Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 26, 2011 5:29 AM

Apr 2010
Well it's been confirmed that Kanzaki Aria will be voiced by none other than Kugimiya Rie...

Don't get me wrong I'm a fan of Kugimiya Rie but I wanted Aria to be NOT voiced by Rie this time... My opinion, Aria seems to be more serious, "cooler" and seems different than Rie's other (tsundere) characters and I think Rie's voice wouldn't give that impression... instead won't it just be same old, deja vu, clone stuff? (<- though I guess some people like that...)

For me I wanted Aria to be differentiated from Rie's Tsundere thus wanting another seiyuu to voice Aria.

This being said though; we can be rest assured that Aria's tsundere side will be perfect and voice acting will be top notch (instead of some new person trying/failing at being tsundere)

Note that this is MY OPINION so don't take offense or anything; I'm not trying to start a war.

StereotypicalJan 26, 2011 6:27 PM
Jan 28, 2011 11:15 PM

Aug 2009
I'm sick of Kugimiya Rie loli tsundere roles.
Jan 28, 2011 11:25 PM

Apr 2008
Kugyu is capable of using voices other than her lolitsundere voice. Mizore in R+V and Daichi in LvB are two examples of her using a lower voice than what most fans are used to. As a fan of Rie, I've been hoping that she'd be able to voice roles other than her usual typecast. Hopefully this'll be a good chance for her.

Jan 29, 2011 4:31 PM

Apr 2010
I'm fine with Kugi
Jan 29, 2011 6:46 PM

Apr 2010
SoFarGone said:
Now that I think about it I may be too... Considering I've watched ALL of her tsundere roles it might make sense... Especially after watching the third season of Zero no Tsukaima her role as Louise got tediously stupid...

MisterSaito said:
Kugyu is capable of using voices other than her lolitsundere voice...As a fan of Rie, I've been hoping that she'd be able to voice roles other than her usual typecast. Hopefully this'll be a good chance for her.
Agreed

StereotypicalJan 29, 2011 6:49 PM
Feb 5, 2011 2:09 PM

Aug 2009
JC Staff + Generic tsundere novel adaption + Kugimiya Rie voicing the main tsundere = Guaranteed success in Japan.

Those mindless Japanese will eat this shit up, as usual.
Feb 5, 2011 9:39 PM

Mar 2008
Pigeonholed seiyuu role much? It's like a no-brainer decision.
Feb 6, 2011 2:46 AM
May 2009
This probably will fail because of Kugimiya... I mean she's good as Nagi from Hayate, Shana etc., but this "Aria" won't ever be someone on her own, only some shadow of Kugimiyas other similar roles.
It might be somewhat enjoyable... but honestly, same maincast like in Toradora... that's only a good idea if you KNOW the show would suck if you actually make your own "unique" cast. And if you know that, you shouldn't animate it.
There are quite nice voices around for tsundere and loli tsundere, so yeah. I'm really disappointed. But it's not just Kugimiya, it's also Majima. Only one of them would be acceptable, but those two together as the two leads, come on.
Feb 9, 2011 10:20 AM

Aug 2010
And not only Rie, but Junji as well...the Toradora pair is back online :D
I'm looking forward to it.
koleareFeb 9, 2011 10:23 AM
Feb 9, 2011 1:26 PM

Jan 2009
well..it's JC Staff fav. seiyu we're talking about...of course it will be her..

Feb 9, 2011 1:45 PM

Nov 2008
I don't mind especially because she voices Rose so perfectly in Dragon Crisis.

Feb 9, 2011 5:59 PM

Apr 2010
I called this the moment I saw the first chapter of the manga. Life is good. :D
Feb 10, 2011 12:35 AM

Apr 2010
Hoppy said:
Lol, it was her role as Rose that made me cringe and start this thread. When I heard Rose near the start I was kind of like "I can't take this; I'm starting to get sick of Rie I hope she doesn't voice Aria." but now (further on in Dragon Crisis!) I don't mind Rie I guess I just didn't like it when Rose couldn't talk.

Feb 10, 2011 1:37 AM

Aug 2009
Stereotypical said:
Hoppy said:
Lol, it was her role as Rose that made me cringe and start this thread. When I heard Rose near the start I was kind of like "I can't take this; I'm starting to get sick of Rie I hope she doesn't voice Aria." but now (further on in Dragon Crisis!) I don't mind Rie I guess I just didn't like it when Rose couldn't talk.

I feel the same way! I put Dragon Crisis on hold mainly because of Rose.
Feb 11, 2011 8:00 PM

Apr 2010
SoFarGone said:
Stereotypical said:
I feel the same way! I put Dragon Crisis on hold mainly because of Rose.
Hahaha, lol yes. Rose acting like a child and repeating Ryuuji over and over put me off; you'll be glad to know that Rose's personality improves further on.

Anyway... Back To The Topic!

Feb 12, 2011 12:32 AM

May 2010
fuck yeah for Rie, shes my fav and done many great chars. Shana is the best, tsundere lolis ftw
Feb 13, 2011 1:03 AM
Nov 2009
Rie guides us to victory.
Feb 13, 2011 10:50 AM

Oct 2008
LOL i think every1 saw this coming.

Feb 13, 2011 11:11 PM
Nov 2009
I just glanced through the manga (what's translated at least).

How the heck could Rie NOT get this role? It's pretty much made for her. If you don't like Rie then too bad, cause obviously manga creators do. :P
Feb 14, 2011 12:18 AM

Aug 2009
Naelok said:
How the heck could Rie NOT get this role? It's pretty much made for her. If you don't like Rie then too bad, cause obviously JC Staff do. :P

fixed
Feb 15, 2011 8:15 AM

Nov 2009
Is good news, why?

That's da 2nd times Kugy and Majima Junji (Kinji) work together. (Remember Taiga and Ryuuji?)
Feb 17, 2011 8:24 AM

Aug 2010
Kugimiya Rie + Tsundere loli + Junji Majima = instant win toradora pairing comeback!

gogo Kugimiya!
Feb 18, 2011 8:03 PM

Oct 2007
This shit is gonna be awesome, and yeah I'm pretty sure 90% of the people saw this coming.
Feb 26, 2011 3:39 AM
Jun 2010
lol i personally love all of kagumi's loli tsunderes. Lol i watched all of them except for hayate no gotoku cus it wasnt really a romance but im planning on finishing it one day :)

But i loved zero no tsukaima, waiting for shakugan no shana season 3, looking forward to this, hoping badly its a romance but probably wont be. lol.
Feb 26, 2011 3:41 AM
Jun 2010
Hoppy said:

yes im starting this soley because its voiced by kagumi lol. Im guessing she is also a tsundere lol :P
Mar 1, 2011 10:22 PM

Oct 2009
Stereotypical said:
Hoppy said:
Wah, those were my thoughts for Dragon Crisis too! And as much as I love Kugi, I wouldn't mind Satou Rina either~ (seiyuu for Railgun)
Hopefully, Kugi does a different voice from her typical tsundere one. Chances are slim though <.<
Mar 8, 2011 12:45 AM

Sep 2008
Hmm... From the bits I read of the manga, her character didn't really seem like a Rie type. Not sure her voice will suit Aria.

This being said, although she does have that standard voice she keeps using because people keep paying for it, she's a legitimately talented VA and has shown herself to be capable of adapting to various roles outside of her Shana voice. I'm gonna assume this'll turn out fine until I'm shown otherwise.
Mar 10, 2011 2:28 AM

Apr 2010
Gangler said:
Hmm... From the bits I read of the manga, her character didn't really seem like a Rie type. Not sure her voice will suit Aria.
Exactly...!

*sigh* this is getting ridiculous; another loli role for Rie [LINK] and by the looks of things... she's tsundere. Oh well... as long as the producers get money right? Kugimiya is gonna be busy...

StereotypicalMar 19, 2011 11:13 PM
Mar 19, 2011 8:35 AM
Jun 2010
Stereotypical said:
Gangler said:
Exactly...!

*sigh* this is getting ridiculous; another loli role for Rie Link and by the looks of things... she's tsundere. Oh well... as long as the producers get money right? Kugimiya is gonna be busy...

lol couldnt care less

i just want another loli tsundere anime with rie, XD.
Mar 25, 2011 8:37 AM

Jun 2010
I guess its not bad =/

Rie is good but I also want to hear other good seiyuu's out there
-= Space for Rent =-
Mar 28, 2011 1:34 PM

Sep 2009
SoFarGone said:

well said. I don't dislike her but I dislike her roles because many of them (NOT all) seem like clones of clones of clones from whichever tsundere started it (my guess it was shana but please correct me if I'm wrong).
Mar 31, 2011 11:31 AM

Jan 2009
I could do without more Unlimited Tsundere Works from KugiRie, actually.
It was totally expected, but still.
Only going to watch this for the OP anyway, so why do I care?
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 1, 2011 7:29 AM

Nov 2009
By the way, Hatsune Miku need to dye her hair red this april, COMPLETELY...
Apr 2, 2011 10:00 AM

Nov 2010
I haven't read the manga, but I hope we could get pretty different kugyu than usual, which must be refreshing :p
Apr 2, 2011 1:11 PM

Aug 2010
I like her voice and I don't have any problems to hear her in this particular role, but it would certainly be refreshing to have someone else take a shot at it. Or Kugimiya voice a different kind of character, she is good, she should be used in other roles as well.
Apr 15, 2011 8:54 PM

Apr 2010
Well... watched the first episode and well... You can tell this is gonna end up being a clone.

Am I the only one who thinks that the whole voice cast doesn't suit any of the characters? To me it feels like they're forcing us to like the voices because they're famous when it should be because the voices suit and feel natural for the characters... Yeah I know I'm whinge a lot.

Apr 15, 2011 9:07 PM
Jan 2011
I think they fit well. If it weren't for the fact Rei is known for her JC Staff Tsundere rolls, Shana,Nagi,Taiga. Then no one would complain. The main guy is a bit mopey and has the same feel as ayumu from zombie desuka?

Ur probably bothered by the comments about hating her.
Wanna read the"To aru majutsu no index" Light novels in English? Go here.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=To_Aru_Majutsu_no_Index

Apr 16, 2011 1:57 AM

Nov 2009
I dont mind, it just would have been nice if someone else had a chance at voicing this role and maybe Rie could have voiced one of the other characters.
Apr 17, 2011 8:19 PM

May 2009
at first: I LOVE RIEE >u<
During time: rie sounds so nice
Now: omfg her voice is EVERYWHERE. im so sick of it =~=

i mean it feels like im listening to the same person over and over and over again cuz her voice sounds the same

like now when ever the character voiced by rie goes like "bakabakabakabakabakabaka" i go like =A= omfg i already listened to this 1000 times and drop the anime
mukuro-sama♥ hibari-sama♥fon-sama♥
My top wanted things:
1. Yato umbrellas!!
2. Mukuro's left eye
3. LEON!!! (KHR)
Apr 28, 2011 8:11 PM
Dec 2007
SuperKyou said:
I dont mind, it just would have been nice if someone else had a chance at voicing this role and maybe Rie could have voiced one of the other characters.
Actually, it seemed to me that the staff might have also influenced here. Rie is perfectly capable of doing other voices. Perhaps they just wanted her to do that voice.

Apr 29, 2011 3:00 AM

May 2009
She needs to seriously do more roles. Good roles. The last role I can remember where she wasn't yelling at a pathetic male lead in that horribly annoying tsundere voice she does so well was like years ago. Actually I had to look up to see if she had done anything else besides cookie cutter tsunderes. I found out she did Mimi in Mnemosyne. She needs to do more roles like that cause I loved Mimi. And her voice didn't kill my ear drums.
Apr 30, 2011 10:56 AM

Mar 2008
I love Kugimiya Rie, definitely in my top 3 favorite seiyuu so don't get me wrong when I say I don't mind her being the lead, but I am inclined after just watching episode 3 that Aria doesn't quite fit her past roles. Even though Louise/Nagi and Aria seem to have the same you're my dog slave get on your knees and bark mentality.

I would have liked another seiyuu to see the Aria role but I don't think this is a bad choice either. I think Ayana Taketatsu would have been a good pick, she does a very good loli tsundere and can also play the serious character - see dog days.
Apr 30, 2011 11:39 AM

Nov 2010
Aria isn't actually that incredibly bad creation of Kugimiya Rie, even comes good in comparision to Shana or Taiga. Heck, I'm getting all tense anytimes she uses "urusai", traumatized from her role of worst female lead ever, mentioned already above - Shana.
Apr 30, 2011 11:51 AM

Sep 2008
Honestly, if I were gonna be picky I think I'd go with a voice like Ran Fan from fullmetal for Fate Testerosa from Nanoha. Something along those lines. They both seem like they could handle the aggression, anger, etc while still maintaining the softness of the character in a manner that both come across as more believable and allow the character to be treated a little more seriously.

As much as I love Rie, and as much as her voice suits Aria, I feel like in this instance her voice puts too much emphasis on the wrong parts of her character. It's not like I don't think this works, I just think there were probably better options if I'm looking to nitpick.

All and all, I think Rie's doing just fine. There's always someone who could do it better, or bring something else to the table, but Rie's getting the job done so I'm hardly gonna complain. Adequate is how I'd classify Rie's performance.
Apr 30, 2011 11:29 PM

Jun 2009
I actually think that Rie's voice is perfect fit for Aria.

It's just that her voice is so overused by J.C. and Staff loli anime even me who happens to find it cute before is getting sick of it at times.
May 19, 2011 1:07 PM
Jun 2010
i still like loli tsunderes, kinda, depends :P

More topics from this board

» I wish there was more

LostInLove - Oct 26, 2023

8 by Kiikani »»
Apr 20, 10:07 AM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Hoppy - Apr 21, 2011

196 by Karva1 »»
Apr 15, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - May 12, 2011

225 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:57 AM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - May 5, 2011

232 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:31 AM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kittyman - Apr 28, 2011

174 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.