Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

what do you'all genuinely think about the boruto part 1? (no bait/serious/an honest talk)

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 26, 2023 2:21 PM
Aug 2014
i only watch it when it has manga content, so i havent really watched any of the filler but id say it's decent not particularly good nor bad.
Mar 26, 2023 2:45 PM
Dec 2020
So after watching this religiously every week,

While we had ups and downs in the anime, I think the anime itself had some very bold motive (with spoiling the manga-side) and did things particularly well, but also bad at times. Some arcs were phenomenal, others were... mediocre at times.

For what the anime itself has presented doe, we've seen Boruto as the brat under the "good light" of things and his journey seems to be a rocky mess that's upon us to see in a nearby future. The links between a few arcs, some anime-canon arcs being also good and a few disparities between the manga later, I'd give the anime a point for existing. It started shaping up at some point a little before the Kara clan arc in my opinion. The stuff before was mostly "exploring" character developpement, which was fine. Anything post that started being toward "that wild journey" Boruto's heading on (manga spoiler).

I'm very satisfied if you can ignore the animation hiccups we got a bunch of times, hopefully part 2 resumes with better quality, but I can deal with it, we haven't reached 7DS tier of problems.
ReshiRedMar 26, 2023 4:12 PM
Mar 26, 2023 2:47 PM

Mar 2014
If you get pass the huge amount of uninteresting "fillers", it's a decent watch. Does well enough to follow in the tracks of Naruto
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Mar 26, 2023 3:51 PM

Sep 2016
sharin9an said:
I love Boruto so much…

The story and plot is very good!! Canon is enjoyable.

But the animation!!!!! I have a whole album of screenshots of weird animation… although they’re enjoyable and funny to look through. Examples:
Those are just screenshots tho and not "animation"... Just to make it clear again (because many people still don't get it):

Animation: the way things MOVE 
Art: the way things look 

So what you are showing there is just bad art and anime art can look pretty shabby at times... especially when you pause in the middle of a fight scene or just any fast moving sequence.
Mar 27, 2023 12:34 AM
Apr 2018
genuinely, seeing how cracked the "canon" story was, fillers looked quite decent and even more sensible at times
overall the whole story was enjoyable anyways
// but only if you watch it when it's all out rather than ongoing
Mar 27, 2023 3:23 AM
Sep 2018
I liked it, fillers (anime canon) and all. Last few episodes were the best. I just wish female characters especially Sarada had more focus, it was mostly just Boruto and Kawaki smh. Anyway can't wait for timeskip, hopefully it will finally have some romance development.
Mar 27, 2023 1:19 PM

Sep 2013
Manga/Novel Canon arcs have been great. Anime Canon arcs (somewhat/more important anime arcs) are decent. Some hits and misses. Filler arcs/episodes (pointless anime arcs/episodes), are usually also hit or miss but usually "meh" and there are skippable episodes. There was only one time I took a hiatus from watching the Boruto anime when there was filler but I did watch everything.

Overall at best, I give Part 1 of Boruto: Naruto Next Generation anime a 6/10 (and overall at worst, 5/10). Ignoring pointless anime filler arcs, maybe a 7/10 at best. Manga/Novel arcs only, maybe an 8/10.
I am a thunder dragon! Hear me roar thunder and breathe lightning.
Mar 27, 2023 4:41 PM
Nov 2021
I think it's pretty average, but the canon and some fillers were good and from the little time they had they executed Boruto decently, and yeah a bad shedule and choosing it to be a long running anime was the worst choice :,(
Mar 27, 2023 10:13 PM
Aug 2010
somehow lacks coherence and because it's all about the next gen, I feel like everyone in it got nerfed to non existence. in the original you can have older folk that can wield some strength, feel like this was made impossible.

can't help but think that they entire series is kinda mid.

and while I dislike what content was in fillers, I personally never hated them and more appreciate the effort of keeping something going. I mean, this series could have been on hiatus for like 2 years. studios won't sit still so would argue that quality could've only slightly been better.

coming back to the nerf, am I wrong in saying that Naruto was always OP without the need for Kurama. felt like he was just plastered on there to go like "oh it him". also I'd argue that borutos onoki had faster reflexes than some of the old cast now. shikamaru being grabbed and restrained like that is something foreign.

5/10 tops used to be 3/10 as it had some improvements over time. but such a forgetful story and set of characters. too fluffed up by characters that don't carry any weight.
Mar 28, 2023 9:49 AM
May 2012
The manga story has some edge, but honestly that was also too much just like the Naruto series close to the end. I enjoyed the episodes where the "main" characters were just goofing around in the town and did some small missions. The several episode long filler stories were horrible, watching them it was a torture, horrible characters, awful story. I felt like I was burning alive.
Oct 1, 2023 9:31 PM

Mar 2021
Completely unnecessary. If you asked Naruto fans if they wanted to see a show that made Naruto and all of the other characters they watched for a decade become side characters with nerfs, every fan would say it's a terrible idea...........well they did that, and it was a terrible idea.

Boruto exists purely to milk the franchise. This was Naruto's story and they have thrown it out to shoehorn in his much more annoying and badly written son to take center stage. Why the hell would anybody think this is a good idea?

This is the problem with global hits, they just don't know when to call it a day. They just can't allow a story to end, they have to milk it until it destroys it.
-Hermit-Oct 1, 2023 9:38 PM
Oct 13, 2023 5:49 AM
Jan 2021
Reply to -Hermit-
Completely unnecessary. If you asked Naruto fans if they wanted to see a show that made Naruto and all of the other characters they watched for a decade become side characters with nerfs, every fan would say it's a terrible idea...........well they did that, and it was a terrible idea.

Boruto exists purely to milk the franchise. This was Naruto's story and they have thrown it out to shoehorn in his much more annoying and badly written son to take center stage. Why the hell would anybody think this is a good idea?

This is the problem with global hits, they just don't know when to call it a day. They just can't allow a story to end, they have to milk it until it destroys it.
@-Hermit- only retards who have no clue think they have been nerfed pre isshiki fight. Isshiki is kaguyas partner and alluded to beeing stronger than here due to kaguya likely having surprise betrayed him while she was intended to be the sacrifice. Shippuuden naruto and sasuke were A LOT weaker than kaguya

Kaguya is to isshiki what kinshiki is to momoshiki. If you are too dumb to understand then idk...

The best thing is to stop wasting everyones time whining about shit you dont understand and no nothing about and do simpler than you can comprehend like playing with legos or shit like that
DoggywithRemOct 13, 2023 5:53 AM
May 7, 3:53 AM

Oct 2022
better than the big 3 fr
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 218 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2021

160 by Gabriel31YT »»
May 17, 9:50 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2017

327 by Domfromthenick »»
May 3, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 29 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2017

58 by ItachiSanStatus »»
May 1, 11:43 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 168 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2020

28 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 23, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 173 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2020

26 by bottleblonde »»
Apr 18, 9:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.