Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 6, 1:19 PM

Oct 2020
official_brown said:
Ya know, girls are people too, they just don’t always go for the hottest dude around. You don’t like someone just because they are hot, lol.

I do.

There's actually a theory among Re:Zero fags that Subaru is in some way fated to be in love with Emilia (and this goes the other way around, I guess). This would explain why he went after her in the first episode instead of just living a normal life in the city.

But in any case, Re:Zero is garbage.
Read light novels!
2023 Update: Do NOT read light novels. Regular novels are better. Glory to Haruki Murakami!!!
Apr 6, 1:30 PM
Jan 2021
KietaTeenRomance said:
official_brown said:
Ya know, girls are people too, they just don’t always go for the hottest dude around. You don’t like someone just because they are hot, lol.

I do.

There's actually a theory among Re:Zero fags that Subaru is in some way fated to be in love with Emilia (and this goes the other way around, I guess). This would explain why he went after her in the first episode instead of just living a normal life in the city.

That’s fine, I don’t really care what people think about the anime. But it’s cringe to say that girls only go after hot guys. If you go in public, that’s obviously not true. Women and men are both vain in the same amounts.
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Apr 6, 6:07 PM

Oct 2020
Reply to official_brown
KietaTeenRomance said:
official_brown said:

I do.

That’s fine, I don’t really care what people think about the anime. But it’s cringe to say that girls only go after hot guys. If you go in public, that’s obviously not true. Women and men are both vain in the same amounts.
That's the truth. Women will only want to date the hottest men, just like we want to date the hotters women. Just admit that this
Read light novels!
2023 Update: Do NOT read light novels. Regular novels are better. Glory to Haruki Murakami!!!
Apr 6, 11:45 PM

Sep 2020
KietaTeenRomance said:
That's the truth. Women will only want to date the hottest men, just like we want to date the hotters women. Just admit that this

Well at least we don't have to worry about you bringing any more intelligent thinkers like yourself into the world any time soon.
Either bait response or actually brain dead.
Apr 7, 12:26 AM

Aug 2020
Reply to rohan121
You could say that about most isekai in general that the tall pretty boy would land the harem over mc if being realistic. Every girl in that show would chose 6"3 Ruijerd over to max height rudeus 5"9. Shoujo anime already have the pretty boy win though they are unrealistic for the guy staying loyal to just 1 girl.
Are you stupid? NO ONE would choose Ruijerd. He's a literal children's horror story/myth.
Keep scrolling
Apr 7, 2:59 AM

Jan 2019
Reply to KietaTeenRomance
@KietaTeenRomance I get it you only hate Re:Zero because you have Incel behaviours.

Looking for better series than Re:Zero
Apr 7, 6:34 AM

Oct 2020
IAmKry said:
Well at least we don't have to worry about you bringing any more intelligent thinkers like yourself into the world any time soon.

Okeanix said:
@KietaTeenRomance I get it you only hate Re:Zero because you have Incel behaviours.

Well, I think I expressed myself poorly. What I was trying to say is that appearance does play a role in romantic attraction and that there's nothing wrong in saying this. Of course, there're so many factors that affects romantic attraction, but yes, physical appearance is one of them.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/dating-and-mating/201701/why-physical-attraction-matters-and-when-it-might-not
Read light novels!
Apr 8, 4:15 AM
Mar 2021
i mean even if he have a perfect profile Emilia character is not the kind to easily fall in love (or even understand the meaning of love) easily even more for a reason like a person qualities she spent her daily life with Subaru who showed her everyday how much he cared about her so realisticaly speaking it would be strange if she falled in love with anyone other than Subaru people would say its the plot who wants it but that same plot keep giving reasons in the story as to why Subaru and Emilia should date.
(on top of that Subaru is a damn fucking chad in the novel)
Apr 8, 9:51 AM
Nov 2016
Reply to KietaTeenRomance
IAmKry said:

Okeanix said:

Well, I think I expressed myself poorly. What I was trying to say is that appearance does play a role in romantic attraction and that there's nothing wrong in saying this. Of course, there're so many factors that affects romantic attraction, but yes, physical appearance is one of them.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/dating-and-mating/201701/why-physical-attraction-matters-and-when-it-might-not
@KietaTeenRomance Subaru is hot, he just makes ugly faces sometimes, even when he's crossdressing he looks hotter than most female characters I've seen.
Apr 10, 10:20 PM
Jul 2022
Emilia is not worthy for Reinhardt
Apr 11, 12:16 AM
Feb 2023
Reply to Merve2Love
Piromysl said:
If Emilia would be a shallow girl, then she would because Reinhardt is THE Gary Stu like Tatsuya or Kirito.

Pretty harsh.

What‘s wrong with fancying the succesful, strong guy over the whiny dude who has a hard time getting his shit together? o.O

That doesn’t really strike me as a shallow way to choose. It‘s kinda weird that she likes Subaru … I think OP got a point. (For once)
@Merve2Love That is very shallow.
Apr 11, 12:17 AM
Feb 2023
Reply to Kushna
Realistically speaking, it's actually quite strange for Emillia to fall in love with NEET Subaru. Subaru is just a plain-looking guy, regardless of how well-developed or  well-written his character is. I prefer Reinhard for Emillia since, like the OP said, he's elegant with good looks to back it up.
@Kushna Reinhart would not be attractive to Emilia, realistically speaking. Emilia is the last person to judge by looks or clout.
Apr 11, 12:20 AM
Feb 2023
Reply to Bad-Judgement
Reinhard would be a crush at best. We’ve gotten little to no screen time with him and I can’t remember one proper conversation between them.
@Bad-Judgement Well, he wouldn’t. Emilia might be childish, but she isn’t dumb.
Apr 11, 12:23 AM
Feb 2023
Reply to mawawile
It doesn’t really make sense for Emilia to have random crushes on people, and if she did, why would it be a knight of another candidate to the throne? Her desire to take the throne to unfreeze her people and her deep insecurity from being hated for looking like the witch precedes any feelings of romance that aren’t uniquely special, especially the reasons you just listed for why she should fall in love with Reinhard. And if you rewatch, you can clearly observe through interactions that she doesn’t feel romantic love for Subaru in S1, and it’s more of a one sided love on Subaru’s end.

And yes, Emilia developing a love for Subaru would make sense. Him being involved with Emilia is the result of the first arc, that’s just the way the story begins. Beyond that, he’s one of the only people who can view her as a the girl Emilia first before the universally feared witch, and because of his personality he just honestly blurts his feelings out in this flirty way. Even Puck constantly confirms with whatever mind reading abilities that Subaru is being honest. This is surprising, because it’s impossible for 99.9% of other people due to how ingrained the fear of the witch is. Emilia has never been on the receiving end of an admittedly simple, but truly honest love.

But Emilia has objectives she must achieve and the Re:Zero world is harsh. It is because of his power, but Subaru has worked extremely hard to be able to stay by her side. Everything he has gone through in season 1 and season 2 cement this. It just makes sense for the story to go in the direction of Emilia eventually reciprocating Subaru’s feelings.
@mawawile Reason, man, REASON! Thank you for being reasoanble.
Apr 12, 3:16 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to Migami210
@Merve2Love That is very shallow.
@Migami210

It's how people in the real world judge value^^
Not really saying it's right or wrong. It's just how this works.

Maybe that's the beauty of Anime, no? That the girl WILL choose the less attractive, less succesful and less respectable guy...for...reasons.
But...I think it's important to not confuse this with actual real life :P
Apr 15, 10:18 PM
Jan 2021
Sanjay63773 said:
Ok, Emilia fans. Pause for a second. If the story was written from Emilia's perspective, I am 100% sure that she would choose Reinhard over Subaru anyday. He's friendly, compassionate, brave, very elegant, handsome, tall and dreamy guy that girls tend to love fall in love with.
I get that Subaru is supposed to be a flawed character but I think Emilia fans just see her as a waifu rather than a full-fledged person. If you put yourself in Emilia's place, it's very easy to see why she would fall in love with this guy rather than NEET dude from another world.

If I were to be Emilia with my current brain I'd still "choose" Subaru because he has legit done more for me than Reinhard and has shown time and time again that he loved me. also I have been around Subaru way longer than Reinhard so it is more than clear who I should develop feelings for in the first place.
I'm saying "my current brain" because who knows what kinda brains they have in an isekai.

Mf love isn't some alpha male bullshit where the girl chooses the one with the more expensive lambo. You have to be an extraordinarily shallow person to choose Reinhard from that pov because you are something like: "Do I choose the better looking, more powerful guy I met like 6 times or this guy who could never do as much" insead of "Ok so Subaru proved to me time and time again that he loves me and wouldn't back down for anything. I have his security. I can tell him anything. He has shown growth because of me and he will most likely continue to do so. I start developing feelings for him because I have been around him all this time and he has these traits" meanwhile Reinhard is like "yeah I heared hes a very good person."
Apr 16, 8:53 AM
Nov 2016
Reply to Merve2Love
@Migami210

It's how people in the real world judge value^^
Not really saying it's right or wrong. It's just how this works.

Maybe that's the beauty of Anime, no? That the girl WILL choose the less attractive, less succesful and less respectable guy...for...reasons.
But...I think it's important to not confuse this with actual real life :P
@Merve2Love Subaru's fangirls are real people tho
Apr 16, 12:59 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to JP88
@Merve2Love Subaru's fangirls are real people tho
@JP88

True. And real people can't be out of line, then?^^
Apr 20, 2:33 AM
Jan 2020
I don't disagree with the logic.

I just think it's because he has been more present in her life on a near day to day basis.
Apr 20, 3:11 PM
May 2022
(I won't delve into post season 2 stuff in my rant, dw)
Ok Reinhard might look good and is super powerful but aside from driving away Elsa in the loothouse what has he done for Emilia? You must severely underestimate Tappei's writing skills if you think it'd be more realistic for her to do something that shallow. Or you have no understanding of what love is.
Subaru has been with Emilia for several months, he's constantly complimented her, been nice to her, saved her multiple times, said he loved her, but above all, he was the first person to be Emilia's friend.
Emilia has been scorned her entire life just for looking like Satella. She's never had any sort of relationship with anyone after her memories were sealed aside from Puck. Yet, this boy she's never met before came outta nowhere and saved her from Elsa and only asked for her name in repayment despite her looking like the Witch of Envy. And then everything else Subaru does for her in Season 1 and 2. Subaru is also the only person that said he loved her aside from Puck(as far as she knows before she got her memories back).
So you tell me what's more realistic. Subaru or Reinhard?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Apr 24

21 by Okeanix »»
Apr 27, 4:29 PM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2016

631 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 3:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.