MyAnimeList.net

MAL API

Information
MyAnimeList.net's API discussion club. Developers can join and discussion possible features, changes or bugs.

API Documentation: http://myanimelist.net/modules.php?go=api

Club Members


Displaying 5 of 25 topics | See All
Club Discussion
Sticky: API Whitelisting ( 1 2 )
Xinil
21 replies by shinigamibob »»
Yesterday, 11:15 AM
Search API ( 1 2 )
Xinil
31 replies by Nehmu »»
06-08-14, 5:46 PM
Data consistency
Kotori
0 replies by Kotori »»
01-01-14, 3:36 AM
provided user agent string not working
kuruoujou
3 replies by kuruoujou »»
12-31-13, 3:51 PM
Any plan on safe login ?
RockOnABear
0 replies by RockOnABear »»
09-26-13, 9:18 PM



Club Comments
D4r4ku | 01-08-14, 10:56 AM
how can I get my own user Agent approved 'cause the webform isn't available anymore

Imtiaz | 12-19-13, 4:56 AM
Cool! I got my user-agent and IP approved. It was faster than I expected. About 12 hours. :)

Thanks!l

Sylpheed | 12-09-13, 6:17 PM
Oh, you used Regex.

I already have my own wrapper class for MAL's API so I only looked at the xml sanitation code and it worked well for me. Thanks!

LordHighCaptain | 12-08-13, 1:39 PM
Sylpheed, I wrote a .NET library for accessing malappinfo.php that takes care of the XML parsing for you, including dealing with malformed XML that malappinfo generates if a user's tags contain certain XML characters. https://bitbucket.org/LHCGreg/mal-api/

Give it a try and see if it solves your problems.

Sylpheed | 12-08-13, 7:27 AM
I'm getting this kind of exception when dealing with XML returned with malappinfo.php API. It happens whenever there's a weird character (like in ChäoS;HEAd) in the XML.

"Reference to undeclared entity 'eacute'". I've read a few hours about DTD and tried different solutions I can grab. Unfortunately, I'm still stuck with this problem.

How do you go over this? I'm using C# .NET but I think this problem is language agnostic based on what I've researched.

Sylpheed | 12-06-13, 2:19 AM
Somehow it's working after I change the HTTP library I'm using. Please ignore my previous comment. Thanks.

Sylpheed | 11-27-13, 7:55 AM
@erengy
I tried Fiddler to inspect the requests. I think I'm encoding it properly since I'm getting the same encoded value for the authorization for both my .NET app and Google Chrome. It works on chrome. I'm still getting 403 :(

I'm using .NET's HttpWebRequest

@Diablofan
I tried using NetworkCredentials and whenever I inspect it with Fiddler, I don't see any authorization header.

I'm seeing the "incapsula" but only with my browser. It only returns 403 (and nothing else) whenever I try it with my test app.

Diablofan | 11-26-13, 12:47 PM
@Sylpheed: There are two things I can think of:
1) Erengy's suggestion of not being authorized; use:
webClient.Credentials = new NetworkCredentials("uername", "password"); to get the authorization header correct, assuming you're using a WebClient object. A similarly named property should exist if you're not using WebClient.

2) Its possible that you're not whitelisted with the API so you'll need whitelisted. Try erengy's suggestion of setting a basic user agent string and capturing the responses from the app with fiddler or the like. If you're getting incapsula stuff (which should, in the response somewhere say "incapsula") then you'll need whitelisted.

Club Stats
Members: 219
Pictures:
Category: Other
Created: Jul 14, 2009


Club Officers
Xinil (Creator)

Club Type
This is a public club. Anyone can join and invite others to join.


Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices