Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 17, 10:56 AM
Mar 2020
So there's been a lot of talk about English subs for this and a few other anime. Apparently they are not so good and can ruin the experience as many people point out. I actually enjoyed this show so far, but i'm not sure about the subs, so for all the fellow watchers, should i wait for some official subs to come out, or some good fansub?
Apr 17, 11:08 AM
Feb 2021
English is not my first language but I'm still watch it in English sub.i think it normal and still deliver.This anime is better than I expected and I recommend you watch it.The op and Ed to me is top tier,is have one of the best soundtrack that I have ever heard.i don't know Japanese but the sub still relevant with the sence and nothing seem very off.you could still wait for the official sub but after the first ep i just couldnt wait.it just so good,this is my anime of the season.
Apr 17, 11:11 AM

Feb 2021
But people told me fansubs are better than official subs

Guess that wasn't true...
Apr 17, 11:13 AM

Jan 2013
Where would there be "official" subs unless it's closed captioning on an official BD release or something.

All the subs on pirated sites are just the subs that come from various streaming platforms.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 17, 12:02 PM
Negator

Mar 2022
MadanielFL said:

The translation at the end of episode 1 during an emotional moment saying “it’s joever” instead of “it’s over” was one of the worst translations I’ve seen. Whoever made those subs trying to be meme-y took me out of the moment immediately
Apr 17, 12:05 PM

Feb 2021
MusashiKarlsefni said:
The translation at the end of episode 1 during an emotional moment saying “it’s joever” instead of “it’s over” was one of the worst translations I’ve seen. Whoever made those subs trying to be meme-y took me out of the moment immediately
But people told me that streaming services have horrible translations which are full of "politics" on it....

Which is funny considering most pirate sites rather steal the official subs, than use fansubs which can be very unprofessional...
Apr 17, 6:35 PM
May 2023
MusashiKarlsefni said:
MadanielFL said:

That was MTL from French with that dumb meme added. The SobsPlease episode 1 release is not MTL, really good, and free of crap like that.

I just watched the NotSobsPlease episode 2 release, and while not as good, it was totally watchable and meme-free.
maxine69420Apr 17, 6:42 PM
Apr 18, 5:02 AM
Dec 2023
while i found the joever sub to actually be funny, a lot of times i didn't understand what the subs were trying to say, and i feel like that ruins the experience for me since i end up confused as to what the hell is going on
Apr 18, 11:46 AM
Apr 2020
Reply to MusashiKarlsefni
MadanielFL said:

@MusashiKarlsefni

Yeah, there's a reason for that...
Apr 19, 10:04 PM
Apr 2011
Probably worth waiting, yeah. The early sub releases are machine translated, presumably just by running the french subs through a translator, so they're a little rough around the edges.

More topics from this board

» More music like this?

Tonnar - 47 minutes ago

1 by FutoiOtaku »»
18 minutes ago

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 9 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Yesterday

32 by NirvashX1 »»
36 minutes ago

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - May 24

94 by leirbaggsup »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Vote here if you want them all move to the same apartment and living together!

mufarari - May 15

7 by mufarari »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » What's Your Most Favourite Togenashi Togeari Song?

InfinityPotato - Mar 31

14 by Horizon248 »»
Yesterday, 5:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.