Apr 22, 6:13 PM

Feb 2024
Hey fellows, how about some bloodshed?

Here is what I'm looking for:
- Theme: girls with guns and knives
- Genre: drama, dark
- Violence: brutal
- Production quality: any

I want something sharp, not LycoReco type. Let's say Black Lagoon and Phantom are on the lower end of violence meter for this request.

Old production is fine, as long as other aspects are good.
I don't mind something categorized as "hentai" if that's just a few scenes and not the main theme (A Kite, Mezzo Forte). Horror is also fine if it's not mind games (When They Cry).

I don't need many, I just want a few best ones.

Thanks ^_^
LoveYourSmileApr 22, 6:21 PM
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Apr 22, 10:10 PM

Mar 2019
Apr 23, 1:30 AM

Sep 2016
Might be too far off but I remember there is at least 1 girl with a knife or scissors and some other girls getting brutally slaughtered.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/13807/Corpse_Party__Missing_Footage
https://myanimelist.net/anime/15037/Corpse_Party__Tortured_Souls_-_Bougyakusareta_Tamashii_no_Jukyou
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Apr 23, 6:12 AM

Feb 2024
Reply to Zarutaku
Might be too far off but I remember there is at least 1 girl with a knife or scissors and some other girls getting brutally slaughtered.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/13807/Corpse_Party__Missing_Footage
https://myanimelist.net/anime/15037/Corpse_Party__Tortured_Souls_-_Bougyakusareta_Tamashii_no_Jukyou
@Zarutaku Are they good? Why are all horror anime rated so low? Is it a quality problem or a perception problem?
Apr 23, 7:00 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to LoveYourSmile
@Zarutaku Are they good? Why are all horror anime rated so low? Is it a quality problem or a perception problem?
Good depends in what regard, brutality and gore I would say yes, classic horror tropes like stupid character behavior also yes, personal enjoyment no.
Horror having low scores isn't an Anime specific thing, it's known the be one of the worst rated entertainment genre in general.
I guess not only but also because they are often predictable with weak writing and characters behaving stupid just to get killed for the sake of the genre.
ZarutakuApr 23, 11:30 AM
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Apr 25, 5:20 PM

Aug 2008
https://myanimelist.net/anime/8100/Mardock_Scramble__The_First_Compression

Mardock Scramble is the spiritual successor to A Kite, Kite Liberator, and Mezzo Forte. It's good, but it's not exactly what you would expect.

Gunslinger Girl is excellent but the manga is far superior to the animations. The first adaptation by Madhouse ad-libs the story because not much of the manga was published at the time. The second adaptation is essentially canon but only covers a small part of the story and was made with an unfortunately low budget. It is a tragic series but the violence is more on par with Phantom, so perhaps not what you are looking for.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.
Apr 25, 8:13 PM
Jul 2020
Noir
These girls leave lots of dead bodies.
Apr 26, 2:57 AM

Feb 2024
Reply to Deserada
https://myanimelist.net/anime/8100/Mardock_Scramble__The_First_Compression

Mardock Scramble is the spiritual successor to A Kite, Kite Liberator, and Mezzo Forte. It's good, but it's not exactly what you would expect.

Gunslinger Girl is excellent but the manga is far superior to the animations. The first adaptation by Madhouse ad-libs the story because not much of the manga was published at the time. The second adaptation is essentially canon but only covers a small part of the story and was made with an unfortunately low budget. It is a tragic series but the violence is more on par with Phantom, so perhaps not what you are looking for.
@Deserada Wow, thank you! I checked the trailer of Mardock Scramble and it looked really promising, gonna watch it tonight.
Apr 26, 9:39 PM

Mar 2019
I'll second (third?) Gunslinger Girl, I really enjoyed it. I think Mardock Scramble was pretty good too as others have said, but in all honesty I was pretty drunk when I watched it and I don't remember much about it, lol..

Also check out Gunsmith Cats if you haven't already, it's pretty good.

I know Strike Witches is probably not what you're looking for, but I enjoyed that one too :P
Apr 26, 9:45 PM

Feb 2024
Reply to xthewarwithinx
I'll second (third?) Gunslinger Girl, I really enjoyed it. I think Mardock Scramble was pretty good too as others have said, but in all honesty I was pretty drunk when I watched it and I don't remember much about it, lol..

Also check out Gunsmith Cats if you haven't already, it's pretty good.

I know Strike Witches is probably not what you're looking for, but I enjoyed that one too :P
@xthewarwithinx Perfect, thank you, added to my shortlist for this weekend.
Apr 28, 5:26 PM

Feb 2024
I've just finished watching "Gunslinger Girl," and it exceeded my expectations by far. Initially, I perceived it as potentially dull, akin to LycoReco. That assumption was clearly a mistake on my part. I'm grateful to everyone who recommended it. Is the sequel as remarkable as the original series? I'm genuinely apprehensive about tarnishing that impression...
Apr 29, 6:01 PM

Aug 2008
Reply to LoveYourSmile
I've just finished watching "Gunslinger Girl," and it exceeded my expectations by far. Initially, I perceived it as potentially dull, akin to LycoReco. That assumption was clearly a mistake on my part. I'm grateful to everyone who recommended it. Is the sequel as remarkable as the original series? I'm genuinely apprehensive about tarnishing that impression...
@LoveYourEyes Glad you enjoyed it. The story in the second season is good, but the animation quality is inferior due to a lower budget. The art style also changes and is slightly closer to the art at that point in the manga (the manga ran for a decade or so and the mangaka's style did change, for the better I believe). The action is still there and it's good.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.
May 3, 6:54 AM

Jun 2014
Kara no Kyoukai - the mc uses knife as a weapon
May 3, 6:59 AM

Feb 2024
Reply to blessofcurse
Kara no Kyoukai - the mc uses knife as a weapon
@blessofcurse Perfect, thank you. I've heard of that show but never added it to my list, dunno why. Fixed now.
May 5, 1:33 AM

Feb 2024
Reply to thorin001
Noir
These girls leave lots of dead bodies.
@thorin001 Thank you, I enjoyed it a lot! Even though it's not that violent as I requested, but the atmosphere is magnificent, definitely impressive show, supprassed my expectations by far.
May 5, 4:52 AM

Sep 2015
Girls with guns? Try the OVA anime show Gunsmith Cats. It's a very fun show. It's sad that it's only an OVA though, but ya know, I take what I can get.
The OVA is based on the manga with the same name. Also might be fun to look into
"This signature is under construction." ~Fabuubz
May 5, 8:15 AM

Jan 2022
Not guns/knives, but how about Jujutsu Kaisen's Nobara and her hammer?

Hellsing Ultimate
May 5, 11:13 AM

Feb 2024
Reply to mo_lave
Not guns/knives, but how about Jujutsu Kaisen's Nobara and her hammer?

Hellsing Ultimate
@mo_lave Hellsing definitely looks appealing for me, thank you. When it comes to Jujutsu Kaisen, I have a question: isn't it somewhat similar to Demon Slayer, Naruto or Attack on Titan? I absolutely hate these shows for some unclear reason (sorry), and that's why I've never even added JJK to my list. Was I terribly wrong maybe?
May 5, 11:18 AM

Jan 2022
Reply to LoveYourSmile
@mo_lave Hellsing definitely looks appealing for me, thank you. When it comes to Jujutsu Kaisen, I have a question: isn't it somewhat similar to Demon Slayer, Naruto or Attack on Titan? I absolutely hate these shows for some unclear reason (sorry), and that's why I've never even added JJK to my list. Was I terribly wrong maybe?
@LoveYourEyes JJK is a better battle shounen story-wise than the others mentioned (except AOT's final season because I really loved the geopolitical part of it)
May 5, 12:57 PM

May 2023
Anime Girls vs. Nukes

May 6, 2:55 AM

Feb 2024
Reply to Astachanna
Anime Girls vs. Nukes

@Astachanna Is it Infinite Stratos? Do you recommend it or is it just for lulz?
May 6, 6:16 AM

Jan 2021
Did you watch akame ga kill>

They have both knives and guns
May 6, 6:51 AM

Feb 2024
Reply to Cammell
Did you watch akame ga kill>

They have both knives and guns
@Cammell Hell yeah, fashion and passion!
May 6, 6:58 AM

Oct 2023
May 6, 8:13 AM

Jun 2023
Reply to LoveYourSmile
@thorin001 Thank you, I enjoyed it a lot! Even though it's not that violent as I requested, but the atmosphere is magnificent, definitely impressive show, supprassed my expectations by far.
@LoveYourEyes If you liked Noir, you might like Madlax and El Cazador de la Bruja; along with Noir, they make up BeeTrain's Girls-With-Guns trilogy. Not sequels, but spiritual successors.

Also, I second JoeChip's Ga-Rei Zero rec.
May 6, 8:47 AM

Feb 2024
Reply to pludel2
@LoveYourEyes If you liked Noir, you might like Madlax and El Cazador de la Bruja; along with Noir, they make up BeeTrain's Girls-With-Guns trilogy. Not sequels, but spiritual successors.

Also, I second JoeChip's Ga-Rei Zero rec.
@pludel2 Perfect, thank you! I just noticed them literally on the 2nd and 3rd place among anime recommendation on Noir page, but somehow I overlooked them previously. Definitely something to put on the top of my "shortlist" (which appears to be very long list already, haha).
May 6, 10:57 AM

Apr 2015
Not sure if it counts, but Princess Principal maybe? Most of the cast have guns, no knives, but there is a girl with a sword. No gore, but does have blood with a darker theme in the movies. Mostly political drama and action at it's forefront.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
May 6, 11:32 AM

Feb 2024
Reply to Tropisch
Not sure if it counts, but Princess Principal maybe? Most of the cast have guns, no knives, but there is a girl with a sword. No gore, but does have blood with a darker theme in the movies. Mostly political drama and action at it's forefront.
@Tropisch Never heard this name before, thank you!

More topics from this board

» Looking for chillin horror anime about ghosts

Shabo-kun - 7 hours ago

5 by mo_lave »»
4 hours ago

» Any media like Erased ( 1 2 )

Alioli360 - May 25

52 by YourCarrot »»
6 hours ago

» Anime where MC’s saving girl/girls

JiroOzaki - May 28

3 by M2zC »»
6 hours ago

» Is there anything left for us?!

fattdaddio - May 29

6 by JoeChip »»
10 hours ago

» Shoujosei with no/little romance

misamxsa - Yesterday

6 by JoeChip »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.