Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 3, 4:52 AM
Aug 2022
Iseri, Nina. The main characters of "Girls Band Cry".

For me, she's a bit annoying to be a person who wants to determine what she wants.. a selfish thing. but i can see myself on her, she is just like me. so I don't dislike nor hate her characteristics because when i see her i think i'm looking at the mirror. she's annoying just like me lol.

What you guys think?
May 3, 4:53 AM

Feb 2020
I really like the whole main trio.
May 3, 5:02 AM
Nov 2019
I think that’s the whole point of her character, and that gives space for character development.
May 3, 5:13 AM

Jun 2019
I appreciate how realistic Nina feels in this series comparatively to some characters who are self-conscious, shy, depressed, socially anxious, etc., but then radically change the crux of their entire personality and do a 180 degree turn within the span of a few minutes or one episode. I like that she can be self-loathing and get angry, lashing out at others from new friends and acquaintances to strangers verbally and sometimes even physically, and it's not portrayed in just a cute quirky, easy to "fix" and overly simplified manner. She better portrays the messiness, fluidity, and reality of actual people with similar traits than a more wooden or cardboard cutout archetype who can be extremely neatly defined and the general gist of whose statements and responses, as well as actions, can be predicted in every scene they're in in advance.

I don't even have to like her as a person (not saying that I do or I don't; I don't have strong feelings either way on that front). There's a lot of people I dislike. I like and appreciate her as a character because of that more raw realism than is the norm.
May 3, 5:28 AM
Aug 2022
I absolutely adore Nina, the other 2 are great as well, i particularly like Momokq out of them.

But Nina is easily my favourite she’s such a good character and has a beautiful voice
May 3, 5:44 AM
Dec 2021
I really like her singing but as you pointed out she can be a bit of annoying. Maybe it’s because of her upbringing?

May 3, 5:51 AM
Nov 2023
They good. They’re not boring ahhh characters.
May 3, 7:06 AM
Jan 2024
Nina just like me fr
I really like her, a lot whole lot. I literally have no idea how to describe her but her actions are just so realistic to me AND OKAY SHE JUST HITS ME ON A PERSONAL LEVEL SOMETIMES
May 3, 7:15 AM
Dec 2022
annoying, overreacting, extremely unstable. singes really good thanks to the singer.
lot of room for character growth, looking forward to it.
Yeshaiah2015yeshMay 3, 7:19 AM
May 3, 7:59 AM

Jul 2020
My avatar sums up my thoughts about the characters
May 3, 9:09 AM
Oct 2022
i love her and i love all the main cast so far, especially i really love Nina's voice. it's very beautiful and soothing to hear.
May 3, 9:50 AM
Jun 2021
I like them all but I especially like Nina. Bocchi tried a little too hard to be “literally me” but Nina strikes that perfect balance between being funny and dramatic.
May 3, 9:56 AM

Sep 2018
MC with actual anger issues > average plain good-hearted Mary Sue anime MC
May 3, 11:32 AM

Jan 2016
It's what makes her an interesting character
May 3, 11:34 AM
Dec 2022
I like her, Subaru, and Momoka. The way they act, fight and find a way to resolve their problems is fun, amusing yet sweet to watch. As for Nina? She fuckin' cracks me up. She's such a vibe. She can be annoying and acts like a bratty kid but that was how I was when I was at my rebellious phase so I pay it no mind.
May 3, 4:26 PM
May 2023
I agree I like the relatable aspect of their characters. sometimes gets old when characters are too perfect
May 4, 3:37 AM
Nov 2022
People actually like Nina? I’m surprised! I thought people would hate her. Anyway I like all of them, and I like the dynamic between them. It’s so interesting to see them sometimes agree but also sometimes fight, disagree, it feels like they are people. This anime and Jellyfish can’t Swim at Night are two good surprises for me this season.
May 4, 6:15 AM

Jun 2020
At least she isn't the typical socially-anxious character I found a lot to the point they feel same with each other. She perfectly portrays how girls in her age or just people similar to her expressing themselves, thinking and get confused about their own emotions. I wouldn't say I'll like her as a person irl, but I really love her as a fictional with actual dynamic and complex feelings. Simply, Iseri Nina is the balanced of deep and silly-fun character. Well-written, I could say.
May 4, 12:35 PM
Feb 2018
I like they are very rock music. Too bad their music is so generic anime music.
May 5, 4:39 AM
Apr 2022
i just feel sympathy for nina, she frequently gets angsty and angry, pretty sure she got some problems
May 5, 5:10 AM
May 2018
she's very human, its a good character
May 6, 12:05 AM

Oct 2012
She's got brain problems, very real. Definitely don't like her as a person (yet), but she's a great character with a lot of room to grow.
May 7, 3:13 PM
Dec 2017
Iseri Nina has obvious ADHD (Attention Deficit - Hyperactivity Disorder), maybe even AUHD (same with a shade of Asperger / Autism added to the mix). In any developed country which cares about mental health, she'd be undergoing psychiatric counselling and likely be prescribed neurology pharma. In Japan mental health is still taboo to a degree though, while in the USA money issues (privatized medicine) block many people from getting help.

On the other hand, rock music isn't the typical territory of happy, docile people. The genre attracts the angry, the rebels without a cause, those who have a grudge on life. That's what makes GBC somewhat realistic, as Momoka and Nina don't stop being rockers after concert / rehearsal, it can be felt that rock music is their life. Subaru is more like comedic relief right now, but her demeanor reminds me of Kemono Friends, so no complaints. Looks like the petite synth girl will be an angry one, too - while tall bassist brings a motherly figure to the band?
May 8, 6:19 AM
Apr 2024
i really want to like this anime but i cant

this anime feels like it's way too heavy on the emotional manipulation

it's the same way i feel about lookism which is one of the top selling manhwa in korea. i guess these things are only getting exposure through anime/manga/webnovels as their government hasn't done anything to stop acts like this.
May 8, 1:00 PM
Aug 2015
amazing. one of the best to do it. next question.
May 11, 6:09 PM

Mar 2018
I think they're all believably human; with their arguments, there is no inherent "right" side. People always have their own reasons for their actions, making them seem more down-to-earth. Plus, their personalities are fun.
May 19, 3:39 PM

Feb 2008
Nina is very relatable is what I will say. She is frustrated with life, and frustrated with herself. She doesn't know what she wants in particular, but knows she wasn't happy with the way things had been. I can also imagine her parents likely didn't understand either and maybe that even lead to them lashing out at her due to not meeting expectations and skipping out on school. Nina doesn't seem to like the idea of having family meetings or being forced to sit at the table for meals, and I imagine that would likely be because it makes her feel she is constantly being pressured, watched, and prodded/interrogated.

On the surface, when you hear about her family it doesn't seem that bad. But depending on a person's personality or mental state... that sort of thing can become mentally draining and stifling. Which in turn can cause things just to get progressively worse instead of better.

Besides all that, I think she is a pretty fun character. I think given enough time she will grow and find her own way, which what she needs.
I am become bunny, fluffing of worlds.
May 19, 5:16 PM
Aug 2021
I like her and dislike her. I dislike her because she acts like an annoying teenager, but I like her for the fact that she is an annoying teenager. She acts her age and isn't written to be an adult that just happens to be 17. In general she's also funny and l love the dynamic between the characters.
May 22, 11:19 AM
May 2023
I like that none of them are perfect or even really good people in general, its refreshing.
May 24, 5:33 PM
Jan 2018
I find them interesting, they are kind of one note a lot of the time, but Nina for example is a little different than the typical like shy character with no confidence that these kind of shows typically feature as a main character, I think she's written intentionally as kind of grating/quarrelsome.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jun 7

54 by TohruBestDragon »»
Yesterday, 12:10 AM

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - May 24

100 by MugetsuJay »»
Jun 12, 9:47 AM

» Ia it true

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Jun 11

16 by Fail_Man_X »»
Jun 12, 8:09 AM

» More music like this?

Tonnar - Jun 1

8 by Mang_David »»
Jun 12, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 19

58 by Seansy »»
Jun 11, 10:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.