Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 6, 2022 4:26 PM

Apr 2022
Lain had a discussion with her dad and I really don't understand what was the meaning of this scene. Can someone explain?
“I won’t rely on anyone anymore. I don’t care if no one understands.” – Homura Akemi
Aug 6, 2022 5:05 PM

Oct 2017
He is just telling that she is not her daugther and that she its not real but thats okey
Aug 6, 2022 8:05 PM
Feb 2022
I saw this forever ago but it was probably simply to say that Lain’s father was not actually her father and he was being forced to take care of her.

I believe that the father was also saying that despite that, he did not dislike Lain. (But I don’t think he actually liked her either)

** keep in mind that I binged this anime quite some time ago, I’m merely saying what I vaguely remember what was happening and it may not be entirely correct **

I’m only answering because it seems like nobody else is. Let me know if you found a different answer.
Alchemist_SenpaiAug 6, 2022 8:11 PM
Aug 7, 2022 12:18 AM

Sep 2021
Alchemist_Senpai said:
I saw this forever ago but it was probably simply to say that Lain’s father was not actually her father and he was being forced to take care of her.

I believe that the father was also saying that despite that, he did not dislike Lain. (But I don’t think he actually liked her either)

** keep in mind that I binged this anime quite some time ago, I’m merely saying what I vaguely remember what was happening and it may not be entirely correct **

I’m only answering because it seems like nobody else is. Let me know if you found a different answer.

i binged it too, and i dont remember shit except what became of lain at the end.
Aug 7, 2022 12:11 PM
Mar 2022
it was just him revealing the secrets of the “family” she belonged to which was fake
Aug 7, 2022 2:49 PM

Apr 2022
Alchemist_Senpai said:

Thank you! It's a little bit clearer for me now.
“I won’t rely on anyone anymore. I don’t care if no one understands.” – Homura Akemi
Aug 11, 2022 8:24 AM
Jun 2021
The only thing I can remember is I binge watched it....and Nothing else!!!🤔
Jul 22, 2023 3:44 AM

Dec 2009
In the finale, he basically confirms to her that she loves everyone (even though she's a AI in a simulation who can manipulate it at freewill)
"You love them? Isn't that right?" to which she cries, before she could express what she felt about everyone. 

Then he promises to make nice tea next time. 
Regardless of being a fake family, while in reality he' was an Employee tasked to supervise Lain in the simulation, and she's a Sentient AI with control to the simulation.

... On Episode 10, in the moment he reveals himself to her and says his goodbye of which he wasn't permitted to, he tells her that even though he didn't enjoy playing house, he loved her, even if he may have envied a being like her. 

More topics from this board

Poll: » Serial Experiments Lain Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nini - Dec 30, 2008

376 by ryzxgum »»
Today, 6:35 AM

Poll: » Serial Experiments Lain Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

StabbyPWNS - Oct 11, 2008

296 by sailorneptunelvr »»
Yesterday, 1:10 AM

» I'm got a question

mydaddy - Jun 5

24 by 0xJay »»
Jun 12, 10:56 AM

Poll: » Serial Experiments Lain Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

aero - Mar 16, 2009

175 by Ch0coPudding »»
Jun 9, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Serial Experiments Lain Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cureroyale - Jan 27, 2009

124 by Bunker-Nines »»
Jun 9, 1:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.