Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 7, 2023 4:06 PM

Dec 2009
In case anyone wants to share or dicuss any new media of Serial Experiments Lain, here's a thread for it.

Source Reference:
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=166
Sep 7, 2023 4:20 PM

Dec 2009
I recently completed SEL myself this year, and even though I don't adore it, I respect it for the intriguing unique experience it was.
It's definitely revolutionary on its own right. I personally don't know any other meta or ai/simulation anime that exists like it.

Over the years, there's been a few adaptations and games already,
but it's impressive how with today's technology, it is now implementing itself into our world like the anime.
As if Lain was real and now truly exists in reality with these two latest announcements of SEL's 25th Anniversary.

From an upcoming alternate reality game, and now Lain as an AI which you can speak to yourself for a moment.
https://en.serialexperimentslain.io/

News:
- Lain's Alternate Reality Game
- AI Lain
Sep 7, 2023 4:27 PM

Aug 2020
the PSX game is very good peace
Sep 7, 2023 8:17 PM
Jul 2023
Let’s hope for the despera anime and future lain content I really hope to see a spin off series of lain
Sep 18, 2023 2:36 AM

Dec 2009
I tried it and it's unfortunately mediocre and very limited to comprehension or answering questions.
The idea remains great though. Maybe over time or the paid version is better.

Or maybe it's better in Japanese and restricted in English... who knows.
No matter. I never planned on purchasing it, but the fact alone that it exists and could become great or if someone else could create a better AI Lain is cool.

... As for Despera. I just looked into it off wiki, and it seems to be from the same "universe", but with a different protagonist and story.
I only looked at the explanation of that character as to not spoil myself more, since it's an adaptation of a novel,
but I'm deducing that Ain is another AI in another simulation.

A different "Lain". In a different "world".
Surprising though is how the "Father", if we're to assume is the same to Lain's "Father" who's an Employee in supervising Lain in the simulation of SEL is a robot of Ain in her simulation.

Fascinating.
I'm also curious to see what Despera will be like.
waalex11Sep 18, 2023 2:50 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Serial Experiments Lain Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nini - Dec 30, 2008

376 by ryzxgum »»
15 minutes ago

Poll: » Serial Experiments Lain Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

StabbyPWNS - Oct 11, 2008

296 by sailorneptunelvr »»
Yesterday, 1:10 AM

» I'm got a question

mydaddy - Jun 5

24 by 0xJay »»
Jun 12, 10:56 AM

Poll: » Serial Experiments Lain Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

aero - Mar 16, 2009

175 by Ch0coPudding »»
Jun 9, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Serial Experiments Lain Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cureroyale - Jan 27, 2009

124 by Bunker-Nines »»
Jun 9, 1:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.