Forums
New
Apr 30, 6:08 PM
Apr 2024
Please mention who if selected “Other”.
Moonshine_cookieApr 30, 6:21 PM
Apr 30, 6:42 PM

Nov 2019
My vote is for Denken because he has a political background, is nobility, resourceful, and strategic, can make the best decisions, is goal-driven, and is willing to engage in a fist fight to accomplish his objectives. To be honest, I like him as my mentor. 
Apr 30, 7:10 PM
Apr 2024
@Kushna I am team Denken too!🙌 He’s a really good strategist, there’s so much you can learn from him and you’ll get free cake. 😋
Moonshine_cookieApr 30, 7:18 PM
Apr 30, 7:16 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Denken definitely, because he definitely would feed me donut everyday, not to mention he seems to be more fitting as teacher in their current era.

But if I wish to be the best demon slayer then I'd go for Frieren

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Apr 30, 7:19 PM
Jul 2022
I said Frieren because I think it would be funny and also she has so many useful everyday spells.
Apr 30, 7:24 PM
Apr 2024
@WestOnAndrewAve You would also have to be a full time parent haha
Apr 30, 7:31 PM
Jan 2021
Flamme and it's not even close.... well actually maybe frieren is a bit close
Apr 30, 7:35 PM

Aug 2018
I honestly would choose the old guy Denken.

I think I'd lose my mind with Frieren. I don't know how Fern does it.
Apr 30, 8:46 PM
Apr 2019
Moonshine_cookie said:
@WestOnAndrewAve You would also have to be a full time parent haha

Getting taught magic and getting to look after an extremely cute elf girl?
Apr 30, 9:00 PM

Jan 2024
Flamme knows the future. Not even Serie can compete with that. Nuff said.
Apr 30, 9:07 PM
Jan 2021
Sense is a pacifist and also just seems chill so I'd like the learn from her the most.

I feel like most of the others I would get fed up with or they would get fed up with me. Methode might be chill too, but mostly because I just don't think she'd care about me which could be nice as I could just observe to learn, but also trash cuz I'm not a cute girl so she has no reason to keep me around
Apr 30, 9:32 PM
Nov 2017
Sense, pacifist that give a chance to anyone that not have the pure talent.
Shes lovely and cute, wont let me get killed, let me do things on my own while give every option available.

Her downside most likely how hard her final graduation test will be.
Apr 30, 9:59 PM
Jun 2022
Well, not Serie or Lernen, that's for sure.
Probably not Denken and Sense.
I love the idea to be an apprentice of Frieren or Flamme.
But I gotta choose Methode.
Apr 30, 11:39 PM
Mar 2022
i would choose serie first. learn a ton of spells from her. and then go journey with frieren for like 3 years and then going solo town to town to check the beautiful world.
and then. when i meet denken in his city, i would definitely be his best friend
Apr 30, 11:55 PM
Jan 2023
either frieren or the other elf girl if im not like her regular apprentices like the one that attacked frieren and I'm actually with her learning
Apr 30, 11:58 PM

Jan 2009
flamme for sure for that milf goodness
May 1, 12:19 AM
Dec 2023
where's ubel option?
May 1, 12:32 AM

Sep 2016
Übel, I want her to (tor)mentor me.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 1, 12:36 AM
Dec 2021
Depends on wether I'm human or for example an elf. If I'm human than I'd choose Flamme because she was Frierens mentor and Frieren turned out badass or Denken because I like old and wise characters. If I'm an elf myself then I'd choose Frieren because she seems nicer than Serie and because I want my mentor to stick around with me for a long time and not see them grow old and die.

May 1, 12:42 AM
Feb 2024
Denken seems to be the most pragmatic of the options listed, and would be an absolutely awesome substitute dad. Plus he seems to have semi-adopted Laufen, so having a hot, loyal step-sis is never a bad thing.
May 1, 12:52 AM

Feb 2020
Moonshine_cookie said:
Please mention who if selected “Other”.

None, they are all shallow one dimensional without any depth.

May 1, 1:08 AM

Mar 2021
Denken because

He is also more sentimental and empathetic than elves. Perfect for a teacher.
meyveMay 1, 1:12 AM

May 1, 1:14 AM
Mar 2021
What about Fern? She now a first class mage and Frieren rates her very highly!
May 1, 1:25 AM

Apr 2021
Frieren obviously … none compare
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

May 1, 1:29 AM

Jun 2020
Hard choices. I can see they're all have their own flaws that wouldn't fit me, but the most proper answer maybe Denken, and my second choice is either Frieren or Flamme.
Nah, I would never choose Fern as my mentor. She is reliable but way too moody and grumpy, I can see we will fight everyday. Well, if I could handle that properly maybe I will consider her too.
May 1, 7:22 AM
Nov 2018
I like Land. His ability to control and manipulate mana has to be top-notch. Plus, it requires a certain amount of concentration to maintain his clone from being discovered and alive even though it was a fake among them. I think he would be a great teacher. I'm surprised people overlook him as much.
MoppitMay 1, 8:34 AM
May 1, 7:40 AM

May 2021
I want to say Frieren, but i feel like between getting distracted by food and grimoires and sleeping way past noon we'd get no actual training done 🤣

Sometimes being too similar ain't an advantage...
What debating with DigiCat is like according to APolygons2
That's why I thought a discussion would be pointless. It doesn't feel like a debate. It feels like I'm playing chess and somehow lose to an uno reverse card after loosing all my monopoly money lol
May 1, 8:41 AM
Feb 2021
Zarutaku said:
Übel, I want her to (tor)mentor me.

I see what u did there
May 1, 12:21 PM

Apr 2017
bro excluded Ubel on purpouse
May 2, 12:51 AM
Jul 2023
Serie for me. She's straight to the point which I like
May 2, 9:03 AM
Aug 2021
Serie, because she will never forget me :)
May 2, 9:20 AM

Nov 2020
Denken because I wouldn't want to take care of Frieren xD
May 2, 3:09 PM
Sep 2015
flamme
motherly, strong, kind, and a great teacher

denken as runner up bc he can be my jii-chan and mentor simul
May 3, 2:25 AM

Nov 2013
If you REALLY want to learn magic than Serie is literally the most experienced and capable mentor out there. Though you have to be talented first :D
I think Flamme would be most accepting out of them all.
Denken's too old and I don't think he'd be eager to take apprentices when he was younger.
Frieren would be too lazy to care.
Lernen - maybe he'd care.
May 3, 6:09 AM
Mar 2023
I would choose Fern cause she will treat me like a literal 🐥
May 3, 8:33 AM

Nov 2020
Frieren - a good, understanding, patient teacher, but the price for it is being a full-time babysitter xD For me it's not a good idea because I'm lazy. Serie - she is the most experienced teacher, but too demanding, and also not very sensitive, she will pretend that I don't care xD Denken - a very good teacher, it can be seen from his relationship with Richter, Denken will teach you magic and will be like a father or grandfather to you who will buy you sweets, perfect for me. Flamme - again, a very good teacher and a "mommy" too. XDD the only thing she's worse than Denken is that she doesn't spoil her students that much. Methode - After that scene where she holds the bird, I'm afraid of her, she's definitely intelligent but I'd be afraid that her methods would be too brutal xD Sense - I don't know if I could trust her, she says she's a pacifist but her actions don't confirm it, I'd be afraid that he's making me take some ridiculously difficult test and I'm going to die in agony xD
May 4, 5:16 PM
Dec 2022
Übel please….
May 17, 4:26 AM

Apr 2013
Definitely not Serie, Lernen or Sense. I think I would be fine with the others, but my first choice would be Denken. He seems to be a good teacher, nice guy and versatile mage.

More topics from this board

» When will S2 happen ;__;

FrierenSimpKing - May 29

35 by Scyon »»
Yesterday, 12:10 PM

» Is Himmel a Manic Pixie Dream Boy?

Moonshine_cookie - Jun 1

15 by Mdraj6996 »»
Yesterday, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2023

333 by haminshamin »»
Jun 1, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 2

273 by Arxanum »»
Jun 1, 2:31 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2023

232 by Vindicater »»
May 31, 11:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.