises as it is common for Stasi to use honey trap. Though it seems that Liz outmaneuver him as she managed to "mislead" Theodor that he is indeed taking the lead in "controlling" Liz.

TL;DR: reasons: episode 1 being too infodumping heavy, high entry barrier and some might find some actions taken by some characters to be irrational due to lack of screentime to fit the context inside.

@E96825

btw, I watched several gundam series and I think it is too harsh to call it trash. I enjoyed it as it lacks some random kid becoming so OP when he gets his hands on the Gundam without any mentioning that he/she receives any appropriate training to at least turn on the switch. It is very refreshing to see physical ammunition/weapon to be dominant(so far) in a Gundam series. While the MS, even the Gundam is still appropriately OP and can't do some bullshit (yet) like neutralizing 30++ MS in an instant (looking at you Kira Yamato), the redundancy keep on mentioning the issue of child soldier can be sometimes tiring to watch and the death flag of some characters like Biscuit can be seen miles away. Sitll, the best Gundam series , to me, is still Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2016

173 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 25, 2023 8:10 AM

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2016

78 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 25, 2023 7:58 AM

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2016

176 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 25, 2023 2:14 AM

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2016

115 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 24, 2023 10:28 PM

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2016

76 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 23, 2023 6:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.