Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 11, 2022 2:49 PM
Jun 2021
I just finished the series but i have a question regarding how exactly
. Did eiris plan of using the schuman ressonance
because it was written in protocol 7? If I understood it correctly, the information of protcol 7 should be adapted to the real world since
but i'm not 100% sure, but from what i've seen the
. Besides that theres still my question to how
Apr 11, 2022 3:44 PM
Jul 2019
I always thought that she completely submitted her soul into the wired and became a godlike being without a body. She's basically existing everywhere where the wire has reach

Please anyone correct me if I'm wrong I'm still very confused by the whole show and this is just my interpretation 😅
Apr 11, 2022 4:17 PM
Jul 2019
RascalX7 said:
WalterBlack59 said:
I always thought that she completely submitted her soul into the wired and became a godlike being without a body. She's basically existing everywhere where the wire has reach

Please anyone correct me if I'm wrong I'm still very confused by the whole show and this is just my interpretation 😅

she technically already had her soul in the wired since the very beginning lol, she’s just a computer program

Isn't that one of her personalities in the beginning? Like there is a wired programmed lain and a real life lain with a body. But in the end she just combines all lains and becomes God or something
Apr 11, 2022 6:01 PM
Feb 2022
Good question lol
Alchemist_SenpaiApr 11, 2022 6:06 PM
Apr 11, 2022 6:07 PM
Feb 2022
RascalX7 said:
WalterBlack59 said:

Isn't that one of her personalities in the beginning? Like there is a wired programmed lain and a real life lain with a body. But in the end she just combines all lains and becomes God or something
i just assumed she was always one, i don't know tbh, the animes pretty confusing

(SPOILER)

Here is how I understood it, I watched no videos or anything so let me know if I’m wrong. It’s also been a little while since I watched it.

So they explain how if you are not remembered, there is no proof of your existence. And you pretty much never existed. But she still can live in the real world.

As to how she changes from the wired and the real world, I think that it’s because of how her life in the real world was created using a copy of the Lain who was in the wired. So because of that, she still has some abilities that regular humans don’t have. That is how she was hacking the screens in the road and removing memories (If I understood correctly lmao)

But I don’t think that the actual boundary between both worlds was broken. If it was, everything that happened in the wired would affect the real world. Right?

Or am i just crazy lmaoo

So that’s my answer. If I understood your question correctly. And don’t take all that I said too seriously, I just explained it the way I understood it.
Apr 11, 2022 6:39 PM
Aug 2016
AlchemistSenpai said:
RascalX7 said:
i just assumed she was always one, i don't know tbh, the animes pretty confusing

(SPOILER)

Here is how I understood it, I watched no videos or anything so let me know if I’m wrong. It’s also been a little while since I watched it.

So they explain how if you are not remembered, there is no proof of your existence. And you pretty much never existed. But she still can live in the real world.

As to how she changes from the wired and the real world, I think that it’s because of how her life in the real world was created using a copy of the Lain who was in the wired. So because of that, she still has some abilities that regular humans don’t have. That is how she was hacking the screens in the road and removing memories (If I understood correctly lmao)

But I don’t think that the actual boundary between both worlds was broken. If it was, everything that happened in the wired would affect the real world. Right?

Or am i just crazy lmaoo

So that’s my answer. If I understood your question correctly. And don’t take all that I said too seriously, I just explained it the way I understood it.

That’s how I understood it as well
Apr 11, 2022 7:16 PM

Feb 2021
Lain was always a part of the Wired iirc. She didn't need to break any boundaries. The Lain in real world was probably just a projection of herself, I'm not sure. If I remember correctly, even her "parents" said something along the lines of 'Lain's not their daughter'. They were just given orders by the Wired to take care of Lain's physical form.
I guess the boundary sort of "breaks" when real world Lain realizes she's actually not real and her real self lives in the Wired.

It's been a while since I have watched the show so please correct me if I am wrong.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Serial Experiments Lain Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nini - Dec 30, 2008

376 by ryzxgum »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Serial Experiments Lain Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

StabbyPWNS - Oct 11, 2008

296 by sailorneptunelvr »»
Yesterday, 1:10 AM

» I'm got a question

mydaddy - Jun 5

24 by 0xJay »»
Jun 12, 10:56 AM

Poll: » Serial Experiments Lain Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

aero - Mar 16, 2009

175 by Ch0coPudding »»
Jun 9, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Serial Experiments Lain Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cureroyale - Jan 27, 2009

124 by Bunker-Nines »»
Jun 9, 1:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.