Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 6, 9:21 AM
May 2021
Same as title will we ever get Remake of Tokyo ghoul? Is there any hope
Mar 6, 9:33 AM

Mar 2021
Tokyo Ghoul was a decent adaptation (I'm not someone who read the Manga, but enjoyed the anime)
I wont really mind a remake, but I dont think its necessary.
Mar 6, 9:33 AM
Aug 2022
SlimeLordOfRats said:

If I’m being honest I bloody hope so, the anime is complete trash, the only good thing which came from the anime was the music.

Tbh season 1 was a pretty mediocre adaptation as well.

But honestly I do expect them to do a remake, especially considering anime’s like Rouroni kenshin and Spice and wolf have gotten remakes.

But I doubt a remake would happen anytime soon
Mar 6, 9:34 AM
Sep 2022
it is possible if Netflix is involved but currently it is busy on the One Piece remake
Mar 6, 9:35 AM
Aug 2022
V1P3R0P said:
Tokyo Ghoul was a decent adaptation (I'm not someone who read the Manga, but enjoyed the anime)

As someone who has read the manga let me tell you it was a disgusting adaptation, the only passable season was the first. But even that was fairly mediocre. Season 2 was just a different show and season 3 skipped way too much content for it to even make sense

But if you only watch the anime you can still appreciate it to an extent
Mar 6, 9:36 AM
Sep 2022
V1P3R0P said:

bruh u should read the manga and you will come to know how a masterpiece is made into thrash, I also watched the anime but I didn't understand the story like anything was happening but after I read the manga I felt blessed, the S1 was almost perfect but the rest 3 are just a summary of the manga
Mar 6, 9:52 AM
Mar 2021
LuFFY-Itachi said:
V1P3R0P said:

bruh u should read the manga and you will come to know how a masterpiece is made into thrash, I also watched the anime but I didn't understand the story like anything was happening but after I read the manga I felt blessed, the S1 was almost perfect but the rest 3 are just a summary of the manga

This is so damn true the adaptation sucked so bad I wouldn’t even count s1 as a mediocre season it was just alright it could’ve been so much better if the staff behind the project were passionate about making the anime a success.
Mar 6, 10:09 AM
Dec 2022
as a only anime watcher, i can say without any doubt that season 1 was a absolutely amazing one of the best showes i ever watched. yah and other season are not worth mentioning. i have a habit of checking out the manga of a anime that i watched, and holy shit the manga is fucken fire it's a master piece, the art, all that unsensored and brutal panels, it's piece of art. still season 1 wasn't was not at manga level i mean not even close, but still it's a piece of work, no matter what you say, season 1 is absolutely deserving of a """""""W""""""" . any one who watches this anime for the first time will have the same opinion

as for the question no i don't think so, maby after 10 years it would be a valid question
Yeshaiah2015yeshMar 6, 10:14 AM
Mar 6, 10:29 AM

Nov 2021
I'd like a remake of the last two seasons particularly if not the whole.

Those were trash.Had a weird start and pacing was shit.
Mar 6, 11:25 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to Uruichi
LuFFY-Itachi said:
V1P3R0P said:

This is so damn true the adaptation sucked so bad I wouldn’t even count s1 as a mediocre season it was just alright it could’ve been so much better if the staff behind the project were passionate about making the anime a success.
@Uruichi The problem with the anime was not at all lack of passion from the staff making it, it was upper decisions from the committee that fucked things over. Shuhei Morita mentioned in a reddit AMA how he had multiple different ideas for Root A that were rejected by people from above, and even Ishida's own drafts were drastically changed.
Mar 6, 11:35 AM
Apr 2021
Would be epic af tho
Mar 6, 11:36 AM
Aug 2023
We need The Promised Neverland Brotherhood too
Mar 6, 11:45 AM
Mar 2021
I wouldn't mind a remake to fix the last 2 seasons as the pacing was insane
Mar 6, 7:02 PM
Apr 2021
I really enjoyed the anime and am a manga reader. I’m a huge fan. Would love a remake, but am happy with the current anime. I re-watch it monthly at the minimum.
Mar 6, 7:48 PM
Apr 2022
There is a far difference between the Manga and the anime of Tokyo ghoul as the anime doesn't follow the story correctly. I'd prefer a remake where it follows the Manga.
Mar 6, 8:45 PM
Mar 2023
I am a strictly anime watcher, I haven’t read any manga. It is so weird to me when I see people talk about how bad Tokyo ghouls anime adaptation is and how much better the manga is, because I have it in my top 5 anime of all time and I loved it. I just completely skipped the season where it seemed like I was watching a different show.
Mar 6, 10:23 PM
Jan 2024
nah man I don't think it will I found the season one great the other's were obviously rushed with chapter skipped but I found it ok , I will read the manga sometime when I buy the box set so doesn't matter to me if it gets one or not but I hope it gets the love it deserves
Mar 6, 10:23 PM
Sep 2022
only mappa can do it 🤓
Mar 7, 12:17 AM
Dec 2022
_Sekiro_ said:
only mappa can do it 🤓

will mappa is just a few steps away from slavery.
even in history the power of slavery is so grate that it could even built primeds in a couple of years
Mar 7, 12:50 AM
Jun 2021
V1P3R0P said:

bro it was NOT a decent adaptation??? how can you Even say that when you havent read. the manga????
Mar 7, 2:42 PM
May 2020
SlimeLordOfRats said:

I heard about some MAPPA 2024 remake speculations on Twitter. Not sure about it being accurate anymore tho.
Mar 20, 10:51 AM
Sep 2023
as someone who's currently reading the manga i think an adaptation would be good
Mar 25, 2:16 PM
Dec 2023
i love tokyo ghoul so much but still don’t know what brotherhood is can anyone explain?
Apr 21, 1:09 PM

Nov 2017
Reply to hazrbb
i love tokyo ghoul so much but still don’t know what brotherhood is can anyone explain?
@hazrbb brotherhood refers to fullmetal alchemist: brotherhood, a complete, manga-accurate remake of fullmetal alchemist after the original anime went anime-original about halfway through (since the manga was still being published at the time)

ppl want a full tokyo ghoul remake that actually adapts and is faithful to the manga
"Leonardo... it wasn't, by any means, only your eyes that we welcomed into Libra."
- Klaus von Reinherz

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2018

251 by Termie_senpai »»
Yesterday, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2018

202 by bakakisima »»
May 17, 9:05 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2018

58 by bakakisima »»
May 16, 8:04 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2018

97 by bakakisima »»
May 11, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2018

193 by bakakisima »»
May 11, 12:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.